• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New way to gimp Falco?

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
So I was watching this video of Ninjalink vs. some falco and when Falco tried to recover with his side b, Ninjalink used diddy hump and caught falco in mid air. I was wondering if people already knew about this because it looks really useful and not to difficult to do. If this is not a well known gimp props to Ninjalink for figuring it out.

Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-2CYOiup4&feature=channel_page

the gimp is at 1:12.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Saw the gimp, but it was in the start-up of the attack. Needs to be tested to see whether Diddy would grab on to Falco during the attack/hitbox/whatever you want to call it.

EDIT: Now I feel like a nub.xD

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy gimps alot of people. Just hit him with bananas/peanuts. Against falco/fox, charge the peanut gun vertically until you know it will hit them as they are falling down and waiting to phantasm back to the edge, then you hit them and they fall and edgehog XD

ADHD

Smash Hero
Theres invincibility frames in Falcos F-B i think in the beginning. I didnt test it.
I highly doubt this, I've hit many falco's with a peanut at the very start of the phantasm... If there is invinicibility frames, it's like barely anything to make a difference..

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah Falco has invincibility frames during his side B. You probably just always hit him before/after them.

When I try to shoot peanuts at Falco they always just get destroyed from his side B lol.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Falco has invincibility frames at the beginning of his MOVEMENT, not when he's like charging up for it. At that point, either it clashes or the Phantasm hits, Falco never gets hurt. After that very beginning of it though, it's vulnerable.

saberhof

Smash Master
the diddy hump can go threw tons of things its very amazing...

yes diddy can gimp falco this way, even while hes hanging from the edge doesn't matter what infinite frames there are, i really don't think they exist...xD

ADHD

Smash Hero
I just gimped another falco with a charged peanut gun XD. If a space animal is recovering from below, throw a banana down at him and then wait to edge hog him or barrel spike.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I just gimped another falco with a charged peanut gun XD. If a space animal is recovering from below, throw a banana down at him and then wait to edge hog him or barrel spike.
where can the peanut hit? because i would love to interrupt the phantasm with this it would help me loads against this match :\

ADHD

Smash Hero
where can the peanut hit? because i would love to interrupt the phantasm with this it would help me loads against this match :\
Just hit him basically while he's offstage and see what happens after really. If it hits him he may have to use his up b, then just edgehog if its far from the ledge with invinicibility frames. Falco's phantasm is weird and it should be analyzed, I side b monkey humped him in the middle of it... which brings up the question if you can use other grab moves on it like ganon's side b.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
The hardest part about gimping Falco is if they space or outsmart you with Phantasm.
Firebird is slower and shorter. Phantasm is pretty quick and has invincibility frames.

The great part is that Diddy Kong covers a TON of angles, you basically just have to be quick enough to set up any hit that stops the possibility of Phantasm and beat Firebird (usually by hogging)

IDK

Smash Lord
bananas and peanuts work really well... but if you have any timing it really isn't that difficult to spike them out of their up b if you get them into it.

Top Bottom