• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New White GC Controller

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You bought a third party one. The official Nintendo ones are pretty good. As people said order it from play Asia if you want the real one.

The Nintendo official one works fine. It's a really good buy if you ask me... Ordered it because my other game cube control stopped working...

I take mine to tourneys, the cord is not a problem to me at all. Provides more mobility in my opinion.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Where would I find custom controlers and are they worth it? Obviously, its probably not really worth it since I'm not competing on that level but it'd be cool to have if its not terriblly expensive. This would cost 35 dollars so . . .

The one I have now is desensitized and doesn't work so well for Fox and sometimes Falco.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Haha, yeah. I remember the commercial with the kid playing from the dinner table. Classic.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
eh i probably wont buy anymore game cube controllers i have 6 or 7 right now and use only 2

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I might get one of these. I only have two controllers that are usable - and I don't like using one of them. xD

IrArby

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm planning to buy one of these and if it sucks you all are responsible. lol Below here is my not so brief review of the Gamestop controller.

The gamestop controllers feel as if theres nothing inside them which takes only a little getting used to. They're pretty sensitive and take very little effort to move as far as the Control Stick goes. The C stick has a bowl tip which is wierd and the X/Y buttons are very slender and very high so it takes a lot of getting used to when say JC shines but not so much for regular SHing. the L/R buttons also feel very hollow. The one I had actually squeaked when I L-canceled.
Unfortuantely, the cord is really low quality and the wires on mine got exposed and thus I trashed it. If you take really good care of your controlers and like huge sensitive Control Sticks its not a bad buy for 15$. For the 5months that I played the hell out of it I didn't have to reset it once though (press and hold X, Y, and Start).

iNiGhTmAr3

Smash Apprentice
Lol I have two controllers like that...I paid $20 for them a long time ago.

I let people who don't have controllers use them. :)

My controller is the emerald green one from Japan, no problems with it at all.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol i have one, but it stains really easily :(
it'll be yellow in a few years

darkatma

Smash Hero
lmfao @ this thread

buy your controllers in ASIA, kids
I bought 4 white controllers and they all work flawlessly.
I've also placed 3rd in a norcal tournament with my white controller.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Where can I find differnet color ones (other than black, purple and silver)? Not that White isn't cool but I'd like to see others aswell. My old black one is no longer Fox-Worthy and my silver one isn't very distinguished looking.

CHUK

Smash Ace
it said for gamecube/wii. you know it is full of suck if it is specified for the wii.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I don't let people use my platinum. Because many INSIST on letting the control stick snap back into place after they move it for some reason. That is how I ruined the control stick on my old one. So sad. :(

IrArby

Smash Ace
Yea my black controler I always use is like that now but I can't play Marth well without it. Is it lame to have a different controller for different characters? I think not.

But what about those different colored controlers? I must know! lol

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
I've seen black, white, purple, light orange, platinum, and I think atomic purple.

Hibiki

Smash Apprentice
I'm still using the old purple and silver ones which I'm borrowing from my friend, Yuuki.
It hasn't failed me.
But I don't think he's gonna take them back so I might be good until I wear these things down. And once that day comes?
Yeah, I'm screwed.

CaptHappyFace

Smash Apprentice
I still use a Wavebird. Remember those?
Jeez lol Idk how you got used to that but I certainly can't. They seem way too bulky to even handle.

--
I've found that the grey and purple controllers work the best. Blacks are high quality too but they seem to break easier. Never tried the white ones but last tourny i went too there were tons of them. People were losing them left and right. Longer cord is a improvement though.

And 3rd party controllers are good for like a week, then they are bad. Overall they are horrible.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I should get one these new white controllers.

I've been meaning to make a white/pink one with Kirby smilies on it but haven't yet because of laziness.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
That's why you stop being a noob and buy the white GC controllers from Asia. I just got mine from play-asia.com, and it works perfects. Exactly the same as a normal cube controller, other than the wire and colors. It doesn't feel different at all. It is a first-party controller. >.>

Anyway, I recommend, as long as you order it from here.
Don't be a noob. All the buttons and analog sticks work perfectly fine.

Top Bottom