• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder why this hasn't been implemented anywhere

I suppose the concept simply died off

Its what comes to mind whenever barrels in movesets are discussed.
One of the reasons I wanted a Dixie/Kiddy team is this. In DKC3, Dixie could do that on top of a rolling Kiddy.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Can you further explain your concept of the bubble gum attack to me? The way I was thinking of it acting would be similar to Mewtwo's Shadow ball in some repects. Just, it would be much slower and linger around the level longerm, sort of like a floating explosive, just waiting to be tapped.

You could like, spit it out, and base your attacks around getting your opponent to fall into it/knock them into it ect.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they draw anything from Dixie, it should be DKC2

Few games have come to that level since.

Though I do wish they made a DKC game with 3 kongs. They flying of Dixie, the agility of Diddy, and the strength of Donkey

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If they draw anything from Dixie, it should be DKC2

Few games have come to that level since.

Though I do wish they made a DKC game with 3 kongs. They flying of Dixie, the agility of Diddy, and the strength of Donkey
Or just make DCK(R2? Or 4? 5?) with all three of them in it. Not new kongs. Old kongs. Old K. Rool. Or have a new forth kong? Just maybe FINALLY use Redneck Kong :troll: or Country Kong. Whatever his name was.

If there was a forth playable Kong, they would need something special about them... Maybe a kong that specializes in attacks? Or a kong with a projectile? Spam Kong? Iunno. Maybe incorperate Tiny, or Lanky? No? Okay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

On another more camp note. I found this little convo, and I would like to post it here for you femme lovers.

Arcade:
Midna won't get in Smash. Ever. No one will care about her when that new Zelda game comes out and everyone starts gushing over the pointy-headed fairy sword girl. Just like everyone stopped caring about Vaati when Midna showed up. And like everyone stopped caring about Tetra when Vaati showed up.
Kuma:
Have you been drinking the Wizzerd Kool-Aid?
Wizzerd:
What's wrong with the statement? It's happened to other characters so how is Midna special?
Kuma:
I'm not saying Midna is an exception. What you need to get is that older characters aren't tossed aside like old software when new characters come about. The new characters are welcomed like a new member of the family.
Wizzerd:
To Nintendo, perhaps. To fans, older characters lose their popularity by quite a bit, like what happened with the Skull Kid (after he stopped getting important roles after MM), KoRL and Agahnim. It doesn't really mean anything anyway, as one-shot characters are unlikely to get in.
Kuma:
Characters don't necessarily lose popularity. What tends to happen is that the new one gets a lot of attention at first and then the popularity settles down after a while. A good example of this is the Final Fantasy series.

Just because a character doesn't get a new role doesn't mean anything. It depends on where their place in the story is, and if they are flexible enough to be a recurring character in future games.
Eat this, yes, swallow the medicine you white haired camp lovers.

Also, this is a nice TIDBIT about the development of online play, and some smart insight on Bowser Jr, and characters IN HIS POSITION, coming straight from the legend himself, FMOI.
It pretty much was. Iwata said at E3 05 at the next Smash Bros game would have wifi despite the game not even beginning development until October 2005. In "Sakurai's journal" that was posted shortly after E3 2006, he still talked about whether or not they were even going to attempt putting in online because, according to him, it was going to be extremelly difficult for a game like Smash Bros. At the time, he seemed to be leaning towards no because it was such a big obstacle to overcome given the Wii's limited wifi capabilities. With that being said, I think that the extremelly high fan demand made him change his mind.

Regarding Bowser Jr, I don't really care for the idea because I don't trust the developers enough with him to make him unique. Basically, I see him basically being Bowser's answer to Link's Toon Link. He has stuff to make him unique but I seriously doubt that the developers would make it a priority and I can kind of see him as one of those characters that's added at the last minute to bolster the final roster
Man, I miss this thread.

Also,
Kuma's right, BJ has as many fans as haters
Kuma is right you guys. HE'S SO RIGHT.

