• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Only croc we need is King K.Rool

:phone:
Like I said, it'd be delicious to see him, but I have none-o the ingrediants, anyways. :troll:

But I disagree with you if I mention a Pkmn trainer from Johto.,, Croconaw ftw :cool: He looks like a mix of a caveman (belly pattern) and a hint of Gothczilla. Awesome.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't know why you all are getting heated about additional Sonic characters, of all things. That's something we're pretty clearly not going to get, so why fret?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't know why you all are getting heated about additional Sonic characters, of all things. That's something we're pretty clearly not going to get, so why fret?

It was quite clear we weren't getting Snake, pre Brawl.

What's that box doing, there..? :troll:

To my point, I don't think that way because Sakurai's thrown so many surprises. Hell, I'd laugh of shock if Crash or Spyro made it in. What I'm saying is that yeah, don't overheat, but also don't turn off the engine, if you see what I mean, dare.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh no, me and Golden are gonna have to disagree for once :(

Metal Sonic is a BAMF, Mecha Sonic was cool and all in Sonic and Knuckles, but Metal Sonic is just better overall

Crash and Spyro, huh? I have only one answer to that: Parappa :cool:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Metal Sonic is a BAMF, Mecha Sonic was cool and all in Sonic and Knuckles, but Metal Sonic is just better overall

First off, yes. Metal Sonic is awesome. Bring him back because I know you'd main dat :cool:

Secondly, you've earned my respect for knowing that epicness. *bro fist*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

You do realize that Title Fight will have Parappa. It would'nt make sense to have a Sony character in Smash because they will have their own persinal fighting game and for his lack of appearances on a Nintendo console. We'll never see Banjo and Kazooie for a similar reason (being brought out by Microsoft).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was just thinking of something. Between all of the regulars on this thread/those in the Backroom, movesets have been made for tons of characters. Are there really any potential newcomers who have not had a full moveset done by us?

I was just curious.

Muddy Mole for Smash 4.

It worked for Ridley ;D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always thought Kirby Air Ride was an underrated game
It is a casual racing game, and has very simple controls. I guess gamers prefer more intense racing games.

Air Ride's only flaw was no online play.
It does have LAN capabilities though, which is a small step closer to Wi-Fi.

Rainbow Road as a stage. Starship Mario in the background. Problem solved. :awesome:

There is Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road to think about too.

I agree. If Smash Bros. continues for the next few decades, Waluigi will make it, and IMO will deserve it. Pre-Brawl and for Brawl I opposed Takamaru. Not because I hate Takamaru, but because I prefer other characters over him by a considerable amount. Now, I would be totally happy with Takamaru being playable.

Although I would actually give Waluigi the edge over Rosalina unless Rosalina is in a future canon Mario title, or Rosalina would make a better late-add on clone of Peach than Waluigi would be as a clone of Luigi or Wario (in Sakurai's eyes).
I can understand making Daisy a Peach clone, but not Rosalina. Heck, I'm still quite disturbed that Ganondorf didn't get a complete moveset overhaul in Brawl. Sakurai really needs to be more creative with his moveset creations.

Well it could happen. It's just not something to expect.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I could see Rosalina as a Peach clone personally. Maybe a different Down B in animation, but it could work imo.

Still would be better than Waluigi. However, I am interested in reading a possible moveset for him. Cause I wanna know exactly what he could do.

If custom-made moves are possible, I think you'd be able to pick moves for Waluigi which either would be cloned from Luigi, or Wario lol

What about half clones? Half of Luigi's moveset (the Smash attacks and other ground attacks) and the other half being Wario's moves (aerials and special moves mostly, instead of a bike, Waluigi rides a kart lolz). And maybe an unique B move.

Are we open for that? Half clones?

Agree with John aka His Knightlyness though that Waluigi should probably make it in the series eventually if Smash continues after these 2 games. He's been around long enough by then to just deserve it, but not like how Toad needs it now imo. I'd probably even be cool if Waluigi made it a long with Toad, as long as he's just slightly unique somehow (aka not Dr.Mario). But then I'd probably still prefer Bowser Jr., as I could picture him being more fun simply.

But Toad alone should do. :smirk: After that, for me its between Bowser Jr. and Rosalina probably. Both I feel would AT LEAST share SOME moves with Bowser and Peach respectively, but they could still have their own uniqueness. I picture Jr. as more unique though due to his size and frame. He'd probably play a like Bowser, but be a bit more agile. You know, I'd totally be cool with Jr. being a starter, and Bowser being an (heavily statistically revamped) unlockable. As the Bowser we have now is quite failing. He'd work much better as either smaller and faster (being Jr., and otherwise: wouldn't make sense) or much bigger and heavier (for the new unlockable Bowser, this time not a practice dummy but the real deal lol). Bigger frame would mean increased range to, so all big weaknesses Bowser had would be gone.

Rosalina I feel would only have a different Up B, Down B and Forward Smash to work (Toad shield = Luma shield). Which may or may not be more different than Jr. could or would be (I see him vary mostly in B moves, all other moves besides Side B and neutral B and maybe Down B I could see Jr. do as well).

But yeah, guess I'm leaning towards Jr.

CAB77

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I have recently discovered something that you Earthbound fans may or may not have heard of. There are a few theories connecting Mewtwo to Giegue (antagonist from Mother, later becomes Giygas for Mother 2/Earthbound). Apparently they both look sort of similar and both use psychic powers.

Annyyyyyway, I thought it'd be cool if Giegue was turned into a Smasher for the next installment. He'd be sort of a throw back to Mewtwo for everyone that loved him because he'd look similar and have psychic attacks, but he'd also have a lot of room for the Smash team to go Freelance, as he hasn't been around in such a long time.

I think that it would be a great chance to introduce a new character while still spiritually bringing back a fan favorite (Mewtwo), while simultaneously giving the series a new Mother rep (he would, technically, be Mother 1's rep!!!! :D) and a new villain!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not before Impa is the spiritual successor to Sheik.

Though yeah, I suppose it could work. But then I'd rather also actually have Mewtwo back himself as a clone. It's still interesting as an idea. But Porky would probably be chosen first as a Mother villain. A Giygas inspired alternate outfit would also be awesome for Mewtwo. As I doubt myself he'd not get included after being demanded so much. But I really wouldn't be upset with this either actually

Would maybe be hypocritical if I did?

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
But moveset wise, how would Giegue play? Similar to Mewtwo? I'd much rather just have Duster or Fassad w/Salsa. Much more interesting than anything Mewtwo or Giegue could bring back to the table.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If he'd have Melee Mewtwo's fail moveset (meaning, including Confusion and Disable, as well as no added weight, power or buffs in general) I'd rather indeed perhaps have Giygas. But Mewtwo needs to return gloriously so... I'd rather have him still. Just for being Mewtwo.

Also, no Mother character beats Mewtwo. Not even game-true Ness and Lucas. Mewtwo was held down to much to fit into Melee, but he had a great moveset appart from Side and Down B. Sure he was weak, but in Melee, so was Mr.Game&Watch. I don't think its unthinkable Mewtwo will receive a buff similar to him.

Porky is still the best choice imo for a new Mother character. Maybe in a mech much smaller than he had in the Brawl boss battle, but perhaps something similar still. Only problem might be jumping. Can't picture him doing double jumps lol

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Just want to throw this into the Giegue discussion, I think Pokey/Porky would be a better Mother villain to add. Giegue covers Ninten and Ness, but Pokey covers Ness and Lucas. That, and he was in Brawl which gives him a slight push away from obscurity.

I'm playing through KI: Uprising and I don't see Medusa as likely anymore. I would love Palutena though, her and Pit's banter is brilliant.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
See, that's the thing about clones that gets to me. If Rosalina were to appear (not that I think she will, even though I love her character), and she were even a Luigified clone of Peach, it'd be a total waste. She'd lose so much of her personality and charm by just having Peach's moves stuck on her.

