• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

Shroomed

Smash Master
i don't care what place they took, i know how good waffles and kfc are

you still shoulda got out of pools if you want to be good
why do you say that like i should've easily beaten them? and they're not bad at all

just play me so i can take ur money and you can shut up

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
LMAO, why do you think Tier position depicts character status?

Peach is the 5th character on the tier list, and theres like 3 active Peach Mains in Norcal.

Marth is 4th, and he has like Ky and Mike666.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
why do you say that like i should've easily beaten them? and they're not bad at all

just play me so i can take ur money and you can shut up
no, you posted like having them in your pool is an excuse not to make it out. if someone asks you why you didn't make it out of pools, saying you had like lunin and lucky in it that would be a good excuse.

plus i probably would easily beat both.

the point is, you post like you're good when you're not good because you're not one of the best players in a region that isn't good and hardly plays the game, knawmsayin

and not only are you not one of the best, you're not close to one of the best, so i know i'd **** you. so when we do mm and i win we can look back on this and laugh and then we can be friends ;)

Shroomed

Smash Master
no, you posted like having them in your pool is an excuse not to make it out. if someone asks you why you didn't make it out of pools, saying you had like lunin and lucky in it that would be a good excuse.

plus i probably would easily beat both.

the point is, you post like you're good when you're not good because you're not one of the best players in a region that isn't good and hardly plays the game, knawmsayin

and not only are you not one of the best, you're not close to one of the best, so i know i'd **** you. so when we do mm and i win we can look back on this and laugh and then we can be friends ;)
after our money match i'll treat you to lunch with some of the money i take from you mk?

The___cheese

Smash Lord
If shroomed isn't one of the best people in norcal, then there must be goblins hiding in caves that are better than SS.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I have a proposition for any that are interested. The first person who can beat Pink Shinobi in a money match will receive their winnings from the match PLUS 5 DOLLARS from my own pocket. Now that may not seem like much, but if you win a 5 dollar money match you've just doubled your earnings. This doesn't apply to tournament matches and Pink Shinobi has the right to refuse any match (not that he would).

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Don't get too confident shroomed. I'm not putting my money on Pink Shinobi for nothing you know. :)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
If shroomed isn't one of the best people in norcal, then there must be goblins hiding in caves that are better than SS.
Yea me and SS been training small SS juniors to do our work... We put those TV in the Bart Station Caves and they play all days until they finally beat either me or SS. Once that they can come out of the caves and prove to norcal that they are insane beasts at Melee.

Also u should take this serious cause two of these people **** norcal besides me, Zhu, and SS.

There names are HMW and PHIL!!

Truth be known.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i hope hmw got about five times better from the last time i played him or your statements are dubious at best

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lets put it this way if norcal had a PR he would be up there...
considering i played him 2 months ago, he would've had to have improved significantly more than me in the same time period

i'm kind of skeptical of it, considering socal just plays the game more in general (meaning i've had a lot more practice).

don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to bash on hmw -- he's a cool dude and i like his doc -- but i don't think he's as good as you think he is

Miztik

Smash Master
no i know your not bashing him at all and i know about when you 2 played he said they were close

but he did get 4th at zhu's tourney with only 1 member of socal placing higher than him (lucky) but its not just a few ppl saying he has hella improved its basically all of Norcal

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
1. what was his bracket

2. that's easy to write off due to matchups / home field advantage. atlus and tofu both imed me after asking how to play the matchup, and i was like wtf, falco ***** doc -- you just play doc like you normally play falco, and falco just *****. the chances are they just overthought the matchup and buried themselves; worse come to worse next time all they have to do is camp, **** doc's shield and win easily

3. yes, credit goes to hmw for being a smart enough player to even have that advantage, but against me anyway he won't have such an advantage so remember that my posts are coming from my own perspective. i'm not gonna be dumb enough to fall into those traps because i too am a smart player and i have a decent grasp on how to play doc.

even zhu admits socal's talent level (and talent base) is a lot larger than norcal, so if hmw was ever a permanent resident in socal i doubt you'd ever see him do that well, because ALL of our players are really good and you have to have all your matchups on lock. in norcal it's not close to the same.

Miztik

Smash Master
In his pool he 2-0 everyone except KFC he 2-1'd and in his pool was HBIC, Replicate, Shroomed, Lord

in the bracket he beat FLY and Atlus lost to Lunin and zhu

also in those match ups doc normally wouldnt have a chance against any of them and still pulled it off

and yea i know socal its at a whole other lvl when it comes to talent but he still proved him self against most of the socal melee community

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2379

^^^^tourney page

Zoap

Smash Master
3. yes, credit goes to hmw for being a smart enough player to even have that advantage, but against me anyway he won't have such an advantage so remember that my posts are coming from my own perspective. i'm not gonna be dumb enough to fall into those traps because i too am a smart player and i have a decent grasp on how to play doc.
Neighborhood P you lost to Mike666 Marth vs Sheik, please dont talk about matchups -.-;;;.
even zhu admits socal's talent level (and talent base) is a lot larger than norcal, so if hmw was ever a permanent resident in socal i doubt you'd ever see him do that well, because ALL of our players are really good and you have to have all your matchups on lock. in norcal it's not close to the same.
And Zhu also said Ken had never seen Pillaring like his, and that SS camps him(Falco) on FD (With Falcon).

Naota21t

Smash Champion
but jeff does dash dance camp.

you can't do ****. if you try to move, he'll see it coming and ****.

if you don't do anything, then he'll just come to you and ****.

it's just **** regardless. **** jeff

Zoap

Smash Master
Ok but Zhu seems to forget, and I quote Phil

"You have a gun with UNLIMITED bullets"

There is no johns for getting camped as Falco by Falcon on FD.

And since we're talking about quoting ppl. Jeff on Lucky:

"I dunno, he is just another fox."

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
replicate's not good (sorry joe)

he has a ton of experience v choknator's ics (and i'd probably put chok's ics > than fly's, even though it's been quite a while since i've played chok's, but his ics ****)

plus like i said home field advantage (i.e. long car rides, little sleep, comfort factor)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
zoap $100 mm

well it's pretty inarguable socal >>>> norcal, obv norcal isn't going to be convinced by that, but i don't care anyway. i'll just go on record saying i **** hmw and i'll mm him any amount too :)

nothing personal

Top Bottom