• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, Valve is definitely working with Nintendo. The heads of Valve love Nintendo's ideology.

@ Wizzard: The Master of the Robe
Just give me all the Brawl characters, a few A-grade characters, several lesser known characters that add a lot, a simple to learn but difficult to master gameplay with loads of depth and techniques, incredible online, loads of content, and we're good with Smash.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Yeah, Valve is definitely working with Nintendo. The heads of Valve love Nintendo's ideology.

@ Wizzard: The Master of the Robe
Just give me all the Brawl characters, a few A-grade characters, several lesser known characters that add a lot, a simple to learn but difficult to master gameplay with loads of depth and techniques, incredible online, loads of content, and we're good with Smash.
Cool, they are announcing a Wii U game, Rayman.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Splinter Cell BlackList looks even better at the Ubisoft convention. That was a brilliant idea in how to present it by Ubisoft in my opinion.

Also, that Rayman game (Rayman Legends) has been announced (for the Wii U) beforehand. Still, it's nice to see it while playing.

I'm not sure what to think of the use of the on screen pad use, but it doesn't look gimmick-based.

ALSO RAYMAN LEGENDS IS UP TO 5 PLAYERS... ON THE WII U! YESSSS!!!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It might new that impacts Non-Specific Action Figure Golden... if he's in Smash!

Rayman Legends is a game with up to 5 players locally on THE WII U!!!

That means 5 player smash is possible, which means possibly 6 player smash is possible!

HYPE!!!!!!

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
It might new that impacts Non-Specific Action Figure Golden... if he's in Smash!

Rayman Legends is a game with up to 5 players locally on THE WII U!!!

That means 5 player smash is possible, which means possibly 6 player smash is possible!

HYPE!!!!!!
That's a bit optimistic. Rayman and Smash are two entirely different things. The Wii U is capable of it, sure, but saying Smash can do it too may be a stretch.

That doesn't mean I don't want Smash to have 6 players, of course. And it's still certainly possible.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No Kirby, we didn't know the Wii U was capable of that up until now. We knew the 3DS was capable of it.

That's pretty awesome. It doesn't mean it will happen, but it does mean it can happen.

Also, ZombiU looks pretty nice. I wonder if that was the zombie game showed by Nintendo last night... :confused:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Kirbunny, you're kinda contradicting yourself

You said that it's a bit of a stretch to say that 6 players is possible for Smash only to say that it is certainly possible at the end of your post

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
No Kirby, we didn't know the Wii U was capable of that up until now. We knew the 3DS was capable of it.

That's pretty awesome. It doesn't mean it will happen, but it does mean it can happen.
I didn't know about the first part, but the second part is basically what I meant.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You mean "Ike is God"=???

Because he is... in Project M! Neutral air to Forward Air to Hyrule Castle 64's Gazette to Forward Smash FOR THE KO AND FOR THE WIN!!!

:shades:

"I MASSACRE MY FORMER FRIENDS!!!"

:grin:

Also, Assassin's Creed III looks epic!

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
You mean "Ike is God"=???

Because he is... in Project M! Neutral air to Forward Air to Hyrule Castle 64's Gazette to Forward Smash FOR THE KO AND FOR THE WIN!!!

:shades:

Also, Assassin's Creed III looks epic!
I was hacked by my illiterate ignorant friend. Lo siento everyone

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Kirbunny, you're kinda contradicting yourself

You said that it's a bit of a stretch to say that 6 players is possible for Smash only to say that it is certainly possible at the end of your post
How the heck did that get there?

I meant...crap, I don't even really know. I'm going to have to work on that. That happens sometimes. Stupid move on my part.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Given the Wii U is backwards compatible, we knew it supported more than 4 people (some of the VC games did, only Bomberman I think though)

Nice to see a full title do it.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
6-player Smash is already possible in a way through Multi-Man Brawls. It would take little effort to allow it as an option for regular matches as well.

We might see the average size of stages expand if this became a reality in order to accommodate all six players.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A 6 player Smash would get some serious attention.
Seriously. Not just could we have 2 vs. 2 tournament matches, but crazy 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 matches, and 3 vs. 3 tournament matches!

Oh, and 1 vs. 2 vs. 3! Even 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 3! Or 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 2. Or 1 vs. 5! Or 1 vs. 1 vs. 4! Or 1 vs. 1 vs. 2 vs. 2! That is a lot of possibilities!!!

Also, Assassin's Creed III is definitely delivering what I wanted from E3! Finally some company surpasses the hype! Thank you Ubisoft!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At least if we got a 6-player Smash, Final Destination would be larger (hopefully closer to it's Melee size). And maybe Corneria would go back (or at least close) to it's Sector Z size in 64.

I wouldn't be thrilled about making all stages generally larger though.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Seriously. Not just could we have 2 vs. 2 tournament matches, but crazy 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 matches, and 3 vs. 3 tournament matches!

Oh, and 1 vs. 2 vs. 3! Even 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 3! Or 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 2. Or 1 vs. 5! Or 1 vs. 1 vs. 4! Or 1 vs. 1 vs. 2 vs. 2! That is a lot of possibilities!!!

Also, Assassin's Creed III is definitely delivering what I wanted from E3! Finally some company surpasses the hype! Thank you Ubisoft!
Actually, 3 vs 3 tournament matches may work? that would be really awesome for the smash community!

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not only will stages be generally larger, but they will all have hazards. Even Final Destination and Battlefield.

Naturally the competitive folks will love this notion.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ BKupa
Yeah, but the trouble is running 6 player games without lag or frame rate loss. The Wii U can handle it, but now we know it actually does run it!

@ Wizz
Yeah, 3 vs. 3 tournaments would really be something! That would allow for some maddening teams, and would be another cool option to play smash!

@ N3ON
Stages don't need to be larger. There are plenty of larger stages. Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rumble Falls, 75M, the Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Battleship Haleberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Port Town Aero Dive, New Pork City, the Summit, Castle Siege, Skyworld, Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Green Greens, Corneria, Pokémon Stadium, and Big Blue in Brawl are all big enough for solid 6 player games.

@ Habanero
LOL, no. Stage hazards aren't happening on Final Destination or Battlefield. Besides, most stage hazards are stupid gimmicks. At least, in Brawl they were. In Smash 64, most of them were actually pretty much super awesome, like the bumper on Peach's Castle, the Pokémon that randomly appear in Saffron City, the Wind on Dreamland, the barrel below the main stage of Congo Jungle, or the tornadoes on Hyrule Castle.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

I'm liking these possibilities, ESPECIALLY the 1v1v1v3. THAT sounds like fun.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
1 vs. 5 sounds like a perfect size for a "Juggernaut" mode.

Imagine that in tournaments! :laugh:

It could actually work...

@ vatti
Yep. A DOZEN ICE CLIMBERS! IT'S LIKE OPENING A BOX OF DOUGHNUTS!!!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm not sure about anyone else but if there's gonna be a smash bros trailer, it'll proly be at the Tokyo Game Show. Anyone know when that is?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
I love Juggernaut-style modes, like that Vs. Saxton Hale mode in Team Fortress 2. (I'm actually playing that right now! Posting from Steam Browser.) I'd love it if 1v5 could happen. Amazing possibilities.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What's being discussed bros? Can you give me some insighting? I just got back playing some Sonic Generations on PC (MAAN. THIS GAME... IT'S SO, UNGHHH MAAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom