• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

Miztik

Smash Master
zoap $100 mm

well it's pretty inarguable socal >>>> norcal, obv norcal isn't going to be convinced by that, but i don't care anyway. i'll just go on record saying i **** hmw and i'll mm him any amount too :)

nothing personal
i think socal is only greater than norcal because of Mango, Lucky, and ken other than that Socal<Norcal

replicate's not good (sorry joe)

he has a ton of experience v choknator's ics (and i'd probably put chok's ics > than fly's, even though it's been quite a while since i've played chok's, but his ics ****)

plus like i said home field advantage (i.e. long car rides, little sleep, comfort factor)

and who cares about IC experince you said Socal is better than norcal and he beat socal

also you cant use that homefield advantage crap let alone car rides sleep and all that cuz Zhus tourney was on Sunday they came up friday they had plenty of time to sleep

am i right?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i have add and i got bored after a while

so i'll just say that you're really bad at this game so everything you say has to be taken with a grain of salt

that's why you're wrong

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Why am I getting the feeling neighborhood p is bad at this game lol

So arrogant
Eh, I wouldnt say hes bad at it, its just that whole "Im not going to lose" vibe.

I've been subject to it as well.

Honestly, hes toying with everyone on these boards, and only those who A) can play the game as well as him (the mental game, not smash) or B) people who are backed by a fair amount of legit people, can beat him.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
Everyone just ignore P...

I mean seriously from socal, everyone says he sucks why talk to someone or argue with someone that sucks at melee?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
falcomist is just mad i called his marth sloppy

it's ridiculously sloppy though, not my fault

falcomist $5 mm marth on falco and sheik on falco

no need to lie though, pretty sure no one from socal would say i suck cause that would mean a) they haven't played me recently, or b) they're acknowledging they suck since only two people from socal can **** me

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
P, I would easily **** you as I know the peach vs sheik and shiek vs sheik match ups like the back og my hand.

Everyone in norcal says you suck. You do, dont you?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
probably. you should money match me to find out.

i'm the only sucky player in melee who isn't scared to put his money where his mouth is. who wouldn't want free money?

unfortunately people in socal don't like to money match

anyway, i think when i was in norcal i destroyed miztik in a money match so it's hard for me to take him seriously, know what i mean. i mean miztik knows he's really bad, so that's kind of the joke

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Then come up to norcal and lets MM, in actuality, I have more than enough money to throw away. But since you're offering up free money, i'll be glad to take it from you.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
alright. we'll have to mm a lot then:

my marth your sheik
my marth your peach
my fox your sheik
my fox your peach
my sheik your sheik
my sheik your peach

$5 each ok?

seriously no backing out either, i don't care if i four stock you every match, you gotta do all of em. and vice versa.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
falcomist is just mad i called his marth sloppy

it's ridiculously sloppy though, not my fault

falcomist $5 mm marth on falco and sheik on falco

no need to lie though, pretty sure no one from socal would say i suck cause that would mean a) they haven't played me recently, or b) they're acknowledging they suck since only two people from socal can **** me
yea yea say that after u beat me in a tourney match?

and everyone knows I dont MM.

U called my marth sloppy? Why would I care? you making assumptions? LoL ur a good laugh ^^.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Im down P, I dont usually MM, but this seems fun.

But of course, you have to exist in norcal at some point in time. You usally dont.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
LMAO you don't money match? makes it kind of easy to talk then, doesn't it?

why wouldn't you money match if you're soooooooo much better than me?

i know you're good, and hey, you might be better than me, but i play for competition no. 1, so i'd money match silent spectre even. and underestimating me just makes it easier for me to beat you. i can guarantee i'm much better than you seem to think i am though, so maybe you do have it right in not money matching.

rosedemon, the past two times i was gonna go to norcal (again), bad luck ***** my life and it failed. but next time socal comes up (if ever), i'm down, or the next time i'm in berkeley to visit my sister, again, i'm down. don't worry, i live by the phrase my word and my balls are all i have -- i don't back out. word is bond.

EDIT: and falcomist, if your marth ever beat me in tournament i would quit the game. i hope it's better than mango's and lucky's...

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace

i know you're good, and hey, you might be better than me, but i play for competition no. 1, so i'd money match silent spectre even. and underestimating me just makes it easier for me to beat you. i can guarantee i'm much better than you seem to think i am though, so maybe you do have it right in not money matching.

rosedemon, the past two times i was gonna go to norcal (again), bad luck ***** my life and it failed. but next time socal comes up (if ever), i'm down, or the next time i'm in berkeley to visit my sister, again, i'm down. don't worry, i live by the phrase my word and my balls are all i have -- i don't back out. word is bond.

EDIT: and falcomist, if your marth ever beat me in tournament i would quit the game
Only reason I dont MM cause I just like having fun play friendlies, hanging out with the community, and do stupid stuff and kill myself in the process.

I like competition in tourneys but thats about it.

Miztik

Smash Master
anyway, i think when i was in norcal i destroyed miztik in a money match so it's hard for me to take him seriously, know what i mean. i mean miztik knows he's really bad, so that's kind of the joke
P are you fuckin ********? we never played that MM we had in fact ive only seen you once and we never played we were gunna mm but we couldnt cuz pools started at the NUB and once those got going we had no time to play so i dont know what the hell your talkin about saying you destroyed me get your facts straight before saying some dumb shit like that

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
miztik, the fact that you object to us money matching when we may or may not have, but you don't object to the fact that you suck proves my point. so thanks.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion

EDIT: and falcomist, if your marth ever beat me in tournament i would quit the game. i hope it's better than mango's and lucky's...
I dont money match for moral reason, same reason I dont arm wrestle. Im not out to prove im better than this person, nor do I care. Hence why I play Peach.

But then again, why do you have this notion that I might be better than you? Im fairly certain you've never heard of me, and that you no me only from the crew mates.

Hell, im certain half the people i've played at tournys remember me. For instance: Falcomist, who am I, and when was the last time you played me?

But I digress, you're notorious for judging a book by its cover (or should I say a player by its character) yet you seem to back down from a sturdy challenge. Is it because I played the same game you did, and you feel intimated? Please dont let it be that, you were just starting to get interesting.

Miztik

Smash Master
wtf give it up...and if i suck so much why do you waste time pointing that out...

and Falcomist would destroy you if he has a sloppy marth your shiek is disgusting

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I dont money match for moral reason, same reason I dont arm wrestle. Im not out to prove im better than this person, nor do I care. Hence why I play Peach.

But then again, why do you have this notion that I might be better than you? Im fairly certain you've never heard of me, and that you no me only from the crew mates.

Hell, im certain half the people i've played at tournys remember me. For instance: Falcomist, who am I, and when was the last time you played me?

But I digress, you're notorious for judging a book by its cover (or should I say a player by its character) yet you seem to back down from a sturdy challenge. Is it because I played the same game you did, and you feel intimated? Please dont let it be that, you were just starting to get interesting.
half my post was in response to falcomist good sir

i don't think you're better than me. why do you think i would like so many mms?

when did i back down from anything? did we not just agree to six money matches? you're confusing me.

miztik: because you keep giving me ammo. i have time to waste, unfortunately. don't worry, i'm working on that.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
But wait, you just admitted that you'd money match SS if you wanted. So why do you pick on someone who you think you're better than?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
yea.... norcal (i mean miztik) stop listening to him.

he's delusional, especially after saying how he thinks falcomist isn't better then him.

chyea....

Shroomed

Smash Master
I think I cud beat every1 here cept falcomist jus sayin

Btw P ur whatever the **** you want vs my doc $10 each?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
But wait, you just admitted that you'd money match SS if you wanted. So why do you pick on someone who you think you're better than?
for money?

the thing is, players like naota and miztik are obviously so bad at melee that they think the skill level of players like falcomist is unattainable, that he just can't lose to someone they haven't heard of and haven't played. that makes me laugh. scrub mentality ftw.

there are a ton of east coast players you've never heard of who are good, and you won't see me going into ec threads talking about how i **** blues or lord knight or chinesahhh. you should afford people the same respect when they come from known areas of quality (i.e. florida, socal, md/va, ny). unfortunately norcal is not that same area of hubub for quality smash, so i'm much more confident in my chances.

or you can just not take my word for it and just money match me and prove me wrong (which is my point)

Miztik

Smash Master
wait a min i never said nor thought falcomist skill level is unattainable your just not at his lvl thats all and everyone in socal has my respect i know how good they are i also know how good ec and etc are and i respect all of them

and i have heard of you but your the only person that ive ever seen say that you were good

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
for money?

the thing is, players like naota and miztik are obviously so bad at melee that they think the skill level of players like falcomist is unattainable, that he just can't lose to someone they haven't heard of and haven't played. that makes me laugh. scrub mentality ftw.

there are a ton of east coast players you've never heard of who are good, and you won't see me going into ec threads talking about how i **** blues or lord knight or chinesahhh. you should afford people the same respect when they come from known areas of quality (i.e. florida, socal, md/va, ny). unfortunately norcal is not that same area of hubub for quality smash, so i'm much more confident in my chances.

or you can just not take my word for it and just money match me and prove me wrong (which is my point)
I take it you often dont practice what you preach.

Of course, I cant say my crew has had the best record of proving people wrong, but Shroomed was a different case. He managed to beat a fair amount of people no one thought he could be (read:Darkatma). Those he coulndt beat, he got better and beat (read:Julien). And while I cant say we're the ****, when we go somewhere, we usually leave an impression (read:T__C beating tofu and KingGerudo almost beating Zhu). Socal doesnt seem all that hot when you start realizing you got Ganon mains getting beat by Peaches (read:petoo0) and when they're playing sheik, they getting beat by another shiek who didnt even L-cancel/wavedash (read:petoo0)

Point is - you're devaluing those around you based on your own personal opinions, regradless of what anyone else has to say. Tisk Tisk.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
yes or no P?
no, you said $20 in an earlier thread so that's what we're doing

when i win though, we can do fox v doc and marth v doc for $10 each to give you a chance to win your money back though

wait a min i never said nor thought falcomist skill level is unattainable your just not at his lvl thats all and everyone in socal has my respect i know how good they are i also know how good ec and etc are and i respect all of them

and i have heard of you but your the only person that ive ever seen say that you were good
that's what you can't understand: you're not good enough to know how good other people are. LMAO @ you thinking you know how good ec is and etc. I keep up with results, I watch all vids, I study the game. I don't think that makes me god at this game, but I do think it makes me much more informed than the average player (like you).

Naota21t

Smash Champion
its not that i don't believe that ppl can be as good as falcomist. i'm just saying from what i've seen and heard, i'm fairly confident that falcomist would beat you.

i'm not saying you suck, i know you're pretty decent, i just think falcomist is better.

and i don't see how being good at melee is a 100% representation of what you know about smash and its community.

being better at smash =/= knowing more about the community.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
its not that i don't believe that ppl can be as good as falcomist. i'm just saying from what i've seen and heard, i'm fairly confident that falcomist would beat you.

i'm not saying you suck, i know you're pretty decent, i just think falcomist is better.

and i don't see how being good at melee is a 100% representation of what you know about smash and its community.

being better at smash =/= knowing more about the community.
naota, i know more about the game than i am good at it. the combination of that is what makes me so confident / cocky, for better or for worse.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
that might be true, but if thats the case, then you don't follow what you preach at all.

sure, you might be better then miztik, but just because of that doesn't make you right about everything. especially on who is better then who. its all opinion on that subject.

and its just our opinion, that falcomist would beat you. deal w/ it

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
and i know i'm cockier than i am good at the game, too. and again, that's part of the point too. i want to create that atmosphere of no johns, of total accountability when you're playing me (and i'm playing you), because we're playing for keeps. we're playing to see who's the best at the game, and even if that's not why you play the game, if I can make that why you're playing the game when you're playing ME, to the point that you will do everything it takes to make sure i don't win... then my goal is accomplished. so it forces me to play my best and it creates accountability for both players whether you win or lose.

wtf are you guys talking about re: this don't practice what i preach. 1. that may be true, but you've yet to assert how. 2. even if it is true, so what? what is your point?

Top Bottom