• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
For what it's worth, one of the E3 promo videos had a couple screens of Spectate Mode (at least people betting coins), but it didn't show all of the menus and stuff. The Challenge thing to my knowledge was not previewed prior to the most recent official update.

Obviously nothing is proven true until the final product releases publicly, but to discredit the leaked images at this point is probably the wrong way to approach them.

That said, unless something has surfaced, I'm not sure we have any newer Character Selection Screen pictures or videos outside of that one leaked last week. So it's unclear if that is the real CSS or if it's complete. More of that I think is what people are waiting for.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
What bothers me the most are these trophy descriptions....

Why would they make them all sound so sarcastic and slapping the face of which they came from?

Twewy

Smash Lord
...Why was one of the pictures a zoom of Tharja's butt?
Because the leaks came from a video made for the ESRB to rate the game, so of course the "Mild Suggestive Themes" has to be shown.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
leak is real. I am SUPER disappointed. No sukapon, no king k. rool. :cry:

If it is true that duck hunt dog carries a duck on his back that aids with certain attacks and it work similar to how banjo-kazooie would work than my sadness will fade.
I'd be super upset if he plays like Banjo Kazooie. No character can EVER fill in his shoes, especially that damn, LAUGHING, MUTT....

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
leak is real. I am SUPER disappointed. No sukapon, no king k. rool. :cry:

If it is true that duck hunt dog carries a duck on his back that aids with certain attacks and it work similar to how banjo-kazooie would work than my sadness will fade.
Who ever said it was real?

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
You're in denial if you think its not real.
Nothing is true until we see the actual gameplay when the game hits stores. Of course, to completely discredit the leak as false is hard to do at this point of time we are at. That being said, I'm heavily disappointed with the addition of Doctor Mario especially since he's gonna be like he was in Melee with the Tornado (or at least what the leaker says to be true) that was with Mario FIRST since the beginning. Already I can see everybody just ditching Mario for Doctor Mario.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Thats false.
You can use basic reasoning you don't have to wait until its in a store.
I don't see the difference between you having the opportunity to buy it and see gameplay vs someone else having the resources and showing you it.
The gameplay is real, weather you want to accept it or not is up to you.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Nothing is true until we see the actual gameplay when the game hits stores. Of course, to completely discredit the leak as false is hard to do at this point of time we are at. That being said, I'm heavily disappointed with the addition of Doctor Mario especially since he's gonna be like he was in Melee with the Tornado (or at least what the leaker says to be true) that was with Mario FIRST since the beginning. Already I can see everybody just ditching Mario for Doctor Mario.

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
image.jpg
This is a photoshopped image that I downloaded to see the size of the selection screen on my xl.

Last edited:

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Where did that come from and why does it look different from the leaked pics?
My friend emailed me the image and told me it's a photoshop and I just took a pic of it on my 3ds. He got the image from gaf. I'll edit my post for it won't cause confusion

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Thats false.
You can use basic reasoning you don't have to wait until its in a store.
I don't see the difference between you having the opportunity to buy it and see gameplay vs someone else having the resources and showing you it.
The gameplay is real, weather you want to accept it or not is up to you.
Aaaand it's not possible to fabricate footage from E3 which is possible by the way? I'm just saying everybody shouldn't just accept it without question considering that ESRB is damn hard to infiltrate. You can keep telling me the gameplay footage is real and I'll still be waiting and see if everything else outside of the footage is true. We saw gameplay footage of Bowser Jr and Ganondorf. That's it. That's basic reasoning.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Aaaand it's not possible to fabricate footage from E3 which is possible by the way? I'm just saying everybody shouldn't just accept it without question considering that ESRB is damn hard to infiltrate. You can keep telling me the gameplay footage is real and I'll still be waiting and see if everything else outside of the footage is true. We saw gameplay footage of Bowser Jr and Ganondorf. That's it. That's basic reasoning.
Shulk and lucina weren't there either?
The footage isn't the only things that are proof
Maps, Pics containing info before daily pics
the fact nintendo is claiming videos with the footage.
Its impossible for this guy to fake a complete copy multiple times that wasn't shown until after he posted it.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Let's face it Burst, people that don't believe it at this point aren't going to believe it until they are physically holding it. :p

That said, that image above is an incredibly clean photoshop or a higher resolution of last week's leak.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Yeah is definitely shopped.
G&W's background is a brighter yellow
Dark pit is a mirrored pit( missing gap between middle bang and head isn't slightly tilted)
Wario is much brighter and the chin is shown alot more.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Shulk and lucina weren't there either?
The footage isn't the only things that are proof
Maps, Pics containing info before daily pics
the fact nintendo is claiming videos with the footage.
Its impossible for this guy to fake a complete copy multiple times that wasn't shown until after he posted it.
There could be many reasons why they take the videos down. Either it is real and they are trying to damage control with no avail, it is fake and doesn't want to mislead people, or that they are just trying to protect their copyright because Nintendo is like that at times with their IPs on YouTube. It's not impossible for this guy to fake the whole thing. It is hard to create such things and not to mention that it is unlikely the case, but it is possible.

Dude, we knew about Lucina for months when she was actually announced with Robin and Cpt. Falcon! Pictures can very easily be fabricated especially in this day and age.

By no means am I trying to get you angry or not hype about the whole thing. If you're excited by the whole thing, then good for you really. Shulk might be a great addition even though I have never played the Xenoblade franchise, but I have heard people want him. Duck Hunt Dog (or Mr. Peppers as I'm hearing) I could care less about and only would use him as a punching bag due to my intense hatred for it since the days of the NES. Bowser Jr. I have no complaints about either and looks to be the MODOK of Smash. Doctor Mario and Dark Pit is where my excitement stops especially considering the "leaker" said Doctor Mario is essentially the Melee version meaning he has the Tornado. Being a Mario fan, you have no idea how much this makes me disappointed with Sakurai considering he hasn't done anything additional with FLUDD like the Hover Nozzle. Here we come, Melee. I don't think I need to speak anything about what's messed up about adding Dark Pit as his own character when Lucas has a big following in Brawl and Project M or even how other characters in KI has more of an impact like Hades or Medusa.

I realize I say the last part of the paragraph with a possibility of a little bias and frankly, I could care less if that's the case since I'll be honest and not sugarcoat anything. Anyways, I've rambled on a little bit with that, so I'll stop before I get ahead of myself on that. Overall, I'm sort of mixed about this "leak" as Sakurai did some great decisions for fans as well as terrible decisions for certain fans who are unhappy with Doctor Mario being in rather than a vet like Mewtwo or Lucas. Of course, the leaker did say that more has yet to be revealed so it could still be a chance for them to come as well as others that people want. Me personally, I would like to see Sceptile so that the Starter Elemental Trinity is complete and promotes Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. As for what the "leaker" said about Ridley being both a stage boss and a playable character, I'm not believing it until I see it.

Again, this is just from my point of view and bottom line, I'll wait and see if the rest of the leak is true. If you don't like my way of thinking, then tough nuts. That being said, I hope you have a nice day.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Alex Night, it would be especially strange to see a character as a Boss and Playable character, unless the boss version is the same size as the playable one. That part does seem strange.

Also, Sceptile would be awesome. He's always been my favorite starter actually.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I dunno about the roster, but the videos are definitely real. How could someone fake the background of the new Battlefield background AND the stage exactly to what it is in the new game?

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I dunno about the roster, but the videos are definitely real. How could someone fake the background of the new Battlefield background AND the stage exactly to what it is in the new game?
With any amount of programming and looking at the hype trailers just about anyone could

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
There could be many reasons why they take the videos down. Either it is real and they are trying to damage control with no avail, it is fake and doesn't want to mislead people, or that they are just trying to protect their copyright because Nintendo is like that at times with their IPs on YouTube. It's not impossible for this guy to fake the whole thing. It is hard to create such things and not to mention that it is unlikely the case, but it is possible.

Dude, we knew about Lucina for months when she was actually announced with Robin and Cpt. Falcon! Pictures can very easily be fabricated especially in this day and age.

By no means am I trying to get you angry or not hype about the whole thing. If you're excited by the whole thing, then good for you really. Shulk might be a great addition even though I have never played the Xenoblade franchise, but I have heard people want him. Duck Hunt Dog (or Mr. Peppers as I'm hearing) I could care less about and only would use him as a punching bag due to my intense hatred for it since the days of the NES. Bowser Jr. I have no complaints about either and looks to be the MODOK of Smash. Doctor Mario and Dark Pit is where my excitement stops especially considering the "leaker" said Doctor Mario is essentially the Melee version meaning he has the Tornado. Being a Mario fan, you have no idea how much this makes me disappointed with Sakurai considering he hasn't done anything additional with FLUDD like the Hover Nozzle. Here we come, Melee. I don't think I need to speak anything about what's messed up about adding Dark Pit as his own character when Lucas has a big following in Brawl and Project M or even how other characters in KI has more of an impact like Hades or Medusa.

I realize I say the last part of the paragraph with a possibility of a little bias and frankly, I could care less if that's the case since I'll be honest and not sugarcoat anything. Anyways, I've rambled on a little bit with that, so I'll stop before I get ahead of myself on that. Overall, I'm sort of mixed about this "leak" as Sakurai did some great decisions for fans as well as terrible decisions for certain fans who are unhappy with Doctor Mario being in rather than a vet like Mewtwo or Lucas. Of course, the leaker did say that more has yet to be revealed so it could still be a chance for them to come as well as others that people want. Me personally, I would like to see Sceptile so that the Starter Elemental Trinity is complete and promotes Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. As for what the "leaker" said about Ridley being both a stage boss and a playable character, I'm not believing it until I see it.

Again, this is just from my point of view and bottom line, I'll wait and see if the rest of the leak is true. If you don't like my way of thinking, then tough nuts. That being said, I hope you have a nice day.
I think its a joke how you started replying to my posts and you're trying to make it seem like I'm just harassing you with the leak is real stuff. If you didn't want to talk about it then don't quote(And then keep replying) me trying to disprove something and then hide behind the "I don't care" and implying I'm angry (which I'm not) bit to make me seem like the bad guy.

Obviously lucina was announced but there was no footage of her other than trailers outside the 3ds. Was also not at E3 so the gameplay footage from there couldn't have been fabricated.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
With the leak confirmed, a word of caution: Remember that part of the leak was intentionally fabricated by the leaker. This was done in order to sniff out copycats, however there was also a particularly trolly comment on one of his own screenshots indicating he's also a big jerk.

Specifically, the parts about Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men, and DLC including ICs, Wolf, and Lucas were confirmed false by the leaker's own admission. This doesn't deconfirm any of those characters yet since we're not sure we've seen the entire roster. Just keep it in mind that Shulk's inclusion does not prove the leak "100% true," because part of it is intentionally false. I fear there are a lot of people who will forget this and be very disappointed when the game comes out...

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
The only thing he fabricated was the dlc. Everything else is footage from the same video. but at this point if you don't believe it you wont and will keep saying its still not confirmed.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The only thing he fabricated was the dlc. Everything else is footage from the same video. but at this point if you don't believe it you wont and will keep saying its still not confirmed.
Careful, I think you're confusing me for one of the people you've been arguing with! I believe the leak, but only the parts that have been visually confirmed.

Have images of Mewtwo surfaced? I stopped watching the thread for a while, just popped in after seeing Shulk.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Not really.
Careful, I think you're confusing me for one of the people you've been arguing with! I believe the leak, but only the parts that have been visually confirmed.

Have images of Mewtwo surfaced? I stopped watching the thread for a while, just popped in after seeing Shulk.
Not really directed towards anyone it was pretty general.
No characters other than the ones on the initial leaked roster.

Top Bottom