• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Heey, Birth_Note? You're here!

*Hugs*

Just got into Golden Sun. I'm loving the **** out of Garet.

I expect a trailer be shown this year at in autumn too, maybe at Nintendo Space World. I'd be quite a stretch to leave Sm4sh holded back until next E3 like last time. (-l_l-);;
Thanks. After Nintendo's done I'll leave this site alone.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know what would be awesome? Sakurai making an updated version of SSBM for the Wii U just to keep us busy until Smash4 same characters and everything just online capabilities that would be great.
That would be pretty awesome. Like anyone who pre-orders Smash Wii U and/or Smash 3DS (preferably both from a business standpoint) can download Melee off the Virtual Console. Then, maybe make Melee have added online, and maybe add all of the stages from Smash 64 that weren't in Melee (Peach's Castle 64, Hyrule Castle, Brinstar 64, Sector Z, Saffron City, Mushroom Kingdom 64, and Metal Crystal). That would make people want to buy those games, lol. It would make me pre-order it so fast, you won't be able to Z-cancel out of your attack faster than I would pre-order it! :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's painfully obvious, though, that Microsoft needs to build up their 1st and 2nd parties. At least get some talented folks who don't make everything around Kinect.

@ BirthNote
WAI YOU NO STAY LONGER=??? :(

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Rare you know is dead, Horsetail. If Nintendo got it back, nothing would change.
Unless the guys who left Rare came back once Nintendo got it again, lol.
At least Nintendo would get the Rare IPs and could have other teams work on them.

Oh, you mean like how from Smash 64 to Melee the Smash 64 stages got smaller because the characters were larger=??? (except reversed)

Okay, that makes sense. Although, don't make characters too small. I like battling for stage position in matches, and I don't want it to go away in 1 on 1's.
Yeah, that's what I meant. :bee:

I hope the characters don't get too small (or the stages too big) either. The only time I play on Temple is when I'm playing casually or for the lulz (I never play on New Pork City :glare:), and I would hate for most stages to be that size too.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
@ Metal
Do you have a TV=??? Do you have Cable=??? Do you have G4=???

If you answered "Yes" to all of these questions, then you can watch E3 LIVE!!! ;)
Spike also has it.

I think it has a delay and isn't really live, because the Ubisoft conference had bleeped swearing.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@ Vatti
It's a new main character named Connor. Ezio would have been dead for decades by the start of the American Revolution. If you meant Desmond, book it. You definitely will be able to play as Desmond, just like in all previous Assassin's Creed games. Hopefully you actually do some combat and stuff with Desmond. That would be pretty awesome!
I think Vaati was talking about the Rayman feature that lets you put figures on the Wii U screen to put them in the game. The first non-E3 trailer had some kid put a Rabbid on there, and then Rayman had to fight them. Then he was about to put an Assassin on the controller, but that's where the trailer ended.

Anyway I'm just taking a break from this site. No biggie.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Wizz
Rare needs a reboot in their focus, efforts, staff and directions, including IPs IMHO. They've had a lot identity for a long, long time.

@ deuxhero
Not with the (now over) EA and Ubisoft presentations, or the Sony presentation about to happen. They had exclusive rights to the Microsoft presentation, though. I also think they have the exclusive rights (along with fellow Viacom networks MTV, MTV2, and VH1) to the Nintendo Press Conference on TV.

@ N3ON
I agree. Also, Temple would probably be too big (and thus be tournament banned) for 16 player matches in tournaments! :laugh:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@ Wizz
Rare needs a reboot in their focus, efforts, staff and directions, including IPs IMHO. They've had a lot identity for a long, long time.

@ deuxhero
Not with the (now over) EA and Ubisoft presentations, or the Sony presentation about to happen. They had exclusive rights to the Microsoft presentation, though. I also think they have the exclusive rights (along with fellow Viacom networks MTV, MTV2, and VH1) to the Nintendo Press Conference on TV.

@ N3ON
I agree. Also, Temple would probably be too big (and thus be tournament banned) for 16 player matches in tournaments! :laugh:
I know Rare isn't the same but like said before at least we could have their IP's and stuff and they could focus on their IP's instead of working on stupid stuff like kinect sports.

D

Deleted member

Gaming is only going to hell if your gaming world revolves around Microsoft. :awesome:

And yeah, I'm guessing next year will be better for them if they're going to unveil their new console.
Thankfully I've never been a big Microsoft fan.

If Microsoft has a bad conference again next year with a new console (it's possible, especially given Sony's E3 2006), then I think they will lose a lot of credibility with fans and developers. But it should be better.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Microsoft should bury it's XBOX industry for good anyway. Then Rare can go back to Nintendos.

>:3
Microsoft can keep the Rare employees. Nintendo just needs to buy the IP rights to Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct, Battletoads, and Snake Rattle 'n Roll from Rare.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Microsoft has always been bad at conferences and target audiences at just about everything. It's commercials where they soar above and beyond Sony and Nintendo, and other marketing tools. Oh, and hardware. Especially hardware. Plus, they easily have the best 3rd party support with their 2 consoles they promote (PCs and the 360).

And quite frankly, their use of tablets/smart phones is a lot better than the Wii U's use of the Wii U tablet, since many people already own the former and not the latter.

@ Wizz
They could simply just go into a new direction with those IPs. They did with Banjo, which was semi-successful. They just need to figure out what they want to do, how they want to do it, when they will do it, why they will do it, and what they will do it (with). Although something tells me they are already planning a Kinect game for the 360... :facepalm:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thankfully I've never been a big Microsoft fan.

If Microsoft has a bad conference again next year with a new console (it's possible, especially given Sony's E3 2006), then I think they will lose a lot of credibility with fans and developers. But it should be better.
Even if the presentation wasn't that great, I doubt Microsoft fans would be that upset. I mean, they're still getting Halo, Gears, Splinter Cell, CoD, Fable, and all that nonesense that they probably bought the console for anyway. If I was a Microsoft fangirl, I would still be pleased. Not at the conference, but at the games I would still be getting.

However, I agree that if their presentation next year isn't great, then I could see it being troublesome for their new console. They would really need to bring out the big guns next year. (Same with Sony, I guess).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Quite frankly, most COD fans (who own every system) don't care, because they saw the game, and their brains don't care about anything else. Plus, it is not like they had much in their brains to begin with! :laugh: Also, that Fable game looked terrible. I forgot about it until you mentioned it N3On! XD

The Halo 4 HD version of a dumbed down Metroid Prime gameplay and trailer and the Gears of War teaser were nice...

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Quite frankly, most COD fans (who own every system) don't care, because they saw the game, and their brains don't care about anything else. Plus, it is not like they had much in their brains to begin with! :laugh: Also, that Fable game looked terrible. I forgot about it until you mentioned it N3On! XD

The Halo 4 HD version of a dumbed down Metroid Prime and Gears of War teaser were nice...
Yes, I agree what with john said.

Cod

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Apparently, the main reason why halo 4 looks metroid prime-ish is because the lead designer for metroid prime is working on this game

And I thought I was losing my sanity for thinking that halo actually "went there" lol

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Do you think Sakurai has chosen any characters from/because of games getting revealed tomorrow?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Imagine if Nintendo announced they bought the rights to the Banjo series and characters (from the 1st 2 games). That would blow minds!

@ MasterMushroom
You got proof of that=??? Because that would make sense! :laugh:

yani

Smash Lord
It was no surprise that when Microsoft mentioned their top/creative developers, Rare was left out. RIP.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Some funny looking names LOL

Anyways, I'm hoping the Wii U shows some dependablity. Show us some solid gameplay, give us the innovation they showed us back when 4 players was something to behold. Everyone looks like smokes and mirrors of each other now. All originality lost.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Heey N! (-lwl-)^^

I've got into Golden Sun lately. Maan. I love that game to bits now. /3 guesses who's my fave character~~/

I personally am more interested on Wii U's way of connecting people more. Glad too to hear there's 3DS Conference gonna be held too. I hope that revision might not be too superior to one we have bought for last years.

D

Deleted member

Do you think Sakurai has chosen any characters from/because of games getting revealed tomorrow?
Maybe if it helps a characters in the "must make people want to play the game", "uniqueness", and "can fit in/adaptable" department, but I'm not expecting any games that would seriously influence character speculation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm guessing that if F-Zero gets announced, Goroh will be in. If Starfox gets announced, it might help boost Krystal's chances, but I wouldn't say it was a guarantee.
And possibly also Miyamoto's IP, but I think it really depends on how the game functions and if Sakurai thinks the main character is "fighter material". We'll know better tomorrow (if it actually gets revealed)

I hope that's what you meant, cause Smash being revealed tomorrow is highly unlikely.

Imagine if Nintendo announced they bought the rights to the Banjo series and characters (from the 1st 2 games). That would blow minds!
I would probably either scream or faint. Or both. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling that Miyamoto's IP is not going to be one that many clamor for due to not being "fitting". While I could be wrong and I hope it's something that I would want in Smash, I have a bad gut feeling about it.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
What are you guys most wanting Nintendo to possibly announce tomorrow?

For me it's a new Starfox, new F-zero, and just the rest of the Wii U information.

What about you guys?

And I would be very surprised if Retro didn't announce their project

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What are you guys most wanting Nintendo to possibly announce tomorrow?

For me it's a new Starfox, new F-zero, and just the rest of the Wii U information.

What about you guys?
Other than Smash (which is looking more and more unlikely), probably Starfox. Then F-Zero. It's pretty much the same as your list. :laugh:

I'm also very intrigued about Retro's project (which might be one of those two).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom