• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 17 - Breaking Bad Mafia! Game over! Who won?

Axel

J|Zεη
You know what I actually am for lynching right now if everyone else is down for it. I mean if we have scum, the best thing to do is lynch them rather than drag things out and give them a chance to escape/create anti-town content. It's generally a good thing to use as much time in the day as you can to get all the info you can, but sometimes it's best to just lynch as well, especially when you have such apparent scum that no other wagons will really build. Who knows when Kuz will be back and I'm pretty sure he will agree with the main consensus regardless of his alignment.

btw we are not having Ranmaru claim. There is one doctor and everyone else is vanilla town. So as scum about to be lynched, it would be in Ran's best interest for his scum team for him to claim being the doctor. This way he could get a doctor counter claim, outing the doc before he dies. So even if he claims doctor, no body should counter claim.

Axel

J|Zεη
I don't know if Vinyl. would really be this obvious or if he is actually a super genius and attempting to make a connection with a townie, but I'm pretty sure Serin is his scum buddy... I mean come on...

Take note of how he randomly voted him earlier. Why did he choose him? It's as if he was doing it just to distance himself. And now he is asking me specifically about my Serin read out of no where.

I don't think Vinyl. and Ran are on the same scum team, I think they may legitimately think the other to be town, but they are both on opposite scum teams. I don't know who Ran's partner is. Perhaps Shotty or Sailor Moon.

Why is Ran suddenly changing his read on Shotty? I speculate it's to distance himself from him before he dies...

Anyways.

Vote: Ranmaru

I'm down for ending this. If any of the above speculation is true, then lol this will be the fastest newbie game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I obviously am and have been for this.

(vote is already on Ran)

I won't directly agree or disagree with any of the proposed connections you're putting out there, but I have my own hunches I'm willing to pursue come tomorrow.

VitaminC

Smash Rookie
I... I'll let someone else comment on that. I don't know what to think, but I have my suspicions. Anyways, my vote is on Ran already. We'll see how this ends, if it even goes through.

@Mod: Request Vote Count

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't know if Vinyl. would really be this obvious or if he is actually a super genius and attempting to make a connection with a townie, but I'm pretty sure Serin is his scum buddy... I mean come on...

Take note of how he randomly voted him earlier. Why did he choose him? It's as if he was doing it just to distance himself. And now he is asking me specifically about my Serin read out of no where.
I voted serin to pressure him so he can post again, not to go in the distance.
I only asked that question because you randomly consider him as lynchable.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Vitamin: Yes, Vynil is still town town town.

I got home from class. Will be giving responses.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
@lemon: I don't like the joke you made in 190. I do comprehend that yes, it is indeed a joke, and I don't have a problem with jokes in general in mafia, but whenever someone makes a joke regarding their own alignment in mafia games it raises white flags for me. I know you're probably going to say things like lol you dumb for this, but it's just one of those things I've picked up on and I've learned to make note of whenever I play games. It's the reason why I have you as more of a lean and not a "needs to go down today" spot.

1. Picks for lynches, after Ran: Vinyl, then GLG. I'm not convinced by either of their recent posts. I don't really think anyone's worthy of a lynch yet (would settle for Ran), but then there are some questions that need to be answered.
However, I'm viewing this post more as a post made for public view other than actual thought. When you made this post, we were pretty deep into the day phase, and it's okay to have some hesitance, but when we have a player who is widely viewed as scum by a decent number of players in the game(not so much based off of votes but of posts given with reads) then I think it's a good idea to lynch said player. Granted yes, we might be wrong, but it's better that we make the lynch today instead of no lynch today and make the lynch we probably would have made a day phase later and just waste a day.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Unvote

This is complete bull****.

We do not lynch right now.

Zen says it's time to lynch and everyone just rolls over? What's that all about?

Zen: stop reaching, stop rushing, stop trying to lead everyone by the nose.
JDietz: we all get it that you want ranmaru lynched, and it might happen so sit tight.
Vinyl: where's your backbone gone? I thought you said Ran was town?
VitaminC: are you just giving up or what? do you seriously think this helps town as a whole?

Are you that afraid of Ran that you've got to lynch him right now? What's he going to do? Just ignore him if you have to!

Why the hell don't we a) wait for Kuz/his replacement b) do some re-reads. c) put some cards on the table and actually make reads on someone that isn't Ran/Vinyl. d) answer one another's questions. e) actually make a case against Ran f) actually make a case for Vinyl g) consider whether or not we really think that BOTH Ran and Vinyl are scum. h) play some damn mafia.

and IF we're no wiser in say, 48 hours, then by all means we can still lynch Ran.

I cannot see how lynching now does anything at all for town as a whole.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
J has been contacted as a replacement.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FoS: Shottymaster

...Would you like to elaborate on your feelings? You're putting him at L-2 with a little more than a week until the deadline, and when he's going to be inactive for a while, too. I'm not sure this is a very towny thing to do. Even if he's not in immediate danger at the moment, it's still a suspicious move.
This makes me feel Vitamin ins't scum with Shotty of course. I don't see why he hasn't pushed this any farther either. Also consider how JD hasn't pushed his FOS on Kary much either. Find this scummy.

@Shottymaster: Do you have a strong scum read on Ranmaru, and are you ready to lynch him on that basis?

Secondly, are we all agreed that it is too early in the day to lynch someone, and that we need to spend more time getting reads/input from people before we end the first day?
I'm more than happy to agree a lynch on someone, but we need to more than just find one obvious scum.

Unvote: Ranmaru
Last thing I want is a quicklynch
Notice here how Kary doesn't address Shotty's actions. Instead he is just advising him, and asking him if he was serious about me. Of course he was. He has already given suspicion towards me before, so why ask if it was strong? I didn't see the benefit of him asking this, and it seems fake to me.

So, without me posting much at all you go from jumping on a bandwagon to vote against me to saying that I would be the last person to lynch?

"My meaning behind the statement is that active towns are better than lurky towns. It doesn't mean scum can't be active, it's just harder for scum to BE active and seem town, which is why it's better to be active to find scum.

Yes, I trust active players more than lurkers. Do you trust active players less?"

I have been one of the less active players, so by what you said here I shouldn't be trusted, right? Each time I go back and look at your posts I'm just convinced more and more that you're scum.

Even if this is just your playstyle, it makes you seems rather suspicious.
It seems he thought I really wanted to lynch him. But he forgets that I have said earlier on, that he was clueless town, WHILE I was voting him. So I don't see how he got that idea.

I feel he was trying to use that against me to FORCE a suspicion onto me. This was when my read changed, Zen. Obviously Vynil has not been opportunistic at all. He was being bullied into voting me, and he's still town.

Vinyl I don't think you got my point. I was asking where he had an opinion like this. If he has not, then I'm not sure what your Serin paragraph amounted to.

You realize you're the next on the scum list on a Ran scum flip correct? Especially if Vitamin is proven town down the road.

See JD trying to bully Vynil into voting me. Not cool. They are just finding him as a suspect for disagreeing with the consensus, and that isn't how a town should work. They should encourage differing opinions, because we can't find scum by just going in ONE direction and not looking at other avenues.

Kary, I didn't think much of it until now, but why did you choose to bandwagon against me in the beginning, especially since I hadn't even posted anything yet? You said you were just testing the waters to see if people would do it, but I'm not really buying it. Trying to get people on someone else that early with literally no reason seems scummy.
Underlined, this shows that Shotty forgot to fake a suspicion torwards Kary. This seems odd to me. Like he had to put that in to make his push on me genuine, because I wasn't the only one 'wagoning' him. Shotty hasn't even spoken about Kary ever again, dunno why.

@Ran: Do you feel comfortable giving out reads on every single player so far this game?

@Vitamin: Please keep being town.
Yes, I do. As I might be lynched, I am trying to be as open as possible so people can look back and be like "Oh HE WAS INNOCENT L0L" and at least look at the dudes pushing my lynch and KILL THEM WITH FIRE. During the day of course. But if the scum want to kill each other at nite, they can be my guest.

@Vinyl:
Shouldn't we be trying to get reads on everyone Day 1?

Why can't we consider him as scum? Why won't you say why his play is clearly town for you?

FoS: Vinyl
I don't understand the FOS here. So he disagreed with the consensus. What was the scum motivation here, gais?

@Ori_bro: I thought I was leaning town for you? What changed? I'm all for taking questions, and I'm here now- but lynched? When you said 'all could change' I was assuming that would be based on my actions....?
Seems Kary was butthurt to hear that if he had innocent blood on his hands that he would be suspected. Of course he would. Kary and Vitamin would be the prime suspects.

This was very suspicious from him. It's like he doesn't want people to suspect him, and lashes out at them when they say that they would look at him afterwards.

You tell me to watch out, but you don't list me as one of the scummiest? Were you just going to have me night killed then?
This is very scummy. Why would you ask someone if they would night kill you when you haven't even felt them up or even had a read? It's like anyone who attacks you is scum. Jeez. Also only scum would ask this question because it can frame a townie into saying something suspicious. I want everyone to remember this for D2.

The person I'm most suspicious of is Ran (of course). Ran says it's just his play style, asking tons of questions and jumping around but his opinions seem too solidly formulated based on such limited information. For example, his list of reads on everyone seemed too certain for the time frame in which he had to formulate opinions. Additionally, (this is just gut instinct, no real evidence here), I just get the feeling that he just shouldn't be trusted. He feels like he just has too much to hide.

@@Everyone:
1. Like the others have already said, Vinyl seems too close to Ran so he'd be my second choice. Given the fact that nobody has been killed yet, I think it's just too early to be forming actual trust.

2, 3. We should really try to drum up some activity from the inactives. If they're not responding to anything then we'd never know if they're mafia or not until we lynch them, and there's a pretty good chance that they aren't mafia based on the numbers alone. 66% chance to kill a townie with literally zero evidence indicating their alignment? No lynch yet. We have several more days until the end of D1, we shouldn't make a lynch decision yet. I have no reason to believe these people are scum at this point, so I'm just going to have to say null.
I wonder why Shotty hasn't even mentioned Kary.

@Shotty: Tell me where you got the feeling that I shouldn't be trusted and why.

Furthermore your read of me is complete BS. You are trying to connect me to Kary who hasn't even flipped yet based on him not asking me to join the shotty wagon, when the only reason he asked you was because he was responding to your #61. So yeah that point is garb.
At the time I felt he was ignoring you for ...shady reasons... but with his random scum read on you I felt it wasn't the case anymore.

Kary is scum with Shotty tho. (Kary doesn't even want to answer questions relating his wafflyness of his shotty read)
Vitamin with JD.

GG's.

Screens or it didn't happen.

I'm going to pull a line from Ryker here...
"Die in a fire"
You had plenty of time to answer questions while you were here, and failed to do so.
That is a lie. I did not have the time. Now I did.

I said I had a big test. I have IRL to deal with, so it's not fair that you would just say that I did have the time. I'm trying my best here to deliver some content before the deadline so shut it (I had a final exam today so thanks). I was asking simple questions so I could at least help the town in some way while I was at the comp for 15 minutes. You saying I am trying to confuse the town is a big misrepresentation mang.

Again. I have IRL. Don't you?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen: I have a null on Sailor moon. All I remember is a OK for my lynch due to information. That doesn't do anything. And other stuff... fluffiness.

Axel

J|Zεη
Unvote

Zen says it's time to lynch and everyone just rolls over? What's that all about?

JDietz: we all get it that you want ranmaru lynched, and it might happen so sit tight.
VitaminC: are you just giving up or what? do you seriously think this helps town as a whole?

Are you that afraid of Ran that you've got to lynch him right now? What's he going to do? Just ignore him if you have to!

Why the hell don't we a) wait for Kuz/his replacement b) do some re-reads. c) put some cards on the table and actually make reads on someone that isn't Ran/Vinyl. d) answer one another's questions. e) actually make a case against Ran f) actually make a case for Vinyl g) consider whether or not we really think that BOTH Ran and Vinyl are scum. h) play some damn mafia.

and IF we're no wiser in say, 48 hours, then by all means we can still lynch Ran.

Why did you unvote? Continue with the day if you wish. We can definitely end it now though. Draging out the day is not necessarily protown.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@GLG: So, you're onto me because- I was joking about seeming scum, and because...

No, wait a minute. You're suspicious of me because I'm not ready to give up and vote Ran just yet? I'm not hesitating, I'm trying to get reads off of lurkers like you, in the hopes that we might win this game. So tell me, is that all you've got? That i'm invested in the game?

Why are you so content to just go with what everyone else is saying, even if it might be wrong? And why does my post lack 'actual thought'?

:006:

Axel

J|Zεη
I love that you're thinking for yourself Lemi. But having the same opinion as someone doesn't mean you don't have a mind of your own. I don't think they are following me though as they already were prepared to lynch Ran. The only one who changed was Vinyl. And it's difficult to get reads on other people when they don't have the threat of being lynched. Everyone finds Ranmaru to be blatantly scummy and there isn't going to be much productivity by dragging out the day. Furthermore Kuz/anyone who is having trouble keeping up can catch up during the night eh.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
No, wait a minute. You're suspicious of me because I'm not ready to give up and vote Ran just yet? I'm not hesitating, I'm trying to get reads off of lurkers like you, in the hopes that we might win this game. So tell me, is that all you've got? That i'm invested in the game?
:006:
loooooooooooooool, it's almost as if you're against lurkers while defending serin?

What the hell?

Unvote
Vote: Kary

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Haha, not surprised at all. So Vinyl, what's Serin done wrong, other than lurk? And where exactly do I defend him? I call bull****! Why are you hating on Serin so much, anyways. It's like you picked someone at random from the guys that looked suspicious and now can't shut up about them!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Haha, not surprised at all. So Vinyl, what's Serin done wrong, other than lurk? And where exactly do I defend him? I call bull****! Why are you hating on Serin so much, anyways. It's like you picked someone at random from the guys that looked suspicious and now can't shut up about them!
Green text: Serin has done nothing wrong but lurk. I only voted him so he can respond.

Red text: I never showed any hate on serin. If you think I'm wrong, quote the post where you think I hate him.

Bold: Proof, pl0x.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Vinyl, ok so maybe 'hating' is a strong word. But I did find it odd, that:

You vote for him and make a case for why you did it, then ignore your case once he appears and claim you were just prodding him.
Then you ask, kind of out of the blue (#313), what people think of him.
Then when you find out Zen wouldn't mind lynching him, you jump on that (#345)
And just now you call me out for defending Serin.... pretty sure I never did that.

So, why is Serin the only thing you talk about recently?

Oh, and... where do I defend Serin? Isn't that the important part? Isn't that why you're voting for me?

Green text: Serin has done nothing wrong but lurk. I only voted him so he can respond.

Red text: I never showed any hate on serin. If you think I'm wrong, quote the post where you think I hate him.

Bold: Proof, pl0x.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
* obviously i did not mean to leave the quotes of me and vinyl in.

Oh, and i've realised you want proof that you just picked someone at random from the suspicious people. Well, I can't prove it. But several of the lurkers did seem kind of suspicious, right? How did you choose Serin? You never answered that question, did you?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
J has been contacted as a replacement.

:phone:
I lol'd...

That is a lie. I did not have the time. Now I did.

I said I had a big test. I have IRL to deal with, so it's not fair that you would just say that I did have the time. I'm trying my best here to deliver some content before the deadline so shut it (I had a final exam today so thanks). I was asking simple questions so I could at least help the town in some way while I was at the comp for 15 minutes. You saying I am trying to confuse the town is a big misrepresentation mang.

Again. I have IRL. Don't you?
I'm talking about all the times you responded to things in thread while ignoring the blatant questions at hand before you went V/LA. AKA ignoring people asking you to back up reads wrt Vinyl and Shotty. I don't mind you having a test, but I'm not going to absolve you for it, nor ignore the things you consciously didn't address before you left. No johns Ran.

Vote: Kary
I was going to wait and fry this goose toMorrow, but since everyone's finally game to discuss now works too :p

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
As in... why, of all the lurkers you could have voted for, to get them talking... did you pick Serin? As you were asked 3 times!
Now do you want to answer the damn question and show me were I defend Serin? Or just admit your vote on me is not based on that at all?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm coming up with one as we type.
(fyi... this is one of those times where you want to be careful with your wording Vinyl. Saying "I'm coming up with one as we type" sounds like you're currently in the process of making a reason up, not typing up a reason you had)

@JDietz, I assume you're being sarcastic when you say 'discuss'? because i've not seen a lot of that just yet. Just a lot of sheeping.
Stop having a meltdown, this is what you wanted. It's going to be a discussion because you have a sticky case. Something I was hoping I could clear up by getting a flip before tackling.

Axel

J|Zεη
Unvote

Totally in panic over lynching your scumbuddy. Did you answer me for why you unvoted?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kary, there's no way any regular townie is this upset about a lynch going through on someone they claim to have a scum-read on. No one in their right mind is going to attempt to deny town that this hard.

Sure, you claim to have been wanting reads: but there's a point in every game and day where the reads start to run dry, and people start to slack off. We were well at that point, but you were determined to take that extra step against a lynch to promote activity, and not necessarily for town's benefit. Your play has been erratic the closer we got to this point.

I'd much rather have had a flip to work off of on making this case (specifically Ran's): but I'll take a Kary lynch if not a Ran.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Zen: That is quite a reach. Ran and I? That's some serious distancing, and now he's bussing me asap?
And I unvoted from voting Vinyl like you asked me to because I didn't want to come back tomorrow and find someone lynched.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Do we have to lynch Ran, rather than Vinyl?
At the end of the day, I don't care that much. I just don't like the way the decision was made.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even as town: there's no way we can let you hang around like this disrupting lynches Kary. For the same reason Vinyl would be up for grabs any given day even if Ran flipped town.

It's not that hard to imagine: after all, you were the one asking him to follow you to the Shotty wagon early D1.

No: it's going to end up being either Ran or You. Take your pick.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You vote for him and make a case for why you did it, then ignore your case once he appears and claim you were just prodding him.
Serin hasn't been active in the past mafia game he's been at.
So I voted him so he get can respond. Since it is clearly one way of getting him here.

Then you ask, kind of out of the blue (#313), what people think of him.
Then when you find out Zen wouldn't mind lynching him, you jump on that (#345)
[COLLAPSE="About 313"]

So liek, I took a look at dis.

Willing to lynch Ranmaru or Vinyl.
Could see lynching Sailor moon or Serin as well.
This was a response to axel.

What do you think of serin?
But then I was like, "wow, why did I just ask that when he would obviously say he's scum."
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="About 345"]So I continued reading until I see this in bold.

What makes me think that Shotty's trying to help is that while he hasn't posted a lot.
Quickly reminded to ask axel the question in a different way.

Wait.

Zen, why did you think serin is fine for lynch, iyo?
[/COLLAPSE]

So, why is Serin the only thing you talk about recently?
Oh, and... where do I defend Serin? Isn't that the important part? Isn't that why you're voting for me?
Oooooohhhhhh.

My bad, it's shotty, not serin.

Confused the names. :dizzy:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well ****ing Vote: Ranmaru

I really need some sleep!!!!
Wow man I thought you said we needed to discuss reads and even wait for the replacement?

What made you change your mind? Was it your imminent lynch?

Also you did defend Shotty.

Top Bottom