• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think it'll be at Nintendo Space World in November.

As for Tokyo Game Show, I think that is in... somewhere around September (just checked, 20-23).

But yeah, 6 Olimar's each with 5 Pikmin.... that's 30 Pikmin! 36 characters right there! If anything can run that, with Smash Balls, NPCs, crazy backgrounds, items, Pokéball Pokémon, moving stages/parts, Assist Trophy characters, etc. without frame rate loss, that would be ridiculous.

@ Kirby
My brother is like the best TF2 Saxon Hale player ever. No joke. On the server he plays, he's got nearly double the points, kill per death ratio, etc. of everyone else.

Edit: @ Horsetail
Well, just that Rayman Legends has up to 5 players on the Wii U, which confirms smash Wii U can support up to 6 players. The possibility excites me/us!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So now you guys decipher it to be Mac according to those figure movements? I can believe.
Not to look too deep into the likely insignificant position of the photographed figure, but by looking at the angle of one of its feet, it seems unlikely to be a running animation. Rather, the extension of its fist appears to be some sort of boxing-esque punch.

Just a thought, likely nothing substantial whatsoever.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still think it's Falcon, because that same model (or something very similar to it) has been used before and shown before in Smash.

Also, Ubisoft's new IP sounds interesting.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
My brother is like the best TF2 Saxon Hale player ever. No joke. On the server he plays, he's got nearly double the points, kill per death ratio, etc. of everyone else.
Wow. That's cool. I'm decent at the mode, although I'm having a pretty unlucky spot right now.

What exactly is Nintendo Space World, anyway? Is it another showcase like E3?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ N3ON
Stages don't need to be larger. There are plenty of larger stages. Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, Rumble Falls, 75M, the Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Battleship Haleberd, Pokémon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, Port Town Aero Dive, New Pork City, the Summit, Castle Siege, Skyworld, Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Green Greens, Corneria, Pokémon Stadium, and Big Blue in Brawl are all big enough for solid 6 player games.
Yeah, I agree with you that all those stages would work for 6 players, but I still think there will be a slight increase, for returning stages probably only around the size difference for Melee stages between Melee and Brawl (cept growing instead of shrinking).

New stages I think will be made with 6 players in mind, and thus will all be generally larger than before, or at least have more room. I don't mean they will all be as large as the Temple or New Pork City, I just mean that small stages in SSB4 would be considered small-medium in Brawl/Melee, small-medium would be considered medium, etc.

Either that or stick to the normal stage sizes and have stages that would work very poorly for 6 players.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
7500th page! Yaay!

(-lwl-)^

Anyway, I don't really like too huge stages. It makes KO:ing so difficult anyway. And if there's even more players... that's just more worse.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Star keeps saying that we could get a trailer/official reveal at Space World or Nintendo's Fall Summit

Personally, I don't think we're getting any footage whatsoever until next E3

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, this new IP gives off a Matrix/Grand Theft Auto/inFAMOUS/Assassin's Creed/1984 feel. It was nothing short of mind-blowing. I really love what that game looks like. I am VERY impressed. After a weak start, Ubisoft really did blow the lid on this E3. That raised my expectations for what Sony and Nintendo should do. WOAW!
Wow. That's cool. I'm decent at the mode, although I'm having a pretty unlucky spot right now.
I trash talk him (jokefully) on his server, and everyone who doesn't know I'm his brother calls him God in response. It's really weird.
What exactly is Nintendo Space World, anyway? Is it another showcase like E3?
A conference Nintendo holds, usually in the year of or after they unveil/release a new console. I think it will be in November, if it is this year. If it isn't, it will be probably be in January of 2013 like Nintendo Space World was in the year 2011.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'm hoping whatever announcement made for Smash is at least more substantial than last year's. Just an acknowledgment of the game would be a poor way to promote it and, by extension, the Wii U. A blurb or two about what to expect would suffice.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
7500th page! Yaay!

(-lwl-)^

Anyway, I don't really like too huge stages. It makes KO:ing so difficult anyway. And if there's even more players... that's just more worse.
The stages could be slightly larger, not significantly. Also, they could increase the killing power of characters compared to Brawl.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ BKupa
Agreed. Just a few mentions or a new detail or two would hold us over for a few months, along with Sakurai getting interviewed every other month.

@ Metal
Watch Dogs. It's like a modern hacker game take on Grand Theft Auto/Assassin's Creed in terms of gameplay, sandbox world, and story.
Watch G4 to watch E3 Live bro.
SAKUUUUUUUUUUUURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Sorry, had to say it.

Smooth Criminal
...Was that a reference to Dylan_TNGA=??? Or did RDK always say that=??? (I forgets!)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Star keeps saying that we could get a trailer/official reveal at Space World or Nintendo's Fall Summit

Personally, I don't think we're getting any footage whatsoever until next E3
I think a trailer at Space World or the Fall Media Summit could be very likely. By then SSB4 will have been in development for as long as Brawl was before a trailer was shown. Plus Nintendo is probably going to push Sakurai to have a trailer as early as possible, and that would be the first time I think we could get a trailer on the same level as Brawls.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Heey, Birth_Note? You're here!

*Hugs*

Just got into Golden Sun. I'm loving the **** out of Garet.

I expect a trailer be shown this year at in autumn too, maybe at Nintendo Space World. I'd be quite a stretch to leave Sm4sh holded back until next E3 like last time. (-l_l-);;

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The other option in regard to creating acceptable 6-player matches would be to shrink character sizes (Brawl's seemed larger when compared to Melee's). This seems less likely, though, considering character size will increase if anything, what with the addition of large Ridley and tall K. Rool.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
The other option in regard to creating acceptable 6-player matches would be to shrink character sizes (Brawl's seemed larger when compared to Melee's). This seems less likely, though, considering character size will increase if anything, what with the addition of large Ridley and tall K. Rool.
I think making the stages slightly larger like people have been mentioning is the best option imo.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ N3ON
Honestly, Brawl had about as many of the % of stages be "big" as Smash 64 (Melee had a lot of small stages). We don't need an increase in the % of "large" stages. Although I doubt we'll get a stage as small as Yoshi's Story or Wario Ware('s starting area) again... sadly. I love Yoshi's Story. It was the perfect size, layout, and overall everything.
the new Ip is giving me a Matrix vibe.
Agreed... in a good way. Hopefully the inevitable sequels this thing (Watch Dogs) will get aren't like the Matrix, though! :laugh:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
That Rayman demonstration was neat.

only letdown was they didn't confirm if you can actually play as Ezio.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That was Dylan, mah doo.

Oh the good times that were had...

Smooth Criminal
Ahhahaha! He was so right about the "Brawl sucks" thread (although not the part about Sakurai; I blame it on the newb studio being put in charge, and Nintendo's organization issues that prevented HAL Laboratories from helping development), although I bet he's loving Project M wherever he is... if he still plays smash. Isn't he banned though=??? XD

God I love Project M... and hacking Brawl! I still need to steal my Wii back from my girlfriend.

Also, I hope someone makes a Melee mod that makes the bottom tier characters like the top tier characters... eventually! :laugh:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't mean that I thought we were going to get alot of big stages and only a few small stages if there was 6-player, I meant that all stages will increase slightly in size, being built around 6-players, and would all sort of move up a size stage (the small stages in SSB4 would be around the same size as the small-medium stages in Brawl, the mediums in SSB4 would be as big as the medium-large stages in Brawl, etc.)
I still think there will be a fair balance between stage sizes, just that they will all increase in size a little.

And only if we do end up getting 6-player. (And not just as an optional mode or something)

Sorry if I presented it unclearly :embarrass:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Ahhahaha! He was so right about the "Brawl sucks" thread (although not the part about Sakurai; I blame it on the newb studio being put in charge, and Nintendo's organization issues that prevented HAL Laboratories from helping development), although I bet he's loving Project M wherever he is... if he still plays smash. Isn't he banned though=??? XD

God I love Project M... and hacking Brawl! I still need to steal my Wii back from my girlfriend.

Also, I hope someone makes a Melee mod that makes the bottom tier characters like the top tier characters... eventually! :laugh:
Pichu is already good enough

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
You know what would be awesome? Sakurai making an updated version of SSBM for the Wii U just to keep us busy until Smash4 same characters and everything just online capabilities that would be great.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If SSBM comes to the VC, that very well may happen. I doubt Sakurai would be doing it though, it would take away from SSB4 development time.

edit: Although adding online might be something Nintendo wouldn't bother with, considering we still would be getting Smash 4 at a later time.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Vatti
It's a new main character named Connor. Ezio would have been dead for decades by the start of the American Revolution. If you meant Desmond, book it. You definitely will be able to play as Desmond, just like in all previous Assassin's Creed games. Hopefully you actually do some combat and stuff with Desmond. That would be pretty awesome!
@John- My computer is too slow to be able to handle watching live streams :(

Thanks anyway
G4 is on TV! TV! Watch it... unless you got a TV. ;)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
You know what would be awesome? Sakurai making an updated version of SSBM for the Wii U just to keep us busy until Smash4 same characters and everything just online capabilities that would be great.
I highly doubt Nintendo will put online into SSBM VC considering they never add anything at all into the vc games they have already added on wii and 3ds.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it hasn't officially been called NSMW yet. I suspect it will be tomorrow though.

D

Deleted member

The almost impossible has happened; Microsoft has failed at three E3 conferences. I'm tempted to say that gaming is fixing to go to hell, but there's still E3 2013 for Microsoft. However, I do feel as Nintendo is going to win with the Wii U.

Thank god I was at work today when the Prometheus spoiler occurred. Now I can watch it without fear of knowing stuffs that I shouldn't know. Too bad I can't catch E3 2012; inform me if any of the following comes up:

Smash Bros. 4 teaser/trailer
Star Fox Wii-U
F-zero Wii-U
Custom Robo 3DS/Wii-U
Mega Man 25th Anniversary Wii U
Nintendo x Capcom Wii U
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire 3DS remake

I don't expect any of these to happen, but it'd be great to be wrong on one of those things.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Did Ubisoft just beat one of the Big Three at press conferencing.

The Rare you know is dead, Horsetail. If Nintendo got it back, nothing would change.
Unless the guys who left Rare came back once Nintendo got it again, lol.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The almost impossible has happened; Microsoft has failed at three E3 conferences. I'm tempted to say that gaming is fixing to go to hell, but there's still E3 2013 for Microsoft. However, I do feel as Nintendo is going to win with the Wii U.
Gaming is only going to hell if your gaming world revolves around Microsoft. :awesome:

And yeah, I'm guessing next year will be better for them if they're going to unveil their new console.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, Ubisoft might have upstaged everyone. Microsoft didn't fail. They had great non-gaming features, a good showing by Resident Evil 6, Halo 4, Tomb Raider (2013), and Splinter Cell: Black List. Madden and FIFA were nice, but they were much better at EA's presentation with a lot more depth, cool features, and stuff that made you want to play the game. A teaser of Gears of War: Judgment was nice. It's just the rest of the presentation was awkward and not good for the target audience.
I didn't mean that I thought we were going to get alot of big stages and only a few small stages if there was 6-player, I meant that all stages will increase slightly in size, being built around 6-players, and would all sort of move up a size stage (the small stages in SSB4 would be around the same size as the small-medium stages in Brawl, the mediums in SSB4 would be as big as the medium-large stages in Brawl, etc.)
I still think there will be a fair balance between stage sizes, just that they will all increase in size a little.

And only if we do end up getting 6-player. (And not just as an optional mode or something)

Sorry if I presented it unclearly :embarrass:
Oh, you mean like how from Smash 64 to Melee the Smash 64 stages got smaller because the characters were larger=??? (except reversed)

Okay, that makes sense. Although, don't make characters too small. I like battling for stage position in matches, and I don't want it to go away in 1 on 1's.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Looking back and everyone I asked says MS was never that good at E3 press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom