• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
DON'T get Xenoblade Chronicles if you are busy with work or schooling. The game is simply too big and addicting. xD

Monado powers could be his Special attacks, he would actually have a colorful and diverse set of moves. I hope somehow the game ends in such a way that it can be continued in a sense, to kind of make the idea of a Xenoblade franchise rep easier to justify.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Monado extends into a laser sword or something right? That would be neat having close-range attacks that string into LASER EXTENDED mid-range attacks.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
DON'T get Xenoblade Chronicles if you are busy with work or schooling. The game is simply too big and addicting. xD

Monado powers could be his Special attacks, he would actually have a colorful and diverse set of moves. I hope somehow the game ends in such a way that it can be continued in a sense, to kind of make the idea of a Xenoblade franchise rep easier to justify.
I'd hope so too. Has anyone made a Shulk moveset?

I hope Iblis finds another cheesy angsty man to fall in love with.
I think you mad because of future voice chats to come. :smirk:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm not sure if anyone has made a Shulk set here, but Monado Buster could be a side Special where the blade charges for a moment and lengthens into a powerful attack. Monado Speed could increase his speed (with start up lag) and grants a third jump (used as a recovery when off-stage by granting you a jump). Monado Shield could be his B where he can temporarily put a shield on him for a few seconds but has a start-up lag to prevent constant shield spamming. His Down B could be Monado Twister and envelop a tornado attack around him that could maybe allow a small glide in the air as a bonus.

I don't know, just spouting what immediately comes to mind.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not sure why no one thinks Shulk is getting in. I mean, the game has been pretty popular and people like the character.

Playing the game now. It's really good.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I think you guys talked about this a lot, but I really hope the Dojo starts up again, or they make a new one. I am not ashamed to admit in the mornings back then the first thing on my mind wasn't breakfast or getting ready for high school, it was "...Must.. check.. Dojo o___e" Though I remember a lot of people being against it because they want to be spoiler free and they can't come to this site without accidentally catching some of the news.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
No news for over a year except that rumor about ridley (still hoping that turns out to be true)

heres hoping E3 gives us a teaser trailer, or at least a working name.
Well the game hadn't even started development till like a couple months ago? i think less actually.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Well it probably wouldn't take that much time to make a trailer, probably about a week to animate one on the same level as the one shown at E3 2006. In fact I definitely think AT THE LEAST we'll get a small 5-10 second teaser with a title/logo.

The problem is whether sakurai and his team can actually get all the groundwork finalized before then. Even if they just show the 4 main veterans it's not as simple as just copy and pasting them... they would have to get a complete HD remake to show off how they might look on an actual Wii-U. Not sure if that's really enough time, since the game's probably just in the idea phase right now. A 1-minute trailer with newcomers is almost definitely out of the question.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Well it probably wouldn't take that much time to make a trailer, probably about a week to animate one on the same level as the one shown at E3 2006. In fact I definitely think AT THE LEAST we'll get a small 5-10 second teaser with a title/logo.

The problem is whether sakurai and his team can actually get all the groundwork finalized before then. Even if they just show the 4 main veterans it's not as simple as just copy and pasting them... they would have to get a complete HD remake to show off how they might look on an actual Wii-U. Not sure if that's really enough time, since the game's probably just in the idea phase right now. A 1-minute trailer with newcomers is almost definitely out of the question.
Yea, I guess well have to wait and see. I think we may get the name of the game at least.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
we'll get the name, the logo, and kirby's character model.

"look how round he is in HD, guys!"
Lol, Kirby is one of those characters that will look barely different. Like when we saw the Brawl e3 trailer and kirbys melee look barely looked any different from his Brawl look

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Just played Sonic 3 for the first time in months. I'm actually not as rusty as I thought I would be playing the game. lol

As for E3, I don't expect a trailer or even a teaser. I'm think this is what we'll get:

1. Confirmation that the game is development and that they're "hard at work" at the game

2. Official name of the game and maybe some actual details for the two games

We might get a teaser this year, though

:phone:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since we're nearing E3, which would you guys rather see? Another dojo or have information teased and revealed in certain amounts every time there's an event Nintendo is involved with?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Brawl's Dojo was amazing, so yeah, I'd definitely go with another Dojo

I appreciate the journey just as much as the destination

I like the other way you suggested but personally, if things were to go that way, I feel like I'd be going through withdrawal lol

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
Definitely Dojo. Consistent information > "Hey guys, guess what..!"

Also, I'm trying to finalize my roster for Sm4sh. What do you think will be the maximum amount character slots and why? I emphasize why because since I've been on this site, I see too few justifications for roster size limits.

Might be a dumb question, but what is this "dojo" you guys speak of?
Lol

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl's Dojo was amazing, so yeah, I'd definitely go with another Dojo

I appreciate the journey just as much as the destination

I like the other way you suggested but personally, if things were to go that way, I feel like I'd be going through withdrawal lol

I appreciate the journey and destination as well. Thing is, I've been through both variations with Brawl and SFxTK. They have their ups and downs. In fact, it was bad for three months when we got nothing while UMvC3 was revealing it wanted before release. But, we need character movies regardless of format.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
question about the melee and brawl dojo... how far in development was the first post from the respective dojos? when do we expect the first post for Smash Bros 4?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For the adventure of speculation itself to be the greater treasure... How romantic.

I think the Dojo in its current form began 10 months before release. Or maybe it was 8. I think the Japanese release was EARLY THOSE JERKS.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
hmmm... i wanted to know how far from the beginning of development... but i suppose i can count backwards... orz

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When the Brawl Dojo went live, we were originally seven months away from release. We ended up getting it ten months later.

And I'll repeat this again. We need more gameplay footage, less snapshots that leave way too much interpretation and don't provide enough feedback during development.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think the gameplay footage will do much good if it's constantly changing. You'll be wanting to wait for that until a bit later in the development I'd imagine.

@Augusto: Okay then, 19 months isn't it?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You'd be surprised actually. Getting feedback during beta development is great because it can save a game. Pandora and Cross Assault were stupid good before player feedback tore them apart.

Considering that Brawl wasn't even a year's away from release I don't understand why the amount of trailers and official footage was so small. Then again, it looks development went all over the place.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You'd be surprised actually. Getting feedback during beta development is great because it can save a game. Pandora and Cross Assault were stupid good before player feedback tore them apart.
Am I reading this wrong.

They were good during development, but when players made suggestions it ruined the game? ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO SAY IF YOU WANT MORE FOOTAGE AND STUFF.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Asking for Sakurai to work hard on the game, put out updates daily, all the while making more videos for people to watch?

Sakurai: (laughs)

Iwata: (laughs)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Am I reading this wrong.

They were good during development, but when players made suggestions it ruined the game? ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO SAY IF YOU WANT MORE FOOTAGE AND STUFF.
No, because they would be putting the game in an undesirable direction. People didn't want another X-Factor (Pandora) or something that would turn the game into something they didn't want (Cross Assault). In other words, players didn't want a broken game from either end. Now, they're rather tame and are commonly forgotten; consider to be something for casual players, but not tournament players, kind of like the instant kills in Guilty Gear. Further more, you were able to do LMH > Special easily in earlier builds of the game, but most agree now that it was a good thing it got taken out as it would've degenerated the game into fishing out light attacks. At first, people didn't like the change because they thought it took away too many options, but in reality, this mechanic provided options that made others useless.

Asking for Sakurai to work hard on the game, put out updates daily, all the while making more videos for people to watch?

Sakurai: (laughs)

Iwata: (laughs)
It's not like Sakurai has to do all the video making and everything. Besides, look at all the vids we kept getting for KIU, Skyward Sword, etc.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Did we have a Skyward Sword and KIU dojo?
Nope.

Sakurai personally did all of the posts, he said that himself. In fact, that is what I loved about how they were put, his humor was for some reason amusing.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My favorite updates on the DOJO were music updates. I always was so curious what song would be next, and after the Animal Crossing update I wanted to see what new series would show up. Hopefully I'll hear some Custom Robo this time around.

I remember that after the Animal Crossing update everyone thought an AC character was "confirmed" because "there was no reason for the series to have it's own icon and no playable character". Plus the whole "heroes arive late" people misconstrued into something entirely opposite of what Sakurai meant.

Did we have a Skyward Sword and KIU dojo?
Nope.

Sakurai personally did all of the posts, he said that himself. In fact, that is what I loved about how they were put, his humor was for some reason amusing.
Umm, Kid Icarus Uprising DID have a Dojo-esque site... :|

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I am assuming the -esque means not nearly as many updates.

The newcomer updates were my favorite *typical smasher*. It was so intense to wake up in the morning and load up the page to just barely see the red banner signaling a new challenger. If I saw that banner, I knew **** was going down at Smashboards.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am assuming the -esque means not nearly as many updates.
No, it began to have frequent updates about a couple of months prior to release. The organization of the website was pretty much like the DOJO. Although Super Smash Bros. Brawl's website was unique. I am not sure if the next website will have daily updates.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does that exclude character updates.

Also I think I now have 5,000 posts here, with Overlord in third with 4,010.

How could you let this happen, Starphoenix.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I wasn't there when the Dojo for Brawl was on, as I didn't have the Internet back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom