• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 18: Rosario Vampire Mafia ~Game Over, Town Wins!~ BadWolf Foiled!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Zen, I have every reason to latch on bardull, and guess what, i'm going to keep doing it because he still not sufficiently answered my questions. I'm trying to get him to stop pretending that all it is is a tunnel, but I literally am not getting anything from him wrt my push. This is not good and I don't like being ignored, I am going to latch onto this until I am satisfied.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also I read that distancing thing and I find that incredibly silly, gender doesn't determine a read.

#HBC | ѕoup

Zen, I have every reason to latch on bardull, and guess what, i'm going to keep doing it because he still not sufficiently answered my questions. I'm trying to get him to stop pretending that all it is is a tunnel, but I literally am not getting anything from him wrt my push. This is not good and I don't like being ignored, I am going to latch onto this until I am satisfied.
Wanted to iterate on this more. I have been slightly reading Bardull and have given him massive lee-way, I like getting into personal conflicts to garner reads (no I don't mean actual personal I mean personal game-wise) because it's the easiest way for me to look into intentions based on someone is responding. Bardull has ignored me and just put me as tunneling town, I don't like it and I don't see much reason to dodge questions. I seen him respond to Badwolf however, and I've considered my own read on him based on those responses. It checks out evenly for now.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
-Soup you shouldn't care if Bardull is being stubborn towards you. All you should care about it lynching scum. It still is very odd for you to want to quick lynch him as early as you were willing to.
-The tell isn't about gender. It's about you intentionally making it look as if you had no idea. Thus had no contact with her before.

#HBC | ѕoup

-Soup you shouldn't care if Bardull is being stubborn towards you. All you should care about it lynching scum. It still is very odd for you to want to quick lynch him as early as you were willing to.
-The tell isn't about gender. It's about you intentionally making it look as if you had no idea. Thus had no contact with her before.
All a means of somehow getting him to crack, I wouldn't consider a quicklynch then but I can sure fake that I mean business can't I?
Nah, that's incredibly silly still, just called her a he based on impulse.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Honestly right now you are making me 180 on your slot. So much towniness from those posts. I retract my scum read. We can lynch Rake today. And I'm going to go ahead and put Vinyl as my third scum choice after Hipster. The Bardull/Dietz interaction is a intriguing, but not really much of a concern to me atm since both of them seem ok to me.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Zen: Null for now. We'll see what happens in the future, I've mostly exhausted my ability to read into the slot based on Badwolf vs. Bardull and Soup vs. Bardull since that's all he's been concerning his time with. (and neither of those have given solid tells to me)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Rake: Why did you unvote me? I hadn't even posted anything that could have changed your read/lifted your will to pressure.
I unvoted you because including my vote that was 3 votes, assuming you are correct with your scum buddy reads (not including mine ) it would take only the two of them to latch onto something you said as scummy and lynch you. This cannot happen as I oppose early lynches and nothing besides your random pressure votes have seemed scummy, after going back i realized the pressure vote tact and facepalmed because i missed it. So i unvoted you.

Vote: Rake

I'm not going to get what I want today, I can't get Bardull to crack and I really hate that he's just ignoring my points as a tunnel, I can't do anything with it right now and I have to say i've been somewhat hesitant on my Bardull scum-read. I'm okay with going here, I feel like Rake's play has been one of trying to gain attention while still not doing anything, he points out a lot of questions for everyone and drops a ton of rhetorical statements, I have yet to hear a solid thought from hear that didn't consist of "everyone, what do you think of this?" or an idle comment without any substantial evidence. Too careful.

Sheep me Zen.

I don't see it as gaining attention , and I will quote my own posts where I attempt to "do something ". My @everyone questions are purely to try to gain better reads on everyone. Half the people don't answer anyway. I have had solid statements and will find some in my next post. And honestly after my aggressive town style in my last newbie game (which resulted in a town lynch ) I have tried to be more careful , mainly because what i saw as scum play in Zen's slot that game with regards to some buddying between his and J's slot , my read on orbo turned out to be wrong , with the relationship being J scum and Orbo town. I'm not a man to make the same mistake twice.

Your decision to push Rake has done you some justice I will say. It actually confuses me a bit because I was leaning on you/him team before I fell asleep last night. You still, however, are my strongest scum read.

Rake
Rake has posted some contradicting statements which I'll bring up in just a bit after this post. Most of his posts are just basically agreeing/disagreeing with what other people have said and then asking general questions to everyone that really have nothing to gain from them. His vote on me looked really opportunistic and I do not like how all the sudden he unvoted just because Bardull placed suspicion on him changing his reads. It shows inconsistency and that Rake is trying to appeal rather than push the directions he actually feels we need to go. His wishy-washy stance on Bardull vs Soup is also concerning to me. Everyone else have given some sort of direct stance on the two of them by now. I remember town Rake in the last newbie much more involved and pushy in his stances. I really get the feel of him trying to be appeasing here.

I hope this clears some stuff up & Rake I hope your arm gets better soon n__n![/I]

The vote wasn't opportunistic , it was the same thing you did, pressure. There wasn't any / hasn't been any on you either as I recall. The unvote i already stated my reasons for, which is your scum reads, assuming a Soup and Hipster team, it would only take them to lynch you, so I unvoted. Until you did a 180 on Soup, which i'll get to.

I was showing inconsistency to that point because I had nothing definite for my own reads. After doing enough of it I made my stance on Bardull`s slot as town.

My stance was only wishy washy because i was going over it multiple ways, for example I read it assuming Bardull scum, Bardull town. Soup scum , Soup town. Then i made my stance on Bardull and since it`s been brought up, my stance on Soup is town as well, as it has been since my 299.

Everyone else gave a stance in their own time , it is not scummy for me to take mine when deciding on how and what I see wrt the Soup V Bardull situation.

Last town play I got a fellow town member lynched when I misread his and J`s buddying , my pushyness and directness ended up costing town, when Orbo flipped as town I felt like a dumb"** my points and thoughts on him and zen`s slot ended up being inaccurate and bordered on idiotic.

This game I`ve adopted something I already am liking more , which is a slower reads process , a more thorough re-read of posts I`m interested in and generally trying to get more opinions to support and or contradict my own ideas as last game I can honestly say my aggressiveness and pushyness was not the best way to play a town role. As an extension you will be seeing an aggressive push from me when I think a slot is scum , that is a guarantee.

Also for the record as you can see in my post 299 I have Soup as null right then and there. That`s a stance if I`ve ever seen one. Plus i haven`t moved on that since, as stated above,

Plus Zen , if you could , can you explain how you have gone from Soup as your strongest scum read, to Soup as town to just now stating you might do another 180 on him ? If my lack of stance has me as scum, is your doing it the same thing ?

@JD : Same question as posted to Zen , If my lack of stance has me as scum, is Zen doing it towards Soups slot same thing ? Why or why not would be appreciated

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
EDWOP : I will find stuff that I have done once Zen has his points against me that he stated earlier Up

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, because he's been taking measures to develop one by talking to Soup.

(and don't confuse having a Null on someone as having a stance. Null is an active declaration of "lack of stance" in the Town vs. Scum of a slot. It's better than not speaking at all, but it's not something to bring up to refute stance taking questions)

Rake: Who is scum in your opinion.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
The unvote i already stated my reasons for, which is your scum reads, assuming a Soup and Hipster team, it would only take them to lynch you, so I unvoted. Until you did a 180 on Soup, which i'll get to.
This can't be the case because you unvoted before I stated my Soup/Hipster team suspicion. I'm thinking this is a slip up here.

Rake said:
my stance on Soup is town as well, as it has been since my 299.
[QUOTERake]Also for the record as you can see in my post 299 I have Soup as null right then and there. [/QUOTE]The stuff you're saying is really inconsistent. What's up with this?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
EBWOP:
The unvote i already stated my reasons for, which is your scum reads, assuming a Soup and Hipster team, it would only take them to lynch you, so I unvoted. Until you did a 180 on Soup, which i'll get to.
This can't be the case because you unvoted before I stated my Soup/Hipster team suspicion. I'm thinking this is a slip up here.

Rake said:
my stance on Soup is town as well, as it has been since my 299.
Rake said:
Also for the record as you can see in my post 299 I have Soup as null right then and there.
The stuff you're saying is really inconsistent. What's up with this?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Another inconsistent thought that I noticed earlier:

Rake#299 said:
I disagree with a lynch this early, Soup And Bardull's whole thing is making for great content to get reads for people reacting to it.
Rake said:
Sorry , didn't mean to be all vague, what i meant is, your and Soups entire deal seems extremely unhelpful to town and both of you had posts were looking scummy to me, especially since a lot of it was Emotionally charged

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rake indeed unvoted before Zen ever substantiated his position/scum cases.

(also kind of an aside: it's a bit late to be saying you unvoted for fear of a lynch not giving us time. We're close to deadline and this is about as much time as you can reasonably get in a mafia game Day no matter how it goes. We're past the point of waiting for time's sake)

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Hey guys, been busy today. Will catch up sometime tonight (haven't read anything new since my last post.)

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
@Hipster/anyone else who asked: My vote on you was as Bardull described. You had yet to be pressured or really looked at and I wanted to gauge how you would react. This is also the same reasoning for my vote on Jdietz. I had yet to really look at him. I suppose it's a habit of mine early game to vote who I am currently interested in. There is also another reason for why I voted you in particular, but it had nothing to do with you so don't worry. I will explain this in just a bit after I rally up some more information.
Voting with no explanations until pages later seemed a bit scummy, but I can understand the pressure voting strategy here. Since we were past RVS and because of this post by Soup:
Zen, talk to me. I know what you're doing but me and you both know this doesn't work out too well without applied reasoning.
I assumed that your strategy might not just be pressure and I was suspicious. However, I don't think the votes were scummy now that I know the reasoning behind them.

Yeah doubt you were just assuming she was a guy and passing off as internet especially seeing how much trouble you've gone through not offend anyone in the past:Furthermore, it has been shown that Badwolf/Hipster/J know each other in real life and he (badwolf) has referred to her as 'her' various times. For you to act like you didn't know really looks to me like you planted it as a way of distancing. I have a large suspicion that you two are scumbuddies and that you wanted to make it look like you didn't know a thing about her by referring to her as 'him'. I know you're going to try and play this off as something small, but it really isn't based on your nature. There was one answer I was looking for to determine if this was the case or not. Had you simply answered that it was in the moment and that you weren't really considering it at the time, I would have completely left it alone. But your responses above indicate otherwise and that you intentionally referred to her that way. The reason you give is completely false and outside of your nature as shown by the above quotes. The fact that it took you so long to answer the questions doesn't suit you any better. The way you have been limiting your answers to my posts makes me feel as if you are playing cautious about what to say.
I find this extremely far-fetched. I believe that Soup made a subtle mistake and you're overreacting because Soup was in your lynch pool when you wrote this post. While I do think it was obvious that I'm a girl because I know Badwolf and he's been referring to me as one this entire game (and I don't know how Soup missed that), it can be hard to tell sometimes. If I didn't know J, I definitely would have assumed that he was a girl. In my opinion, this is a ridiculous accusation and should not determine anyone's lynch.

@Hipster: Are you a boy or a girl?

Okay, this post made me laugh. Everyone get this down now so we don't have to go through it again: I'm a girl. There are girls on the internet. Deal with it.

Rake, you really screwed up in #453 when responding to that first quote. As Zen pointed out, you have been incredibly inconsistent this game and I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't notice earlier. Strongly considering voting for you at this point unless you can somehow defend all of your mistakes.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
@Zen
I haven't been paying much attention to the Rake case... I was busy trying to get a response from BarDulL, and since I really don't want to have to search through all the posts for an argument can you just sum it up for me? I don't want to just go "HERP DERP LETS VOTE NOW."

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
How was it scummy? Rake's post was obviously scum since his defense for unvoting was so fake. I was going to wait to see Rake's comments on this, but you're right about time running out and I don't think there's much that Rake could say to change my opinion.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
It's the justification that made it scummy. When you say "there is no way" you make it seem as if it is 100% which it never is to a townie. Scum use this to justify their votes. Or when they know someone is scum. That's why it's scummy. Your vote itself wasn't. I'm glad you did so thanks.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Regarding JD: JD is ok, nothing strikes at me as off atm. I'm a little sketched by his "open mindedness" when he switched his vote from me, but nothing conclusive. Null for now.

HipsterSister

Smash Rookie
There's never any certainty in mafia, it's just my opinion that it's very, very unlikely that Rake could have changed my mind about voting him. I can't envision anything he could possibly say change my read, meaning "there's no way" it could happen.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
@J: Can we get a vote count?

OK well, here's how I look at it. List of people who I'm looking at:

Rake: I haven't really been looking that far into his posts, right now he's null-scum to me. However, I do agree that he has been very inconsistent.

BarDulL: He has been really "Don't get in my way." this game. Entirely different from the Breaking Bad game (where he was scum) but that doesn't allow me to say he's town.

Zen: I don't really trust you that much. I don't think you have been voting that seriously. Your RVS voting has moved through-out this entire game, until someone called you out on it.

I agree that Rake right now is pretty scummy. Although I would also be OK with a Zen or BarDulL lynch.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's never any certainty in mafia, it's just my opinion that it's very, very unlikely that Rake could have changed my mind about voting him. I can't envision anything he could possibly say change my read, meaning "there's no way" it could happen.
That isn't what you said.

You said "there's no way those inconsistencies were just mistakes".

That doesn't retroactively translate into "there's no way he could change my mind". Reaching for this is very bad, and a pretty easy scum tell. It could have been passable as your opinion until you tried to use what you already said to support it like that.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Badwolf: Why did you vote despite not knowing the total and even asking for a votecount.

Why did you also say "I haven't really been looking into his posts" wrt Rake and then follow your vote with "I agree that Rake right now is really scummy" How is that possible.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@J: Can we get a vote count?

OK well, here's how I look at it. List of people who I'm looking at:

Rake: I haven't really been looking that far into his posts, right now he's null-scum to me. However, I do agree that he has been very inconsistent.

BarDulL: He has been really "Don't get in my way." this game. Entirely different from the Breaking Bad game (where he was scum) but that doesn't allow me to say he's town.

Zen: I don't really trust you that much. I don't think you have been voting that seriously. Your RVS voting has moved through-out this entire game, until someone called you out on it.

I agree that Rake right now is pretty scummy. Although I would also be OK with a Zen or BarDulL lynch.

Top Bottom