• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even before the characters, you gotta get beta-esk modes, the physics down, ALL graphics-related technology, and start building up the online and online interface.
I never gave much thought to the game making process.

I guess the first part is always throwing in ideas of where you want to take the game in the first place. As mentioned in the early 2011 interview, he was thinking of 3DS for a more 1 player experience and WiiU as something else. Data collecting as another feature.

From there, you can branch into ideas of what sort of data collecting you might want to add. Oh, lets give them a freebie (hammer) to avoid the really hard challenges they cannot beat. Ooo wouldn't it be a good idea to include a boss mode for 1 player people? This sort of stuff.

Once you have the broad ideas out of the way, "I wish the game to have a floatier and slower pace than melee" you can work on the specifics such as game design and mechanics and characters.

With development of Icarus finished sometime this early year, I guess the smash team will not be assembled (voluntary assembly too at first at least) until maybe about a year's worth of brain storming. Especially to see what aspects come out with the WiiU. After that, you can start working on the actual technical development such as early character model rigging and stuff.

From this, you go into an endless cycle of tweaks and remakes. All the while new ideas might pop-up (wii motion be included in Skyward sword half way into development) which can drastically change the scope of the process.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Maybe if it gets its own game, or keeps showing up. Which scarily enough it might, Nintendo is aware of how popular it got.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
According to that 2005 document of his, characters are among the very first aspects of the game Sakurai decides on. Although nothing significant appears to be done so far, character selection would logically precede playing around with action figures for movesets.

Also, I am fully expecting that action figure to become a playable Little Mac. It appears as though his crouching and running poses are being shown in those Twitter pictures (possibly his 'rush' attack from his Assist Trophy form will become his dash attack?).

:phone:
I'll have to dig up that NP that had the action figures sometime, but anyway I'm not going to make much of it, looks more like Falcon to me anyway. lol

But if it is Little Mac or Smash related, are we even surprised?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I would think it's not Falcon, since his moveset is already animated. But who knows...what action figures did we see for Brawl besides Diddy and ZSS?

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Never mind about catching me up. I saw John's earlier post. Nothing special in there.

Anyway, I'm pleased to hear about the separate 3DS conference. More time to focus on both 3DS and Wii U!

According to that 2005 document of his, characters are among the very first aspects of the game Sakurai decides on. Although nothing significant appears to be done so far, character selection would logically precede playing around with action figures for movesets.

Also, I am fully expecting that action figure to become a playable Little Mac. It appears as though his crouching and running poses are being shown in those Twitter pictures (possibly his 'rush' attack from his Assist Trophy form will become his dash attack?).

Twitter pictures? Link or repost, please?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I would think it's not Falcon, since his moveset is already animated. But who knows...what action figures did we see for Brawl besides Diddy and ZSS?
I honestly don't remember, but I do think he's shown off more than those two, speaking of which here's the NP interview with them. Turns out it was the same interview as the Ridley one. lol

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Actually, after a closer look, this 'running' pose may actually be Little Mac's jab or a tilt.

Warning, the images are fairly large.

[COLLAPSE="Jab/Dash and Crouch"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! That almost certainly looks like it could be Little Mac. Well, at least we have a small hint towards something now.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Agreed I don't understand why "Non Specific Action Figure" is so popular.. I really didn't even notice it in that trailer/commercial I just thought it was a random prop.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I only saw the running pic, but yeah, the crouching one could be Little Mac I guess.

Still would be best not to make too much of it.

NPAF is probably just the latest Internet meme, it'll die down after a couple of days.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
About that "first stages" business. Sakurai had said before that porting over the basics from Brawl would be among the first things he would do.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually, after a closer look, this 'running' pose may actually be Little Mac's jab or a tilt.

Warning, the images are fairly large.

[COLLAPSE="Jab/Dash and Crouch"]

[/COLLAPSE]
Nope. That's Mega Man. He killed that cutesy thing, drained it's power, and got stronger. :troll:

Also, welcome aboard Sir Smooth Criminal! We're just a few minutes away from Ubisoft, and hopefully a new IP, Assassin's Creed III, and MR. CAFFEINE!!! :)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Non Specific Action Figure confirmed for Miyamoto's new IP?
We don't know.. some people think that he is.

Little Mac is probably my most wanted character other than Mewtwo, Roy and Goroh

I really do hope he makes it in

Goroh is highly demanded? I know some people want him to get in but I never knew he was really popular.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Non-Specific Action Figure may be your new God, but I AM ALWAYS YOUR GOD FOOLS! WORSHIP ME AND MY WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL POWER!!!
because it is a "hint" of a new IP.
It could be. Maybe it's from that zombie game.
Maybe if it gets its own game, or keeps showing up. Which scarily enough it might, Nintendo is aware of how popular it got.
I think this was done on design; something meme worthy to make it popular. Kinda like what was done with the "Arrow to the Knee" joke on Skyrim.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Hi guys, looks like microsoft had their conference. I am sort of watching it but not entirely lol.

I just want Nintendo but I'm watching a little microsoft to get more hyped.

Goroh for sm4sh

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Goroh is highly demanded? I know some people want him to get in but I never knew he was really popular.
He's fairly popular. I think some support he might've gained during Brawl days was dashed when he was confirmed as an AT early on. But he's still the most requested/popular F-Zero rep.

And if F-Zero gets a new game reveal tomorrow, I speculate his chances will shoot up.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
He's fairly popular. I think some support he might've gained during Brawl days was dashed when he was confirmed as an AT early on. But he's still the most requested/popular F-Zero rep.

And if F-Zero gets a new game reveal tomorrow, I speculate his chances will shoot up.
My life will nearly be complete if F-zero is announced

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Less than 1 minute to go to Ubisoft's E3 2012 Presentation! HYPE! GET YOUR PANTS ON AND YOUR BODY READY! PRAY FOR MR. CAFFEINE TO PRESENT THIS THANG!!!
I never gave much thought to the game making process.

I guess the first part is always throwing in ideas of where you want to take the game in the first place. As mentioned in the early 2011 interview, he was thinking of 3DS for a more 1 player experience and WiiU as something else. Data collecting as another feature.

From there, you can branch into ideas of what sort of data collecting you might want to add. Oh, lets give them a freebie (hammer) to avoid the really hard challenges they cannot beat. Ooo wouldn't it be a good idea to include a boss mode for 1 player people? This sort of stuff.

Once you have the broad ideas out of the way, "I wish the game to have a floatier and slower pace than melee" you can work on the specifics such as game design and mechanics and characters.

With development of Icarus finished sometime this early year, I guess the smash team will not be assembled (voluntary assembly too at first at least) until maybe about a year's worth of brain storming. Especially to see what aspects come out with the WiiU. After that, you can start working on the actual technical development such as early character model rigging and stuff.

From this, you go into an endless cycle of tweaks and remakes. All the while new ideas might pop-up (wii motion be included in Skyward sword half way into development) which can drastically change the scope of the process.
Not just that, but I imagine Sakurai had the direction set for both games a year or so ago. However, as seen in the past, plans can change, and the games' creation evolves over time. Plus, like you said at the end of your post, the gameplay is constantly rebuilt for like the last year.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It is official: E3 is an awkward fest.

E3 is dying... because of this non-gaming related crap.

This makes me miss Activision killing the Guitar Hero franchise.

Hopefully Sony, Nintendo, and other 3rd party companies don't do this crap. (like what EA did, but with more "BANG!")

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
So we probably wont get a trailer tomorrow right? I guess that leaves us with another year of speculating -___-

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, but thankfully the longer we wait, the more balancing, stages, character, items, online stuff, singleplay stuff, multiplayer stuff, inter-connectivity stuff, etc. we can have!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Wizz to the Robe
I mean the longer we wait for Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS, the more stuff we'll get. It pays to be patient!

If we waited another 9 months for Brawl, maybe tripping would have been cut, we could have gotten a few more (past?) stages, some more SSE stages in multiplayer, several more items, more Pokéball Pokémon from Smash 64 and Melee, a more balanced game (Meta Knight wouldn't be so broken), a better and more complete SSE, and Mewtwo, Roy, and maybe Dr. Mario and/or Dixie Kong in the final game as playable characters. Also, Marth would have possibly had his Fire Emblem 11 design.

@ Iblis
Yeppers. The price sounds about what it should be.

Edit: Far Cry 3 has a lot of bleeping for the cursing... which was random.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Man...I am so hyped for tomorrow! I just can't wait!

Sorry, just had to get that out. That rumor seems plausible, but it's still just a rumor. I'd be ecstatic if the thing about Crytek, EA, and Valve working on it were true, though. Especially the part about Valve. Looks like we'll just have to be patient.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
@ Wizz to the Robe
I mean the longer we wait for Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS, the more stuff we'll get. It pays to be patient!

If we waited another 9 months for Brawl, maybe tripping would have been cut, we could have gotten a few more (past?) stages, some more SSE stages in multiplayer, several more items, more Pokéball Pokémon from Smash 64 and Melee, a more balanced game (Meta Knight wouldn't be so broken), a better and more complete SSE, and Mewtwo, Roy, and maybe Dr. Mario and/or Dixie Kong in the final game as playable characters. Also, Marth would have possibly had his Fire Emblem 11 design.

@ Iblis
Yeppers. The price sounds about what it should be.

Edit: Far Cry 3 has a lot of bleeping for the cursing... which was random.
Yea, I don't care when Smash 4 comes out, as long as everything goes well.

And the Wii U reveals price leak is old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom