• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Vid, Vs Link

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, nothing special... All I see is a video with annoying audio of a person being acting cool... No Luke's Bowser though...

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
hm...of a person being acting cool. tisk tisk grammar. if you think i was trying to act cool, then no. thats me. luke is alot funnier then me, but thats probably cuz he talks as he plays. i wasnt playing.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
That was...underwhelming.

Honestly, that Link was horrible. Not to mention you're not such hotstuff yourself. ;)

MxGm

Smash Cadet
I personally like the video. ''BOOM! Oh man I'm nice.'' That made my day.
Anyway,the guy playing Link uses a lot of Gale Boomerangs, though. You could easily punish him using Fsmash when the Boomerang comes back and it pushes you towards him.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I would love to!!!!

But wait...I don't have a Wii, nor do I care for Wi-fi.

You can go ahead and check out my (Offline) tourney videos though, until I find myself a Wii. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s4dEW5xvqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ5IuHyXCQQ

Note: I won the set, btw, the third video is uploaded but it's only audio. The guy used Marth again in the 3rd match.

Note 2: Also, I already know I can beat you. This is because 1. By watching somebody, you can usually tell at least when they have little to no skill and 2. You have little skill.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
dotdotdot.

wi-fi is a joke. if you beat someone on wi-fi, you've merely proven you can beat someone on wi-fi. whoopdie-friggin'-doo.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I don't "Think" I can beat you. I "Know" I can beat you.

I'll choose any character and I'll beat you, no problem. Not unless you start training before the time comes (Which I doubt, because Wi-fi is pretty icky ;P). Go train go! We need more good Ikes, not garbage Wi-fi warriors (Like you are now.)

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'm not really trash-talking. I'm stating fact. But note that I also gave him encouragement! ^_^

Seriously, as I said before in a Sonic thread, don't flatter people when they tell you to critique them. Sure, mine was more "I'm better than you" than critique, but I did tell him to get better. That's what the Ike forum is for. Tough love. ;)

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
JonaDiaper, your wisdom is endless.

Honestly, way to go change your own topic into "Hey, let's try to insult Nyjin with lame lines!"

Note that I never insulted anything but your skill with Ike, which was the point of the thread that YOU made. Go ahead and trash-talk me with corny and underwhelming insults. :)

P.S. No, you can't beat me. I no doubt have more experience than you, however if you DO comb through the forums and continue training you will become better.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Alright here, lets try not to have a flame war here. -.-... But thats all I'm saying.

I'll say this: That last spike was nice. Otherwise yea that Link wasn't the greatest Link in the world. Link can gimp Ike pretty easily with his ledge stall. Heck he can gimp anyone who HAS to recover to the ledge. ;) Watching Izaw's Link tutorial video comes in handy.

Also two things to denote that. that Link was not good. He never used DAC cause that has a ridiculous distance for Link. And neither used bow canceling either. Both are AT's of Link.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I honestly doubt we'll ever play Jona, so we'll probably never know.

Wii Vs Ps3

Which one to get? Anywho, you can stop with the flaming now. :)

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I don't see how my join date correlates with my skill but...let me break down your statement.

"join date? aka you joined cuz of brawl making you a brawl noob?"

This is what you posted, and it's wrong because of:

1. We aren't relating our skills in Melee/64, therefore the fact that I joined because of Brawl doesn't mean anything.

2. Brawl noob is as lame/weak of an insult as insulting my mother.

3. Just because you joined a FORUM before mean in no way represents that your skill is better than mine. This is BRAWL, we're not posting up videos of how awesome our Smashboards posts are.

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
What? The part about Elitism and not ruining the experience for others?

First off, I'm not being an elitist. I honestly believe I'm better than you, based on from what I see. You probably have only recently started playing Ike, yes? Or perhaps it was the Wi-fi lag? Either way, it's what I believe. If I was trying to be "1337" I wouldn't be trying to help you.

And, no, I'm not ruining your experience. You asked people to watch your video and give their thoughts, and I gave you honest (My opinion).

Train more, and find some better opponents so your skill will appear better to people. You have potential, you weren't as bad as most Ikes I see post up Wi-fi videos.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
This is what I love about the Ike boards. Fighting over who's better instead of helping others. On Topic : Work on using Ike's less laggy attacks, such as Neutral Air, Back Air, and Neutral A combo. Some attacks you could have punished the lag easily with forward tilts or even forward smashes, so watch out for that as well.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i was talkin about the all brawl players are noobs part. aka you apparently, i just play brawl a few times a month. melee melee melee. try getting good at that buddy.

Top Bottom