• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New WTF character Happy mask salesman.

Scar

#HarveyDent
It'd be so cool if Nintendo used Smashboards' input to decide which characters to put into Brawl.

I bet they have to an extent.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Current Positions:
Name - Smashboards Score - GameFAQs Score

Top Ten:
1) Sonic the Hedgehog – 89.7% - 86.3%, 4th place
2) King DeDeDe - 82.91% - 69.4, 8th place
3) Diddy Kong - 79.06% - 91.7%, tied for second
4) Lucario - 70.62% - 59.1%; 20th place
5) Ridley - 70.27% - 80.9%, 5th place
6) Ike – 70.23% - 72.6%, 7th place
7) Wolf - 69.61% - 67.7%, 9th place
8) Midna - 67% - 49.2%; 25th place
9) Megaman - 66.87% - 64%. 11th place
10) Captain Olimar – 55.58% - 60.4%, 12th place

11) K. Rool - 55.46% - 54.4%, 17th place
12) Toad - 55.38% - 59.9; 13th place
13) Stafy - 50.18% - 32%; 41st place
14) Geno - 49.28% - 50.5%, 24rd place
14) Isaac - 43.72% - 59.4%, 14th place
15) Hector - 36.27% - 36.1%, 32nd place
16) Waluigi – 29.76% - 39.1%, 31st place
17) Happy Mask Salesman – 4.14% - N/A, N/A
The numbers dont lie...

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
There are plenty much better character ideas to choose. Even Tingle would be a better choice.
Agreed. Tingle is a better candidate.

I wouldn't say Tingle. Happy Mask Man would be cool for Brawl. Make him a moveset, and I'll be happy.
if the moveset is good enough.

I did make a moveset it's like one page back.
You never made one, liar! (no offense) i looked back on each page, including the first one, and there were no movesets ever made for him. so no, you just made a lie.

The numbers dont lie...
LOL! The guy who made this topic is about to be FLAMED! (no offense)

the numbers don't lie, hell, im surprised he's even on there to begin with! (sorry for cussing)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The moveset is the 38th post and BTW I know his chances are low but that doesn't mean he can't be in. Also you guys who say Tingle is a better choice need to go to rehab because you have a problem.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
The moveset is the 38th post and BTW I know his chances are low but that doesn't mean he can't be in.
sorry about the 38th post thing, i just went back and found it! I guess the first time i went back, i skipped over it.

Also you guys who say Tingle is a better choice need to go to rehab because you have a problem.
What's wrong with Tingle being in Brawl? He has more chances, mainly for the fact that he's been in more games (with cameo appearances) than the Happy Mask Salesman has been in altogether (only one game, wow!).

And the other guy who said that Tingle is a better choice, was mainly sarcasm. Same with me, except i think that HMS is a pipe dream, but Tingle has more chances.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I know that the happy mask salesman being in is a dream but still you can't denie he would be cool. BTW the happy mask salesman was in three games not one. The reason I think Tingle probably won't get in is the fact that he is extremely hated outside japan and Sakurai probably won't want to upset the whole world to to please one country. I'm not saying he can't be in as say an item but I just can't see him as a playable character.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
This is the most craptacular idea I've seen yet. The only reason that you have for him to be in is the fact that he exists. Yeah, that sure screams 'all-star' to me. After seeing this, I wouldn't even mind if Cloud made it in, just so long as I know that mask guy didn't (which he won't, anyway)

The moveset is the 38th post and BTW I know his chances are low but that doesn't mean he can't be in. Also you guys who say Tingle is a better choice need to go to rehab because you have a problem.
Not only is Tingle better than that mask guy, he's the best choice for a Zelda character. He even has his own game. Does that mask guy? No, he was a minor supporting character in one game. That's like saying Toadofsky from Mario RPG deserves to be in. Sure, he is a character from game, but that's the only thing he's got going for him.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
This is the most craptacular idea I've seen yet.
Agreed.

Not only is Tingle better than that mask guy, he's the best choice for a Zelda character. He even has his own game. Does that mask guy? No, he was a minor supporting character in one game.
That's what i've been trying to say this whole time! Thank you for saying it more "clearer" than i have.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
I know that the happy mask salesman being in is a dream but still you can't denie he would be cool.
No, he isn't cool.

BTW the happy mask salesman was in three games not one.
name those three games, and was he a playable character at all? no! He is an optional and minor character, and is utterly useless.

Numa Dude;2186863 The reason I think Tingle probably won't get in is the fact that he is extremely [B said:
hated outside japan and Sakurai probably won't want to upset the whole world to to please one country.[/B] I'm not saying he can't be in as say an item but I just can't see him as a playable character.
Prove it. One guy/girl in japan could absolutely LOVE tingle, and yet you no nothing of it. You are very bias, you know that? Don't assume stuff just on your opinons, like they're facts.

As an item, WTF? If he's in at all, he would be a playable character. Tingle has much more of a fanbase than the Happy Mask Salesman probably will ever have in his lifetime.

End of Discussion.
(no offense)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Why does everyone keep saying "End of discussion"? It's really annoying.,

The discussion never offically ends until each sides agree on a matter.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Everyone just STFU about Tingle I bet that if you went out on the street and showed a picture of tingle to a random person that didn't know him they would literally scream pedophile but this isn't what this thread is about. This thread is about the happy mask salesman and if you don't like the idea don't just say that he would suck.

If you don't like the idea then actually give some good reasons one why you don't like the idea and don't just say he would suck for a bunch of stupid reasons.

I understand that some people think that Tingle has a better chance because he has his own game but that game is for japan only for the very reason I said Tingle probably won't be in brawl IMO because japan is the only country in the world that doesn't hate Tingle and that is a fact because most non Japanese people that want Tingle in is so Tingle can be the new sandbag.

I think the happy mask salesman would be great for brawl for the following reasons.

1. No one would expect him he would be like Mr.G&W.

2.He seems like an interesting character.(If anyone actually bothered to read the Bio you would realize there is more to this character than meets the eye.)

3. Lots of possibility's for an interesting moveset. (Like I said before he can use the masks and change his mood.)

4. Possibility to appear in more games. It was never elaborated on on how he got majoras mask they could make a game about his adventures to get it. (Highly unlikely but still a possibility)

5. He is based off of Miyamoto. Miyamoto may have said that he himself has a one percent chance of appearing in brawl but that doesn't mean characters based off of him have a one percent chance. The fact that he is based off of Miyamoto could make him a Nintendo all star.

BTW Nintendo Advocate the three games he has been in are ocarina of time majora's mask and oracle of ages if you don't believe me then READ THE **** BIO!

Keep in mind that this is all my opinion and I don't even suspect him to be in I was just throwing the idea out there because I thought it was interesting and apparently some people like the idea and some people hate it.

Xx swift xX

Smash Apprentice
I'm against almost all new characters (call me a melee purist if you will), but the whole giving out trophies idea would be amazing. They could even work in the whole theme song!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Everyone just STFU about Tingle I bet that if you went out on the street and showed a picture of tingle to a random person that didn't know him they would literally scream pedophile
Now you're just exaggerating and being immature. Shut up.

If you don't like the idea then actually give some good reasons one why you don't like the idea and don't just say he would suck for a bunch of stupid reasons.
OK, you want some actual reasons? Here:

He is an extremely minor character in 2 games, and a very minor character in 1. In OoT, he is a rarely seen fragment of an optional and utterly useless sidequest. In MM, you never have to talk to hiim again after he turns you back from a Deku. I can't say for the other game, but I'm sure is was equally unimportant. Oh, and you want to talk stupid reasons, try reading your own post.

I understand that some people think that Tingle has a better chance because he has his own game but that game is for japan only for the very reason I said Tingle probably won't be in brawl IMO because japan is the only country in the world that doesn't hate Tingle and that is a fact because most non Japanese people that want Tingle in is so Tingle can be the new sandbag.
Oh? And you went and interviewed every single living human being on the entire planet Earth and everyone who was not Japanese answered exactly the same way? You must have missed my house then, cause I never saw that questionnaire. Sloppy work, pal.

Shut your pie-hole and stop thinking you can speak for the world.

1. No one would expect him he would be like Mr.G&W.
So... that fact that nobody wants him is exactly why he should be in? Just because G&W was unexpectetd doesn't mean that he was only thrown in half-hazardly to surprise us all.

2.He seems like an interesting character.(If anyone actually bothered to read the Bio you would realize there is more to this character than meets the eye.)
There's plenty of interesting characters. Tingle, for one. Did you know he made a deal with the Gods to gain immortality, as long as he doesn't run out of money? Hell, Vincent from FF7 is just as mysterious as this mask guy.

3. Lots of possibility's for an interesting moveset. (Like I said before he can use the masks and change his mood.)
Kratos can have an interesting moveset. Master Cheif can have an interesting moveset. You and I can have interesting movesets. The moveset argument, as far as I am concerned, can't work for or against a character. It's invalid, no matter what you think of the character.

. Possibility to appear in more games. It was never elaborated on on how he got majoras mask they could make a game about his adventures to get it. (Highly unlikely but still a possibility)
And it's also possible they might make another game starring Bill Grey from Star Fox, telling about his personal history. A 'what if maybe' isn't good enough as evidence.

5. He is based off of Miyamoto.
And Tingle is based of famed Nintendo music composer Koji Kondo.

Miyamoto may have said that he himself has a one percent chance of appearing in brawl but that doesn't mean characters based off of him have a one percent chance. The fact that he is based off of Miyamoto could make him a Nintendo all star.
You do realize that Miyamoto said that as a joke, right? He wasn't serious.

You don't like what I say? Too bad. You asked me to state my reasons, I did. You can't start a character thread and not expect nobody to be negative.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Now you're just exaggerating and being immature. Shut up.

OK, you want some actual reasons? Here:

He is an extremely minor character in 2 games, and a very minor character in 1. In OoT, he is a rarely seen fragment of an optional and utterly useless sidequest. In MM, you never have to talk to hiim again after he turns you back from a Deku. I can't say for the other game, but I'm sure is was equally unimportant. Oh, and you want to talk stupid reasons, try reading your own post.

Oh? And you went and interviewed every single living human being on the entire planet Earth and everyone who was not Japanese answered exactly the same way? You must have missed my house then, cause I never saw that questionnaire. Sloppy work, pal.

Shut your pie-hole and stop thinking you can speak for the world.

So... that fact that nobody wants him is exactly why he should be in? Just because G&W was unexpectetd doesn't mean that he was only thrown in half-hazardly to surprise us all.

There's plenty of interesting characters. Tingle, for one. Did you know he made a deal with the Gods to gain immortality, as long as he doesn't run out of money? Hell, Vincent from FF7 is just as mysterious as this mask guy.

Kratos can have an interesting moveset. Master Cheif can have an interesting moveset. You and I can have interesting movesets. The moveset argument, as far as I am concerned, can't work for or against a character. It's invalid, no matter what you think of the character.

And it's also possible they might make another game starring Bill Grey from Star Fox, telling about his personal history. A 'what if maybe' isn't good enough as evidence.

And Tingle is based of famed Nintendo music composer Koji Kondo.

You do realize that Miyamoto said that as a joke, right? He wasn't serious.

You don't like what I say? Too bad. You asked me to state my reasons, I did. You can't start a character thread and not expect nobody to be negative.
WTF is your problem people tell me I should be more calm. Seriously chill these are forums for a video game why do you get all serious over something like this eventually you are going to stroke out or something. BTW the majority of the sane non Japanese people do hate Tingle and I don't need to interview anyone to know that. Also just because you don't talk to him doesn't mean he wasn't important to the story the entire game revolved around his mask so yes he was important in majoras mask. I would also like to point out that they are not picking characters for brawl based solely on popularity and popularity in japan is all Tingle has going for him. Tingle is a minor character in alot of games too like in MM all he did was sell you optional charts.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
WTF is your problem people tell me I should be more calm. Seriously chill these are forums for a video game why do you get all serious over something like this eventually you are going to stroke out or something.
dude, you should CHILL....You're the only one getting worked up.

BTW the majority of the sane non Japanese people do hate Tingle and I don't need to interview anyone to know that.
Well then, like Hidden Tiger said, "stop SPEAKING FOR THE WORLD!!"

Also just because you don't talk to him doesn't mean he wasn't important to the story the entire game revolved around his mask so yes he was important in majoras mask.
oh, WOW, just because he sold masks makes him an important character?

I would also like to point out that they are not picking characters for brawl based solely on popularity and popularity in japan is all Tingle has going for him.
You are a complete *******! (no offense, sorry for swearing)
they are basing characters for brawl based on popularity! You are a complete idiot for saying that!

"popularity in japan is all Tingle has going for him" WTF man?
Who ever said that he doesn't have a fanbase in America, Russia, Germany, Switzerland, Austrailia, etc? Don't assume your opinons like they're facts.

Tingle is a minor character in alot of games too like in MM all he did was sell you optional charts.
No, he isn't. He even HAS HIS OWN GAME, and happy mask salesman does not. Tingle's been in more games, is more "cooler", has more popularity, and even has his own game! Does happy mask salesman compete with that at all? HELL NO! (sorry for swearing, yet again)

Your argument is un-valid and pointless. Those above that i just listed for Tingle, are all facts. You base your facts on your opinons, because your very bias! Stop doing that!

I have listed my reasons, and you just got FLAMED!
(no offense)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
dude, you should CHILL....You're the only one getting worked up.

Well then, like Hidden Tiger said, "stop SPEAKING FOR THE WORLD!!"

oh, WOW, just because he sold masks makes him an important character?

You are a complete *******! (no offense, sorry for swearing)
they are basing characters for brawl based on popularity! You are a complete idiot for saying that!

"popularity in japan is all Tingle has going for him" WTF man?
Who ever said that he doesn't have a fanbase in America, Russia, Germany, Switzerland, Austrailia, etc? Don't assume your opinons like they're facts.

No, he isn't. He even HAS HIS OWN GAME, and happy mask salesman does not. Tingle's been in more games, is more "cooler", has more popularity, and even has his own game! Does happy mask salesman compete with that at all? HELL NO! (sorry for swearing, yet again)

Your argument is un-valid and pointless. Those above that i just listed for Tingle, are all facts. You base your facts on your opinons, because your very bias! Stop doing that!

I have listed my reasons, and you just got FLAMED!
(no offense)
1. I'm not getting worked up you and HiddenTiger are the ones telling me to shut up.

2. I'll stop if you stop complaining.

3. Did you even read my post? Yes he was important in that game because it was his mask that was stolen and was going to start the apocalypse.

4. READ THE POST. I never said they were not picking characters by popularity I said popularity isn't the only thing they are choosing characters by.

5. I am talking about the majority of people, I never said that the every person in the world hates Tingle outside japan but the vast majority does.

6. I already addressed Tingles game it is going to be a Japan exclusive because the majority of the people who like Tingle live in Japan so that really doesn't increase his chances IMO.

I am not bias it is a fact that Tingle is not well liked outside japan (I may have exaggerated a bit about Tingle being hated in America but still he isn't very liked here,). This thread is about the happy mask salesman so stop bringing Tingle up in this thread. BTW if you can't stop bringing up Tingle at least give me reasons you think he is so cool.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
1. I'm not getting worked up you and HiddenTiger are the ones telling me to shut up.
Well, if you just SHUT UP, then maybe we'll stop.

2. I'll stop if you stop complaining.
dude, WTF? Honestly, stop being immature. Your the one complaining all the time.

3. Did you even read my post? Yes he was important in that game because it was his mask that was stolen and was going to start the apocalypse.
True, but not a playable character, was he? no! He's minor and optional, no matter what you say can change that.

4. READ THE POST. I never said they were not picking characters by popularity I said popularity isn't the only thing they are choosing characters by.
No? Here, let me pull up what you said earlier:

I would also like to point out that they are not picking characters for brawl based solely on popularity
you're a complete MORON if you say that again! That's like, the main REASON why they pick characters in the first place!

5. I am talking about the majority of people, I never said that the every person in the world hates Tingle outside japan but the vast majority does.
Name the vast majority, then start whining and complaining about Tingle.

6. I already addressed Tingles game it is going to be a Japan exclusive because the majority of the people who like Tingle live in Japan so that really doesn't increase his chances IMO.
Dude, brawl is being made at Nintendo Headquarters in Japan! That's where sakurai produces his games at, same with nintendo itself! Look, that does increase his chances of getting in brawl. 1) He has a major game coming out in japan, and 2) people from America or anywhere else can import it online and get it.

I am not bias it is a fact that Tingle is not well liked outside japan (I may have exaggerated a bit about Tingle being hated in America but still he isn't very liked here).
Yes, you are VERY bias.

nah, you think that you exaggerated a bit? My ***! (sorry for cussing)
He is very well liked here, and you have no proof that he doesn't have a fanbase located here in America.

This thread is about the happy mask salesman so stop bringing Tingle up in this thread. BTW if you can't stop bringing up Tingle at least give me reasons you think he is so cool.
I said that he's "cooler" than the HMS, mainly because:
-has own game
-has more fans
-more likely to get in brawl
-has a fanbase
-has been in more games
-owned by nintendo 100% (HMS is the same here, so it's a tie)

And also, we brought up Tingle in the first place, because we thought that He is a better character choice, and is more deserving than the HMS.

If, at all the HMS gets in brawl, he should be the Trophy Seller. I mean, that would be the only thing he's good at! Or maybe, if you had to buy "secret characters" and "secret stages" to unlock more things, he can have a shop on there, and he could sell you those stuff! To get money to buy stuff, you would just have to play multiplayer, and you get coins like you do in melee (except that you don't use it for lottery).

That's the only thing the HMS has got going for him in Brawl.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Well, if you just SHUT UP, then maybe we'll stop.

dude, WTF? Honestly, stop being immature. Your the one complaining all the time.

True, but not a playable character, was he? no! He's minor and optional, no matter what you say can change that.

No? Here, let me pull up what you said earlier:

you're a complete MORON if you say that again! That's like, the main REASON why they pick characters in the first place!

Name the vast majority, then start whining and complaining about Tingle.

Dude, brawl is being made at Nintendo Headquarters in Japan! That's where sakurai produces his games at, same with nintendo itself! Look, that does increase his chances of getting in brawl. 1) He has a major game coming out in japan, and 2) people from America or anywhere else can import it online and get it.

Yes, you are VERY bias.

nah, you think that you exaggerated a bit? My ***! (sorry for cussing)
He is very well liked here, and you have no proof that he doesn't have a fanbase located here in America.

I said that he's "cooler" than the HMS, mainly because:
-has own game
-has more fans
-more likely to get in brawl
-has a fanbase
-has been in more games
-owned by nintendo 100% (HMS is the same here, so it's a tie)

And also, we brought up Tingle in the first place, because we thought that He is a better character choice, and is more deserving than the HMS.

If, at all the HMS gets in brawl, he should be the Trophy Seller. I mean, that would be the only thing he's good at! Or maybe, if you had to buy "secret characters" and "secret stages" to unlock more things, he can have a shop on there, and he could sell you those stuff! To get money to buy stuff, you would just have to play multiplayer, and you get coins like you do in melee (except that you don't use it for lottery).

That's the only thing the HMS has got going for him in Brawl.
Okay now I'm getting a little angry why the **** won't you shut up. I'm not complaining and I'm not immature you and HiddenTiger are the ones flaming me for gay reasons I know the Happy mask salesman has low chances but me and alot of other people like the idea so you guys need to shut up I never said the happy mask salesman had a high chance in fact I was the first person to say he has low chances I just thought it was a cool idea and alot of other people do too if you don't like the idea I respect that everyone is entitled to there opinion but don't post on this thread **** like the happy mask salesman is gay Tingle is better because no one cares. BTW just because a character isn't playable doesn't mean they are not important you are the dumb *** for thinking that. Also you must not know what solely means or you would shut up about what I said earlier solely means the only one so when I said that they don't pick characters solely on popularity that means popularity isn't the only reason they pick characters. You should also know that even though Nintendo is a Japanese company they sell products worldwide so no that does not increase his chances. You need to start reading my posts all the way and those reasons you listed don't make Tingle cooler. I would also like to add that if there was a store clerk of some kind it will probably be tom nook.

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
Okay now I'm getting a little angry why the **** won't you shut up. I'm not complaining and I'm not immature you and HiddenTiger are the ones flaming me for gay reasons I know the Happy mask salesman has low chances but me and alot of other people like the idea so you guys need to shut up I never said the happy mask salesman had a high chance in fact I was the first person to say he has low chances I just thought it was a cool idea and alot of other people do too if you don't like the idea I respect that everyone is entitled to there opinion but don't post on this thread **** like the happy mask salesman is gay Tingle is better because no one cares. BTW just because a character isn't playable doesn't mean they are not important you are the dumb *** for thinking that. Also you must not know what solely means or you would shut up about what I said earlier solely means the only one so when I said that they don't pick characters solely on popularity that means popularity isn't the only reason they pick characters. You should also know that even though Nintendo is a Japanese company they sell products worldwide so no that does not increase his chances. You need to start reading my posts all the way and those reasons you listed don't make Tingle cooler. I would also like to add that if there was a store clerk of some kind it will probably be tom nook.
screw this, you're not listening, and im just going to stop posting on here.

Top Bottom