• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
After that Mavegeta pic and DJ Napps slowpokicity, I'm fairly sure Napps is actually Nappa.

I just have to say this. Of all the places they choice 4chan? Ughhh, maybe this explains why some video games are the way they are.
My thoughts exactly. 4chan is the jungle of the internet.
I'm honestly considering making an account & being a regular over there in an attempt to even things out...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm... what I should say?

Well, if something happens that is reminiscent of Nintendo-games in the battle /like I kill you while using a Starman/, I'll be sure to scream NINTENDO LOGIC!!!! right in your faces!
(-Ò▼Ó-)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
My thoughts exactly. 4chan is the jungle of the internet.
I'm honestly considering making an account & being a regular over there in an attempt to even things out...
I wish you the best of luck. That's a really dumb idea Nappa, this is why you got killed

"NAN NA NO? NAN DESU TTE?! NANIGOTO? DOU IU KOTO?!" is what you'll hear.

Or "****."
I'll make sure me and my Japanese friends will be there to laugh at you and then act like Mexicans and make fun of you in a langauge you can't speak nor understand.

Nappa made me realize how many bald people there are in DBZ lol
Seen the black people in Dragonball?

Hmm... what I should say?

Well, if something happens that is reminiscent of Nintendo-games in the battle /like I kill you while using a Starman/, I'll be sure to scream NINTENDO LOGIC right in your faces!
(-Ò▼Ó-)

:phone:

What's funny is, you said, Nintendo and Logic in the same sentence.

Now, will this be when we are already playing the game that released in the Americas and Japan first or after we've had it for about 3 months and then EU finally gets it?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How can you shoot fireballs while you're underwater? (SMB)

How can you breathe underwater, anyway? (Pokemon 3rd Gen, when using HM Dive)

Or space? (Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid, Kirby...)

How eating leaf makes you grow a tail?! (SMB3)

Why the heck your animal friends forget you despite you being the ONLY human in the village??? (Animal Crossing)

There's your daily dose of Nintendo Logic.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll make sure me and my Japanese friends will be there to laugh at you and then act like Mexicans and make fun of you in a langauge you can't speak nor understand.
I endorse this.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@iblis
Actually NOE has been doing better. Big example: Xenoblade.

I was playing uprising with some bots on 2 of their names were Kirby and Captain N. Captain N confirmed newcomer, Kirby confirmed vet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@iblis
Actually NOE has been doing better. Big example: Xenoblade.

I was playing uprising with some bots on 2 of their names were Kirby and Captain N. Captain N confirmed newcomer, Kirby confirmed vet.

Vaati, Majora, and Krool come up in Brawl's random name thing. Characters confirmed.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If we get voice chat in this game my voice will blow all y'all away.

I think Thanatos from KI:U should be an Assist Trophy in this game he's annoying but I think he could make a decent one.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
One was named Resetti.

SSB4 is going to be one hell of a game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Miciah is the first ever main character in the series who fought with Magic instead of swordplay, so how about her?
I'm kind of tired of these specific character discussions, so I'll ask a few, more generic questions.

First Question: What are people thinking as to the max number of characters any one series will get in SSB4? In Brawl we saw a limit of 4 (if you split up all of the Mario rep into main Mario and support Mario casts, anyway). Do people expect this to expand? This would mainly be an issue for the Mario and Pokemon; not so much for Zelda or Star Fox. Try not to say they'll expand JUST because you want to see some character like Toad or whatever added in.

Second question: How much are we expecting clones to change? Do you think that clones will continue to slowly diverge (Luigify), as they have in the past? Or do you think they'll put more effort into developing unique movesets (looking at you, Ganondorf).

Third Question: With all the processing power and memory the Wii U will have, do you think they'll bring back more past stages? Do you think they'll keep more characters or bring back old ones? Basically, what do you think they'll use that extra UMPH for (other than/ in addition to another 15 characters or so)?
Because I came into catch up on reading this thread, expecting to see some more good discusssion about SSB4. Instead I saw Steam using the same BS arguments that he uses to support Lucario for at least two pages, hijacking the discussion and driving it off a cliff.
And then you look at Mewtwo's Tier placing and then you compare it Lucario's. :awesome:
And then you compare Brawl to Melee :awesome:
and then you see Mewtwo still sucked even if he had his Melee Physic's in Brawl. :awesome:
Brawl was amazing not only because it was all-around an incredible game. Speculating and debating about characters on here was a lot of fun. Staying up all night for the Dojo updates (which I hope come back!). Heck, in a weird sort of way I met my girlfriend because of Brawl. Sure it wasn't as competitive as Melee, but I really don't care because it is always a ton of fun to play. I wonder if Sm4sh can match the good memories and experiences of Brawl~

Now I'm embarrassed for getting all SENTIMENTAL, lol. :V
dammit I've missed a conversation about Tails in SSB4. Wrote a bit about that stuff.

First, why Tails over other Sonic furries?
+ After reign of Shadow (lol melodramatic), which shrunk sfter Sonic '06, Tails started to get more attention from Sega. In Sonic Colors for Wii, he's the only furry other than Sonic.
+ Only Sonic and Robotnik were around in the series longer than him.
+ Moveset potential. Shadow has appearance heavily similar to Sonic. He's so similar that he could be just "luigified" Sonic. Sonic fans who think Tails wouldn't fit Sonic's second Smash slot tend to use "Tails is no fighter" argument. Seems like they're forgetting that Tails was a playable character both in Sonic the Fighters and Sonic Battle.

Arguments behind Tails in Smash 4.
+ All the ones above.
+ Sonic has many games on Nintendo platforms, some of them are even Nintendo only.
+ His inclusion would probably require less legal effort from Nintendo than getting Megaman. A counterargument against it I've heard recently is "Nintendo would be lazy", but this is not even funny.
Neutral arguments that can be either behind or against Tails.
~ It's too early to see the pattern in 3rd party reps. They were only in one game. We don't know if Sonic and Snake will come back at all. No Sonic, Sonic only or Sonic and Tails all could happen.
~ We don't know much about Smash 4.
Arguments against Tails in Smash 4.
- "Guest fighters" term. This is a pretty common argument against Sonic reps in Smash 4. When a guest comes to house, he does not bring dozens of friends through the garage.
- Priority logic. Why expand a third party franchise, when you can put Nintendo characters or other third parties in that place? However, we can look at it different way - Sonic series is still incredibly popular and is more recognized than definite most of series we have in Smash. Also, all of the positive arguments behind above apply.
- There is also another version of previous argument - Sonic is enough, beause fans can have their precious "Mario vs. Sonic" already. But, those people seem to forget that when they buy Smash, they want to have "Luigi vs. Ganondorf", "Mewtwo vs. Falco" and many similar things. What if I want to see Tails fighting against Nintendo reps other than Mario (because that is already possible in olympic crossovers)? However, this way of thinking may quickly lead to ridiculous things like "What if I want to see Spiderman battling Zelda?" So, we have to stop at one moment. However, these moments seem to be pretty varied for different series. First, we consider 4th parties, because they won't take much time. Instant BEEEP. 'kay, let's take a look at Mario. Mario? Fine. Luigi? Fine. Bowser? Fine. Peach? Fine. Dr. Mario? Okay. Toad or Bowser Jr.? The majority of community seems to agree with this.
Pokemon. Pikachu? Fine. Jigglypuff? Fine. Mewtwo? Fine. Pichu? Fine. Lucario? Fine. Squirtle? Ivysaur? Charlizard? All fine. 5th gen rep? Fine. See, we got pretty far with this one.
Now, Sonic! Sonic? Fine. Tai-BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
Where do those limits come from? From what we've seen already. What we've seen already? Single Sonic character. Why shouldn't / should we get another one? Loop occurs.
In my opinion, "Sonic is enough, because fans can have their precious "Mario vs. Sonic" already" argument is the main one against Tails in SSB4.
- Fanbase breakdown. When we get another Sonic rep, countless kids will start dreaming about MOAR of them. I can safely say it's an incorrect argument, because it already happened after Sonic's inclusion in Brawl.
- There may be licensing problems, but I wouldn't say they'd be bigger than when getting Megaman into Smash.

Overall, I think Tails isn't very possible, but there are many arguments that are behind his inclusion. The possibility of this happening is just not as bad as many Smashboards members think.

Okay, I'm done. Kudos to anyone who read all of this. If there is anything wrong with my logic, feel free to discuss.
More item ideas!

Cucco - These guys help you fly across the stage. On first, they go upwards then falls slowly by flapping it's wings. If you hit it too much, it will turn red and summon over 20 cuccos to destroy everyone!

New skin for the super scope - It should have blue shots and it should look like a wii zapper.

New assist trophy - L-block from tetris - Rain of blocks come from the sky landing on the ground crushing the opponent dealing 15% damage.

New assist trophy - Cactuar - Cactuar jumps and shoots needles everywhere hitting everyone except Cuccos or the player who summons it. The needles makes the enemy freeze after a 3 seconds until Cactuar disappears. Basically, it works like how it works in Sports Mix

The Boot from Mario Bros. 3 - You can go on it and squish your opponents! It deals 10% oer stomp

That's how a party game is. SSB is not only a competitive and fighting game but it's also a party game. It's all about intense fights, pressuring moments and times where in everything is crazy as hell. That's the definition of party.

I remember those times in Mk Wii wi-fi... Whenever I'm 1st place, that ******* blue shell hits me then I get hit by a star man then I get that blooper ink on my screen then I get pow blocked then I get hit by a bullet bill then I fall to my death. Fortunately, I got 4th place (4 out of 10). Lol good times
I personally am not sure if his October, 2006 game makes him irrelevant, since we don't know the definitive final cut-off date for characters in Brawl nor do we know if Sakurai consider relevant after the final Brawl character is in development (Aside from Sonic) or after Brawl's Japanese release. There's also other factors to consider when it comes to relevancy like importance to the series. He could get in, but even if I rate him at 70%, I can't really say we should expect him.

@Starphoenix: Do you think Saki Amamiya could be considered a retro character since he hasn't appeared in a game since 2000 (Brawl doesn't count)? My point being is that NES-only characters were considered retro characters in Melee, so that leads to my theory that if a character hasn't appeared in a game since three gaming generations ago, they are considered retro. Many people regard the NES and SNES as retro and I agree as well. Once the Wii-U comes around, so will the Nintendo 64. And with an expected 2014 release date, Saki Amamiya could very well be made playable because he would fit under the retro clause, not the irrelevancy clause. So I believe that Saki could very well not have to worry about irrelevancy at all consider her last game was in 2000.
Hey smashboards.
I've got a wonderful idea while browsing this topic ;
since the E3, I'm day-checking IGN, gameFAQ & smash boards, for real news.

Every day, I'm only seeing topics like "Geno for SSB4 ! What is your favourite char ? Is it going to be like Brawl or Melee ? Sakurai flames..."
and since there is 100 topics like that each day, I can't really find really informations. As I am in smashboards, I'll talk about this board : it is painful to go through 100 pages of "geno-love" "anti-toad", et caetera....

So, wouldn't be useful to make a REAL informative topic, with main information on the 1st page for instance ?

Thanks...
We NEED MORE Sonic CD music. God damn what a soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpo3TmMnx3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtOM0h-LZus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv7uWG7oZ8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okKXJMt-nXE

There could be remixes and medleys with good/bad future/past segments with the main song and even then World vs JPN soundtrack differences....

Now I've got myself too hype knowing they won't do this :x
I feel like we are running out of topics to go over with no new info on Smash.
Why do you think I'm more focused on making sigs and working on my stage concepts? Most of the series we are discussing still have titles yet to be released so trying to talk about them feels premature. Plus we have so little information I don't feel like wasting time over the same topics.

Right now I'm working on a comprehensive moveset, more sigs, another stage concept and am about to try making a kirby hat.
I know that much, life pretty much takes you by storm, wines you and end back here on SWF. :awesome:

Well knowing Sakurai, it's really hard to say whether or not a character is even likely to return, like Jiggs for example, even though she was previously in Melee and SSB64, she was pretty much on the cutting board for getting axed, if anything can be said it's that Sakurai can instantly change his opinion about any character.

As far as Paper Mario goes, he's definetly not a total shoe-in but he would most likely be considered at least.

Okay as far as the character roster goes I really don't expect to see over 55+ characters including transformations, if you read Sakurai's article he mentioned he possibly doesn't simply want to extend the game that Brawl expanded on, he mentioned that the roster might not go over 50 characters as well as stages, plus IMO having too many characters would possibly make Sora to screw the balancing, for that reason I believe that Sakurai might not expand on the roster as he did with Brawl, I'm expecting at least 48/49 characters to be included with tranformations.

Also as far as characters go I think Ike from Fire Emblem would probably return if we get no new FE game from Nintendo, and if indeed a new FE lord doesn't come to pass, I believe a 3rd rep such as the johnknight Black Knight should appear as a 3rd rep.

I really would like to see Bowser Jr. as a character, and I agree, he has definetly been playing recent major roles in the Mario series, his chances are real likely this time around even more than Paper Mario's, as far as Shadow Mario goes, he doesn't have to be a seperate character, if anything, he could be a transformation for Bowser Jr., it would definetly work wonders on him.

Sure he may be a retro character, but the problem with Pac-Man is that he's a 3rd character, but I do agree he would at least make a good WTF! character like Snake, but his chances are really doubtful next to Megaman if Sakurai decides not to expand on 3rd party guests.

I believe if would ONLY be considered given that Namco shows interest in Smash, the reason he was in Mario Kart was because of collaboration of his rights between Nintendo and Namco, I can only see Pac-Man happening if we hear any news concerning Namco's involvement, Sakurai isn't going to go far as to request Namco for his inclusion.

Agreed, seeing his revival on the Wii, plus his AT inclusion in Brawl I don't see why he shouldn't be in the roster, he is definetly popular with both modern and retro gamers alike, Punch-Out is a hit that's isn't likely to die anytime soon.

That doesn't make sense!

Of course Medusa is fictional along with Mario, Link, Pikachu, Sanus, Fox etc... Bringing up that point is irrelavent.

And who cares if Medusa is too "Godly" for Smash, heck the same can be said about Ganondorf he is a God like character and yet.... He's in Smash, if anything Medusa would make an awesome god-like female antagonist for Smash.

As for Palutena, she can be adjusted to be played as a character, sure she may have been Pit's Final Smash, but look at Charizard, he was previously part of the PokeBall characters yet Sakurai overlooked that and decided to scale him up to to playable character with hi-res polygons included, same can happen with Palutena, I honestly see it happening.
You guys get touchy really quick yo.
Pick your posion.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
No shortie that just confirms that they'll be stage elements, I'm talking characters.

IMO reset bombs would be better ATs than Thanatos.

Iblis I'm going to need a TL;DR

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
How would reset bombs work in comparison to Smart Bombs?

About 3rd parties, huh? Actually something I haven't heard in a while.

What do you people think are the most likely 3rd Parties?

I say, Sonic, Snake, Megaman, Prof. Layton, and Shulk.

Dis, lrn2read

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Wait, is Shulk a third party? I think Mega Man is definitely the most likely third party option

Also, I gotta agree with Oasis's old post up there. I prefer Melee to Brawl just a bit, but Brawl is a great game. A lot of work and effort I can tell was put into it. I don't like seeing all the hate on it, it could have been MUCH, much worse than people make it out to be. It could've been another Duke Nukem Forever

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'll wait until activity picks up in here. Can't really discuss anything with 2 people XD or maybe because we've done this too many times.

We out.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Reset bomb will rely on a single powerful impact rather than the multiple hits of a smart bomb. Also the reset bomb can temporarily immobility people like how it bonded certain humans to it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wait, is Shulk a third party? I think Mega Man is definitely the most likely third party option

Also, I gotta agree with Oasis's old post up there. I prefer Melee to Brawl just a bit, but Brawl is a great game. A lot of work and effort I can tell was put into it. I don't like seeing all the hate on it, it could have been MUCH, much worse than people make it out to be. It could've been another Duke Nukem Forever
You mean sorta like Return to Dreamland? :troll: :laugh:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Shulk is first party, and he would make a great addition. So much so I almost simply expect him to be in it.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
pokemon news coming this week! it's about time; black and white 2 come out in a matter of months and they've shown next to nothing about it. they're the only games on the horizon that i'm really interested in (aside from pikmin 3 and the obvious smash bros).

(beat)

oh right, what were we talking about? kirby games? i've played (and thoroughly enjoyed) Nightmare in Dream Land, Super Star Ultra, Kirby 64, and Return to Dream Land. i think it'd be cool to see (or i guess hear) the Super Copy Ability music in sm4sh in some capacity. maybe final smashes could get musical accompaniment?

@shulk: they raised enough of a stink about xenoblade that i can't see shulk not being added.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Same here. Really hoping we get Xenoblade representation. The game is too good to go unnoticed.
I'm hoping for some TLS stuff. Like, an Assist Trophy, and regular trophies. I don't know much about the game yet. (Not spoiling it for me) BUT, I know the game is not AS popular as Xenoblade, but it's pretty close.

I don't expect a playable character from either, but, I think Xenoblade could have a level? Not that Shulk or, Elza/Kanan would be bad adds, just... gut feelings say no.

yani

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for some TLS stuff. Like, an Assist Trophy, and regular trophies. I don't know much about the game yet. (Not spoiling it for me) BUT, I know the game is not AS popular as Xenoblade, but it's pretty close.

I don't expect a playable character from either, but, I think Xenoblade could have a level? Not that Shulk or, Elza/Kanan would be bad adds, just... gut feelings say no.
I'm not sure who actually owns TLS, but if Ninty does in fact own it then I'd also love to see stuff too.

Xenoblade definitely needs a level, and the game has a beautiful soundtrack to go along with it. Shulk is definitely icing on the cake though. So far it's the highest user rated JRPG in Japan this gen, so that's a good sign :3

Pit and Shulk teaming up in the SSE would be bad ***.

Wait he is? More power to him then.

Speaking of which, I need to pick up his game too
Yes, and YES you do :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nintendo owns The Last Story, and Xenoblade. I DO NOT KNOW, about Pandora's Tower though.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm kinda hyped for more than one game now. Strange.

EDIT: Couple of minutes into watching the game...there's good VA, omg

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nintendo owns The Last Story, and Xenoblade. I DO NOT KNOW, about Pandora's Tower though.
Pandora's Tower is Nintendo property. Just read it in the latest Iwata Asks.

I'm still calling it, we are going to get a Xenoblade stage with music from Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Gaur Plains
Xenoblade Chronicles - Fight!
Xenoblade Chronicles - Mechanical Rythym
Xenoblade Chronicles - One Who Gets in Our Way
Xenoblade Chronicles - Those Who Bear Their Name
The Last Story - Battle Banquet
The Last Story - The One Ruling Everything (Last Battle)
The Last Story - Invitation To Madness
The Last Story - The Flying One (Kanan's Theme)
The Last Story - Dance of Death
Pandora's Tower - Boss Music
Find Mii - Ultimate Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom