• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Little Mac is running alongside a dirt road while Doc Louis bicycles ahead of him as part of Mac's daily exercise regimen. Suddenly, he is attacked by a fierce group of enemies. Doc Louis brakes to a screeching halt while Little Mac responds to the new opponents by welcoming them with a flurry of jabs and uppercuts. He has the upper hand until more enemies begin to flood in. Soon the enemy forces begin to overwhelm Little Mac and his coach, who is advising him from the side. Just then a noise can be heard, a noise causing both the enemies and Little Mac to look yonder down the road. Glistening under the sun flashes of light pierce through a fog of dust and dirt. Sounds of a roaring engine become louder the closer this cloud comes. Once the cloud begins to descend upon the group out of this cloud emerges a figure leaping from his bike. Taking down the enemies as he descends onto the ground. Little Mac is stunned to discover this mysterious figure is not an enemy but an ally. Mach Rider has come to the rescue.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
(I think I'm becoming the next Omega here soon... (-óυò-); )

Star: Goodygoodies, I didn't seriously expect Mach Rider at the end.Imagine the hype.
(-l[]l-);

Oasis: Lulz, that should happen after Mach Rider's reveal cutscene Star wrote.

BTW, I thought of Toad and how he'd be portrayed in this story: he'd be shown as very cowardly fellow. Toad's mentioned as Peach's bodyguard, but he seemingly can't really protect that well. Pit would be either be confused by this, maybe going so far as to make fun of Toad for his cowardice (Could there be a cutscene where they talk seriously about bodyguarding...)

Maybe somewhere before another major boss, there could be a cutscene where things look very bad: Peach is in very great danger, no Mario in sight. Toad gets very despaired, but then the more he sees Peach suffer and fighters getting beaten up, the more he thinks he HAS to do something.

This is where Toad gathers up his courage. He'd go clumsily pull off a boulder or something (it would be portrayed funnily), which makes everyone facepalm or look away in disbelief.

Suddenly, Toad actually SUCCEEDS and throws that boulder on the bad guy, which damages quite badly.
Now Toad proceeds to run as fast as he can towards the villain.
Seems first nothing out of ordinary, but suddenly fighters see his speed increasing into unexpectedly bullet-fast boundaries and Toad hits the bad guy damn painfully with a headslam.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
To become Omega post a lot of nothing, and add all this weird things to your words like stars and **** and make sure to have some bright *** font too

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Star, maybe you would be the only one to appreciate this, but wouldn't the Luigi's Mansion theme sound neat with a sort of UPBEAT and JAZZY feel to it?

It's just I was entertaining the thought of each character having their own theme music, like in MvC, but the Luigi's Mansion theme is too SCARY SOUNDING to fit Luigi himself. But if it was more upbeat like your typical Mario music, I bet that would sound pretty nice.

Also did you pick Mach Rider and Little Mach because of that bike thing in Punch-Out, or was it because they're both retro characters.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Star, maybe you would be the only one to appreciate this, but wouldn't the Luigi's Mansion theme sound neat with a sort of UPBEAT and JAZZY feel to it?

It's just I was entertaining the thought of each character having their own theme music, like in MvC, but the Luigi's Mansion theme is too SCARY SOUNDING to fit Luigi himself. But if it was more upbeat like your typical Mario music, I bet that would sound pretty nice.

Also did you pick Mach Rider and Little Mach because of that bike thing in Punch-Out, or was it because they're both retro characters.
Personally would like some more reggae influence in remixes. Just hear this, it works : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4csXJXHVGA (very very good music as well :) )

Heck, INCLUDE this very song I´d say. Mario against racism anyone? I´d buy it.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Luigi's Mansion jazz = YESH.

That reminds me that a Luigi's Mansion-type level would work well in Adventure Mode. Assuming Luigi nor any companions are carrying flashlights, the level could be uniquely handled where it contrasts between light and dark rooms. Light rooms contain no enemies and work as transitions between dark rooms (maybe with puzzles inside them for variety), while dark rooms contain ghostly enemy encounters. Defeating each encounter lights up a room. To clear the mansion, you navigate through it's rooms Metroidvania-tyle and light up each one by defeating the ghosts, probably with a boss in the last room.

If Luigi is given his Poltergust, they can make ghosts unique enemies in that you must dwindle them down to their last HP and then use the Poltergust to suck them up and defeat them; otherwise, the ghosts will disappear and reappear with recovered HP.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Jazz would certainly be nice. If you remember in Subspace Emissary the movie sequence that revealed Luigi had a sort of western remix of the Luigi's Mansion music that was not played anywhere else in the game except for that one clip. It would be interesting if each character had their own theme arrangement in an Adventure or Story mode.

Those are good reasons, but not the one for me choosing Mach Rider. I chose him because the setting of an old, dusty road was similar in my mind to a Mach Rider track. Plus it would make sense that a biker would be traveling alone on a road like that.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@Young Horsetail

I really like the idea you made for Toad's introduction and role in the story mode. It sounds so fitting, and for some reason, I can actually imagine this happening if the story mode goes in a way similar to the ones being told on this thread. Even in the Mario games, Toad is portrayed as a coward; however, he eventually gets braver and performs miracles once he gathers the courage and sees that his friends need help.

It would also be a fitting way of getting Toad out of the sidelines and into the battlefield itself for this Smash game.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Java: Hmm, I like that. Should there be a mystery solving between rooms like in Hotel Dusk or Another Code. Also, Luigi's Mansion could have ghosts cameoing from other games. (Mother 3, Zelda, etc)

Zap Tackle: Thanks a lot man!
(-^^-)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems that there have been some topics relating to the Adventure Mode story. I probably have something to consider...

Event 1
At some point in the story, Kirby ends up at a forest. He then runs into Yoshi, who is sleeping near a tree. Kirby then gets ambushed by Koopa Troopas and Kritters, and manages to briefly hold them off. The scuffle wakes up Yoshi, and he gives a helping hand to Kirby. The two then work together to traverse the forest.

Throughout the level, Yoshi and Kirby have to get past Kritters, Goombas, Koopa Troopas, and even the Hammer Bros..

Event 2
Halfway, a cinema will play where even more of the enemies stated above start to ambush Yoshi and Kirby. They eventually get overwhelmed by the ambush, but then, an airship comes falling down to the ground, knocking back a good portion of the enemies.

Yoshi and Kirby check out the airship, but then realize that they're still being ambushed. However, before they could do anything, someone (first appearing as a silhouette) jumps out of the ship and easily brushes aside the enemies. The camera then turns its attention to the character, who turns out to be the White Mage.

White Mage, Yoshi, and Kirby then spot Paratroopas and Neckys flying at them, but before they did anything, another entity appears to stop the assault. It was the Black Mage who stopped the flying foes. With the White Mage and Black Mage present, the enemies regroup. The cinema ends, and the player can then play as either Yoshi, Kirby, White Mage, or Black Mage.

The next portion of the forest level adds Neckys, Paratroopas, and Boomerang Bros., and there are some ambush areas as well.

Event 3
After getting past the extra enemies, Yoshi, Kirby, White Mage, and Black Mage run into a new threat, who is none other than King K. Rool. They have to confront and defeat the brute to continue on.

When King K. Rool is defeated, the four think they won, but soon learn that that K. Rool is a fake. Before they could react, someone attacks Black Mage and turns him into a trophy. The culprit is the real King K. Rool, and he orders his Kritter army to hold off Yoshi, Kirby, and White Mage. During that time, Bowser pops up to pick up K. Rool, and the evil duo escape with the Black Mage trophy. After repelling the Kritters, Yoshi, Kirby, and White Mage pursue Bowser and K. Rool. The level ends here.

Event 4
At this point, Yoshi, Kirby, and White Mage play a big role on the events that'll occur later on; they would be the only characters who don't get turned into trophies by Nightmare, who would be fully resurrected some time before that event.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Starfy's theme should be the theme song which was used in the commercials for Starfy-series- I remember finding a Donkey Konga-version of it in Youtube- should in the Custom Music-thread in the Backroom. (-l,l-);

Lip's Theme should be... Lip's Theme from Captain Rainbow. (Maybe longer and vocalised as a song) Same for Takamaru. (It's very good too, give it a listen in Youtube)

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say special case, he just acts a little derpy from time to time. Not like all of us haven't gone through similar things at one point

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv I'm glad y'all feel that way

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm not kidding around homie, that fella was a great guy. He'll always have a special place in my heart.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Back to Adventure Mode-idea discussion, could there be some secret relationships being revealed between the fighters, similar to Namco X Capcom?

I can think of Starfy and Wario first due Wario's quest appearance in Starfy 3, but I guess I wanna see more own-made. They'd be rare though (like, maybe two of the fighters share some past event with which isn't known by fans)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Back to Adventure Mode-idea discussion, could there be some secret relationships being revealed between the fighters, similar to Namco X Capcom?

I can think of Starfy and Wario first due Wario's quest appearance in Starfy 3, but I guess I wanna see more own-made. They'd be rare though (like, maybe two of the fighters share some past event with which isn't known by fans)
Like... Mario and Kirby because of memories of that ROM hack Mario Kart R? Where Kirby replaces Koopa Troopa?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of a title for Adventure Mode, I was thinking perhaps, "The Revenge of Nightmare", as Nightmare has been my biggest subject, regarding the main antagonist.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hmm, should it really be Nightmare as the main antagonist? (Because many would think it as Sakurai over-representing his own creations again.)
Though I dunno about own-made ones anymore, Taboo was the most big-lipped alligator moment boss in whole Nintendo's history. (-l^l-);

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I dont know about that. Having Nightmare as the final boss would make me think the entire story mode was a bad ripoff of Kirby's style of sidescroller. :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well I still have a really good feeling that we'll be seeing Tabuu again, a lot of work was put into SSE, so I don't think Sakurai is going to let his creation die so soon.

IMO though, I'd like to see him back as a secret optional boss, like that Final Fantasy style boss at the end of Super Mario RPG.

As a side note, does anyone else think we'll see a Subspace themed stage to join the Smash series stages like BF and FD?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey Aether! I'd wanna see your take on Sable- since I dunno how he'd be introduced in SSB4's Adventure Mode. What could be his role and relationship with characters, too...

If Lip was there in Adventure Mode, maybe she'd develop a crush on Sable-

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, on the subject on music, what if we could take real music, like this, and play it while we're playing, without an outisde object (like a Radio, or computer), much like the X-Box360? Do you know how awesome that'd be???

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
He should probably start off in Frog form, with it being the weakest in combat, with no way of changing into the other forms. Possibly show him climbing out of a well and looking bewildered at the sight of his frog form. He then sets out to find a way of turning back human. Similar to how Pokemon Trainer had to find his other Pokemon and catch them. Somewhere along the way he would team up with Yoshi and find a Joy Fruit tree. Yoshi begins eating, enjoying the dizzying effect as one fruit falls down. Sable recognizes it, picks it up and upon eating it transforms back into human form. Then, possibly after meeting up with Snake if he returns, find a Hot Springs Egg and gain the ability to transform into a snake. Idk, but ideally he would have to find the items to gain his forms like Pokemon Trainer did with his Pokemon.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Does anyone think Tabuu can be a playable character this time around. Sakurai does adore his creations and has stated that Nintendo has failed to create new characters.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Does anyone think Tabuu can be a playable character this time around. Sakurai does adore his creations and has stated that Nintendo has failed to create new characters.
I wouldn't mind it. Even though he is a new creation with no ties to Nintendo, just having him appear as the final boss like that in a SSB game is something worth noting. Ideally he would awaken, noticing that someone had been controlling him, much like he had done with MasterHand.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Actually... If you really think about it, it'd make an awesome backstory to the game. He turns good, and helps the good guys at the end of adventure mode! That's genius.

But I never heard him saying that Nintendo failed to create new characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tabuu as a character could happen I guess, I will admit, I have thought about it before.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
He should probably start off in Frog form, with it being the weakest in combat, with no way of changing into the other forms. Possibly show him climbing out of a well and looking bewildered at the sight of his frog form. He then sets out to find a way of turning back human. Similar to how Pokemon Trainer had to find his other Pokemon and catch them. Somewhere along the way he would team up with Yoshi and find a Joy Fruit tree. Yoshi begins eating, enjoying the dizzying effect as one fruit falls down. Sable recognizes it, picks it up and upon eating it transforms back into human form. Then, possibly after meeting up with Snake if he returns, find a Hot Springs Egg and gain the ability to transform into a snake. Idk, but ideally he would have to find the items to gain his forms like Pokemon Trainer did with his Pokemon.
Cleverly done here. I like this.

So what about relationships between Sable and other fighters?

Others: Taboo as a fighter... hmm? I wonder it'd work out. He'd be like Marx from Kirby made playable, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom