• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah asage. It's called PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

I just realized, if Gray Fox ever made it in Smash as a playable character, he would probably love the idea of random tripping and being launched off a stage
Oh... I already knew that for awhile, now. God damn name is too long...

If thats the case, no time to sit around. I'm out. Gunna go erect a dispenser.

Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin' Buildin'- *leaves with Lvl 3 Dispenser*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Continued from earlier with John (lol he posted this right after I logged):

You are thinking characters can only be in 1 category, whereas I think they can be in multipe. Also, I would say any character with a large smash fan base, is well-known, or would generate massive hype. Basically, that would consist of the likes of K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Ridley, Mewtwo, a 5th Generation Pokémon, Roy, Miis, Tails, Pac-Man, etc.
It's true that I was thinking that third-party characters fit mostly into the 3rd party category than any other one (though 3rd parties bring in massive hype anyway), but I think some characters could fit into more than one category. Such as Little Mac, who could fit into the revival character spot and the popular character spot. Some of the characters above though I truly feel are more likely as unlockables (especially Mewtwo and Roy) and thus will probably not be used as hype, although I agree most of those would generate massive amounts.

Starfy and his series series are about a decade old, Saki and his series are about 15 years old, and Paletuna/Kid Icarus are over a quarter a century old

Heck, Brawl didn't have 5 characters created within the previous decade. The only characters that weren't over a decade were Lucario, Lucas (although you could argue he was older since the concept of him/EarthBound 64 was more than a decade old), Ike, and Captain Olimar. That it.
And technically Toon Link, although I don't know why I'm helping your argument. :laugh:
And with KI, I was just referring to Palutena, who technically is a retro character also, but really only raised in prominence from obscurity in Uprising, and I think would be viewed as a "newer" character. Although this would probably make her perfect for the "revival" category as opposed to the "newer character" category.

We've got tons of retro characters, mostly whom have been largely forgotten. We don't have that many viable new character choices that are less than 10 years old.
I meant newer than Pikmin, which all but S&P is (and I guess Golden Sun by two months :p), but I never really made that clear, and I do agree with characters less than a decade old are sparse, but we still have Mii, Shulk, Zoroark, Krom, Palutena (who I'm counting for some reason), Dillon (who at this point is unlikely, but could get likelier with more games) and Miyamoto's new IP as characters made in the decade before Smash's release. And I still think that picking just one of those for a trailer would work fine. (if someone like Isaac, Starfy, or Saki weren't picked, who I guess aren't "new" characters, but newer than a great portion of the roster).

edit: And once again I'm not suggesting all these characters will get in, just that all the ones I listed have a chance, and would fit under the specific category.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ ChaosKid
Very few characters create the hype of 3rd party characters in Smash.

Still, most of the "newer" franchises that could get character will be having a 15th Anniversary about the time these 2 Smash games come out. I still have my Mega Man 15th Anniversary Collection game! WOAW! These series are that old, and Mega Man is 25 years old! :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol, those little cat things from SFxT? Speaking of which, we need to put the best Tekken character in Smash (well, other than the two Kings and Yoshimitsu and Heihachi)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't think Sakurai gives a crap.
I'm sure he does, but either way, I am just saying there is an impact.

Yeah, and people said Ryan Leaf would be better than Peyton Manning. Or that Obama will make American completely better.
Not entirely the same thing. XD But mmkay.

See, the thing is, you are basing this off what Sony fanboys have said,
Assumption, some of these people have said that on this very site. From other sites it is hard to confirm.

instead of basing it off the opinions of people with a more complete perspective (like myself). Plus, we haven't even seen much of this game. Also, Smash 4 will be on a newer console with better graphics, with more popular characters, characters that have been in games that sold more, and characters that are much more well-known. Seriously, Smash Bros. has at least a dozen characters that are more well-known than any of the characters that the most well-known character in Sony's fighting game. Star power sells games, and so does being a constant force in gaming like Smash is. Smash 4 will sell 10 million units. Sony's fighting game won't sell any more than 3 million. I'm booking it.
I'm not saying Sony's game has those advantages. I do think that is obvious that Nintendo is more suited for the "All-Star" like fighting games. Even though I don't recognize the faces too much, they don't seem very interesting for me to know.

Let's look at the recent smash clones. the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle one had some nice elements, but it didn't work, and wasn't competitive. The Cartoon Network wasn't great either, and it isn't competitive at all.

Judging by how the Sony fighting game works (where you need to go to super mode to get a kill), just the killing mechanic sounds gimmicky. Plus I think the target audience will be awkward. I got a feeling Sony will try to reach to older kids (10 or so) as well as Mortal Kombat-esk gore lovers, on top of obviously fan bases of the series represented in the game and Sony fan boys. In other words, each of these fan bases are only going to moderately like it.
Well, some really experienced developers have gotten together and made this game that have knowledge of competitive games prior to this one, so I find it hard to dismiss so easily.

And Sakurai put in all of the competitive depth in smash all by himself. Go look it up. Sakurai created things like wavedashing (although it was in Tekken first), wavelanding, L-cancelling, etc on his own. He also balances the characters for casual and competitive purposes.
Wavedashing was accidental, they simply just left it in the game. But more to the point, it can't really be denied that Brawl is more casual. ^^; Not sure what you're trying to get across here.

Plus quite frankly, Sony's game is still somewhat of a rip-off of Sakurai's original series. I doubt this Sony fighting game will be more original than Smash 64, Melee, or Brawl.
I'm not saying it is more original. I still think SSB > Sony's game, I'm just making observations and hoping/speculating that this may have an effect. I'll drop the subject here though. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ ChaosKid
Very few characters create the hype of 3rd party characters in Smash.

Still, most of the "newer" franchises that could get character will be having a 15th Anniversary about the time these 2 Smash games come out. I still have my Mega Man 15th Anniversary Collection game! WOAW! These series are that old, and Mega Man is 25 years old! :laugh:
Yeah definitely, which is why I think we'll get a new third party character revealed with the first trailer, I just meant comparing Nintendo character popularity to other Nintendo characters. I realize that someone like Megaman would bring more hype than any Nintendo character would.

And yes, most of the new franchises are no longer new. But relative to the series already in Smash, they would be newer.

If nothing else, it just makes me want some more new Nintendo IPs (I'm greedy like that :laugh:)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd be interested, but the only thing my playstation devices have ever been used for was final fantasy/ kingdom hearts/ dragon quest machines.

I didn't even get a Playstation 3 this generation because no mainstream kingdom hearts games came out, dragon quest was on Nintendo, and final fantasy now sucks

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I just realized how badass it would be if we got Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man AND Classic Mega Man all in the same game

Though I think Classic Mega Man is the only third party character that we're gonna get

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm a bit late on this, and this might have been said a lot, but when looking at the waves of the web, people are complaining that Sony copied Nintendo and then the Sony fans say everyone has to copy and the Nintendo fanboys say they copied SSB almost exactly, I really think that is all beside the point. Sakurai has competition now. Standards are being placed high by people who really look at what the fans want on the message boards and more or less do what they ask for. I think his can mean nothing but goodness for us, since Nintendo has been able to just about whatever they wanted up until now, and that might be changing. That game seems more competitive and less simple than SSB, so people might be looking towards Battle Royal instead of SSB4, so Sakurai might need to do something.

But yeah, I'm now caught up with everyone. XD
There really isn't any competition.

Most people can't topple Smash (not even Reyn) because they set the bar really high, The game has a high level of quality. Sony Smash wont meet it and fottage shows us that. Sone problems

1)The roster will suck. Sony just doesn't have a huge line of of characters and they are vastly different. I mean more vast than Snake in Smash (which Sakurai did a really good job on)
2)Characters are too small. How can I punch when I can't see their fist.
3)The screen is always zoomed out. Hard to see anything
4)They mentioned a lot of the stages will blend games. This is bad because if breaks the feel of that series. It would be the same if you had a Fire Emblem stage with Arwings in the background. The stage has it's own style and personality. If they clash too much, it kills the charm. It's trying TOO hard to be a cross over.

Also, your assumption is Sakurai doesn't listen to the fans. He does. Just not the very few tournament players. We got a lot of popular characters in Brawl as well as a crap ton of music. He puts more work than he should into these games. Like, did he need a dream team of musicians for Brawl AND Kid Icarus?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Sony All-Stars thing was very interesting to watch and looked fun but I'm not grabbing a PS3 anytime soon (not even for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriot which is the only MGS game I've yet to play and want to play.)

I'm still waiting for E3 so I can get info on Smash 4 (which I strongly bet we won't get anything super big announced but any news is good news) New Super Mario Bros. 2, Paper Mario 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 2, the Wii U, and whatever else gets revealed (only 5 weeks and 4 days).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^This one has multiple mansions, so I'm guessing (and hoping) that it will be at least a little longer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm aware of Zelda's placing in both games lol. It only goes to show Zelda has a HORRIBLE design. If she still had the ability to Lcancel her air moves.. it wouldn't change the fact she has little - no combos with her current brawl build.. not to mention other characters + revamped vets became better than her overall. (not to mention the melee characters below her outright SUCK.)
This begs the question as to why she has a horrible design.

Impa was more or less blessed by the Goddess Hylia. Not the fact she can literally live for thousands of years. She was sent into the future by Hylia, then when Zelda is Sealed she is made a Guardian.. more or less she was more than likely blessed by Zelda/Hylia. Since Zelda even admits to speaking to Hylia to learn who she is. I doubt the Goddess would leave Zelda unprotected. :p

Even when she dies, she dissapears into a magic like dust. :p
Sheikah are implied to have longer lifespan than normal Hylians so it's not so much Impa being blessed by Hylia, but something distinct to her race.

I wonder what Kuma would say if Zelda was better than Sheik by competitive standards?

Or if Zelda continues to suck despite being separated.
1. I'd still say separate them.
2. Then that means that Zelda needs a revamp.

Not sure, but probably concept arts for characters/modes/stages they wanted to see, before coding started.I'd love to see that. Lucas I can easily see, but I feel as they're done moving around Ness's move set until we see a revamp of Smash (which could be this game for all we know).
You don't necessarily need coding for an outside studio to have material to work with. That's why I think, despite of a lack of in game coding, that a CG trailer could be done.

Lucas and Ness aren't too difficult to change.

[COLLAPSE="Ness and Lucas"]Ness

B: PK Flash - Functions more like a classical projectile motion physics problem and less like Ness being constipated.
Side B: PK Rockin' - Functions the same as PK Fire. Differences are only aesthetic.
Up B: PK Teleport - Functions kind of like Pikachu's Quick Attack. Ness disappears for a moment and then a quick stream of sparks goes in one direction (basically Pikachu's QA minus Pikachu) and then you determine the direction to go in from there and you reappear in an animation like PK Thunder 2.
Down B: PSI Paralysis - A command grab. Ness grabs the opponent and puts them into a levitated, stunned state (think Zamus' DSmash).

Lucas
B: Offense Up - Having up five of these per stock, Lucas can multiply the strength of his Smash attacks by anywhere from 1.1 to 1.5 depending on the number of stocks available. Every Smash attack consumes one stock. So, if you have five stocks and do an attack, that attack's strength is multiplied by 1.5. The next attack's strength will be by 1.4. Whiffing moves also takes away stocks.
Side B: PK Love Alpha- See Ness
Up B: PK Love Beta - Lucas does a downward PK Love with the force of the attack pushing him back in the air. This can be done in the ub, u, and uf directions.
Down B: Shield - This move acts like a brace of Lucas. Upon using this, Lucas gains one hit of super armor and the health lost can be regenerated over time so long as he's not hit in the mean time. You can cancel out of the animation immediately into any action of your choice except for Shield. [/COLLAPSE]
Honestly, the only things I want in Smash 4 is actual hitstun, no random tripping and to have a mechanic where you have no invincibility when constantly planking.
Combo chains, various cancelings, and no tripping for me. The planking issue can easily be resolved where the game has a built-in limit like the tether grabs have now. How this one went past the developers is beyond me.

And the flashkick idea for Falco actually came from Starfox in the form of the somersaults. And the flash kick would be two legged, unlike Guile's one-legged flash kick.

@Metal
Happy to see you reposted my moveset.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
1. I'd still say separate them.
2. Then that means that Zelda needs a revamp.
But your stance is that Zelda requires Sheik's absence to fit your idea of what's good, so if separating them wouldn't necessarily lead to that, and you would suggest Zelda herself being the one to be revamped to fix that problem, then why are you suggesting the separation in the first place when you could just DIRECTLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM YOU PERCEIVE EXISTS by making Zelda better.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Did anyone see the Rayman Legends trailer?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223893p1.html

They put a figure on the controller and it interacted with it. Kind of like Skylanders.

Who wants bet there is going to be interactive smash figures
I noticed there are alot of extra doohickies on the Wii U controller than was previously shown. I wonder what they all will do.. (and yes, doohickies is the technical term) :awesome:

The game itself looks awesome though, I'll probably be picking it up. Although Ezio has little place in Rayman.

And I've been wanting actual Smash figures since the lottery in Melee.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WAIT

Wasn't Sega and Nintendo talking about a Sonic game that uses figures to unlock content like Skylanders exclusive to Nintendo?

Well. Nintendo looks like they might just become Skylanders: The System

Edit:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1223880p1.html

Nintendo will be releasing games digitally on the Wii-U

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wish I could just digitally download the WiiU into my living room so I don't have to wait for it outside in the cold on launch day.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
WAIT

Wasn't Sega and Nintendo talking about a Sonic game that uses figures to unlock content like Skylanders exclusive to Nintendo?

The Sonic Dimensions game? I think that was confirmed by SEGA as a hoax. Although Sonic hitting the Wii U is inevitable.

...Plus I don't want figures of all of Sonic's ******* supporting characters to play the game. :awesome:

The only game I would go out of my way to try and get all the figures would be for Smash. Even if they didn't do anything other than give you a trophy or something in game. :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Sonic Dimensions game? I think that was confirmed by SEGA as a hoax. Although Sonic hitting the Wii U is inevitable.

...Plus I don't want figures of all of Sonic's ******* supporting characters to play the game. :awesome:

The only game I would go out of my way to try and get all the figures would be for Smash. Even if they didn't do anything other than give you a trophy or something in game. :laugh:
NO, not Sonic Dimensions.

Sega is planning a reboot of the entire Sonic Continuity and have been having talks with Nintendo.

Unless Dimensions WAS that rumor, though after reading about Dimensions it doesn't seem to be the same idea

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm definitely surprised that we are seeing guests characters in the first game of Sony Smash Bros. Could Sony not have confidence in their own characters?
You bring up a good point. i think it's either
1)They really don't get how a cross over game should be done and want to add as many characters as they could, regardless if they'll work together
2)Like you said, Sony doesn't have enough good characters.

Sheik is the only one on my watch who's not relevant in the whole roster. Retros excluded. Sheik isn't a retro anyway.

Why can't people realise there's a huge difference in importance between a pure historic classic character as Mr.Game & Watch and Sheik?
So "relevance," doesn't matter when "retro," comes in. That's moving the goal post if I ever saw it. What constitutes Retro. Ocarina of Time came out more than 10 years ago. Can it be retro?

Also, what you forget i Sheik is historic. The fact that they wanted to bring her back in Twilight Princess means something. ZSheik was in one of the most popular Zelda titles and the best selling to boot. I think she is historical.

Hey John your fanboyism is showing ;)

But seriously, I see no facts, and it would be silly to think that this won't have some sort of impact on how people view SSB4. People are already even thinking this game will be better than SSB4. I'm not saying I agree with that statement, but it is being said.

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to say SSB4 is going to be more competitive, it is more likely that this game won't be, and that it'll be more casual, for that is the direction I think Sakurai is wanting to take it now. Not that I am saying this is going to happen, but it very well might happen, and a lot of people think that. This kind of game out there might change Sakurai's perspective of how to do it, considering he is just now starting develop it.
Smash didn't get to where it was by being competitive. In fact, Sakurai was always trying to get away from the "scene" that fighting games had. Being more competitive wont help smash.

yani

Smash Lord
WAIT

Sega tossed the idea around that maybe they can use figures to unlock new playable characters for a future Sonic installment. It would be pretty safe to assume the game would appear on a Nintendo console though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But your stance is that Zelda requires Sheik's absence to fit your idea of what's good, so if separating them wouldn't necessarily lead to that, and you would suggest Zelda herself being the one to be revamped to fix that problem, then why are you suggesting the separation in the first place when you could just DIRECTLY SOLVE THE PROBLEM YOU PERCEIVE EXISTS by making Zelda better.
IIRC, Sakurai balanced Sheik and Zelda to where they were used in tandem, except this hasn't work out in the slightest. If it wasn't Zelda that sucked, but Sheik, we'd still have the issue. I just don't like how Shelda has turned out for them. At least by breaking them up, neither one is subject to being a heavily polarized design. As John mentioned, Zelda's defence is good, but everything else sucks about her. To me, the 2-in-1 design is the reason behind this.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@Psycho

Ah, my bad then, I don't follow Sonic rumors very closely anymore. It seems like you're talking about a different possible Sonic game, one that sounds less stupid than Dimensions did.

... Still wouldn't buy figs for it though.

Thino

Smash Master
There really isn't any competition.

Most people can't topple Smash (not even Reyn) because they set the bar really high, The game has a high level of quality. Sony Smash wont meet it and fottage shows us that. Sone problems

1)The roster will suck. Sony just doesn't have a huge line of of characters and they are vastly different. I mean more vast than Snake in Smash (which Sakurai did a really good job on)
2)Characters are too small. How can I punch when I can't see their fist.
3)The screen is always zoomed out. Hard to see anything
4)They mentioned a lot of the stages will blend games. This is bad because if breaks the feel of that series. It would be the same if you had a Fire Emblem stage with Arwings in the background. The stage has it's own style and personality. If they clash too much, it kills the charm. It's trying TOO hard to be a cross over.
I think it's too early to assume that it won't give any competition, and if it doesn't it's prolly not gonna be because of the reasons you mentioned necessarily

1) We are so quick to compare to the current installment of Smash that, for us Smash player any roster that is less than 39 characters automatically sucks, but when taking a step back it's not necessarily the case.

The fact that Snake is in Smash should convince you that it is actually possible to make characters that are vastly different work in the same game. Give me an example of Sony characters that would be so different that it would actually affect the way they're implemented in the game.

2) Seeing the characters fists to be able to punch properly is such a competitive point of view, I don't think casuals will care much.

In addition I think you watched this vid in a 360p Youtube window and it will prolly look really different when played on a huge screen TV in 720p or on a normal TV when the PS3 is set to 480p mode, which is prolly the resolution Smash Wii-U will run at too anyway.

In either case, it's not gonna stop people willing to play these games competitively to see fists and know hitboxes

3) the camera DOES zoom in and zoom out depending on where the characters are on the screen, just like Smash does, maybe you're more bothered about the character sizes.

I do agree with #4 even though I wouldn't blame them for trying to do more things different than Smash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just cleared Kirby's Dreamland in Hard Mode.

Damn. It's. ****ING HARD.

Geez, it's even creepy when you today's Kirby-games after that...

Also, I really bet we're gonna get those interactive trophies for SSB4 in the same fashion as the Rayman Legends does.

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think it's too early to assume that it won't give any competition, and if it doesn't it's prolly not gonna be because of the reasons you mentioned necessarily

1) We are so quick to compare to the current installment of Smash that, for us Smash player any roster that is less than 39 characters automatically sucks, but when taking a step back it's not necessarily the case.

The fact that Snake is in Smash should convince you that it is actually possible to make characters that are vastly different work in the same game. Give me an example of Sony characters that would be so different that it would actually affect the way they're implemented in the game.
The game having fewer characters isn't a problem. It's a new game. It should have many.

The real problem is no one meshes well together. Parappa and Fat Princess don't go well next to Sweat Tooth and Kratos. They are very different in their look and their style.

Snake worked because Sakurai is good at what he does, but even then they had to be careful. Snake was an exercise in fitting a square peg in a round hole. There were many problems. First, he couldn't use guns, so that already killed some of his options for moves. Then, as development was going on, there were a problem with some of his moves. They had to change the claymore from the realistic look to a white mine with a light on top. They also had to change his grab, but it's hard to find stuff on that. You know how he has these invisable hit boxes. Look at his moves. They are very shot ranged. Most characters get around this by extending parts of their body. It works for them because they aare cartoony and fantasy like. But Snake is very realistic. He can't extend his arms. So that why he has the hitboxes. If it was the other way around, without the disjointed hitboxes, he would have a VERY short range.

This is just one problem. It's also why Sakurai keeps a cap on third party characters. Nintendo has a set style and most of the games they make and publish fit in well. I could take Issac and Saki, who come from people outside of Nintendo, and they would still fit with Mario and Pikachu. But Sony All Stars has most of their cast being very different. And they don't have Sakurai. The man is more experienced and has done this longer (Smash I mean). It's also why Nintendo would not move forward with the series without him. I doubt this start up will be able to do it.

2) Seeing the characters fists to be able to punch properly is such a competitive point of view, I don't think casuals will care much.

In addition I think you watched this vid in a 360p Youtube window and it will prolly look really different when played on a huge screen TV in 720p or on a normal TV when the PS3 is set to 480p mode, which is prolly the resolution Smash Wii-U will run at too anyway.

In either case, it's not gonna stop people willing to play these games competitively to see fists and know hitboxes
How would "casuals," not care. Being able to see what is attacking you is important. The models here are just too small. It wont be fun if I can't see the guys attacking each other.

Compare it to Smash Brothers.
Notice how I can kind of see everything. I know when to block and how someone hit me. And yes, casuals care about that too.

3) the camera DOES zoom in and zoom out depending on where the characters are on the screen, just like Smash does, maybe you're more bothered about the character sizes.
See it for yourself.

Look how far it stays zoomed. Smash brothers gets really close when characters are next to each other.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I just noticed something: PASBR has 2 things that Kuma suggested for the next Smash: a Light/Medium/heavy attack system, and directional blocking.

maybe this game could be used for reference?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just noticed something: PASBR has 2 things that Kuma suggested for the next Smash: a Light/Medium/heavy attack system, and directional blocking.

maybe this game could be used for reference?
Ok, I'm listening now. I still don't like how the KO system is so specific. That being said, I still don't think a LMH system, while not completely needed, wouldn't change things drastically.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Hmmm possibly if they pull it off effectively. But also consider that that game is supposed to be more of a hybrid where as smash was designed to be different.

:phone:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm sure he does, but either way, I am just saying there is an impact.
No, he doesn't. This Sony All-Star fighting game is a B or C-tier game. Smash is a AAA-tier game.
Not entirely the same thing. XD But mmkay.
People have also said Obama would be the best President. (lol Washington says no to your handshake)
Well, some really experienced developers have gotten together and made this game that have knowledge of competitive games prior to this one, so I find it hard to dismiss so easily.
Honestly, most of Sony's 1st and 2nd party developing companies have gotten worse, minus Naughty Dogs (with Uncharted). So quite frankly, even though they say that, they are lacking in quality.
Wavedashing was accidental, they simply just left it in the game. But more to the point, it can't really be denied that Brawl is more casual. ^^; Not sure what you're trying to get across here.
Sakurai invented L-cancelling on purpose, which was amazing, as well as jump cancelling, and a plethora of other techniques.

Brawl was meant to be competitively more like a defensive struggle (think of like hockey, soccer, and 1960's football) where defense is equal with offense. The problem is, there were a bunch of characters with strong offense, broken moves, broken range, and broken projectiles. Despite this and Brawl lack of technical skill and options compared to Melee (Brawl has a lot of advanced rock-paper-scissors), it still is a competitively viable game.
I'm not saying it is more original. I still think SSB > Sony's game, I'm just making observations and hoping/speculating that this may have an effect. I'll drop the subject here though. :p
The problem is you are hoping that this will make Sakurai step up his game because of this. Your desires are blocking your ability to reason. Besides that, Sakurai doesn't need to step up his game, because he's proven in the past that nobody can outwork him. Instead, Game Arts, and the other developers need to step up their game. Oh, and HAL Laboratories needs to help make this game. Smash is simply a better series with HAL Laboratories doing most of the work than without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom