• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fire shot Jdietz twice over the course of the game, which Vinyl blocked everytime.
I'm too cool to die

Vote: Jdietz43 MVP

:p

That opening for us was rough rough rough, but as soon as J died it all became a lot clearer. I'm glad I made the right calls in endgame so we salvaged it at the very end. *phew*

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
nice job guys n.n. I'm very sorry I had replaced out. I would have loved to continue playing. I hope you all continue around dgames! I'll give out some player specific comments later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen knew I was town. He lynched me for secret reasons. Comments and explanation for my actions later

:phone:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Hey guys, good game.

Thoughts/Opinions:

Was a bit sad to die night 1, especially after making myself look scummy, particularly with wanting both Ran and Vinyl lynched. Shotty/Kuz, was there a particular reason for you shooting me, guys?

Had an insta-town read on VitaminC Day 1, then developed town reads on Vinyl and Ran since their 'he's obviously town' play made no sense as scum. Thought one of JDietz or Zen was scum until I realised they were just pushing the Ran waggon based just on his actions, and I read Shotty as newbie town Day 1. Everyone else was basically a non-presence while I was alive, which was sometimes frustrating.

Shottymaster: Your play past Day 1 I didn't find very convincing, but thankfully no-one was looking at you, and it stayed that way, so well played.
J: I thought your play was mad scummy, but it's easy to say that when you know. Did play well, though.
Vinyl: You were quiet, but as I said I read you as town. You did a good job as Doc and made the right decision in the end, well played.
JDietz: I was going to tear your play to pieces Day 2, but overall you came across as town, and were clear with your reads/reasoning so good job. I think you need to work on your reads and focus less on people's actions, but hey so do most of us.
Ranmaru: Sorry about arguing with you, man. Lynching you, well... that's the game isn't it. As I said before, I had you as town so good job in that respect. Just try not to give people so much ammunition to use against you I guess, other than that your play was good.
Serin: It was nice to partner with you, that's about all I can say.
Bardull: Good effort, man. Thanks for replacing in, thought you might actually win it for the team so yeah. I wouldn't have played it the way you did, particularly in Lylo, but yeah you did a good job, high five.
Ori_bro: Bro, I get good vibes from you, but you don't seem to give a lot of content! I think I get what you mean but it's hard to tell sometimes. Still, I enjoyed playing with you and would definitely do it again.
VitaminC: As I said, I had you as insta-town, so good job. As I've said, it sucks that town turned against you, but you've got to try and fight back. Really liked your play other than that, though, can't wait to see your next game.

That's about it... sorry but I've not that much to say about other people!

Yadda yadda yadda....

Fire Mafia QT for those interested, it's mostly me talking to myself!

I don't know whether I should link the Green Room, will leave that for now.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Or Vinyl MVP, GJ Hammering right.
Haha, game done right. I trusted my instinct and felt that bardull was scum.
Over the past days, I've been looking at stuff and skimmed.

Because of bardull's reasonings with such large words and hard proofs, I would probably have lost the game. But I felt like he wanted to lynch Jd quickly so he can take the win.

Going too quick for the kill and that lynch him, kill him, destroy him thingy sentence made me believe he was scummy.

These italicized words show expression, they're not just bland, you know.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is probably the second time I won against bardull.

And won thrice (minigame mafia combined) in general. In a row.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Some of the things Bardull was saying were kinda BS: "My slot had no scummy connections with Kary" When Serin had made like 3 posts, totalling about 50 words by the time Kary was dead...

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I came in here wanting to say some things but saw Ditzy's photo and had to ask:

Is that you? o_O

Shottymaster

Smash Rookie
gg everyone, definitely didn't see Vinyl Doc coming, we kept him instead of NKing him because he was so obviously town >_<

Bardull, y u ruin our Ice win?

I don't think I did too bad for my first game, being scumbuddied with J definitely helped a LOT.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
GGs. I tried playing with a thick headed and arrogant persona, but I came off as too aggressive towards the end apparently. 4/10 or 5/10 scum performance, nothing special.

JD - Balls. I didn't get the chance to really argue with you. It would have been fun. Oh well. GG.
Vinyl - You are poo.
Shotty - Your switch to the orbo lynch made you REALLY scummy. I didn't question it right away since I wanted the Orbo lynch, but I knew after the J flip that you were Ice for sure. Had to do the deed especially since you were trying to set me up for a lynch.
J - lolikillu.
Ori_bro - Never rage quit. Ever. I can sympathize with you since I've done it before, but it's really anti-town to self hammer, even if the world is seemingly against you. And remember that someone on your wagon is probably scum, but not everyone. Look for those people next time and really try to identify who is town and who is scum.
Ranmaru - I thought you played fine, but the early map of reads was kind of off, so I actually do understand where Zen was coming from with his read on you.
Zen - You played fine. I had a good feeling your slot was Town, but I got some Ice vibes from it. I chastised your play and said that you should have known better than to push for Ranmaru, but I did in fact understand where you were coming from with the ScumRan read.
Orbo - You played fine, but I was kind of at odds with your behavior regarding myself and Anomandaris since we had scum reads on you. Did you have town reads on both of us?

Anomandaris - Town town town. I liked your slot. Hope to see more from you.

I don't really remember anyone else. Sorry if I missed anyone.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Also saying "JDietz worked with Kary to lynch Ranmaru" to imply JD is scum is like realllly Bardull?
It made sense FMPOV since JD was presumably "Fire." It was grasping, but it was sensible from where I was coming from nonetheless.

Not that convincing though, you're right.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I came in here wanting to say some things but saw Ditzy's photo and had to ask:

Is that you? o_O
Haha! No, that's not me. I just googled "Cool shades" for a reaction photo to hearing I was saved twice and that popped up. Your reaction was totally entertaining though so now I wish that was me.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shoutoutz:

Vinyl: From the perspective of being the doc you did alright staying out of the firing line, but overall you were a bit unhelpful. Don't be afraid to actually get involved a little bit next time around, you might catch some scum!
Rake: You did a good job sans pushing Orbo to death, (I can hardly fault you after my own performance early in the game). I'm sure if you were still alive come lylo you would have made the right choices.
Ori_Bro: You did pretty well. Honestly things weren't going all that bad for you until you forged that hard connection to J right before he flipped scum... after that there wasn't much to be done. Even then I was dissapointed at the self hammer, you could have given the town a little more to work with even going down with the ship.
Bardull: You did well for replacing into the entirely inactive slot. You did what you could, but it's hard to compete in a lylo that has two non-replacements looking at you for answers you didn't quite give when you had the chance to earlier.
Soup: I had my doubts about you here and there but you were a key player in the "shake it up for reads" phase of the game when we needed replacements. Too bad you wanted to lynch me ;3
VitaminC: Not really sure what to say here, you did fine up until you died. The Kary connections just weren't in your favor. Same thing goes for you as Ori_Bro, it was a little dissapointing when you killed yourself as town (especially when J tried to use that as fuel lol)
Shottymaster: Sneaky sneaky, but lurking during a lynch only gets you so far. Had you not been dead you'd have been one of the next to go. You did a great job up until the very end though, when your activity and Orbo vote betrayed your fluff posting.
Kary: I really wasn't sure how to take you, you could have easily been scum or town when you were alive. I'm kind of glad you randomly died to solve that problem early.
Zen: You did good work while you were here, without you I probably would have been that much more aimless. Part of me did wonder if you really were looking at me as scum before you left like J suggested.
Orbo: You did a great job continuing where Zen left off. For what it's worth I never doubted your slot's townitude, and your play attributed to that.
J: You tricky devil you... I knew you were setting me up. Knew it knew it knew it! :p
Ranmaru: I really did think you were scumbro lol. I just couldn't get over that read on Shotty before he had ever posted... smh
Serin/Kuz/GLG/Aleate: Sorry bros, but you have to play to get a shoutout. Ohhh sick burns! (jk you guys are alright, but didn't really have an impact on this game)

X1-12

Smash Champion
It made sense FMPOV since JD was presumably "Fire." It was grasping, but it was sensible from where I was coming from nonetheless.

Not that convincing though, you're right.
It doesn't even make sense as an attack. How does the fact JD attacking the same person as Kary in any way imply he's scum? Townies attack other townies all the time. Because a scum person also attacked the same townie means all the town who are wrong were "working with the scummy" lol?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vinyl: Awesome. I had a super town read on the Doc. Good job man. I could tell you were getting suspicious of my buddying to you. Sorry bro. Try harder in reading me if you get worried about that. I'm glad JD took my death as a town tell for you to ride the game. I am also glad you AGAIN chose correctly in lylo. Good stuff man.

Rake: Hmmm. I saw you replace in, your thoughts were interesting but try to be a bit more concise. You don't really have to do ISO's or anything. Or w/e it was you did. Also, you read Zen's slot through his play only, and not Orbo's. Try to look at both and see if the scumintent lines up. Although I can understand you seeing scumintent from Zen because to me it seemed like he was just bull****ting a read on me just to get me lynched for secret reasons that we need to talk about. Anyways good stuff and look forward to playing with you. Don't daykill me now if you are vig. At least give me a day before doing so. : P

Ori_Bro: Don't ever give up man! You are basically letting scum win if you self hammer. At times they may even convince you to self hammer, as this has happened to me in the past. But don't let them convince! Kuz once told me that you should try to push back to your attackers to make sure they take responsibility for your TOWNIE death! Makes sense because scum don't want to look bad upon a townie's town flip. Also don't ever make it so they can just say "He was stupid it was his fault". (Basically acting like an idiot at L-1 or something)

Ok, now your early play. You didn't really seem that interested, and you just sheeped to consensus (in my pov). You didn't give me a chance by just agreeing to other's opinions on me. Try to make sure you don't just agree because you could be killing off another townie. Not cool bro. OREOBRO. Cmon man. How can a guy who gave you that nickname BE SCUM. HOW???? :c

Anyways late game you voted well, you just gave up. So work on your early game bro, and don't just agree to things. Question them first, and use your OWN BRAINZ.

Otherwise good job dude, look forward to playing with ya in the future.

Bardull: Yo Bardull. You obviously had crap reasoning on Zen's slot lol. I lol everytime how "townie" I am AFTER my death. Where were you to defend me early game? D: < Anyways good try. I didn't like your "No don't claim vynil" it wasn't really neccessary and it wouldn't help town to stop a claim. : P

Soup: Don't let J fool you man! Anyways I liked your play here dude. Glad you didn't replace in for scum honestly. But you would have if you replaced into the IC slot. Sad to see you didn't for IC reasons, not alignment. Oh well next time dude.

VitaminC: Yo Vitamin! I think I gave you some advice in the green room, but I'll quote it:

Mmm. Ok, you started off with a 'reaction test'. I will recommend you not rely on reaction tests to find scum. At least for now. First off, this was the scummiest thing from you in my eyes. You hinged on that when you were cornered. Like I didn't really know if you really suspected me because of my 'active towns are better than lurky towns' or because of new evidence. Again, it just seemed like you were trying to make up new reasons. Reaction tests and gambits don't do me any good lol. You really have to have the gambit thought out and it has to be air tight when considering the consequences.

Now, the reason why you want to legit find suspicious reasons to find scum is so that you don't mislynch your own kind, townies. This is important. Try to BACK UP your theories/accusations. It helps to do this with quotes/things your suspect has said. This way you aren't twisting them into being scum. If you can't find anything, simple. This means scum/people haven't talked enough. Make people talk. (That's why I say an active town is better than a lurky town)

Make them talk. IF they don't talk, lynch them.

Anyways. Here is an example of some attack techniques: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Basic_Attack_Maneuvers

Now, I approve of you defending your opinion and standing your ground. You just have to make sure your ground is well founded! : D Also, as a townie (I always speak from a townie mindset, if you want to know about scum mindset, just think 'I have to fake being a townie' so it's ok :D ), you should always re-evaluate yourself. I mean, not always where you are like "maybe... no... yes, well... kinda". I think you can see how I was attacked by Zen with my early reads. D: < When I say re-evaluation, I say that you shouldn't be THAT stuck to a scumread because sometimes really scummy people actually turn out to be town, sadly. You'll experience it.

Now, I think you should have followed up a bit more with your Kary suspicion. You were a bit too focused on me, but it's understood on why. IF you like focusing on one person at a time, then make sure you are right. : P (or at least have legit backing for it)

Another thing I noticed. You were kind of absent D2. This made you seem like scum to people, thinking that you were caught red handed. Never give up! Even if your strongest scumread flips town, you still have to find scum! Keep going. Scum will use that lynch against you, it is inevitable. But you have to be ready to fight their attacks and find them.
Anyways, I liked your effort in the beggining. Keep playing dude, look forward to seeing ya. : P

Shottymaster: Hehe, I had a slight town read on you, just because you seemed like a weak townie who was dis-interested in the game and was like WAAAH but then your opportunistic reaction to my stance on you was what garnered my scumread on you.

Kary: I could understand you were scum AFTER you tried to push a case on me after Zen voted me. I could also see you were trying to get the ball rolling as newb scum because that's how I played in my newb (as scum). : P I paired you with a different faction of scum somehow... Lol you wagonned scum dude. Nice. : P (as scum)

Zen: Zen zen zenny zenzenhen. Next time, can we just be friends in a newb or whereever? Honestly if you really thought I was scum you prolly only thought that from my responses to your early questions, but I don't see why you would expect me to have such strong stances when I was just getting into the damn game :LKfjafa :mad:. That made me think you might have been scum but after seeing your play I could tell you were town either trying to:

Wagon me for info
Lynch me for info
Lynch me for town cred
Lynch me cuz you were really just conflicted

Why? Because you said it was too early of me to have reads. Most were null, but I had reasons didn't I??

I also said I was busy with school finals, so I gave my input so people had something to go off of. That was me trying to help town in some way. If anyone thought that was intentional or giving up, it was NOTTTT!!!! :mad::mad:

Also that Kuz. I let him vote me. AND HE WAS SCUM. :mad: Damn you Kuz.

Anyways we deff need to talk about this in more detail on Skype. Get at me!

Orbo: You did well dude. I think you really invested into the game more than I have seen you ever do. It's too bad you got lynched due to Zen's actions towards me. : P

J: I lol'd at you calling me 'coocoo town" or something after my death. Anyways I didn't have a read on you because I was dead by that time and we already knew who scum was. I would have liked to have tried.

Kuz: Damn you. :mad::mad::mad:

Ranmaru: This guy so town. How he get lynched? Lol dumtown

Serin/Kuz/GLG/Aleate: Sorry bros, but you have to play to get a shoutout. Ohhh sick burns! (jk you guys are alright, but didn't really have an impact on this game)

I do like how I correctly guessed Serin for being... mafia... but I think I called him as ice mafia. See Zen that's why I asked you! <3

Anyways. My mistakes in this game were to be the real me. I shouldn't have brought out all those reads, because it seems people found me suspicious for my shotty read, and not answering cases? I guess. I guess I also was lynched because I wasn't for lynching vynil. Wasn't gonna, ever never never. I don't vote my town reads unless I discover I was wrong. xP

How can I improve on this? I can not force myself onto newbies in the future. (This is hard for me tho lol) I approve of sitting back and letting newbies play it out, but yet somehow I attract attention to myself and then I can't do that xD (looks at Kary).

What was I proud of? Not much really. I got myself lynched d1, pretty bad. I assume Zen was just using me as information and not really as a scumread, because I'm sure he knew my reads weren't really bull****. But you shouldn't ever get yourself lynched like me. I should try to look more townie in the future.

But I am glad I spoke my voice and stood my ground, I would want everyone to voice themselves and not get bullied (ex: Vinyl) into what others want. I think this is what newbs should work on, because scum usually win because newbs don't stand their ground as much.
Like I said. I was very busy with school so instead of answering BIG cases, I gave out a full list of reads so people had something to go off. It seemed people thought this as the determining factor for my lynch?

@JTB: Good modding man! Thanks for letting me in. And btw, I never gave up. Ever. Me saying I'd rather die than let Vynil die? Is just me whiteknighting my town read. Not giving up. I was trying to not get lynched, but Zen wouldn't let me have that. : [

Now I was busy so if people lynched me because they thought I wasn't getting active cuz of LOLSCUM then, I don't know what to say.

I guess me hard defending my town reads here was weird to newbs, but like I said, I like to show newbs how people really play. This is how I really play, cept the full reads list thing, but you get my gist.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It doesn't even make sense as an attack. How does the fact JD attacking the same person as Kary in any way imply he's scum? Townies attack other townies all the time. Because a scum person also attacked the same townie means all the town who are wrong were "working with the scummy" lol?
Yes, but from my point of view, if JD was in fact scum, then it makes sense for him to drop RVS distancing with Kary in order to work towards a Ran lynch with Kary.

It's grasping, but it makes sense. I said it as an attempt paint the image of JD scum with Kary, not necessarily an attack at JD himself for scummy behavior.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
MFW: I realize Ran didn't give me a shoutout DX

EDIT: and he stole my inactive sick burns line too! That dastard lol

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LOL...

Dude I'm sorry. I copied your shout outs. It's your fault for not giving yourself a shout out bro.

Here, for you, a letter!

Dear Jdietz.

I'm sorry I haven't given you a shoutout. Since I copied your shoutout post, since I was lazy, I claim fault on none other than you. Thx you can help bro. Anyways, you played well this game. I thought your vote on me was a bit opportunistic, and a bit sheepy. But I can understand if you just agreed with Zen's case on me and went from there. Maybe next time if you agree with a case/player, you should point that out and not just vote along because it just fit you into my scumreads lol.

You did well in endgame, and whoo hoo town win! That is something I like to see. You can now play in other games now... Even tho you are in other games. WTF JD.

Now then. For my mistake, I will offer you a hydra name (with me of course)

It is called: Evil joker assassin Scott Pilgrim Sr

Love ~ Me

Yeaaaaa. :cool:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like this letter lol.

In the end I voted you because I couldn't get over what seemed like an entirely faked town read on Shotty... who hadn't posted yet. Still don't know how that one slipped by ya lol. Voting you first from RVS was legit, staying there was due to Zen's push, finishing off the lynch with you as the choice was due to the above with the Shotty read.

And I can't help it! Gorf keeps asking me to replace in his games even though his was the one I outed from D:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry Vinyl, not with that activity level. You have to do things with your reads for them to truly matter, hopefully you'll do better at the second part next time around. (and JTB already said no MVP)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
'Tis ok. We all want a piece of MVP glory lol, but considering we got 3 scum handed to us on a platter it's really not justified to give any of us it DX

We get some small props for fingering Bardull for the overall win tho :p

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo - You played fine, but I was kind of at odds with your behavior regarding myself and Anomandaris since we had scum reads on you. Did you have town reads on both of us?
Rake was a town read. I became more null on you as you kept posting. I responded yo you guy's allegations as best I could ocnsidering you attacked me for what zen did.
Orbo: You did well dude. I think you really invested into the game more than I have seen you ever do. It's too bad you got lynched due to Zen's actions towards me. : P
Thanks. I got freed up from school so I had a lot more time to actually sit down and play. I got lynched from scum pushing my wagon and ori flipflopping the hell out of anyone who attacked him. >.>
No MvP for this comment. Not the prettiest use of language and mental imagery, my friend.
WHY

Top Bottom