• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
The NoA employee thing is a rumour. Know you're facts before you post.
I assumed that was factual since it just came out but I guess that was a rumor also. Any new word on who actually leaked?

Last edited:

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I assumed that was factual since it just came out but I guess that was a rumor also. Any new word on who actually leaked?
So far it's only a rumor that it was an NoA employee. NoA has not officially confirmed it so nothing as of yet.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Congratulations on getting what you want. You are not the only person who matters. I'm perfectly okay with any new characters that are added to Smash. The more the merrier. Shulk being in is the good part of the leak. However, the possibility of characters getting removed is annoying because there is no reason for it. That is why this leak being true would not be a good thing for a lot of people.
I never said Im the only person that matters. I even stated that Im sorry these other characters dont make it because I want others to enjoy them. I would have preferred those characters also to havd made it. All I am saying is that I am still extremely happy about the news contrary to how Id feel if my own team lost the superbowl, thus pointing out the invalidity of your analogy. The situations are nothing alike. If were striving for common happiness for everyone here you shouldnt use a superbowl analogy where there have to be losers.

To summarize I am dissapointed for others everyones favorite characters wont be making it, but still extremely excited that the ones I like did.

Last edited:

Killimano23

Smash Cadet
I never said Im the only person that matters. I even stated that Im sorry these other characters dont make it because I want others to enjoy them. I would have preferred those characters also to havd made it. All I am saying is that I am still extremely happy about the news contrary to how Id feel if my own team lost the superbowl, thus pointing out the invalidity of your analogy. The situations are nothing alike. If were striving for common happiness for everyone here you shouldnt use a superbowl analogy where there have to be losers.

lol did you actually just go out of your way to try and disprove his analogy?

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
Everything is set in stone. It was an employee of NoA that leaked, not ESRB. No, you simply cannot "edit" entirely new models with new animations, regardless of the resolution used to record it. People are just super salty, that is all.
That's a false response. Clearly you aren't understanding what i'm saying. I never said that an ESRB employee leaked. In fact, I never even said this was recorded. All I'm trying to say is that there are many sources that could have been used to create something such as this. For instance, the Shulk Lucina battle could have been using the battle animations from a match that Nintendo Treehouse had, rigged a Ganondorf and Shulk Model and animated Lucina models from screenshots. Then, they could used the brawl background. Yes, it would take a great amount of skill to do this if this were a fake, but fans are dedicated enough to execute this.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
That's total BS. They don't take away much more space than skins. The difference between Dr. Mario as a skin and a character on his own is minimal. And with that logic you could also complain about EVERYTHING in the game taking space away. Stages, throphies, Items, everything. So no, it doesn't take roster spots away.
You misunderstood me. I'm not talking about space, as in the game's memory...I'm talking about space on the 3DS screen. You can only fit so many characters on the character select screen, due to the small size of the 3DS. So in that case, clones like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit do take up space that could have gone to other, more deserving characters.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
That's a false response. Clearly you aren't understanding what i'm saying. I never said that an ESRB employee leaked. In fact, I never even said this was recorded. All I'm trying to say is that there are many sources that could have been used to create something such as this. For instance, the Shulk Lucina battle could have been using the battle animations from a match that Nintendo Treehouse had, rigged a Ganondorf and Shulk Model and animated Lucina models from screenshots. Then, they could used the brawl background. Yes, it would take a great amount of skill to do this if this were a fake, but fans are dedicated enough to execute this.
That sounds overly complicated and much more difficult to believe as opposed to believing that it's real, which at this point in time seems ever more likely, if not completely.

How would you explain the confirmed vets having the exact same animations from the E3 build? No way to "rig" that.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I don't care if Dark Pit is a clone or not, Kid Icarus does not deserve 3 characters no matter how you look at it.
That's your opinion, here mine...

I don't care whenever a characters deserves to be or not to be...
...I for one am very happy with what smash 4 offers so far.

Literally, its "downsides" people are mentioning are failing to hinder me. Maybe because it overshadowed by the "upsides"?

Not insulting you or anything, I was polite.

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
That sounds overly complicated and much more difficult to believe as opposed to believing that it's real, which at this point in time seems ever more likely, if not completely.

How would you explain the confirmed vets having the exact same animations from the E3 build? No way to "rig" that.
Read my reply. I said, "They could have taken a match from Nintendo Treehouse (Which is from E3 btw) and rigged other animations on a background of brawl's Yoshi's Story, and 3DS's Battlefield stage." Veteran animations were indeed shown off at Treehouse, and using it is very possible.

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Read my reply. I said, "They could have taken a match from Nintendo Treehouse (Which is from E3 btw) and rigged other animations on a background of brawl's Yoshi's Story, and 3DS's Battlefield stage." Veteran animations were indeed shown off at Treehouse, and using it is very possible.
So they took animations from Treehouse footage, somehow managed to create entirely new models with new animations, and then threw all of that onto a Brawl background? I'm sorry but that just makes no sense. Again, it is more believable that the leak is real as opposed to your theory.

What do you mean by "rigged" btw?

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Ok, even in the highly unlikely event that aaaaaall of this is fake/rigged/whatever, isn't it nice to believe in something like this leak instead of constantly trying to debunk it.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I just thought of something guys....why would the ESRB use these unconfirmed characters in one of their judging reviews?

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
So they took animations from Treehouse footage, somehow managed to create entirely new models with new animations, and then threw all of that onto a Brawl background? I'm sorry but that just makes no sense. Again, it is more believable that the leak is real as opposed to your theory.

What do you mean by "rigged" btw?
"Rigging" is the process of creating/using 3D models and animating them. PMBR did it for Brawl so it actually does make sense to create completely new models and animate them. And yes. I am aware of the high unlikeliness of my theory. It's just something that's possible and would make for an interesting debunk of this leak. Either way, this man must be a super genius because if this is real, somehow he managed to bypass ESRB's security and record this stuff/take these pics, and if it's fake, he must have a lot of free time and have the most on point Photoshop skills I've ever seen. Only time will tell. We'll meet here in two weeks and some change and see whether it's real or not. And some of the stuff here can be real, but that won't confirm everything else. (For example the gambling stuff, which we know is real. That we've already seen a couple of times before the leak, won't confirm that the doc is a playable character.)

Last edited:

Sendo Roba

Smash Cadet
Who thinks Shulk looks cool in this? He is doing, like, exclusively Marth moves...like, when he used a Dolphin Slash I gave up on ever caring...

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
You misunderstood me. I'm not talking about space, as in the game's memory...I'm talking about space on the 3DS screen. You can only fit so many characters on the character select screen, due to the small size of the 3DS. So in that case, clones like Dr. Mario and Dark Pit do take up space that could have gone to other, more deserving characters.
Perhaps doc, dark pit n Lucina have DIFFERENT FINAL SMASHES. Sorry for pointing out the obvious

Rage? I'm still buying the game happily and all that. More like annoyance, he's just kinda redundant. But yeah, main him, maybe someday we can smash and I can beat ya with Duck Hunt Dog or Villager.

BOO FRIGGIN HOO

Last edited:

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something guys....why would the ESRB use these unconfirmed characters in one of their judging reviews?
ESRB wouldn't use anyone. They don't play the games, but receive videos from developers and judge based on that. It's weird that Nintendo would send videos with unannounced characters, but who knows why. It is fishy, but still the video is hard not to believe.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
ESRB wouldn't use anyone. They don't play the games, but receive videos from developers and judge based on that. It's weird that Nintendo would send videos with unannounced characters, but who knows why. It is fishy, but still the video is hard not to believe.
...Because ESRB needs to see everything about the games they rate...

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
NO ONE MADE U CLICK TO OPEN
Of course I am going to investigate. Things like this are worth looking into but even so I don't know, I may end up losing a dollar but I am gonna keep my stance and say this is fake....

...also too I hope its fake because the final roster makes me feel empty for some reason i cannot explain.

Uffe

Smash Hero
ermahgawd u don't know who Shulk is? He's from Xenoblade #Knowyocharacters :3
To be honest, I don't play much video games as I used to. And if Xenoblade is an RPG, then it's less likely I'm going to know who the character is since I've only really enjoyed Pokemon (then stopped after Fire Red), EarthBound, and Chrono Trigger. When the game comes out, I'll give him a shot, though.

DownsideMadness

Smash Rookie
NNID
audiohades70
To be honest, I don't play much video games as I used to. And if Xenoblade is an RPG, then it's less likely I'm going to know who the character is since I've only really enjoyed Pokemon (then stopped after Fire Red), EarthBound, and Chrono Trigger. When the game comes out, I'll give him a shot, though.
I really don't play to much RP games cause i think it's to complicated lol but i know Xenoblade Chronicles Or Xenoblade X are not RP games but i was only joking about the #Knowyocharacters thing lol :3

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Lets all hope Dr. Mario's down special is Mario Tornado because that damn F.L.U.D.D (even though Mario sunshine is one of my favorite mario games) is super annoying and useless, and there are 3 versions of the damn thing! If doc is an exact clone then the salt will be real.
Haha. I prefer Mario's quicker punches and meteor smash but man, Fludd is so lame

DownsideMadness

Smash Rookie
NNID
audiohades70
Who thinks Shulk looks cool in this? He is doing, like, exclusively Marth moves...like, when he used a Dolphin Slash I gave up on ever caring...
Actually Shulk has Ike's moves not Marth lol but some characters have some other characters moves for example Little Mac and Captin Falcon :3

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
Bowser Jr looks a lot smaller than what he looks like in the Mario series. Is Ridley logic in play here?...

Top Bottom