• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I'd support Impa and Sheik tbh... Impa does have magical abilities after all.. which kinda conflicts of using Zelda at all lol. Since Impa is the Sheik + Zelda in one character (assuming they allow Impa to use her magic)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd support Impa and Sheik tbh... Impa does have magical abilities after all.. which kinda conflicts of using Zelda at all lol. Since Impa is the Sheik + Zelda in one character (assuming they allow Impa to use her magic)
Impa would probably be more magical ninja then mage like Zelda has been.

And you're looking at the surface regarding Impa having magic like Zelda. It's like people saying that the transformation thing makes Shelda unique when they're more than that.

yani

Smash Lord
This is why I want Impa.
Thinking about it, I would actually enjoy a Zelda/Impa tag team with Sheik getting her own slot. Only thing is it would be weird for Smash 5 when Impa goes back to being old in the future Zelda's.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Bolero of Fire as a FS? Never thought of that

Oh, and since we're on the topic of revamping veterans, I wanna quote these ideas that Kuma had (along with the philosophy behind them) a while back for people to see cause they're badass:

Here's my take on Samus.

[COLLAPSE="New Samus."]
B: Charge Beam functions exactly like in the Metroid games. You can even run while shooting, a feature normally exclusive to items, but these shots have no stun. Hold down B to gather a charge shot and you can still move while the charge holds. You cannot use any other specials in the mean time, but your normals are free to use.

Side B: Normal missles have the speed of Super Missiles, but same damage as before. The Super Missle is replaced with the Ice Missles from Metroid Fusion and go even faster.

Up B: Can chain up to three of these on hit, but not on whiff.

Down B: Morph Ball is now a stance move. Mobility increases significantly in this state, but you can't block or jump more than once. You can fast fall though.

From Morph Ball:
A: Morph Ball Bomb. You can lay up to three at a time, and you can't call in any more until one of the bombs explodes, and these bombs explode on contact.. These bombs also float in midair like the Metroid Prime games.

B: Shine Spark. functions similarly to Fox's Fox Fire in that it's an eight-way recovery. Like Charge Shot, you hold B to gather the charge, and you can still move around.

Up B: Power Bomb. Smaller version than normal, this bomb covers a small spherical range and can float in mid-air.

Down B: Exit. Leave Morph Ball Mode.

Additional Properties: Can hang on to walls and stage underbellies for up to ten seconds at a time with Spider Ball. The limit resets itself if Samus returns to the stage land. This prevents stalling. Samus can also use this property to wall jump, giving her a means to wall jump both out of and in morph ball mode.

Throws:
Samus has two grabs. A standard grab and a Grapple Beam grab which is done by doing Grab+Forward.[/COLLAPSE]
@Metal
Thanks. The idea behind it was a few things.

I wanted Samus to be more of the agile shooter she is in the Metroid games without too making many changes while also making some properties more faithful. The Power Bomb is like that because I envisioned Samus using the Morph Ball as a mean of footsies and keepaway and I thought the Power Bomb would be an excellent zoning tool for in the air, or even edge guarding.

The Screw Attack change was something I thought to make it a bit more interesting and to reference the space jump-screw attack combo you get later on in the games.

I may seem like the type that wants "more Street Fighter", but by now you guys should know I'm about tapping into potential, even if that does mean making unpopular changes. With this Samus one, I wanted her to feel right to a Metroid fan - make the transition, so to speak, from playing Metroid to Smash seamless considering the Metroid games have platforming elements.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thinking about it, I would actually enjoy a Zelda/Impa tag team with Sheik getting her own slot. Only thing is it would be weird for Smash 5 when Impa goes back to being old in the future Zelda's.
Wait, why would Impa become part of a tag team and Sheik gets her own slot? That doesn't make any sense. And how do you know she'll go back to being old?

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, if Impa is being compared to that of Sheik in terms of her melee attributes (assuming you know hitstun is actually enforced in S4) magic attacks would have some help in Impa scoring KOs when doing her combos. (though it's speculation this may not be the case)

While Zelda will of course be purely Magic based and have power, and Sheik having Speed.. you still have to transform to utilize both of what they have to offer.. while Impa is a all in one.

Again purely speculation.. it would be interesting of course to see what Impa would be and if she wouldn't just make Shelda useless. :)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I feel like people suggesting having both Impa and Sheik being playable are just trying to compromise with Diddy (as though he needs to be compromised with instead) despite that being an incredibly stupid idea.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, maybe that's what we should call Mewtwo and Roy (revived characters).
If you mean revived as in "Revived Veterans," then I agree. If you mean "Revived Characters" as in revived in their series, then no (for Mewtwo). Mewtwo is in a new game at least every other year! :laugh: Roy, on the other hand, finally made his 1st appearance as a playable character in a video game in a decade.
No one answered me how Sakurai would classify Mewtwo and Roy if they returned. Would he count them as newcomers, veterans, or something entirely new?
"Returnees." They would be treated somewhat like veterans, except with more "spice" to their introduction, as if they were newcomers.
Shortie X Chrono
Kuma X Chu
Golden X Arcade
[COLLAPSE="Click here for my Smash Boards "X" list! ^_^"]Super Smash Brothers X Super Smash Sisters.
yani X Hoots
Star X berserker
Iblis X disfunkshunal
Metal X Oasis
Golden X Hyper
Arc X Holder
Toise X Triple Dash
(The T Truffle of Theories)
asage X SSBF
SPOILER ALERT: Victini loses!!!
:troll:
Johnknight1 X The Universe and Johnknight2.
SPOILER ALERT: I WIN!
:shades:[/COLLAPSE]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The problem with the Shelda duo is that switching has been constantly too slow to be of any use and most people tend to play one or the other anyway.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The problem with the Shelda duo is that switching has been constantly too slow to be of any use and most people tend to play one or the other anyway.
Speed up the transformation (to 1 second or less) then. Stop making Zelda a garbage character. Then, your problem is fixed.
Here's the known birthdates of most of the Nintendo franchises.
[COLLAPSE="Nintendo Franchises"]Color TV Game - 1977
Sheriff - 1979

Game & Watch - 04/28/1980
Sky Skipper - 1981
Mario - 07/09/1981
Donkey Kong - 07/09/1981
Balloon Fight - 1984
Punch-Out!! - 02/1984
Duck Hunt - 04/21/1984
Clu Clu Land - 11/22/1984
Devil World - 10/05/1985
Urban Champion - 11/14/1984
Excitebike - 11/30/1984
Ice Climber - 01/30/1985
R.O.B. - 07/26/1985
Mach Rider - 11/21/1985
Zelda - 02/21/1986
Murasame Castle - 04/14/1986
Metroid - 08/06/1986
Pro Wrestling - 10/21/1986
Kid Icarus - 12/19/1986
Mother/EarthBound - 07/27/1989

Fire Emblem - 04/20/1990
Yoshi - 11/21/1990
F-Zero - 11/21/1990
Star Tropics - 12/01/1990
Pilotwings - 12/21/1990
Kirby - 04/27/1992
X - 05/29/1992
Wave Race - 07/1992
For the Frog the Bell Tolls - 09/14/1992
Star Fox - 02/21/1993
Joy Mech Fight - 05/21/1993
Wario - 01/21/1994
Puzzle League - 10/27/1995
Pokemon - 02/27/1996
Mole Mania - 07/21/1996
Super Smash Bros. - 01/21/1999
Doshin the Giant - 12/01/1999
Custom Robo - 12/08/1999

Sin & Punishment - 11/21/2000
Kururin - 03/21/2001
Animal Crossing - 04/14/2001
Golden Sun - 08/01/2001
Pikmin - 10/26/2001
Magical Vacation/Starsign - 12/07/2001
Tomato Adventure - 01/25/2002
Starfy - 09/06/2002
PictoChat - 12/02/2004
Electroplankton - 04/07/2005
Nintendogs - 04/21/2005
Chibi-Robo - 06/23/2005
Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents - 07/28/2005
Drill Dozer - 09/22/2005
Art Style - 07/13/2006
Rhythm Heaven - 08/03/2006
Tingle - 09/02/2006
Wii Sports - 11/19/2006
Professor Layton - 02/15/2007
Fossil Fighters - 04/17/2008
Captain Rainbow - 08/28/2008

Xenoblade Chronicles - 06/10/2010
The Last Story - 01/27/2011
Pandora's Tower - 05/26/2011
Pushmo - 10/05/2011
Sakura Samurai - 11/16/2011
Swapnote - 12/21/2011
Dillon's Rolling Western - 02/22/2012[/COLLAPSE]
Good list bro. ;) Still, I doubt many of the post-2006 series have much of a chance to get a playable character (although they could still get other things).

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm a bit late on this, and this might have been said a lot, but when looking at the waves of the web, people are complaining that Sony copied Nintendo and then the Sony fans say everyone has to copy and the Nintendo fanboys say they copied SSB almost exactly, I really think that is all beside the point. Sakurai has competition now. Standards are being placed high by people who really look at what the fans want on the message boards and more or less do what they ask for. I think his can mean nothing but goodness for us, since Nintendo has been able to just about whatever they wanted up until now, and that might be changing. That game seems more competitive and less simple than SSB, so people might be looking towards Battle Royal instead of SSB4, so Sakurai might need to do something.

But yeah, I'm now caught up with everyone. XD

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speed up the transformation (to 1 second or less) then. Stop making Zelda a garbage character. Then, your problem is fixed.
One second would still be too long. Get it to 20 frames max and we'll talk.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman

Good list bro. ;) Still, I doubt many of the post-2006 series have much of a chance to get a playable character (although they could still get other things).
lol, I think Zelda just overall has a bad character design (or you know at least make it so we can't sdi out of her usmash and fsmash) I mean.. she recieved a lot of buffs from melee-brawl and she still turned out horrible. Even when hitstun is present she has a hard time landing combos in the many hacks of Brawl lol. Primarily due to SDI. :/

D

Deleted member

I'm definitely surprised that we are seeing guests characters in the first game of Sony Smash Bros. Could Sony not have confidence in their own characters?
ChronoBound said:
However, Leaf is just very unlikely despite how cool he is. FE5 was basically a spinoff in terms of storyline (basically showed what Leaf was doing before he met up with Celice's army in FE4), and main Jugdral game is considered to be FE4. It also does not help that FE4 and FE5 were the only two games in the Fire Emblem series to receive absolutely no content in Brawl (no music, no stickers, no trophies, no characters, no stage, nothing).
Sadly, you are right on Leaf. He's just one of my pipe dreams (like Genesect)... :(
ChronoBound said:
I would throw Lucas in there as well, who like Wolf, is only a mere five moves away from being a completely unique character.
Forgot that Lucas was close as well. Adding him to the list.

I'm willing to accept one or two less newcomers in order to make Wolf, Luigi, and Lucas unique (maybe then I'd actually play Lucas)
ChronoBound said:
I am thinking Sakurai's hand may be forced into showing a trailer at E3 2012 now. Keep in mind that Melee's CGI trailer was made in only a month (though tons of gameplay for Melee was also shown at E3 2001 as well).
As technology goes on, it takes longer and longer to make video gamex, so I'm assuming it will be the same for Smash 4's CGI trailer. Plus I think Sakurai wants to show off four or five newcomers to ensure maximum hype and don't want to put us in the dark about Smash 4 months after E3 2012. Revealing it at E3 2013, on the other hand, would allow for a more natural flow of information in regards to Smash 4.
Johnknight1 said:
I have a guy on youtube messaging me that Zelda, Ganondorf, and Impa will be cut in favor of Ghirahim, Demise, and Impa. I'm not kidding you. It's not that he wants it, it's that he feels these characters are suddenly more important than the 2 of the 3 most important characters in the series, including the character who the series is named after!
I had to argue with one person who thought that a franchise would never get over four characters, even thought when you count transformation, Zelda has five and Pokemon has six. He even claimed he had proof of it, but refused to go find it, instead, asking me to find it (even thought he gave me absolutely nothing). And supposedly, he doesn't recognize that Sakurai counts transformations in character.

Zelda isn't all that likely to get a fifth slot, but I think Mario is likely to get a fifth character and I think Pokemon is guarantee at least that.

D

Deleted member

I don't see why people are against 3rd Parties in Sony's game. I mean, think about it; many big name titles are 3rd Parties. MGS4 comes right to mind. Spyro and Crash, old PS mascots, should be allowed as well.
EDIT: Final Fantasy has been typically a PS series for years, so maybe including that overrated Cloud would help sales within the FF fantard community.

EDIT: Sakurai counts transformations and he also counts Yoshi and Wario as Mario characters, despite the different icons. (Oh, and he counts Donkey Kong as well, because of the Melee Event Match "All-Star Match 1", where you have to fight Mario, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong one by one. Luigi and Dr. Mario were unlockable and featured in later All-Star Matches. Not sure if he counts Diddy Kong, though I wouldn't be surprised...)

So if we go by that:
Mario: Mario, Peach, Bowser, Luigi, Yoshi, Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong. (8)
Zelda: Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link. (5)
Pokemon: Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff. (6)

Now, if we factor in the cut characters, each gets 2+ (Mario gets Dr. Mario and Dixie Kong, Zelda gets Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik, and Pokemon gets Mewtwo and Plusle & Minun).
So if plans met through, Mario would have 10 characters, Zelda would have 7, and Pokemon would have 8.

yani

Smash Lord
Wait, why would Impa become part of a tag team and Sheik gets her own slot? That doesn't make any sense. And how do you know she'll go back to being old?
The constant argument with Diddy is it doesn't make sense for Sheik to get a SS look since she didn't have concept art, and her having her OoT model wouldn't "fit". So if SS Zelda NEEDS to be paired with a SS character, Impa could fit the bill. Sheik can get her own slot with her OoT model. (It's better than having a Zelda and a Toon Zelda right?).

I mean I can't predict the future, but it made sense for Impa to be young in SS because it is the first Zelda in the timeline (which is also why there wasn't a need for a Sheik). I'm pretty sure she won't be young again, but again, I can't predict the future.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
lol, I think Zelda just overall has a bad character design (or you know at least make it so we can't sdi out of her usmash and fsmash) I mean.. she recieved a lot of buffs from melee-brawl and she still turned out horrible. Even when hitstun is present she has a hard time landing combos in the many hacks of Brawl lol. Primarily due to SDI. :/
What they did with her Project M, making her a zoning/trapping character like Parasoul from Skullgirls is a leap in the right direction. Being able to place multiple Din's Fires all over the place makes her a very scary character. There's also the Balanced Brawl change where she can move while using Nayru's Love. All in all, Zelda has nothing scary going for her save for her FAir and BAir. Then there's her Down B in Melee which was an instant top tier move.
Forgot that Lucas was close as well. Adding him to the list.
Best thing of all, if you're willing to think outside the box, he and Ness can easily be redone to where their specials are actually moves they learned.

As technology goes on, it takes longer and longer to make video gamex, so I'm assuming it will be the same for Smash 4's CGI trailer. Plus I think Sakurai wants to show off four or five newcomers to ensure maximum hype and don't want to put us in the dark about Smash 4 months after E3 2012. Revealing it at E3 2013, on the other hand, would allow for a more natural flow of information in regards to Smash 4.
I think we'll have to wait and see. It really depends on how long have certain details gone into thought before development officially started. Remember, the delay of Uprising pushed development back. What were the people who got hired doing then?

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
The constant argument with Diddy is it doesn't make sense for Sheik to get a SS look since she didn't have concept art, and her having her OoT model wouldn't "fit". So if SS Zelda NEEDS to be paired with a SS character, Impa could fit the bill. Sheik can get her own slot with her OoT model. (It's better than having a Zelda and a Toon Zelda right?).

I mean I can't predict the future, but it made sense for Impa to be young in SS because it is the first Zelda in the timeline (which is also why there wasn't a need for a Sheik). I'm pretty sure she won't be young again, but I can't predict the future.
Impa was only 'young' because of Hylia sending her from the past to the future err.. Present?.. the 'present' Impa in SS is thousands of years old. She even dies at the end of the game lol.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
If there is a new Zelda character in Smash I want Tingle :D he's unique, reaccuring, has an own game, I don't care (I like actually) that he's only populair in Japan, he's kinda like Wario (has Mario like cloths, Tingle has Link like cloths, is kind of annoying and obnoxious, got his own games)... yeah, it would be fun!

if Impa were to join, Impa should be a character on her own, and Sheik+Zelda should stay like that, Zelda = power, Sheik = speed, they fit together and they kind of balance eachother out, Impa has Ninja stuff and magic, she holds on her own, but I don't really care about her...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think we'll have to wait and see. It really depends on how long have certain details gone into thought before development officially started. Remember, the delay of Uprising pushed development back. What were the people who got hired doing then?
To be fair, it's not like Sakurai was hiring people in the field of making CG trailers. Sakurai's teams weren't ever involved with that before.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
One second would still be too long. Get it to 20 frames max and we'll talk.
Not really. I you land a move with a lot of knock back, you can change without threat of attack... at least in 1 vs. 1 matches. Now if we're talking 3 to 4 player matches, that doesn't work as well. Personally, I think 2/3rds a second (40 frames) sounds like a nice amount plus maybe some super armor.
Zelda had barely any buffs. She also in Brawl was given a lot more after-lag for several moves. Without L-cancelling, that made her competitive garbage.
I don't see why people are against 3rd Parties in Sony's game. I mean, think about it; many big name titles are 3rd Parties. MGS4 comes right to mind. Spyro and Crash, old PS mascots, should be allowed as well.
Because some people want minor characters in Sony franchises like Uncharted, Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank over such characters you listed.
EDIT: Final Fantasy has been typically a PS series for years, so maybe including that overrated Cloud would help sales within the FF fantard community.
That's a great business idea. If Sony was smart, they would do it.

yani

Smash Lord
Impa was only 'young' because of Hylia sending her from the past to the future err.. Present?.. the 'present' Impa in SS is thousands of years old. She even dies at the end of the game lol.
Exactly. That's why she most likely won't appear young again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
if Impa were to join, Impa should be a character on her own, and Sheik+Zelda should stay like that, Zelda = power, Sheik = speed, they fit together and they kind of balance eachother out, Impa has Ninja stuff and magic, she holds on her own, but I don't really care about her...
lol no. Care to explain why Sheik was one of the best characters in Melee while Zelda is one of the worst? Brawl didn't really improve the situation much either.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
@Kuma
I definatley agree with Project M Zelda. I like how she turned out.
And that is the only thing I'll give Project M credit for, I hated what they did to TL & Falco. >_>

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm a bit late on this, and this might have been said a lot, but when looking at the waves of the web, people are complaining that Sony copied Nintendo and then the Sony fans say everyone has to copy and the Nintendo fanboys say they copied SSB almost exactly, I really think that is all beside the point. Sakurai has competition now. Standards are being placed high by people who really look at what the fans want on the message boards and more or less do what they ask for. I think his can mean nothing but goodness for us, since Nintendo has been able to just about whatever they wanted up until now, and that might be changing. That game seems more competitive and less simple than SSB, so people might be looking towards Battle Royal instead of SSB4, so Sakurai might need to do something.
Uhh... no. This isn't "competition" for Sakurai. This game will have a lower budget, smaller cast, less stages, less single-player aspects, less collectables, it won't have a long-lasting competitive scene (like Smash 64 and Melee do), and it will be less unique than smash 4. These are all facts.

Once Smash 4 is announced, it will blow Sony's wanna be game out of the water in sales, competitive community, hype, and quality. Honestly, I doubt this Sony fighting game game will even be half as good as the worst Smash Bros. game (Brawl).

Also, I got a feeling Microsoft is going to try to get Rare to copy this formula. Like everything else Rare has done for Microsoft, it will fail! :troll:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kuma
I definatley agree with Project M Zelda. I like how she turned out.
And that is the only thing I'll give Project M credit for, I hated what they did to TL & Falco. >_>
Yeah, I was disappointed that they went more in the Melee direction, but Project M did originate as a mod for Falco to play like his Melee counterpart. A flashkick for Falco would've been amazing.

@Oasis
Studio IG made the Melee intro so outsourcing for trailers isn't too much of a stretch. What I meant for the "limbo" team was they could start designing things for the cast so an outside studio had material to work with.

yani

Smash Lord
Also, I got a feeling Microsoft is going to try to get Rare to copy this formula. Like everything else Rare has done for Microsoft, it will fail! :troll:
All Microsoft has are Rare characters that are MIA, Halo, and a some RPG heroes. Horrible first party tbh, which is why I'm not bothering with their new console. Rare was the only reason I bought a 360.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Zelda WAS given buffs from melee - brawl.. instead of just spamming bair and fair all match, Fsmash and Usmash become moves that worked... for awhile until SDI. Her Uair now kills, she was made overall Stronger iirc, her dair now has the ability to spike.. so I don't think a minor loss of L cancelling is what ruined her.. More like the advancement of Brawl. Hell even Dins was buffed into a mini game of clashing! XD

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Diddy:You do know they don't remove characters because "Lol they aren't relevant anymore."
Sheik is the only one on my watch who's not relevant in the whole roster. Retros excluded. Sheik isn't a retro anyway.

Why can't people realise there's a huge difference in importance between a pure historic classic character as Mr.Game & Watch and Sheik?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
everything will fail for Rare because the top men aren't helming it anymore. and because they aren't Rareware anymore...

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
@Kuma
You and your Street Fighter. XD
But anyways Ganon should have his dark magic and sword, either one of those will have so much potential.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
What they did with her Project M, making her a zoning/trapping character like Parasoul from Skullgirls is a leap in the right direction. Being able to place multiple Din's Fires all over the place makes her a very scary character. There's also the Balanced Brawl change where she can move while using Nayru's Love. All in all, Zelda has nothing scary going for her save for her FAir and BAir. Then there's her Down B in Melee which was an instant top tier move.
Oh really? I heard Zelda had some new tricks primarily making Dins not useless.. I'll def check it out later. :)

D

Deleted member

My God, I am tired of people calling G&W a Retro just because he debuted before Mario.
G&W was completely relevant by Melee's time with the Game & Watch Gallery series, which featured him with the Mario characters. Calling him a Retro character would be the same thing as calling Mario or Donkey Kong a Retro character.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Kuma
I prefer the Melee direction of Project M. However, I think the positive aspects of Brawl Zelda should be considered to be kept.
Zelda WAS given buffs from melee - brawl.. instead of just spamming bair and fair all match, Fsmash and Usmash become moves that worked... for awhile until SDI. Her Uair now kills, she was made overall Stronger iirc, her dair now has the ability to spike.. so I don't think a minor loss of L cancelling is what ruined her.. More like the advancement of Brawl. Hell even Dins was buffed into a mini game of clashing! XD
Zelda is actually lower on the tiers in Brawl (38th out of 39) than she was in Melee (18th out of 26). Zelda's Melee strengths are basically all gone in Brawl! :laugh:
Let's just agree that Rare and Microsoft never happened, okay
Rare with Microsoft=??? Okay. Rare with Nintendo=??? No. Rare before Nintendo=?? No. Microsoft=??? No. Me likes me PC.
All Microsoft has are Rare characters that are MIA, Halo, and a some RPG heroes. Horrible first party tbh.
Microsoft doesn't have that great of a 1st/2nd party character selection. Sure. but Microsoft is smart at getting 3rd party characters. They could get a few. I think they would put much more of an effort to get such characters for a fighting game than Sony would.

I think Ganon should still keep his fist based moveset. Just change his u-tilt, specials excluding forward special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom