• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Maybe we would buy it... but I wonder if it will be just be complete ABDOMINATION.

And if I find nothing fan-favourite stuff to go all fangirly and hyped about... I'd think twice before buying it.
(-l^l-);
I´m sorry...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
OKAY OKAY GUYS.

Maybe we would buy it... but I wonder if it will be just be complete ABOMINATION.

And if I find nothing fan-favourite stuff to go all fangirly and hyped about... I'd think twice before buying it.
(-l^l-);
Anyway, Lukin, what are you apologising for?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridleyri dleyridleyridleyridleyridleyridley!

There is really only one "important" character left. Or at least one that sarpasses the others like Dixie or K. Rool.[COLLAPSE="Click here for the image:"]
[/COLLAPSE]But he's too big to fit in the frame. :troll:
Ridley is important to Metroid. Definitely. We all can agree on that. However, I don't think he is particularly that "important" to Nintendo, but I do think he is at least somewhat "important" to Nintendo.

Plus, us Ridley Cult of Greatness has made Ridley important for the next Smash Bros. Sakurai knows of our GREAT CAUSE FOR GREAT GREATNESS OF GREAT JUSTICE! GREAT!

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
THE NEW GUY LIKES ANTHONY TO! WHOOO! :awesome:

Also, the new Brawl tier list is up guys.

Nerf Olimar in Sm4sh lololol (which I think will happen anyway)

:phone:
New? Anyway I'm not that much of a fan, just that Metroid is my favorite franchise out of the bunch and I would love to see 4 characters especially for it. Samus being the sole character is boring, I can't make a proper Metroid match on Brinstar. Adding Ridley would be great but still just a start IMO.

Add a partner for Samus, Anthony would be fine (first black character but more importantly he could play as heavier variant of Samus much like Luigi and Falco and bring in the freeze beam Samus misses) and an anti-heroesque bounty hunter such as Rundas and it would allow for an epic Metroid match. *Brinstar theme playing*

D

Deleted member

Yes, someone else who likes Rundas.
Too bad he has little shot, but he'd be epic, being a cyrokinetic and all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I don't care whether Jr.(with Shadow Mario preferrably) get in or Toad gets in.

I only see Jr. slightly more likely since Toad was declined by Sakurai himself. Not that it couldn't change, of course.

I'm just going off of what happened. I am not saying either is a good or bad choice.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
@ Young Horsetail
Exactly. Plus you would buy "SM4SH" if it didn't have Toad and Bowser Jr. Just like how you would buy "SM4SH" if all the characters were replaced by Master Chief. :awesome:

In other words, you fit the 1st point I posted.Besides, you would buy Smash 4 regardless. There's literally nothing Nintendo needs to do to lock up the sale of your smash game, except keep your absolute favorite relevant characters playable, and maybe throw you a bone or two.
You're awfully sure of that people who bought Melee/Brawl will buy the next game anyway.

Like Sakurai said there is only so much more they can do. In many ways Melee still is the best game. So no I wouldn't say Smash 4 is a certain buy even if it has K. Rool and Ridley (my 2 biggest wishes). Brawl supposedly works on WiiU so if Smash 4 brings next to nothing to the table (it can even have drawbacks compared to Melee/Brawl) there's little incentive to buy it.

Then again even if they add 15 my favorites even that doesn't cement the purchase if gameplay suffers, it lacks modes or multiplayer is as clumsy as it is on Wii.

D

Deleted member

If it were up to me, the Metroid Roster would be Samus/Zero Suit Samus, Ridley, Dark Samus, Rundas, Anthony Higgs, and Weavel. I know Sylux is more popular, but Weavel is a Space Pirate, so it'd be epic for him to fight Ridley, the Space Pirate leader. Though I guess if it really is Sylux's ship at the end of Prime 3, then I would include him on the list alongside Weavel.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The Hunters from either Prime 3 (especially Prime 3) and Prime Hunters would all be awesome background characters. Maybe 1 or a group of them could be bosses. :shades:
I can just imaging them in the background shooting each other for no reason. :luagh:
Actually, that would be pretty awesome.
EDIT:Oh, theres my sig...

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Pime 3 was the only Metroid i played, and i wasn't crazy about it because it was first-person. rundas was a beast, though, and i approve of any ice-based fighters we can get (if my name is any indication). i've been meaning to give Other M a shot. maybe if i play it i'll see what the big deal is about Anthony, but right now i just twitch at the mention of his name.

falchion: that's, umm... wow. what am i looking at right now?

D

Deleted member

@Sage of Ice: Unlike Impa, Anthony is pretty cool.
He's
the only survivor of Adam's squad (and breaking the stereotype that the black guy always dies first)
, has connections to Samus (close ally and possible love interest), and was badass enough to call out Ridley.

Despite this, though, he's more like Magnus is to Kid Icarus; not too important, especially when you consider his competition (Ridley, Dark Samus, etc.)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Pime 3 was the only Metroid i played, and i wasn't crazy about it because it was first-person. rundas was a beast, though, and i approve of any ice-based fighters we can get (if my name is any indication). i've been meaning to give Other M a shot. maybe if i play it i'll see what the big deal is about Anthony, but right now i just twitch at the mention of his name.

falchion: that's, umm... wow. what am i looking at right now?
My avatar or my signature? XD

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
all that does sund pretty neat. i'm still not sold on him (mostly because every time he comes up i hear "NO STYYYYYYYYYLE" echoing in my head) but the fact that he talked smack to ridley seems pretty boss.

falchion: signature. i'm 99% sure your avatar is zelda.

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Fight the Phazon-corrupted versions of Rundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda in story mode, then they become un-corrupted and are ATs outside of story mode?

Yep.
Wouldn't help with the lack of playable Metroids, but I know anyone except Ridley is grasping at straws. Hopefully Metroid gets some more coverage so there can be demand for other characters in future.

Meanwhile there's pretty good chance that Mario isn't the only series with 4 unique characters (plus other ones Mario's interacted with: Wario, Yoshi, DK) in Smash 4. I could see Star Fox, Zelda, Kirby and Fire Emblem reaching 4th. Hopefully there are 4 individual Pokemons as well, even if it is Pikachu vs Jigglypuff vs Mewtwo (ownage lorewise) and someone. 3rd DK character is quite likely too, but not so sure about 4th.

Oh and Samus vs Samus in Dark Samus costume vs imaginational Samus SA-X vs Ridley is better than nothing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There is really only one "important" character left. Or at least one that sarpasses the others like Dixie or K. Rool.

But he's too big to fit in the frame. :troll:
Why does Ridley look like he's positioned to take it from behind? :troll:

Guess Duck Hunt Dog is the top dog around here. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Arc
Keep dreaming about that boi.
Or look it up at one of those creeper image websites.
I can just imaging them in the background shooting each other for no reason. :laugh:
Actually, that would be pretty awesome.
Exactly. There's a lot of great Nintendo characters that would be awesome background characters or NPCs. :cool:
EDIT:Oh, theres my sig...
Your post needs to have a certain amount of characters and the "show your signature" box checked. ;)

D

Deleted member

I think I found an argument that I find worse than "Ridley is too big".

"King K. Rool can't be in Smash because Rare owns the Kremlings."

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
@John
Ah, I see, thanks for telling me that. ^_^

@Golden
Who in there right mind would make such a ridiculous argument?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Now that's just plain silly! :awesome:

We had Kremlings in post-Rare Donkey Kong and Mario games. It is just Retro who decided to not have Kremlings, Kongs, and Animal Buddies in DKCR except for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Cranky Kong, Rambi, and Squawks because they think the other characters are too silly. Not that the Tiki Tak Tribe are any less silly. :troll:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
falchion: i see. never played it, so that explains that. he's reminding me a little of Major Armstrong, though. not that he looks a lot like him (though there are similarities), but he's got a similar air about him.

arcadenik: realistically, wouldn't his tail need to be up? you may just be seeing what you want to see there...

@k. rool: but... i didn't play it so i may be way off base here - didn't he appear in DKC Returns? that is a stupid argument.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
While we may thank Retro for reviving Donkey Kong Country, we may also thank them for not making Dixie Kong and King K. Rool relevant, causing us to debate for years over whether we might get both or one or none.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Umm... why? We have a NES peripheral in Smash already. A duck hunting dog would fit in just fine.
Not impossible,but...
We have better options,right?

And is not already enough only one NES peripheral?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not impossible,but...
We have better options,right?

And is not already enough only one NES peripheral?
R.O.B. is the only Nintendo peripheral to have a body type that could work as a fighter. Super Scope, NES Zapper, DK Bongos, etc. They cannot get in.... however the Virtual Boy could. It could be a floating head with the controllers functioning as tentacles. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Do we really need that abomination? Hell, why not suggest the CD-i while you're at it?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Woaw Golden, you win the "I found the stupidest idea ever" award of the month. ;) :smirk: :bee:
Seriously though, I though K. Rool had at least a 60% stake in the shares of the Kremlings... :cool:

Could you care to give us the link to such a stupid comment Golden=??? :) :reverse:
@John
Ah, I see, thanks for telling me that. ^_^
That's why I mentioned it. :shades:

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Well in case Dixie is out of question I wouldn't mind getting Cranky either. Speeding around with his chair, beating up enemies with canes and insults. Also his shop full of balloons, juice and parrots. If he can spank and dominate Donkey Kong he can win anyone.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Oh the usual, I'm talking about idiots that believe K. Rool is still owned by Rare, and Arcadenik is talking about his Mr. PeepersXRidley fantasy.
sweet merciful lord. i audibly laughed at this.

@crocodiles: so my example was off. but still, they've been in other titles that didn't have rare's involvement, why should sm4sh be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom