• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Ok ok
Singles:
1: Pink ($48.00)
2: KFC ($16.00)
3: Meep
4: tc1
5: xelad
5: REL
7: TRBO
7: lxninjax
9: The Tongue
9: Hamm
9: macd
9: G-spot
13: John
13: Erik
13: Duck Duck Goose
13: I'm nice
17: SWRD

Doubles:
1: FTA (meep and KFC)
2: Kongo Jack (lxninja and pinkshinobi)
3: Dieforce (REL and SWRD)
4: Auto Combo (Jimmy and Ayee)
5: Team Love (xelad and Gongbomb)
7: Turbo Sl*t (TRBO and Kevin)

Low Tier:
1: Meep
2: lxninjax
3: REL
4: tc1
5: Pink
5: KFC
7: TRBO
7: xelad
9: G-spot
9: SWRD
9: macd
9: Duck Duck Goose
*note* Stockton had to leave before the Grand Finals for low tier so it's kind of projected.
I don't know how to post the bracket image. Can someone enlighten me?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Anyone who went to this tournament have a gf named Maria? Cuz I was talking to her at her dad's bday party (I've known her for years, family friend kinda thing), and she told me her bf went to the davis tourney.

REL

Smash Apprentice
This was a great tourney! I'm really glad I could come and meet a whole bunch of cool smashers and fun people. Dinner was a whole lot of fun afterward. Alyssa and I really enjoyed hanging out with all of the Davis smashers. The whole UCD scene is seriously really good.

Pink Shinobi: Your Peach is real smooth. You definitely have the best Peach in North Cal and probably the fastest Peach I've ever played. Even my secret weapon didn't stand a chance against her. If you don't mind hanging out with creepy 30 year olds, we should play again; you're seriously a cool guy.

Ixnijax: You're an awesome guy and a really good smasher. We both know my win over you in singles was a fluke. Once you figured out my Zelda, I had nothing on you. P.s. Luigi is so not low tier. Yours is really good though. I had as much trouble with yours as I did with Meep.

KFC: Can't handle that fox. You play fast and smart. Sucks that I had to run into you twice in singles.

Meep: You play a crapload of characters and they're all good. We had some good games after Low Tier. Sorry that Peach is so cheap. I don't like to use her that much, but you're a beast.

SWRD: First time meeting and we got third place with mostly a Ganon/Zelda team. I'm impressed and you should be too. We were a good team and it was fun playing with you.

Everyone else I played: There was a whole lot more competition than I expected. Davis has got to keep this scene going. It was cool to have other out-of-towners there and this is up there for most fun I've had at a tournament. You guys rock!

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who went to this tournament have a gf named Maria? Cuz I was talking to her at her dad's bday party (I've known her for years, family friend kinda thing), and she told me her bf went to the davis tourney.
Haha yup that's me. She told me last night that you played smash but couldn't make it to the tourney b/c of the party. Have her bring you next time she comes and you can crash on my couch. She also said you sounded pretty confident you could beat me;) I'm not that good and I don't get a lot of practice now so it's probably true. You can youtube "jesse(sheik)" for some some videos of me if you like though, it's the one playing in Davis:)

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Haha yup that's me. She told me last night that you played smash but couldn't make it to the tourney b/c of the party. Have her bring you next time she comes and you can crash on my couch. She also said you sounded pretty confident you could beat me;) I'm not that good and I don't get a lot of practice now so it's probably true. You can youtube "jesse(sheik)" for some some videos of me if you like though, it's the one playing in Davis:)
Nice. Lol new I'd find you on SWF. Yea, I'm forcing her to take me to Davis one weekend, so that I can play some ppl there, I hear Davis has a decent scene.

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
The davis scene is actually quite new, but it is very dedicated and is always getting better. We play every monday and thursday from 5 till whenever with random get togethers during the other days. Also rel, that was no fluke. Taking me to brinstar was a great idea, and i shouldn't have firefoxed so close and allow that stitchface to take my last stock anyways. so kudos to you!

xelad1

Smash Ace
Man awesome playing everyone at the tourney. That was my first time playing people outside of davis who are ranked or whatever (except for paul who SHOULD be ranked hehe). KFC, Meep, TC1, and Rel are TOO GOOD! Its nice to have someone besides paul make me feel like a noob. Also brackets were clearly unfair because I shouldn't be placing above ericson in any tournament ever! REL it was awesome playing a set against your zelda, its pretty **** that you can use such a low tier character and do so **** well! You definitely would have beat the crap out of me if I wasn't using marth, captain falcon, fox etc. etc haha. Also hats off to your gf (I forget her name) for coming to a smash tournament and not being bored!!!

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Nice. Lol new I'd find you on SWF. Yea, I'm forcing her to take me to Davis one weekend, so that I can play some ppl there, I hear Davis has a decent scene.
Haha good luck with that. She says it would be weird to have you staying at my place while I'm here because you're parents know each other or something. Try to convince her anyways, and if need be we can put you up at someone else's place. Maybe I'll play you when I go to visit her.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how everyone is giving shout outs, I'd like to thanks macd for driving stockton out here. We wouldn't have had the great competition w/o you

xelad1

Smash Ace
xelad1...is that alex? O_O; I'm fairly new to the smash scene, and I'm not good enough to be ranked. ^^

HMW, was UCLA fun? I heard HugS won.
Haha yup THAT'S ME PAUL! Time spent in the smash scene has nothing to do with rank. The fact is no one bothers to update the norcal ranks anymore or else you'd probably be pretty high up there! Just remember it only took KoreanDJ about a year and a half to start placing top 4 in large national tournaments so anything is possible! Don't worry though I won't give away your secret to any scrubs you want to MM... sandbag away!!!

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
xelad1...is that alex? O_O; I'm fairly new to the smash scene, and I'm not good enough to be ranked. ^^

HMW, was UCLA fun? I heard HugS won.
it was hella tite i liked it a lot

honestly though i think u can/should be ranked u never lose and can prolly beat a portion of ppl on that list(sorry Norcal:urg: )

and come back down here son i wanna play that scary peach plz :chuckle:

REL

Smash Apprentice
Man awesome playing everyone at the tourney. That was my first time playing people outside of davis who are ranked or whatever (except for paul who SHOULD be ranked hehe). KFC, Meep, TC1, and Rel are TOO GOOD! Its nice to have someone besides paul make me feel like a noob. Also brackets were clearly unfair because I shouldn't be placing above ericson in any tournament ever! REL it was awesome playing a set against your zelda, its pretty **** that you can use such a low tier character and do so **** well! You definitely would have beat the crap out of me if I wasn't using marth, captain falcon, fox etc. etc haha. Also hats off to your gf (I forget her name) for coming to a smash tournament and not being bored!!!
Alex! Didn't know you were on smashboards otherwise I would've included you in my shoutouts. Those were some fun matches to end on and don't knock yourself at all. I've beaten many a Marth, Falcon, etc. so you've got some **** coming from your end. Even if I went my high tier Peach and Sheik I'm sure we'd have some close matches that would go either way. My girlfriend (Alyssa) says hi and that she's glad she got to meet a whole bunch of nice (not creepy) guys. Smash tourneys can definitely rock the creepy guys sometimes. Good games xelad!

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
it was hella tite i liked it a lot

honestly though i think u can/should be ranked u never lose and can prolly beat a portion of ppl on that list(sorry Norcal:urg: )

and come back down here son i wanna play that scary peach plz :chuckle:
lolz, how did you get all the way down to UCLA? O_O;

But I might be down in central cal during spring break (visiting family and stuff). So maybe...:dizzy:

xelad1

Smash Ace
Smash tourneys can definitely rock the creepy guys sometimes. Good games xelad!
Man that line is too funny. This is only my second tourney but I'm lucky that I get lots of experience with good players like paul. Thanks for the complements, like I said I never knew a Zelda could be played SO **** WELL!!! To be frank I think I'm much more afraid of your Zelda than your peach considering how much I play against paul haha. Though paul did beat me with Zelda in the low tier tourney :(

MacD

Banned via Administration
darn, so i tried to post shout outs last night but the boards kicked me out...

so uum basically
pink- you are good and you love fair
rel- you are good with zelda but spamy, but hey, whatever works right
marth dude- i had fun, you play different, you could wait and react, and that dsmash kept doing damage, good job

that's all i can remember and it's in short hand

xelad1

Smash Ace
darn, so i tried to post shout outs last night but the boards kicked me out...

so uum basically
pink- you are good and you love fair
rel- you are good with zelda but spamy, but hey, whatever works right
marth dude- i had fun, you play different, you could wait and react, and that dsmash kept doing damage, good job

that's all i can remember and it's in short hand
I'm the marth dude hehehe. Well I mean I play against paul at least 2-3 times a week so I don't have too many problems dealing with peach haha.

MacD

Banned via Administration
yea, that makes since, you learned some tricks, it was nice playing someone whose marth was different, i always played people who could do nothing really techy, techy but not great, or great and techy and they all played similar

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
This is a M E L E E tournament ppl, come play with us! Don't let m e l e e die out because B r a w l!!!!!!!!!!!

Miztik

Smash Master
Whoa im so confused by your post paul....lol i just barely seen it....

umm....melee is cool....hopefully we find away to make it there but idk my bff jill

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
God after seeing so many "Melee depresses me", I got depressed.

But then I realized you guys all meant "Brawl depresses me"... so it looks like there really will be a M E L E E tournament. I'll try my best to make it :D

EDIT: Fixed post.

Top Bottom