• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New WTF character Happy mask salesman.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord

Bio taken from wikipedia: The bizarre man known as the Happy Mask Salesman first appeared in Ocarina of Time, offering to let Link work for him as a Happy Mask Salesman. After selling all the masks, Link receives the Mask of Truth, allowing him to understand what the Gossip Stones say.

In Majora's Mask, the Happy Mask Salesman played a major role, as it was his mask, dubbed Majora's Mask, that the Skull Kid had stolen and was planning to use to destroy Termina. Asking the transformed Link for help and returning him to his original form, he teaches the hero the Song of Healing, one of the songs used several times throughout the game. When Link finally returns the mask to him, he simply vanishes. The Happy Mask Salesman is best known for his volatile temper, his wacky theme tune (which is in fact a remix of the Song of Healing) and his ability to change position without moving ie. without occupying any intervening frames. In a particular scene, the Happy Mask Salesman plays on a massive organ that appears seemingly out of nowhere. This organ is used to teach Link (still in his Deku Scrub form) the Song of Healing. This scene is considered by many fans to be one of the more comical scenes in the Zelda series. It is interesting to note that in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, walking behind the Happy Mask Salesman reveals masks resembling the faces of Mario, Darth Maul, the face on the Mirror Shield, and a sad Elvis Presley on his large backpack, which can also be seen in his artwork.

His most recent appearance was in Oracle of Ages. He owns a shop on the outskirts of Labrynna Town, and is very hungry, and will give the player a Mask in exchange for something to eat.

His origins are unknown, as he may either be from Hyrule or the parallel universe Termina, and it is never established which. A theory is that he, a supposed Ocarina of Time character, does not have a Termina double. He was introduced in Ocarina of Time when he gives you the Keaton mask from his shop in Hyrule, but he also knows how to travel from Hyrule to Termina, which could mean that he is native to either land, or possibly somewhere else.

Near the end of Majora's Mask, Link travels to the moon and meets kids who resemble the mask salesman. One of them even hints that all of them are destined to become mask salesmen. This adds many questions to the origin of the Mask Salesman. The Mask Salesman, knowing of the apocalyptic nature of the Majora's Mask, hints that he has experienced it firsthand. Further with this evidence is if the Moon falls, it will show you with The Mask Salesman, and he will say, "You have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" Given this shows hints of a type of immortality, or an ability to reset things to the way they were, as perhaps he has had to do this before, or deal with Majora himself. Some fans have speculated that he represents the series creator Shigeru Miyamoto, due to his eccentricity and his similar appearance.

It should also be noted that there is a masked salesman in The Wind Waker, but he's not happy.

I think this guy may have a chance . (a small chance but a chance) I think this guy would be a perfect WTF character because no one would expect him. He has also been a recuring character so that increases his chances slightly.

His moveset will have to do with masks and his mood.

For example his B would be change his mood and that would change his A attacks to suit his mood. Like if he is angry he will have boosted power and lower speed and his side B would be he throws a mask.

Mestro

Smash Journeyman
We already have that character in smash bros, see the Mario mask? well, he use it and then he transform into Mario ;), but seriously he will be a perfect WTF char

D

Deleted member

Sure.

But I saw him as more of a seller of the items you might collect (like trophies). Yeah, that would be cool.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
in Super smash bros. they made up the falcon punch and his other moves because he had no moves in his games the reason it was in the anime was because the anime came out after Super smash bros. so what I'm saying is they could make up some moves for the happy mask salesman the same way they did for the captain.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I would love to see the happy mask salesman in brawl, but not over skull kid.
It would be wierd to have a character from majoras mask that never does much over
skull kid. imo

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
What if they both got in and they where separated from the other Zelda characters by their icon which would be majoras mask.
I would be fine with that, there could only be a few characters under that icon though...

Young link-- (which has a questionable return)
goron,deku,and zora link.-- sorta doubt them being seperate PC, Wolf link is more realistic.
Tingle-- probaly be wind waker rep or from a more current game...
Fierce diety link-- I could see him making it
Skull kid-- I think has the highest chances
H Mask S. -- I don't think we will see him, but is very awesome thought.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
nice idea....

if he doesn't make it as a playable character, he could be the guy that you buy trophys from. that would be TIGHT!!

Back on topic...
He'd be the most awesome character. Ever.
agreed. he is a WTF Character, and it makes perfect sense.

I seen him use falcon punch in his anime tv series.
Dude, you're not listening to what he's saying!
he said in the game, not the anime!

Which, by the way, might have been the most entertaining 15 seconds of my life.
Lovely.....
:D

Oh, and wakerofthewinds, can you make me a cool sig? like, i want it to have Yoshi on their, throwing an egg, and it exploding, and my user name comes out. a blue yoshi would be nice, and for the background, if you can do it, i want final destination. Thanks.... :D

Knuder967

Smash Rookie
Kinda off topic but since we are in kind of a majora's mask theme don't you think maybe zora link could make it into SSBB. I mean there are already 4 (5 counting shiek) zelda characters most with questionable returns. Plus if you think about it zora link has a good move set if you have actually played majora's mask.

Anyway back on topic I think The happy mask salesman could be in SSBB. And his grab could be like when he gets angry at link at the very beginning of the game for the people that have played it.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Kinda off topic but since we are in kind of a majora's mask theme don't you think maybe zora link could make it into SSBB.
Honestly I don't think we should get too excited over ANY OoT, WW, or MM characters being in Brawl. I think they had their shot at getting into Melee and aside from Tingle at Termina Bay, they missed the cut.

I really could only see these characters being in Brawl if there are a ridiculous number of playables in the game.

Knuder967

Smash Rookie
Honestly I don't think we should get too excited over ANY OoT, WW, or MM characters being in Brawl. I think they had their shot at getting into Melee and aside from Tingle at Termina Bay, they missed the cut.

I really could only see these characters being in Brawl if there are a ridiculous number of playables in the game.
You never know there was a significant increase in the amount of players from SSB to SSBM.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Yes.. Just yes... this guy would make the perfect WTF character. As long as he doesn't beep everytime he walks/jumps, I wouldn't mind him. G&W annoys me to death in SSBM... so.. much constant beeping.. x_x

meh.

Smash Rookie
happy!

happy mask guy. definitely wtf. definitely perfect for smash.

his bipolar moods! abrupt anger! sudden happiness! i love it.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
Yes.. Just yes... this guy would make the perfect WTF character. As long as he doesn't beep everytime he walks/jumps, I wouldn't mind him. G&W annoys me to death in SSBM... so.. much constant beeping.. x_x
game & watch was a popular character and very strong, but not the strongest. he did beep, i agree, but i didn't care for him beeping, so i listened to my Ipod. The only bad thing about him, he flys off of the stage at about 145% damage.

I wonder if it's saying swear words that can be heard uncensored in the Japanese version.
LOL

happy mask guy. definitely wtf. definitely perfect for smash.

his bipolar moods! abrupt anger! sudden happiness! i love it.
Yup!

meh.

Smash Rookie
gw

I always thought G&W was strictly for comic relief. No one I know mains him (And I know quite a few smash players).
i know ONE game and watch player and he is amazing. he doesn't main him anymore though.

and it's always fun to beat people with wtf characters.

Scar

#HarveyDent
the 64 to melee character jump was 12 to 25. maybe the pattern will persist into brawl.
I'm not sure if I'd want that or not, though. It's cool to have a game where there's a lot of characters, that's for sure, since basically all of them have their own individual fan base. Especially, apparently, the Happy Mask salesman.

But there's enough memorizing as is what with chaingrab %s and other combos and stuff.

Either way, it'll be awesome, but I'm not sure which I prefer.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Here is the moveset. Every move that requires a mask chooses a random mask with different effects. the effects are mario- fire, Dr. doom- electricity, Darth maul- darkness, Elvis Pressly- Normal, and the face on the mirror shield mask turns the opponent around and deflects projectiles.BTW he doesn't have the giant back pack on.

A attacks

A- punch
AA- Punch punch
AAA- punch punch hits enemy in face with mask

Dash attack- flying headbutt

Strong attacks

Sideways- Kick
Up- swats the air with mask
Down- low kick to enemies knee

Smash attacks

Sideways- strong swatting attack with mask
Down- sweep attack at legs with mask
Up- headbutt attack into air

Grabs

Grab- grabs enemy by neck if enemy is shorter than him he lifts them into the air
A- shakes enemy
Forward throw- back hand with mask
Back throw- tosses them over his head backwards
Down throw- hits them on top of head with mask
Up throw- hits enemy upward with mask

Air attacks

N air- takes mask and spins in air
F air- swipe with mask
B air- turns around in air and swipes with mask
U air- upward swipe with mask
D air- downward swipe with mask

B moves

B- mood swing- changes mood. the three moods are happy (default mood) angry and sad. Happy mood gives him fastest movement and attacks. angry mood gives him highest attack power and sad gives him highest defense. the change of moods is fast and each mood has it's own stance.

B sideways- mask throw- throws a mask

B down- wear mask- puts on mask then gains power he then can take it off by pressing B down he can not use the mask he is wearing for another mask related attack until he takes it off.

B up- mask jump- lunges diagonally with mask held out in front of him

Taunt- looks at crowd and yells an advertisement for his store

Super smash-PAH MEAT!- asks enemy for some food when they give him meat he goes berserk and beats them up.

Tell me if I forgot anything or if you have a suggestion.

Top Bottom