• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
And that clinches that.

I'm Hank Schrader, Vanilla Townie, which means if Bardull is claiming VT Vinyl must be our doctor. That makes things much easier (as I don't have to weigh the possibility of Vinylscum through his low activity levels)

Vote: Bardull

There's one Fire Mafia Goon, one VT, and one doc left. By process of elimination since Bardull fakeclaimed VT and I'm VT, you're doc Vinyl. (and Bardull is our last Fire Goon)

For some simple evidence just look at Bardull's play so far since replacing. He replaced an entirely null slot who made active attempts not to have any activity (o-Serin-o), lynched Orbo without giving any proper reasoning, didn't want me asking if you were the doctor (which would clear you and make Orbo have to guess which of us was actually doc), and wanted to hear from us before he made up his mind who he wanted to push. I can go over more of his play if needed.

In comparison I've been here hunting for better or worse from D1, have held no secrets, and always had a good reason to back up the actions I took right or wrong. Ask me any questions you have before voting if you feel the need to ask them, and if you feel it's necessary you can out who you protected and examine that for possible further info on me being clear. Otherwise we're done here, and thank goodness for the win after all that nonsense this game with inactivity.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Terrible argument.

Going to wrap this up with one big post later tonight.
Just like you were going to wrap up Orbo with a post that didn't ever come right?

You like to say things like this, but they really don't ever mean anything. Something I hope Vinyl can see.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Already said that I didn't feel like writing an ENTIRE synopsis on why Zen's play was pure garbage. I'll even talk about how bad it was post-game. Zen had NO business pushing Ran to his death when Ran was town telling out the ***.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Anyway, I'm going to be back later. Vinyl, out your doc saves. If I'm saved, we can wrap this up quickly and I won't even have to take the time to reread everything.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Already said that I didn't feel like writing an ENTIRE synopsis on why Zen's play was pure garbage. I'll even talk about how bad it was post-game. Zen had NO business pushing Ran to his death when Ran was town telling out the ***.
See: thing is, without an entire writeup of why Zen's play was garbage: your opinion that Zen's play was garbage is garbage.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright, I'm here.

It's time to put an end to this. Prepare for the fight of your life, JD.

@KaryLemon:
Asking a ton of questions is typical of Ran, his overall behavior surrounding those questions however is not.
Alright, here's the first problem: you were already aware of Ran's Town meta, which is very blatantly obvious to anyone familiar with him. Ran asked A LOT of questions early on in the game and was fitting his Town meta really well. This is the same reasoning for why I pushed for an Orbo lynched; Zen should have known better than to push for the Ranmaru lynch while Ran was playing the way he was playing.

Secondly, your disregard for Ran's meta is pretty obvious considering you tossed it aside on the premise that his "behavior" is abnormal. However, you hardly substantiate this abnormality and continue pushing for his lynch regardless. This is blatant scum pushing 101 and I'm surprised I didn't see it before.

Incidentally, Kary also wanted a Ranmaru lynch. Although there was early RVS distancing between you and Kary, you end up working together with him to push the Ranmaru lynch. The distancing dissipates shortly after RVS, oddly. Perhaps it was poor scum play on both your parts, granted this is a newbie game so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Ran scum. Vinyl noobscum with Ran.
*facepalm*. Still unsubstantiated and mad scummy. Ran was very obviously Town. And jesus, Vinyl defending Ran makes Vinyl auto scum with Ran? Talk about grasping at straws, that would be way too obvious.

From what I've read, the play for toDay is going to be Ran, Vinyl, or Kary? Fair enough.

When I saw Ran give the okay on the lynch for today, I thought to myself:

Not sure if playing smart
Or just bluffing.

But regardless of that Kary has contradicted his reads toward Vinyl.

I'm about to read all of Vinyl's posts.
Serin, my slot, points out that Kary had contradicted his reads. I don't understand how it makes sense for Serin to be doing this as the last fire with Kary. Call it intentional distancing if you want, but on D1? While Kary was already up there on the lynch list? It makes no sense for Serin to do that as Fire scum.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
A general summary of JD's play:

Since the start of the game JD has been following the coat tails of stronger players (Zen/ Kuz). His votes on Ranmaru and Aleate, for instance, were all formulated off the cases Zen made. Yuck. Pretty much has stayed that way for a while too, at least what it looks like from pages 1-17.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Continuing my reread, I noticed that JD OMGUS'd J around page 20. Peculiar behavior. JD substantiates his Jscum read with J's scum read on JD.

This is so blatantly obvious that it hurts.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Jesus, JD omguses just about EVERYONE who votes for him, and rides the coat tails of stronger players when said players lead a lynch.

Vinyl, vote for JD. Please. For great justice and for his deplorable scum play.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Like, he attacks Ori_bro AFTER suspicion and pressure is mounted on Ori_bro. Not ONCE does JD ever lead on anyone himself, all he has been doing all game is following other players around and, incidentally, never pushing for scum.

The self sacrificing thing was a good bluff though JD, I must say. I thought you were Ice because of that, but as Fire, that was one hell of a risk.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
And that clinches that.

I'm Hank Schrader, Vanilla Townie, which means if Bardull is claiming VT Vinyl must be our doctor. That makes things much easier (as I don't have to weigh the possibility of Vinylscum through his low activity levels)

Vote: Bardull

There's one Fire Mafia Goon, one VT, and one doc left. By process of elimination since Bardull fakeclaimed VT and I'm VT, you're doc Vinyl. (and Bardull is our last Fire Goon)

For some simple evidence just look at Bardull's play so far since replacing. He replaced an entirely null slot who made active attempts not to have any activity (o-Serin-o), lynched Orbo without giving any proper reasoning, didn't want me asking if you were the doctor (which would clear you and make Orbo have to guess which of us was actually doc), and wanted to hear from us before he made up his mind who he wanted to push. I can go over more of his play if needed.

In comparison I've been here hunting for better or worse from D1, have held no secrets, and always had a good reason to back up the actions I took right or wrong. Ask me any questions you have before voting if you feel the need to ask them, and if you feel it's necessary you can out who you protected and examine that for possible further info on me being clear. Otherwise we're done here, and thank goodness for the win after all that nonsense this game with inactivity.
Also, Vinyl, take a look at this. He tries to make me out to be scum by saying that I'm scum because I didn't want you to answer his question right away. What the douce? I have all the Town motivation in the world to not have that information outed right away and to get reads from him before he jumps to conclusions.

Fact is, JD has been jumping around all game. I don't even know how he got from Vinyl Town, to Vinyl Scum, to Vinyl Town again. He hasn't substantiated his Vinyl Town read at all, he just magically came to conclusions that you were doc and I was scum pretty much out of thin air.

But for the record, JD thought you were scum aligned because of your defense of Ranmaru, but all of a sudden he thinks you're Town and that I'm scum? Only because I didn't thoroughly explain why Zen played? Jeez, talk about hypocritical.

That reasoning is weak.

I've stayed committed to my lynches and pushed my scum reads. JD has been OMGUS'ing people and following the coat tails of stronger players. That's all there is to it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
And bardull, give out a reason why you're town and not scum.

All I see your offense and counters on Jd, but not your defense.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I defended myself in my #1456 a bit, but I'll elaborate further as to why I'm Town.

Point 1: My slot virtually has no scummy connection to the Kary slot, whereas JD dropped his RVS distancing with Kary and ended up subtlety working with Kary to lynch Ranmaru.

Point 2: I've remained committed to my scum reads and pushed who I felt was scum at all times, which includes Orbo and Ori_bro. I put myself out there regardless of how bad it made me look when they both flipped Town. JD has simply been too preoccupied with following band wagons and "blaming others" when the bandwagon ends up killing a Townie so that he doesn't look scummy.

It's kind of hard to "defend" myself though when I'm not being attacked.

All in all, I'm pretty confident in myself and how I've played so far and I have no regrets about any of the decisions I've made.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright, I'm here.

It's time to put an end to this. Prepare for the fight of your life, JD.

Alright, here's the first problem: you were already aware of Ran's Town meta, which is very blatantly obvious to anyone familiar with him. Ran asked A LOT of questions early on in the game and was fitting his Town meta really well. This is the same reasoning for why I pushed for an Orbo lynched; Zen should have known better than to push for the Ranmaru lynch while Ran was playing the way he was playing.

Secondly, your disregard for Ran's meta is pretty obvious considering you tossed it aside on the premise that his "behavior" is abnormal. However, you hardly substantiate this abnormality and continue pushing for his lynch regardless. This is blatant scum pushing 101 and I'm surprised I didn't see it before.
If you actually read through instead of looking for attack points, you'd know Ran's behavior was off. Ran's meta can't explain claiming to have reads on Shotty (town reads even) from before Shotty ever posted. There were holes in Ran's play such as this that meta could never account for. Between that and outing his reads unprovoked before anyone should have concrete reads sealed the deal on his slot being the pick.

Incidentally, Kary also wanted a Ranmaru lynch. Although there was early RVS distancing between you and Kary, you end up working together with him to push the Ranmaru lynch. The distancing dissipates shortly after RVS, oddly. Perhaps it was poor scum play on both your parts, granted this is a newbie game so that shouldn't come as a surprise.
I don't control the actions of Kary. I wanted a Ran lynch and got it, Kary wanted the same. The fact Kary was scum is unfortunate for my case, but so be it.

*facepalm*. Still unsubstantiated and mad scummy. Ran was very obviously Town. And jesus, Vinyl defending Ran makes Vinyl auto scum with Ran? Talk about grasping at straws, that would be way too obvious.
Entirely substantiated and reasonable. A player (Ran) doesn't remark a slot is "Town town town!" three times vehemently, without handing out a read or good reason for it. His read on Vinyl at the time was unsubstantiated from his end, looking into Vinyl on a Ran scum flip would have been elementary.

Serin, my slot, points out that Kary had contradicted his reads. I don't understand how it makes sense for Serin to be doing this as the last fire with Kary. Call it intentional distancing if you want, but on D1? While Kary was already up there on the lynch list? It makes no sense for Serin to do that as Fire scum.
Sure it does. He barely even says anything. He doesn't push Kary nor put him in any more danger, he doesn't even ever give his opinion on the situation. Just states "Looks like these guys are the play" and leaves. It's low risk content at it's finest.

A general summary of JD's play:

Since the start of the game JD has been following the coat tails of stronger players (Zen/ Kuz). His votes on Ranmaru and Aleate, for instance, were all formulated off the cases Zen made. Yuck. Pretty much has stayed that way for a while too, at least what it looks like from pages 1-17.
Ranmaru no, Zen's case was a contributing factor, but I could not ignore what seemed to be faking a read on a player who hadn't yet acted. Quote me my Aleate vote. I don't remember voting for Aleate other than once in search of provoking Aleate content.

Continuing my reread, I noticed that JD OMGUS'd J around page 20. Peculiar behavior. JD substantiates his Jscum read with J's scum read on JD.

This is so blatantly obvious that it hurts.
You saw the part where J flipped scum right? I was right to be alarmed in that scenario, it was exactly what I thought it was.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Like, he attacks Ori_bro AFTER suspicion and pressure is mounted on Ori_bro. Not ONCE does JD ever lead on anyone himself, all he has been doing all game is following other players around and, incidentally, never pushing for scum.

The self sacrificing thing was a good bluff though JD, I must say. I thought you were Ice because of that, but as Fire, that was one hell of a risk.
The case on J, yourself, and my suspicion of Shotty yesterday say differently.

I have always elaborated on my feelings in each lynch. Cited posts, gave reasons. Even when some of those had already been brought up by other players who I agreed with.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, Vinyl, take a look at this. He tries to make me out to be scum by saying that I'm scum because I didn't want you to answer his question right away. What the douce? I have all the Town motivation in the world to not have that information outed right away and to get reads from him before he jumps to conclusions.

Fact is, JD has been jumping around all game. I don't even know how he got from Vinyl Town, to Vinyl Scum, to Vinyl Town again. He hasn't substantiated his Vinyl Town read at all, he just magically came to conclusions that you were doc and I was scum pretty much out of thin air.

But for the record, JD thought you were scum aligned because of your defense of Ranmaru, but all of a sudden he thinks you're Town and that I'm scum? Only because I didn't thoroughly explain why Zen played? Jeez, talk about hypocritical.

That reasoning is weak.

I've stayed committed to my lynches and pushed my scum reads. JD has been OMGUS'ing people and following the coat tails of stronger players. That's all there is to it.

You're actually going to try and lie about my stances on Vinyl to convince Vinyl himself that I'm scum? I think he of all people remembers what my stances on him were.

You are scum. You're scummier than Vinyl by a long shot after your lack of substance against Orbo, and since I'm VT, Vinyl is doc. That read didn't come from nothing.

Vinyl scum was based on Ran's play and the connection between the two slots back when I thought Ran was scum D1. When Ran flipped town, my Vinyl scum-read died with him, there was no longer any reason for me to think he was scum.

I even defended him D2 from being the lynch choice

I disagree with Zen's opinion that Vinyl is still a lynch candidate. He's dumb as a post, but he was looking scum because of Ran's affiliation with him (particularly his "Town town town" shtick, I still don't understand why Ran did this to himself and Vinyl as a townie). He can be lost, but he isn't the correct pick toDay.
Vinyl has stayed there since. A fact I'm sure Vinyl himself is best aware of. If trying to push me for this isn't the final nail in Vinyl's decision I don't know what is.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I defended myself in my #1456 a bit, but I'll elaborate further as to why I'm Town.