Toise also posted a nice little write up on over-representation, so yeah. Read.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If that Mach Rider: Unchained rumor ended up being true, would you guys have supported Mach Rider for Smash?
When Starphoenix first brought that up, I didn't like the thought of Mach Rider. I mean, he's basically proto-Falcon, right?

Until.

I noticed something he could do that no one else could.

And then I was obsessed with him for a while, even going so far as to marathon all the Mad Max movies to get a better feel for what he's based on.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And then I was obsessed with him for a while, even going so far as to marathon all the Mad Max movies to get a better feel for what he's based on.
All the while folding laundry.

Also, I found this:
1.Jiggs has been here ever since Smash 64. (It wouldn't be a big deal If Sakurai didn't mind much, but he even acknowledges Jigglypuff and Ness along with possible others I missed in the dojo updates) It IS a huge thing.
2.Jiggs is the second most popular pokemon. (Ask Toise for the poll) - It's an american one too.
3.Pokemon wise, asides from anime, there aren't that many important ones (Asides from PT, who we already have)
4.The roster was decided for brawl in 2005 (Discluding sonic), Jiggs was just put at the end due to the glitch of passing through things apparently (Or something else)
5.Sakurai doesn't even fave much control over the Pokemon choices and the Pokemon Co even agrees that jigglypuff is an icon enough.
6.Jigglypuff has a unique moveset (I hear multitudes of fans screaming "MEWTWOOOOOO" But Mewtwo is awkward. Half of his moves or so in melee involve his tail)
7.One of the major things people screamed about with brawl was removing characters, and those were characters with only one Smash Debut and asides from Mewtwo, all clones.
Written by TTK

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
  1. ♛Omega™ 9,501
  2. Oasis_S 3,261
  3. Starphoenix 3,075
  4. Super Smash Bros. Fan 2,980
  5. berserker01 2,974
  6. Shortiecanbrawl 2,960
  7. xIblisx 2,420
  8. --- 2,017
  9. asage94 1,894
  10. Metal Overlord 1,817
  11. nLiM8d 1,801
  12. HyperFalcon 1,446
  13. KumaOso 1,368
  14. PsychoIncarnate 1,293
  15. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy 1,227
  16. Johnknight1 1,058
I'm that high on the list? Well DAMN, Omega, has more post in this thread than I have since I've logged onto this site for competitive play.

I MEAN DAMN, how the hell do you put 3-4 year's worth of posting into one thread that hasn't even seen half a year of activity?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm getting similar feelings as well. That feeling is that all Nintendo Brawl vets will stay but Sonic and Snake won't return due to being third-party in Brawl.
I would actually be more bothered by Lucario and Ike leaving than Sonic and Snake since the latter two are "guests".
At least Sonic actually appeared in a Mario crossover. There's also the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest characters as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm that high on the list? Well DAMN, Omega, has more post in this thread than I have since I've logged onto this site for competitive play.

I MEAN DAMN, how the hell do you put 3-4 year's worth of posting into one thread that hasn't even seen half a year of activity?
Wait, I'm on 9th of what?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
All you have to do is, while looking at the General Brawl Discussion index, under the REPLIES column, just click that number and a little window will pop up showing everyone's amount of posts in this thread.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
All you have to do is, while looking at the General Brawl Discussion index, under the REPLIES column, just click that number and a little window will pop up showing everyone's amount of posts in this thread.
Oh, THAT'S what it is... Well, then Omega is destined to be a Sm4sh fan 4 life Lol

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Woow, thanks for telling! (-^0^-)

I guess it won't be hard to see the recurring posters now on.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
On the Wii U discussion, this comic reminded me of a certain problem:

I like Wireless, but...
~

In another note, I've been looking at characters to get rid of/revamp because they're too good. I have my top three:
#1: MK (Duh)
#2: Wario (Aerial Lugnut T_T)
#3: Olimar (God Shields? Well, Wtf..?)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@asage94: This only happens if you don't use the strap that's included with the Wii Remote. I've had my Wii for over 5 years, and not even one TV got broken.

Of course, Smash Bros. doesn't exactly use motion-sensing controls, so this is a moot point.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's a whole site dedicated to those problems with the wiimote :laugh:

If the strap issue is in it, then I have a very wonderful tip for those people:
People need to wise up and just read the god forsaken guide. It'll take you, what, 5 minutes or maybe 15 depending on how big it is? Good lord...

yani_

Smash Ace
Yeah at first it was with the old strap but I havent looked in so long. Google "Wii have a problem" it should come up

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Wiimote strap = Wiimote's lifesaver jacket. I can't ever tell ya how much I've had been saved from stupid controller-stealing lil bro's and dangerous situations after remembering to strap it up always. (-l_l-)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I didn't read the guide. I figured out what the strap was for the minute I saw it. :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Anyway guys, back to topic, plz-

Yani, ya seem to be one of the humongous amount of Geno-supporters. If Geno made it, how things be represented regarding him (trophy, stage, music, etc)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
ファルコンパンチ

Copy and paste this to Google translate, then listen to how it sounds. I personally thought the translating girl made a reference to Ryu...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I read Falcon Punch. DOn't need a translator LOL

Next time, instead of "chi" use "chu" for the katakana translation of punch/

yani_

Smash Ace
Well if Geno got in I'd like to see a stage based on Super Mario RPG's Forest Maze. There's some pretty cool hacks on youtube for Geno/Forest Maze. The original Forest Maze track + the scrapped Brawl version would have to be there too. His final smash trophy could be the Geno Whirl (this attack can do 9999 damage in the game on most enemies + 2 bosses). I'd also hope to see a Mallow AT/ trophy & a Smithy trophy. :)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@SSBF: God dammit, your avatar is making me want to watch the First Movie again.
I haven't seen a Pokemon anything in a while, and both SSBFan's avatar and asage's devotion to Pokemon make me want to do Pokemon again.

I was going to make a "48" slot roster, but I thought making a "COMPLETE" roster would be more fun, which is going to take a while. In the meantime, I'll post my old roster. I still stand by all the decisions, although I would be willing to make a few minor changes.

Great roster. Sure, I'd like Captain Syrup more than Mona and I don't care for Miis and Takamaru, but they don't degrade the roster overall.

There are a few factors to consider though.

1. The economy.
2. The fact that a peripheral is required to play it.
3. The game comes out near the end of the Wii's life cycle.
4. Consider the audience on the Wii. The core players are truly a minority with this system.
That is why I can't play Skyward Sword right now. :c

Little to no sleep, one-sentence or even one-word posts, telling everyone about your great schemes and hyping them over time until nothing happens and everyone walks away disappointed and Pranked! ... That's how Omega did it. :laugh:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Java: I remember Oasis drawing Omega as a parrot due the fact that he mostly agreed with others and never said anything from his own behalf. (-lwl-);

D

Deleted member

He really didnt speak on his own behalf lol
Yeah, he liked to flow from one side to another. Starphoenix even had to call him out for not forming his own opinions (I remember that fondly).

Speaking of which, Oasis_S should make a picture of Victini if it was a hot dog.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Haha, Omega really was a silly guy at times, but I'm gonna be honest, he was probably my best friend on here other than maybe y. toonlink. :love:

He double posted faster than a bish though, lol.

... Y'all could, you know, post something?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Java: I remember Oasis drawing Omega as a parrot due the fact that he mostly agreed with others and never said anything from his own behalf. (-lwl-);
Oasis, BRING IT OUT. Please.

Haha, Omega really was a silly guy at times, but I'm gonna be honest, he was probably my best friend on here other than maybe y. toonlink. :love:

He double posted faster than a bish though, lol.
Omega wasn't a great "contributor", but he was a fun personality to have around, so I wouldn't mind him returning to the thread even if it means this thread flying at twice as fast a pace. :p

I can't even think of anything on-topic to say that I haven't said before. Err, I guess I want a better Adventure Mode with lots of unlockables and increased replayability.

Do you guys mind if I just re-post old ideas in my laziness and need for a topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom