• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 15 - Betty Crocker Mafia - Game Over!

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll pester Gova for you guys.

Man that spreadsheet is thorough. If you have the motivation to keep up with things like this, I ensure you that it will prove itself useful. Especially in larger games. Embarrassingly I stopped keeping a spreadsheet for this game halfway through D1 and just did short notepad things instead.

I also happen to know who the final scum is here, though I dunno if I should tell you guys :smirk:.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Waiting for the flip ...
?!?

:059:
like I mean, I don't see why you'd ever ask that it only massively incriminates you. If I replaced one of the others I'd have voted you almost immediately purely for that post. As your alignment asking this is just sloppy play imo,

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
like I mean, I don't see why you'd ever ask that it only massively incriminates you. If I replaced one of the others I'd have voted you almost immediately purely for that post. As your alignment asking this is just sloppy play imo,
Cool story, bro.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
But... the game is over. What would be the point in voting him?

:phone:

X1-12

Smash Champion
I know its over now, but he made that post during the game and I want to know why. No townie would ever need to know that so posting it doesn't seem like a smart idea when the only benefit is it might coax AA into voting Tery but also looks really damn scummy.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
I know its over now, but he made that post during the game and I want to know why. No townie would ever need to know that so posting it doesn't seem like a smart idea when the only benefit is it might coax AA into voting Tery but also looks really damn scummy.
Oh lol, nvm, I didn't realize you were referring to a question a while back.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I'll put the flip up when I get to it. If you can't tell who the final scum is just by all the implications going on in this thread then I don't know what to tell you. Oh wait... don't join games if you don't care about them.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh by the way John, I'd be careful crumbing your role in an open set-up like you did. I'm not sure if scum picked up on it, but I know I did :p

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Cuz I appreciate my legal right to voice my opinion, as granted in the Bill of Rights.

My thought process in coming to that conclusion came when you stated that every single player slot doesn't care about games, which in this case, is referring to Mafia. Of course, that is using a poor argumentative tool in inductive reasoning, a.k.a making generalizations, and I was able to draw the conclusion that YOU don't care about the games you join, which is a very selfish thing considering the fact that people usually join the games here to have fun, and have a good time with people who they know are here to have a good time, which raises the question again, why do you even play mafia if you... apparently... don't like it? I italisize apparently because that is an assumption I'm making, and one that can be wrong, and I'm allowing you the freedom to discredit said assumption.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I was referring to every player slot in that they all (that would be including me) were so very completely apathetic the entire game. Sold "forgetting he was alive", Asianaussie "forgetting about the game", and the general inactivity of the game gives the impression that apparently people don't care about the game. So I have absolutely zero idea where you base these assumptions like that off of, but I don't think I'll ever understand something so mindless.

Lol wrecked

Tery drop the 'tude.

#HBC | Gorf

So... you didn't care. Okay, that heeds the question of why you play mafia if you have no care for it? People say that they don't care about mafia, or don't like mafia, and they know it's BS because they love playing the game and come back due to their enjoying of the game. YOU have clearly stated that you do NOT care about the game, so why do you play a game that you don't care about? I'm just curious as to why somebody would do that to themselves is all *shrug*

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Xonar wins this one.

These are fights? :confused:

So... you didn't care. Okay, that heeds the question of why you play mafia if you have no care for it? People say that they don't care about mafia, or don't like mafia, and they know it's BS because they love playing the game and come back due to their enjoying of the game. YOU have clearly stated that you do NOT care about the game, so why do you play a game that you don't care about? I'm just curious as to why somebody would do that to themselves is all *shrug*

As I've said, it's mindless considering that you're insinuating that I dislike Mafia as a general concept(s) because of what happened during this one game where everyone (that means, not just Terywj [태리]) was in a very "I don't care" mood. You're making assumptions based on one of my response to Gova which had legitimate evidence to support the response.

#HBC | Gorf

It's still pretty damn disrespectful to spite the moderater of the game because you have evidence that you think can back up your argument. If one person (which btw it was def more than one person), John cared, especially enough to keep a damn spreadsheet of the game. Why bother make the comment in the first place?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
wow guys calm down

i forgot about the game because i was on a freaking family vacation to places i have never been and probably will never go again (and the most internet i got was starbucks wi-fi)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I was referring to every player slot in that they all (that would be including me) were so very completely apathetic the entire game. Sold "forgetting he was alive", Asianaussie "forgetting about the game", and the general inactivity of the game gives the impression that apparently people don't care about the game. So I have absolutely zero idea where you base these assumptions like that off of, but I don't think I'll ever understand something so mindless.

I cared, I was just killed first lol. I actually checked this thread everyday to see how everyone was playing lol.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright. Calm Down guys. :(

I had fun playing this game. Keeping a spreadsheet helped me to keep my thoughts clear, and I plan on doing that in future games. :)

I'll do full shoutouts when Gova posts flips.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Cuz I appreciate my legal right to voice my opinion, as granted in the Bill of Rights.
I just have to step in and say that this doesn't apply on the internet. Not that I'm going to stop you or anything, I don't particularly care about this discussion one way or the other.

A huge problem I had with this game was that I didn't have any real town reads coming into the final two days. That made it really difficult for me to judge anybody's alignment. It just happens sometimes I guess.

#HBC | Gorf

I'll youtube my responses to Tery from now on. That way y'all get to see my beautiful face, and technically it'll be "voicing", since that's probz what you mean you goof. And if it's not what you mean, please explain because my cu-

(literal stop in pausing cuz I realized this)

It's a worldwide website...

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I blame Stew.

[11/26/2011 12:22:47 PM] Sworddancer: so uh
[11/26/2011 12:22:59 PM] Sworddancer: S2's the tracker, huh?
[11/26/2011 12:23:16 PM] Gova: yea
[11/26/2011 12:23:40 PM] Sworddancer: right-o
[11/26/2011 12:23:43 PM] Sworddancer: um
[11/26/2011 12:23:48 PM] Sworddancer: has Tery been playing like
[11/26/2011 12:23:51 PM] Sworddancer: lazy?
[11/26/2011 12:23:57 PM] Sworddancer: or has he been trying?
[11/26/2011 12:24:34 PM] Gova: he always plays lazy
[11/26/2011 12:24:40 PM] Sworddancer: yeah
[11/26/2011 12:24:42 PM] Sworddancer: so then
[11/26/2011 12:24:48 PM] Sworddancer: probably
[11/26/2011 12:24:49 PM] Sworddancer: AA
[11/26/2011 12:24:51 PM] Sworddancer: or Gheb
[11/26/2011 12:24:58 PM] Sworddancer: hmmm
[11/26/2011 12:25:47 PM] Sworddancer: thing is with Gheb is that I just remember he pushed Ori scum forever despite the fact that I thought that he wasobvious town the entire time
[11/26/2011 12:26:01 PM] Sworddancer: plus he jumped off the wagon like, last minute
[11/26/2011 12:26:18 PM] Sworddancer: I have tro reread, but just the timing itself is pretty iffy
[11/26/2011 12:26:39 PM] Sworddancer: and then Gheb said that AA made a weak case against Marathonman?
[11/26/2011 12:26:57 PM] Sworddancer: well. I have to read it
[11/26/2011 12:27:06 PM] Sworddancer: but I guess that could be a newbie scum bus
[11/26/2011 12:27:07 PM] Sworddancer: but eh
[11/26/2011 12:27:12 PM] Sworddancer: just on general principle
[11/26/2011 12:27:30 PM] Sworddancer: newbie scum is usually more concerned with just flat out ignoring each other

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I blame Stew.
Realistically I should've just shut everyone else's opinions out and stuck with my thought on Gheb scum w/ Marathonmann but I was too lazy and too convinced I was gonna die that I never got around to making a real case on him. It would've been a headache to say the least, I hate reading Europeans.

So yeah it sorta is my fault.

Top Bottom