Point 1: My slot virtually has no scummy connection to the Kary slot, whereas JD dropped his RVS distancing with Kary and ended up subtlety working with Kary to lynch Ranmaru.
Your slot doesn't have any connections period. Not just with Kary, but with any player in the game. Your slot was entirely inactive: posted no content, and when you replaced in you decided to push Orbo of all people, then refused to substantiate why both before and after he died.

The fact I haven't been afraid to make connections to everybody and have played so hard should be the biggest town-tell I have. Your slot cannot say the same.

Point 2: I've remained committed to my scum reads and pushed who I felt was scum at all times, which includes Orbo and Ori_bro. I put myself out there regardless of how bad it made me look when they both flipped Town. JD has simply been too preoccupied with following band wagons and "blaming others" when the bandwagon ends up killing a Townie so that he doesn't look scummy.
It's called scum-hunting Bardull. You have to break some eggs if you're going to chase down your reads. It's easy to "stay committed" when you barely have any reads. I don't even recall you even trying to have the pretense of a reason for Ori's lynch.

It's kind of hard to "defend" myself though when I'm not being attacked.

All in all, I'm pretty confident in myself and how I've played so far and I have no regrets about any of the decisions I've made.
Refusing to respond to allegations is not the same as not being attacked. You're acting like if you hide your head in the sand and keep quiet Vinyl will forget you were being discussed.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Busy tonight, will get to this tomorrow.

Or if you can hammer on JD now, that would be great. I looked over his arguments and facepalmed.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay!!

We did it Vinyl!

I was worried you would read too hard into the incidental Kary connection from D1, but you saw Bardull for the scum!

(I'm also glad this game ended positively after the way rocky start)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm so glad this game ended before I left on my trip, I was dreading having to type it out by phone :v

Anyways...

Bardull (Tuco Salamanca, Cartel Goon) has been lynched!

Town Wins!

Comments will unfortunately have to wait until next week as I'm leaving to vacation like right now, but great game everyone (despite the inactivity problems). Thank you so much to everyone that replaced in and more so to everyone that stuck with it.

I'll let scum post their respective QTs if they feel like it.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
GG to everyone, glad town pulled it out.
J go **** yourself .-. /salt.

shoutouts to come in a minute or two, thank you JTb for letting me replace in.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
yay. Good **** JD, I had my doubts about you throughout the entirety of this game. But when there were so few of us left Bardull definitely was standing out more to me. I knew when Orbo flipped town I was dead so everything I would have said would have been like stuff I posted beforehand when you were wanting me dead xD.

But w/e this is actually my first mafia win ^_^ so i'm happy.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
1. Vinyl.- You played pretty well for your role. far enough into the background to avoid the NK, but town enough to not get lynched. Would like for you to be more active at times though, but a pretty decent game overall.
2. Aleate- inactivity is a ***** ain't it? you did better here than your other newbie game, and I would like to see a fullt active you.
2a. Anomandaris_Rake Good stuff from you after replacing dgames. stick around and you'll probably be pretty good.
3. Ori_bro My apologies for how I acted towards you when pushing your lynch. I got a little overboard. You could be in the forefront a little more, but I had a nice time playing with you overall.
4. o-Serin-o inactivity is a ***** isn't it?
4a Bardull thanks for replacing in, and you almost pulled off the win. if you substantiated your reads more you might not have been lynched in lylo.
5. GLG same as serin.
5a Soup~ thanks for replacing in soup. you did pretty good, and I like playing with you.
6. VitaminC apologies for the lynch. not reallly much to say here.
7. Shottymaster so null you almost made it as scum.
8. Jdietz GG man. everything finally pulled together for you, and you got town the win.
9. Kary didn't play with you, but you seemed scum as ****. first game though, so time to improve.
10. Zen (IC) Orboknown I liked how I played.
11. th3kuzinator (IC) Kuz man. would have been nice playing with you, even as scum.
11a J- Stop reading my mind at times, you did pretty good. Already talked with you, but that hydra needs to happen one of these days
12. Ranmaru (SE) apologies for my slot lynching you.-.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Defiinitely no MVP is going to be awarded.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Fire shot Jdietz twice over the course of the game, which Vinyl blocked everytime.

I believe N2 didn't have a kill because Serin disappeared completely and I couldn't get a hold of him for an action.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Who, if anyone, did fire mafia shoot on N1?

Orbo what makes you say Kary was scum as ****?
i'd have to look back to get specifics, but i remember having an overall bad vibe about him. i do remember he was very contradictory with his reads

Top Bottom