• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wario Land for the Wii!

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
I'm a serious platform player who feels that a majority of the platform games today have lost their edge. Wario Land 3 for me was the toughst platform game I ever played on a handheld. WArio Land 4 was equally as challenging.

I have been waiting seven years for another Wario land game. Y'know not mini-game collections Wario but shoulder-tackling platform hopping Wario. Wario World was good but not great, and don't even get me started on Master of Disguise for the DS (developed by a third party developer:mad:!). But finally after years of waiting the next installment of Wario Land is here:bee:! The game looks awesome! The return of Captain Syrup, who we haven't seen since part 2 is back. Fully animated cut scenes done by production I.G (Ghost in the Shell), as well as hand drawn graphics done by I.G too.

Here are some vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkXnCzDAidw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfPxl9AA0HY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ-5IEjfa34

Release date: September 22,2008 (NA, EUR)

July 28, 2008 (JPN)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I'm getting this game for m b-day. I can't wait!

So far just from watching videos this could be my favorite Waio Land game, but of course I'll have to play it before I can tell for sure.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah, this game is gonna be rawk. I liked Wario World, by the way.

I dunno why, but I always thought Captain Syrup was black. I was sorta disappointed when I saw her picture...:(

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It is wierd how this game comes out the same day as Kirby Super Star Ultra. O_o

Oh well, I guess I'll find some way to fish this game in my Wii rouster. The intro looks like it's straight from the anime. :D

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I wonder whether Wario will be as relatively unkillable as he was in earlier games. With the huge amount of enemies in the stages, it doesn't look like it.

All in all, I'm wondering whether I should get this... or... really... whether I'll have enough money after everything else I'm planning on getting this year...

Keyy

Smash Apprentice
shake it... so waggle is pretty much the whole theme. I have my doubts about this game.
it is honest, I have to give it that. at least they aren't calling it 'revolutionary controls' any more.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I wonder why this game have no commercial when it's soo close to comming out. That's just so.... wrong. >_>
*shrug* I didn't see a commercial for Brawl until way after I'd already bought it... And some games just don't have commercials. Twilight Princess, anyone?

XACE-K

Smash Master
From what I've seen, this game looks good. Finally I can put a game in my Wii that doesn't have the word Brawl on it. >_> But than that will be it for average to good cames to come out this year from Nintendo.

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
Controlling Wario involves holding the Wii mote on its side. The 1 button is for the classic shoulder tackle, 2 button for jumping. The 'Shake it' part comes from a special move, where shaking the Wii mote causes Wario to slam his fist into the ground causing an earthquake, stunning enemies and revealing secrets. Here's an info vid on the game itself. I find that narrator guy somewhat annoying...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc89grmU_t0

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
My friend is getting this game today. I'll see how it is then I'll get it. I haven't seen Wario Land in a long time so I will try to play it, but Kirby Super Star Ultra is calling me as well. XD

§leepy God

Smash Master
I dunno.
This game looks like another one of those games that I'll buy and play for a day. Then forget about. And I really hate doing that.
You don't have to worry about that, this game is awsome. Some people beat it in a day, but those people don't have a life. XD

It plays kind of like Wario Land 4 but not at the same time.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
*Bump*

Sereoulsy, this game don't get enough rep, this should be in the catogory of one of the best Wii games of 08.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I guarantee that if the 'W' in Wario was flipped upside down, this game would be selling like hotcakes right about now. lol

*waits for Firus*

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I guarantee that if the 'W' in Wario was flipped upside down, this game would be selling like hotcakes right about now. lol

*waits for Firus*
You get SuperRacoon instead.

Though you say that jokingly, it's probably true. Mario is basically the mickey mouse of video games.
so painful to say, why, because Disney sux, but Nintendo seems you be following their legacy

As for the game itself, looks a little lack luster compared to Wario Land 4. (Awesome game by the way).

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Actually, I was 100% serious while trying to tick off Firus cause it's now fun to me. lol

I can't wait to get this game but money's tight on me for the moment. :(

Warp$tar Lover

Smash Cadet
*Bump*

Sereoulsy, this game don't get enough rep, this should be in the catogory of one of the best Wii games of 08.

I heard somewhere it was nominated for multiple awards on one review site, I think it was IGN.

Either way you're right, this does deserve more rep than it's getting. I played this game and had a blast. It was short story wise, but **** I still had a good time:)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It looks like Gameboy advance graphics...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You haven't taken a good look at it.

And even if it was... so?
It MIGHT be better than the gameboy advance could do...

But it's for the wii, they could make the graphics better than that.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I assume the Wii Wario Land maintains the quality of the Wario Land series, but honestly, it looks far too short. I can only buy one game a month and although there is not much on the Wii, I still find it hard to justify paying 50 dollars for 20 hours of excellence.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Well, if you play the game, just for playing the game until you beat the last boss without you looking afer the missions then this will be around 20 hours or so. But if you want to complete the game 100% this will take around 50 hours or more to complete unless your a freak with not time to do other stuff. :p

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I loved wario land 3, you had to think to win, instead of just blast through the level. My only gripe about 4 was the time limit. It made me feel rushed for a Wario game. I did love the random cd's you could listen to though

Top Bottom