It works for some clones, but not all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Why does it seem like so many characters that we want are going to be clones
Well, it's not that they're GOING to be clones. It's that it's more possible that they could be clones, which is a bunch of horse **** because every character can be unique within themselves, but Sakurai gets lazy if they're similar in body type and just eats his creativity, pretty much.

Cheer up, we still have Impa :awesome:

Impa could be a Shiek or ZSamus clone. Start panicing.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lol but she has no gun :laugh: Sheik clone is possible, Sheik spiritual successor as well.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Cheer up, we still have Impa :awesome:

Diddy, how good of a chance do you think Impa has into making it in Sm4sh? Honestly, there are a lot of other characters that have a better chance of getting in than her. I think Ghirahim has a better chance too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Lol but she has no gun :laugh: Sheik clone is possible, Sheik spiritual successor as well.

I'm sure that MAGIC can be used for dat (B)...

Diddy, how good of a chance do you think Impa has into making it in Sm4sh? Honestly, there are a lot of other characters that have a better chance of getting in than her. I think Ghirahim has a better chance too.

EDIT: I'm gunna call this one: Either:
A) Goes ape****
B) Coils to his chair crying, while typing some sort of protection for Impa.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Maybe to start another discussion, but Iwata Asks: Kid Icarus Uprising has finally been updated.

EDIT: They certainly bring up Palutena a lot in the interview.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
She's not a one off, has an important recent role / revival in the series (not many characters get this in the series), she's been there from the start of the series as well, and she is the only character to legitimately replace Sheik for. I say her chances are good, as far as Zelda newcomers go.

It also helps that Sheik in fact is already in the game, for now. It helps them to base Impa upon, as there are still some (normal) moves needed for inspiration, and Sheik's moves where all made up.

Ghirahim aka Queerahim would only open more oppertunities for Impa to be in, starring in the same game and all. Them being sort of rivals also helps with this.

Anyway. It's really doubtful they will leave Zelda with its characters like this. Sheik also seemed to me as likely to get removed pre-Brawl, and it seemed her inclusion was pretty much thanks to having a scrapped Twilight Princess design ready to get used (along with the obvious other designs as Link, Zelda and Gdorf). But seeing as there is no SS Sheik design, I think the Smash team will be prompted to use Impa instead.

That's unless Sheik returned in the next Zelda game though. Which I feel is highly unlikely.

So yes. Can we have Impa now?

Jakor

Smash Ace
I believe Impa has better chances than Ghirahim, honestly. Ghirahim is a one shot, just like Zant and Midna, and neither of those two got in Brawl.

I'm pretty sure there will be a new Zelda character in Smash 4, as there hasn't been a new one since Melee.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
She's not a one off, has an important recent role / revival in the series (not many characters get this in the series), she's been there from the start of the series as well, and she is the only character to legitimately replace Sheik for. I say her chances are good, as far as Zelda newcomers go.

It also helps that Sheik in fact is already in the game, for now. It helps them to base Impa upon, as there are still some (normal) moves needed for inspiration, and Sheik's moves where all made up.

Ghirahim aka Queerahim would only open more oppertunities for Impa to be in, starring in the same game and all. Them being sort of rivals also helps with this.

Anyway. It's really doubtful they will leave Zelda with its characters like this. Sheik also seemed to me as likely to get removed pre-Brawl, and it seemed her inclusion was pretty much thanks to having a scrapped Twilight Princess design ready to get used (along with the obvious other designs as Link, Zelda and Gdorf). But seeing as there is no SS Sheik design, I think the Smash team will be prompted to use Impa instead.

That's unless Sheik returned in the next Zelda game though. Which I feel is highly unlikely.

So yes. Can we have Impa now?

Told ya. I honestly think they should just say **** both of them. BUT that's just me.

I believe Impa has better chances than Girahim, honestly. Girahim is a one shot, just like Zant and Midna, and neither of those two got in Brawl.
Young Link. *throws money at him*

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Maybe to start another discussion, but Iwata Asks: Kid Icarus Uprising has finally been updated.

EDIT: They certainly bring up Palutena a lot in the interview.
The one thing of focus is that Sakurai really focuses on multiplayer. He mentioned he made a large single player, but he asked people to try multiplayer even once. He loves seeing the strategies people come up with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Young Link vs Skyward Sword Link vs Ganondorf vs Impa?

I don't think Young Link is too great a contender either. Unless Majora's Mask gets remade. Quickly.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Young Link vs Skyward Sword Link vs Ganondorf vs Impa?

I don't think Young Link is too great a contender either. Unless Majora's Mask gets remade. Quickly.

Okay, first off. No on Skyward Sword Link. Did you SEE Wii U Link? I could piss on SS Link, and rain gold on that gameplay art for Wii U Link.

Also:

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
TLink
YLink

Where's the issue? Or are we going to cry from our *** because theres three Links? If they could just declone them... GOD.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe Toon Link himself is even unnecessary if he and regular Link blend in one character, who'd basically be Skyward Sword Link. Who's a badass.

I've seen Zelda Wii U Link. Maybe Link will look more similar to that to, but I don't expect this game will be full HD anyway. More of a graphic update to Brawl.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Give Link all of the attributes that make Toon Link superior, update Link's appearance to SS or Wii U Tech Demo appearance and then trash Toon Link. Problem solved. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Maybe Toon Link himself is even unnecessary if he and regular Link blend in one character, who'd basically be Skyward Sword Link. Who's a badass.

I've seen Zelda Wii U Link. Maybe Link will look more similar to that to, but I don't expect this game will be full HD anyway. More of a graphic update to Brawl.

HD Lucario and Victini...

...I'm Sorry, I almost ****ed myself. ;A;

@Aaven

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I believe Impa has better chances than Ghirahim, honestly. Ghirahim is a one shot, just like Zant and Midna, and neither of those two got in Brawl.

I'm pretty sure there will be a new Zelda character in Smash 4, as there hasn't been a new one since Melee.
But Ghirahim has a bigger fanbase than Impa so that is why I thought he had a better chance than Impa.

And Toon Link was the Zelda franchises new character even they he was just a clone replacement of Young link.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Okay, first off. No on Skyward Sword Link. Did you SEE Wii U Link? I could piss on SS Link, and rain gold on that gameplay art for Wii U Link.

Also:

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf
TLink
YLink

Where's the issue? Or are we going to cry from our *** because theres three Links? If they could just declone them... GOD.
It is the worst Zelda roster. Basically the only unique characters are Link, Zelda, and Sheik. The rest are clones of Link or Captain Falcon. There is no variety.

Just cut Toon Link, make regular Link as good as Toon Link was, and add Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link (as a 3-in-1 character Masked Link) and Tingle. Instant variety while technically keeping a Child Link character.

Jakor

Smash Ace
If it were up to me, the Zelda roster in Smash 4 would be:
Link
Zelda/Sheik (or just Zelda)
Ganondorf (with a new moveset)
Impa
Tingle

Skull Kid would be interesting too.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It is the worst Zelda roster. Basically the only unique characters are Link, Zelda, and Sheik. The rest are clones of Link or Captain Falcon. There is no variety.

Just cut Toon Link, make regular Link as good as Toon Link was, and add Deku Link, Goron Link, Zora Link (as a 3-in-1 character Masked Link) and Tingle. Instant variety while technically keeping a Child Link character.

I put TLink in with YLink because people, you see, get butthurt if their favored child isn't in SSB4.

Now you know.

Also, might I ask why, and how, Link is a clone in anyway of Captain Falcon? That sounds silly.

But, seeing as none of dem'r on, I'll post my true favored roster:

Link
Ganondorf
Zelda/Shiek
Young Link
Ghirahim

Ghirahim versus YLink... Lol...

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I would love to see Skull Kid and Young link. Except I want to see YL with his different mask transformations. Like pokemon trainer and his 3 different pokemon transformations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom