• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

Nintendo_Addict

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5124-4980
I'll be honest though.. I'm really going to have a hard time getting over the Ice Climbers not being in the game. It will probably bother me constantly, no matter how amazing the game might be. I.. just don't know what to say. I'm really going to miss those two. I almost feel as though the game is incomplete without them, as ridiculous as that may sound.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
They may still be in the game imo.
I find it weird they would use their enemy (The polar bear) and just strip them from the game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Y'all are dumb lol

Dr Mario, lucina, and dark pit are all alt costumes that only have a separate roster slot because of slight variations in move mechanics. They took no additional development time and are not taking away anyone else's spot on the roster.

Evilmagic101

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty sure we'll get a 3DS update with a few characters that are still going through balancing when the Wii U version releases. There's no really other reason for them to not have a release date on the Wii U version at this point unless they're not sure how long its going to take.

Eleventy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eleventyseventy
3DS FC
4828-5212-8645
I'm excited for today's POTD just to see whether Sakurai will react.

"Pic of the day. Here's Lucina and Charizard fighting on the Yoshi Island stage, a returning stage from Super Smash Bros. Melee."

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
Lets all hope Dr. Mario's down special is Mario Tornado because that damn F.L.U.D.D (even though Mario sunshine is one of my favorite mario games) is super annoying and useless, and there are 3 versions of the damn thing! If doc is an exact clone then the salt will be real.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Honestly, I don't think Sakurai with bring up the leak at all. It'd come off either rude to call out people to fans who know nothing of it or it'd give too many spoilers to people who only check the official website. I don't think we'll get anything more than just the usual post and maybe a character in a week or two.

D

Deleted member

Speak for yourself. I care WAY more about Shulk than all those characters combined. For me the leak being true is like my team is now the reigning 5 times in a row superbowl champs with five straight 19-0 undefeated seasons without giving up a single field goal or touchdown all season long. I'm sorry those characters aren't in it for the sake of others, but your analogy logic fails because you assume I'm not excited about Shulk just because you aren't.
Congratulations on getting what you want. You are not the only person who matters. I'm perfectly okay with any new characters that are added to Smash. The more the merrier. Shulk being in is the good part of the leak. However, the possibility of characters getting removed is annoying because there is no reason for it. That is why this leak being true would not be a good thing for a lot of people.

Last edited by a moderator:

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
Y'all are dumb lol

Dr Mario, lucina, and dark pit are all alt costumes that only have a separate roster slot because of slight variations in move mechanics. They took no additional development time and are not taking away anyone else's spot on the roster.
But they take up the limited space of the 3DS screen. When you can't fit any more slots on the 3DS version, that's it...no more characters. So they do take up roster spots that could have gone to other characters.

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
GODDAMMIT I missed it. :c

Nintendo havn't removed any leaks but this one, so I think it's legit.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Smashboards I wish you would stop posting new's stories about leaks.

As the "premium" smash forum provider I feel this is a bit low brow, and beside's that I am willing to bet a dollar all the leaks are fake anyway. Screencap me I ain't scared.
NO ONE MADE U CLICK TO OPEN

Raido

Smash Apprentice
But they take up the limited space of the 3DS screen. When you can't fit any more slots on the 3DS version, that's it...no more characters. So they do take up roster spots that could have gone to other characters.
That's total BS. They don't take away much more space than skins. The difference between Dr. Mario as a skin and a character on his own is minimal. And with that logic you could also complain about EVERYTHING in the game taking space away. Stages, throphies, Items, everything. So no, it doesn't take roster spots away.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Um, yeah I've tried all Fire Emblem characters I could and you've missed my point. Marth Roy and Lucina all have the same moveset, they're clones, but different characters. Mario and Dr. Mario have the same moveset AND they're the same character. Therefore: I don't think Mario with a white coat deserves his own slot. I dunno, maybe they made him more different so he can be more relatable to Zelda and Shiek or Samus and Zamus, but if Dr. Mario is just like how he was in Melee I'll be pretty dissapointed. Maybe he'll have a new Down-B?
How do you figure that? The pills have different angle and bounce properties. Marios left and right air attacks will hit the opponent down while Dr. Mario's will hit them in an upward angle. Their cape speed is different as well as recovery time, getting hit with mario's down B is easier to DI out of while Dr. Mario's down B is harder to DI out of from hit stun. I could go on and on but you get my point I'm trying to make. If Dr. Mario is a perfect clone of Mario with different colors then so is Lucina, Marth, Roy, Ike by your logic.
Sir, Dr. Mario IS MARIO. They are not different characters, they are literally the same person. Lucina, Marth and Ike are all extremely unique characters from a franchise that still is not as beloved as it should be. Clearly you have never played ANY fire emblem game in your life so I would appreciate it if you would not insult a franchise I love by calling these characters "lol Marth x 3 if Dr. mario is just Mario with different colors"

I'm not going to argue about the clone stuff because yes, Dr. Mario is a clone of Mario just as Dark Pit is a clone of Pit, Toon Link is a clone of Link and Lucina is a clone of Marth in this game. Dr. Mario, on the other hand, isn't JUST a clone, he is LITERALLY THE SAME PERSON AS MARIO. Would you really be happy with a game that has Mario x3 (Cause Luigi is just Mario recolored like Lucina right? Lol).

I'm sorry I got angry. I just really love fire emblem and don't appreciate you knocking a game you clearly haven't bothered to play.

My 3DS is sitting next to my bed with awakening in it and I was playing fire emblem on game boy advance before you were old enough to drink beer. My opinion still doesn't change.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
LISTEN. Marth, Lucina, and Roy (stop saying Ike he doesn't even have the same moveset) are all not the same person. Dr. Mario is Mario with a doctor's coat. That is my problem. I'm fine with clones that are different people like Falco and Fox. Dr. Mario to me is if you put an apron and chef hat on Donkey Kong and said "WARNING! NEWCOMER! Here comes Chef Donkey Kong!" Sure Dr. Mario has different properties or whatever but such a small change does not deserve his own roster slot, he should have been a costume like in Project M. I'm just saying if you're ganna have the same person on the roster twice they better be as different in playability as Zelda and Shiek.
The fire emblem fanboyism is amazing on this board. You said Dr. Mario should be as different as Zelda and Shiek. Please explain to moe how the fire emblem characters are different compared to Zelda, Shiek.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
leak is real. I am SUPER disappointed. No sukapon, no king k. rool. :cry:

If it is true that duck hunt dog carries a duck on his back that aids with certain attacks and it work similar to how banjo-kazooie would work than my sadness will fade.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
3 Facts why its a fake.

1. Toon-Link is a clone too. Why isn't he side by side to the other '' clones '' like Darkpit, Lucina or Dr. Mario ???

2. After the victory in the video you can see Yoshi in the home run contest area. Usually you go back to the rooster and NOT in the home run contest area. The source is the same like the fake rooster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eH1JfkkPw&list=UUsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ

3. Duck Hunter as a playable character? Come on its a joke o.o. He is just a Dog !
No offense but that's ignorant

Tabuhli

Smash Rookie
Everyone's making a fuss about the characters, but what I'm really concerned about is the stages. If the stages from brawl are mixed in with the new stages, I will be extremely disapointed. Giving Mario 4 new stages while Kirby and Metroid have a whopping zero, is just flat out bad game design.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
Do you forget that "other characters" would've taken up a large amount of development time? Time that they probably didn't have.
The clones didn't take as much time for obvious reasons, and are nice little additions to the already great roster. Please don't be one of those "THEY TOOK THE SLOT AWAY FROM MY FAVORITE CHARACTER(S)" kind of person.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
As the 3DS can only be played by one person at a time, there is no reason as to why there couldn't be a "toggle" type screen. Exactly like the Mii Fighters, for that matter. So again, people who state that the screen real estate is the limiting factor, it doesn't really have to be. At least for the 3DS version.

That said, should the leak be real, we already have just about every character from Brawl and just about all from Melee, plus a good dozen more. I remember playing Smash 64 with 12 characters and still loved it.

So yeah.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The fire emblem fanboyism is amazing on this board. You said Dr. Mario should be as different as Zelda and Shiek. Please explain to moe how the fire emblem characters are different compared to Zelda, Shiek.
I don't wanna be mean but I'm honestly bewildered how youre not getting this... I'll put it as simply as I can.
Fox - Falco: Same Moveset, Different Characters
Marth - Roy - Lucina: Same Moveset, Different Characters
Zelda - Shiek: Different Movesets, Same Character
Samus - Zamus: Different Movesets, Same Character
Mario - Dr. Mario: Same Moveset - Same Character
Therefore were not getting much different except bounce properties and it all feels like a waste of time and not worth even the minimal effort. I think the Dr should have been nothing more than a costume. Since he is in, I hope he has completely new moves different from Mario's. Maybe his Side-B can be launching the viruses or something, I don't know, I'm just going to be upset if he is like he was in Melee cause it's just dumb.

Xandercage

Smash Rookie
Has anyone mentioned that Bowser Jr's UPSpecial is pretty much the exact same as Diddy's? The clown ship even explodes just like Diddy's jetpack. To me it looks like Bowser Jr is a clone of Diddy. Not sure if that discredits the leak or proves that we are getting another cross series (DK to Mario) clone like Capt. Falcon to Ganondorf.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
I don't wanna be mean but I'm honestly bewildered how youre not getting this... I'll put it as simply as I can.
Fox - Falco: Same Moveset, Different Characters
Marth - Roy - Lucina: Same Moveset, Different Characters
Zelda - Shiek: Different Movesets, Same Character
Samus - Zamus: Different Movesets, Same Character
Mario - Dr. Mario: Same Moveset - Same Character
Therefore were not getting much different except bounce properties and it all feels like a waste of time and not worth even the minimal effort. I think the Dr should have been nothing more than a costume. Since he is in, I hope he has completely new moves different from Mario's. Maybe his Side-B can be launching the viruses or something, I don't know, I'm just going to be upset if he is like he was in Melee cause it's just dumb.
Your rage for Dr. Mario makes me want to main him.

Frank Ploegmakers

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of bowser Jr in the clown car! And the dog hunt dog is soo nostalgic, im happy about it and will be happier if he has an interesting moveset!

I hope the leak is real and im pretty sure of it thanks to the videos.
Can't wait to see all the characters, because if i'm correct, this isn't the full roster yet.

BUT ALL THE GUYS SAYING TO WAIT UNTILL 3 OCTOBER. JAPANESE RELEASE IS 13 SEPTEMBER. so we will know soon enough what the full roster is. So we only have to wait 20 days^^

But i hope there will a direct soon that will 100% confirm these leaks.
Although im 90% sure, but you never know with sakurai!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Mind some former semi-clones may now be alt costumes.

My best guess at the five remaining ....

Mewtwo
Ridley
Ice Climbers
???
???

Wolf - Fox Alt
Lucas - Ness Alt
Can I have a side order of Pichu as a Pikachu costume?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Your rage for Dr. Mario makes me want to main him.
Rage? I'm still buying the game happily and all that. More like annoyance, he's just kinda redundant. But yeah, main him, maybe someday we can smash and I can beat ya with Duck Hunt Dog or Villager.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I am placing my bets that this was staged. Watch the next newcomer reveal be someone completely unexpected due to all of this like K. Rool or Isaac. Or a veteran having different artwork. Sakurai could become greatest troll of all time, and I think this is a possibility.

Ilovetwewy

Smash Rookie
Has anyone mentioned that Bowser Jr's UPSpecial is pretty much the exact same as Diddy's? The clown ship even explodes just like Diddy's jetpack. To me it looks like Bowser Jr is a clone of Diddy. Not sure if that discredits the leak or proves that we are getting another cross series (DK to Mario) clone like Capt. Falcon to Ganondorf.
lol wut

joomragre

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming that there are 5 more characters left to unlock from the roster select screen.

There's still a long shot for your favorite characters.

Mind some former semi-clones may now be alt costumes.

My best guess at the five remaining ....

Mewtwo
Ridley
Ice Climbers
???
???

Wolf - Fox Alt
Lucas - Ness Alt
Assuming we do get 5 more, here's hoping for Dr.Luigi! Jkjk but although I'd love mewtwo I'd want them to get rid of lucario in his place, Ridley would be great as a heavy, ice climbers probably won't be back this time around so I'd nominate maybe wonder red although I haven't played wonderful 101. I'd give dixie kong a spot because she's part of Nintendo history along with diddy and part of the updated dk franchise. And for the last slot I'd love rayman right next to mega man,pacman, and sonic

Last edited:

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice
I am placing my bets that this was staged. Watch the next newcomer reveal be someone completely unexpected due to all of this like K. Rool or Isaac. Or a veteran having different artwork. Sakurai could become greatest troll of all time, and I think this is a possibility.
So... let me get this straight...

You think Sakurai, a respected developer hired by a reputable company for their big holiday game... had time to develop two characters he did not intend to put in the game, doctor up fake screenshots, make fake videos, and develop an elaborate leak conspiracy?

Game development can be grueling, particularly during the last few months. I would imagine that Sakurai has very limited free time at the moment, and considering that he's a grown ass man, I'm guessing he has better things to do than create elaborate hoaxes.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
So... let me get this straight...

You think Sakurai, a respected developer hired by a reputable company for their big holiday game... had time to develop two characters he did not intend to put in the game, doctor up fake screenshots, make fake videos, and develop an elaborate leak conspiracy?

Game development can be grueling, particularly during the last few months. I would imagine that Sakurai has very limited free time at the moment, and considering that he's a grown *** man, I'm guessing he has better things to do than create elaborate hoaxes.
I'm not saying that is the case. I'm throwing ideas out there. Don't get so salty about it. Sakurai has been known to be a huge troll, so he could've had one of his team members make these fake leaks. It's most likely not right, but these forums are meant for speculation.

CreAtor135

Smash Cadet
Lel. You guys are way too quickly to jump to the real bus and make rude comments such as "*** u samurai ridley dr mario nd dark pit arnt good roster is disapyoting". However, there is stiIl possibility that this is all fake. You use the copyright strikes as validity but maybe Nintendo doesn't want them spreading false info. Just because videos and pictures were taken in sh****-44p, you see that as confirmation. You're forgetting we've seen all of this before. Potds have shown off these screens but you think that these are real because they look like they were taken on a camera at an esrb screening, but there's no way something like this could've gotten past security. Esrb hasn't had a security breach in 20 years. Then you say there is video evidence. Well We've seen 3ds battle footage. Nintendo Treehouse is indeed a thing. There are many resources that this leak could've based off of. And once again. PHOTOSHOP EXISTS. All of this is very possible to edit. And of course he'd make the video and these screenshots look like they were taken with a potato. Anyone can do that. Don't be so quick to judge. The game drops in two weeks and some change. (Japan). If I'm wrong, I got btfo'd. If I'm right, obviously this kid has talent. And you guys should stop bashing Sakurai. I will agree though. Some of this looks very real. But nothing is set in stone.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
No, just no. If you cared to look at it a second time, you would see that it's nothing like Diddy's. He tips upside-down and drops a cannonball, shoots upward, and the cannonball drops and explodes. Very unique

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Lel. You guys are way too quickly to jump to the real bus and make rude comments such as "*** u samurai ridley dr mario nd dark pit arnt good roster is disapyoting". However, there is stiIl possibility that this is all fake. You use the copyright strikes as validity but maybe Nintendo doesn't want them spreading false info. Just because videos and pictures were taken in sh****-44p, you see that as confirmation. You're forgetting we've seen all of this before. Potds have shown off these screens but you think that these are real because they look like they were taken on a camera at an esrb screening, but there's no way something like this could've gotten past security. Esrb hasn't had a security breach in 20 years. Then you say there is video evidence. Well We've seen 3ds battle footage. Nintendo Treehouse is indeed a thing. There are many resources that this leak could've based off of. And once again. PHOTOSHOP EXISTS. All of this is very possible to edit. And of course he'd make the video and these screenshots look like they were taken with a potato. Anyone can do that. Don't be so quick to judge. The game drops in two weeks and some change. (Japan). If I'm wrong, I got btfo'd. If I'm right, obviously this kid has talent. And you guys should stop bashing Sakurai. I will agree though. Some of this looks very real. But nothing is set in stone.
Everything is set in stone. It was an employee of NoA that leaked, not ESRB. No, you simply cannot "edit" entirely new models with new animations, regardless of the resolution used to record it. People are just super salty, that is all.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
Everything is set in stone. It was an employee of NoA that leaked, not ESRB. No, you simply cannot "edit" entirely new models with new animations, regardless of the resolution used to record it. People are just super salty, that is all.
The NoA employee thing is a rumour. Know you're facts before you post.

Top Bottom