• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Don't forget Shake It!, where he puts his acrofatic skills to work.

As for Rufus, Kuma, I'm not quite sure he's got the muscles Wario does...I'm pretty sure that Rufus just has a lot of control over his flab.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
[COLLAPSE="Wario"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I think at one point Wario ACTUALLY had the whole italian guy "Is he fat or really strong?" thing going for him, but more or less in brawl, he looks fat.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I considered it, and then decided no on it because it makes no sense. You dance around everything people point out is wrong with it, and then continue on as if they never said it.

The rest of this post i spent hopelessly trying to discredit Sheik, a popular character, who may not be that important, yes, but isn't going anywhere. Instead utterly failing at convincing anyone that Sheik is a bad choice, and should be removed, I would suggest you centering your argument around Impa being an easy add clone. Even then, most people woundn't want her because clones suck, and not many even like Impa. I can't believe I'm actually responding to this either, because at the end of the day Impa just isn't replacing, Sheik. It's not happening, and that's that.
Impa could be quite unique, only resembling Sheik slightly. The only moves I'd suggest they borrow from Sheik is Up Tilt, F Air, F Tilt and another few aerials. She would mostly resemble Sheik in terms of weight, jumping and speed. Combine that with those few moves and you still have most of Sheiks prominent playstyle.

Most people who have completed Skyward Sword disagree with you though. Impa HAS a better role than Sheik had. You haven't played it obviously, so you wouldn't know.

You didn't go into my points either... :/ Even though I've listed plenty.

And even though Snake has so many weapons, he should perhaps rival ones as Link... Not freakin Donkey Kong and Bowser who easily would weight above 500kgs.

Wario needs to be bigger than Pikachu :/ he is smaller now or same sized. Pikachu needs to be Olimar like small.
And Wario being fat but strong is quite easy. He just eats much. Eating much makes you stronger if you lift, but Wario obviously eats more than he lifts lolz

:phone:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Shortie: yep, just like that.

Only one reason why he looks fat in Brawl: Warioware-representation. (WW-Wario hasn't gone adventuring much, so its no wonder he's gained weight.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Most people who have completed Skyward Sword disagree with you though. Impa HAS a better role than Sheik had. You haven't played it obviously, so you wouldn't know.

You didn't go into my points either... :/ Even though I've listed plenty.
When did I say Sheik had a better role? In Smash, she most definitely does, something you're not willing to aknowledge. The fact that Sheik has made it into the last two Smash bros is reason enough to stop the Sheik should be cut for Impa debate. And that is the reason there is no reason to go over your points, they are irrelevent for the most part. And when you take away the "Impa should replace Sheik" argument, what are you left with? Not much.

@YHT I think you're probably right. Even in the trophy he has in Melee, he's STRONG looking. It's probably WW that killed it for him. Which does suck, despite me liking Mona.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I say everyone who plays Diddy Kong in Brawl MUST play as Sheik
I don't mind her playstyle actually, just her still being there. Midna would've been SO much better to have.

And shorty, I believe I throughly pointed out WHY Sheik is popular didn't I? And also why she is still in Brawl the first place? Read that post again please.

ManicRaider

Smash Cadet
So are some of you guys saying Sheik is outdated? I don't think that has any relevance at all. Turning into Sheik is kinda like an ability Zelda has. Maybe not canonically but in the spirit of Smash it's ok. R.O.B is old, so does that mean he should never have been made into a character?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
His hands are twice the size of his feet.
Sounds like one of those things where you tell someone "If your hands are larger than your face, you have cancer/the gay." And then when they put their hand to their face, you smack it into them with your own hand.

Though it creates a sort of unnecessary middleman when you could just smack them in the face without their hand in the way. Supposedly that's not as funny though. Supposedly.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And shorty, I believe I throughly pointed out WHY Sheik is popular didn't I? And also why she is still in Brawl the first place? Read that post again please.
You act as if those things matter. Popularity is popularity, and despite anything you say, Sheik got in to Brawl because Sakurai wanted her, not some crazy delusions you suggest like the only reason she got in was because they had a design of her in storage somwhere.

Really, you haven't said anything that I feel needs to SERIOUSLY be addressed.

Sheik is ninja esque character placeholder. Hence her popularity. Ninjas are over hyped. So is Sheik.
Woooooooooooow. I don't think I need to take this any further if this is your reasoning behind why Sheik is popular. Discussion, over.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Says he likes her playstyle

Then says he doesn't like her

"*****, I'm in love with yo booty, not you"
Sheik is ninja esque character placeholder. Hence her popularity. Ninjas are over hyped. So is Sheik.

If you can get some, why not have some, Sakurai must've thought.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: LOOOL

BTW, in SSE, Goombas behaviour and attacks = SPOTON AND HOW EVERY ENEMY FROM NINTENDO'S FRANCHISES MUST BE REPRESENTATED IN SSB'S ADVENTURE MODE!!!

I mean, SMB sideway waddling + SM64 ramming attack where Goomba's running becomes faster until he hits the target!!

Its like a legacy!! Why we have ****ing Kirby-enemy copycats instead of HUGE VARIETY of Nintendo's enemy characters?!!

SAKURAIII---

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
To be fair, if SSE was full of the Nintendo enemies you know and love, they'd all be pretty much the same in how they attack. Sakurai's had a lot more variety to them. But we don't know and love them, so they're balls. Except Popant. That thing was adorable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You act as if those things matter. Popularity is popularity, and despite anything you say, Sheik got in to Brawl because Sakurai wanted her, not some crazy delusions you suggest like the only reason she got in was because they had a design of her in storage somwhere.

Really, you haven't said anything that I feel needs to SERIOUSLY be addressed.

Woooooooooooow. I don't think I need to take this any further if this is your reasoning behind why Sheik is popular. Discussion, over.
Read my post. The one which got you replying to all this. THERE you find reason, not which such a small portion I posted here. If you think thats all while not reading my post, yet calling me stupid I don't think I have words left for you my dear sir.

D

Deleted member

I would've loved to have a Sonic level where you fight Badniks, then face Eggman as a boss...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
SSE as a whole was just a complete mess, in my opinion. Uninspired enemies, bosses (for the most part) AND locales, confusing storyline, barely any side quests or replayability, and overall just a little too much Kirby inspiration...

The whole thing felt like a chore to play through, just a lame way to unlock all the characters in the game

I'm hoping Sakurai really steps for Adventure Mode this time around

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oasis: it doesn't have to be necessarily FULL of Ninty-enemies...

A "fun" project may be to make a list of substitutes for all the SSE enemies.

It's not like it CAN'T be done, but how many "Koopa Troopa" and "Goomba" type enemies are there. Are Kremlings and Koopas really that different? Goombas and Waddle Dees?

Of course, Space Pirates have them beat. BD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's almost ROMANTIC. Y'know, one man sticking to his beliefs against all odds and junk. Truly a man. However sad.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If Sheik gets a new appearance that is not a OOT remake, and if Impa isn't in there with a much bigger role. That's when.

What's sad about freshing up the roster I wonder?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You can't stomp on Waddle Dees.There are different kinds of Kremlings, and they could be given attacks and such to differentiate them from Goombas. Krushas are good examples of this, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom