• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Someone mentioned a bit ago he had a gap in his tweeting (suggesting he came to E3). Seems to be tweeting again, but with a 4 day gap.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ MasterMushroom
Thanks bro. That is good to know. Still, I find it funny that Microsoft is basically conforming to the role of "inspired by Metroid." :laugh:
I would probably either scream or faint. Or both. :laugh:
I would scream, faint, and jump for joy! :awesome:
It was no surprise that when Microsoft mentioned their top/creative developers, Rare was left out. RIP.
Well Tim and Chris Stamper, the two founders of Rare, did leave the studio about 5 years ago. So, that strong direction disappeared quite a while ago.

Although recently they've been making games like Kinect Sports! :laugh:P

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Wizz: Something that looks like it's new. I'm tired of Nintendo being the butt of every joke of multi-console owners. That speaks for itself.

I'm worried that in this time and age we just got people copy-cating. Unforunately, Nintendo usually being the first to jump into New Gens is the company to picked at and other companies watch and pull the positives and then come out with their system or "invention" that outshines Nintendo's. Has nobody noticed how most of the jokes are about Nintendo? It's becoming a satire.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's not surprising they would celebrate Kirby and not Metroid. Kirby sells alot better (especially in Japan). Plus we already got the Prime Trilogy collection, which is all I would've really wanted anyway. :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
The tweet that was proven fake wasn't about Kirby, it was about Geno, Isaac and Mega Man possibly being in Smash

The Kirby 20th Anniversary game for the Wii was announced at a Nintendo Direct conference back in April, IIRC

yani

Smash Lord
I'm really interested to see if the Kingdom Hearts HD Collection is true. I'm also hoping that Retro isn't working on Wave Race, but whatever.

@John Yeah, but with all of their rambling about Kinect AND Sports, I'm so surprised they didn't praise Rare.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you think Sakurai has chosen any characters from/because of games getting revealed tomorrow?
Yes, because Sakurai obviously haven't chosen any characters from any games that came out between 2008 and 2012. He's only going to add characters from games that come out after E3 2012. :rolleyes:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Iblis
Well the joke is that Nintendo made the most money in the 7th generation of gaming. The DS will go down as the best selling gaming console of all-time and the best handheld console of all-time. The Wii, while lacking great multiplayer and online, had some incredible single-player games; probably the best of all the consoles. Plus, it was the most revolutionary. Everybody copies them now, and now the Kinect and the Move are the butt of every joke. And if they aren't, that's a sign of fanboyism.

/not a fanboy; just a fan of gaming

@ N3ON
That's because Metroid is better. :p
Honestly, I think Metroid is the Nintendo franchise with the highest quality, along with Zelda.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
The tweet that was proven fake wasn't about Kirby, it was about Geno, Isaac and Mega Man possibly being in Smash

The Kirby 20th Anniversary game for the Wii was announced at a Nintendo Direct conference back in April, IIRC
Got confused what tweet was being talked about, remove.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Forget about that tweet people.

Just... forget about it.
I'm surprised Tri didn't handle it

Yes

The tweet was photoshopped :laugh:
Figures :smirk:

@ Iblis
Well the joke is that Nintendo made the most money in the 7th generation of gaming. The DS will go down as the best selling gaming console of all-time and the best handheld console of all-time. The Wii, while lacking great multiplayer and online, had some incredible single-player games; probably the best of all the consoles. Plus, it was the most revolutionary. Everybody copies them now, and now the Kinect and the Move are the butt of every joke. And if they aren't, that's a sign of fanboyism.

/not a fanboy; just a fan of gaming
The whole Nintendo being bad is annoying.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^^^^^ hahaha

I've seen comments on gaming sites before praising the PS Move and how it's more accurate and "cooler" than the "crappy" Wii Remote

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I suppose these conversations promote a sense of intrigue, especially the ones brought on by the crushing disappointments this convention will have to offer.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
No need to worry guys, Nintendo will save E3... For the third time. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I dunno, I thought Nintendo lost 3 years ago to Sony. Sony's been good at E3 the last few years, but they tended to save a lot more for later than Nintendo did.

@ young
The reason they all ran away and killed themselves is because Reggie's body was ready.
The whole Nintendo being bad is annoying.
The only thing they are bad at is getting 3rd party companies like Sony and Microsoft for the Wii, shooters (I consider Metroid Prime an adventure game [series]), and online multiplayer on the Wii (the DS has good online). The latter issue is going away. 3rd party companies will eventually welcome the Wii U. The online multiplayer issue will go away, especially with a new Mario Kart and Smash Bros. game. The FPS issue... eh. Just get a good port/version of Call of Duty and the bro-losers will come. Hopefully they stay in their place, or learn of this thing called being intelligent, not racist bigots, and how to SPEAK F***ING ENGLISH!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Also, I think a qualification for these jokes is that they should be funny. I don't mind people making fun of Nintendo, but nearly all of them aren't funny at all. Every fanboy of Sony and Microsoft are like "wanna hare a joke? Wii." "Kinect is wat dah Wiimute cope off uve." Like seriously, isn't the point of a joke to be funny=???

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Can someone give us ignorant chumps a rundown of the E3 fail and what happened?

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Johnknight1 said:
Just get a good port/version of Call of Duty and the bro-losers will come. Hopefully they stay in their place, or learn of this thing called being intelligent, not racist bigots, and how to SPEAK F***ING ENGLISH!!!
NOOOOOOO

Anything but the dudebros :(

yani

Smash Lord

Halo 4, Metroid Prime clone
Xbox Smart Glass Wii-U Gamepad Clone
Sports apps
Television apps
Trey & Matt cracking a joke at Microsoft (best part of the show)
Usher dancing
The big finale.. COD BLOPS2 WITH EARLY DLC

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Microsoft:Halo 4, sports, Kinect, 15 minutes about XBox as a media center and South Park
EA:Not really much of anything. Brown and bloom
Ubisoft: Announced a Zombi game for Wii U, Rayman legends and Watch Dog, which a lot of people like. Not sure of what else. Oh Just Dance 4.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hoots:
I already told you about Microsoft's E3... I think.

-EA showed off some nice footage of FIFA 13, Madden 13, a new Need for Speed: Most Wanted title, and a new Medal of Honor. That and a few lesser shown titles, like NBA Live 2013, NHL 2013, etc were reference.
EA basically did a great job showing off existing IPs, but did nothing truly special. They also didn't do anything stupid. It was basically what you could ask for. I give it a B.

Ubisoft had a dominant show. It started slow with Dance Revolution 3 and a Flo Rida performance.
-After that, they showed Rayman Legends on the Wii U. It looked great, and can play with up to 5 players!
-Splinter Cell: Black List was shown again, and it only looked better.
-Battlefield 3 DLC, and it looked great.
-Assassin's Creed III was shown, and it was beautiful.
-A new IP called Watch Dogs, which looks like Assassin's Creed meets Splinter Cell meets Grand Theft Auto meets the future! It is probably gonna be the best new IP at E3. I doubt any IP Nintendo has done or any IP anyone will do in this year, next year, or the year after that will top the demo/teaser/trailer shown for Watch Dogs. It was a MIND-BLOWING REVEAL!!!

Overall after the start I hated, Ubisoft's show was incredible. 10/10. A+.

@ Metal
Yes... the dood bros. At least bring the Skyrim bros. :bee:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
That's even worse :laugh:

The last, and I mean, LAST thing I wanna hear is more Arrow to the Knee jokes online (not saying all Skyrim fans are like that, BTW)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm surprised Tri didn't handle it
I'm sorry, but I failed you.

Wow, only a few seconds in and I'm already enjoying Sony's more than Microsoft's.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Metal
They don't all come with Arrow to the Knee jokes.

Also, Sony's is already started. That was a good opening compilation video. Microsoft should have had more of that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This opening speech is really good. Way to draw on people's love of each series.

They also thank the fans a lot, and present it as a "thanks" to the fans, which is cool. Simply a great approach.

Why didn't Microsoft do this=??? That would have made their presentation much more bearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom