• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For some additional Adventure Mode inputs, I'll go behind the scenes, regarding the antagonistic side of the story. Some of the information is stuff that I've stated before.

Nightmare's Battalion
Nightmare comes to the World of Trophies, and hires some of Nintendo's greatest villains to do his dirty work. He tricks them into thinking that if they help Nightmare, they'll become the greatest fighters in the world.

Nightmare sets up 6 generals, which are Bowser, Ganondorf, King K. Rool, Ridley, Black Shadow, and King Dedede. The lower ranked members include Bowser Jr., Wario, Wolf O'Donnell, Leon Powalski, and more. However, among all the members of the battalion, King Dedede is the only one who is heavily suspicious about Nightmare's true intentions, and decides to do some undercover work.

The Traitorous General
At one point in the story, Bowser Jr. will notice Dedede's unusual behavior, and spy on him. When he catches Dedede reading a top secret profile, he attempts to turn in Dedede. However, Dedede tells Bowser Jr. about what Nightmare is really doing.

During their conversation, however, Nightmare discovers that Dedede and Bowser Jr. have become traitors. He orders Ridley to get rid of the duo, so that his plans will stay a secret. Bowser Jr. and Dedede manage to escape, but will often find themselves on the run from Ridley. However, they eventually get turned into trophies, and are left lying near a mountain.

This mountain is also the place where Nightmare will create his new castle. This comes after Nightmare betrays his generals, and turns almost every heroic fighter into trophies. Also, throughout this time, Bowser is completely oblivious to what happened to his son.

Dedede and Bowser Jr. would later be revived by Yoshi, Kirby, and White Mage, who are the only fighters who have not encountered Nightmare. The duo will then join in, and work together to revive all the other fighters.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Tabuu shouldn't be neutral, just make him good or evil. The only characters that I can see being neutral are Mewtwo, Dedede and Wario, anyway...

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I can't see Nightmare being the main boss of the game it would be cool but I couldn't see it happening. I think they should just make Crazy Hand the main boss of the game since he didn't appear in SSBB's storyline maybe he could pose as Master Hand or something like that.

Tabuu shouldn't be neutral, just make him good or evil. The only characters that I can see being neutral are Mewtwo, Dedede and Wario, anyway...
I hope Mewtwo's evil I want a Pokemon villain to have a role in the storyline.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Netal
even out of those dedede should be the only neutral one IMO since he's always switching sides

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Dedede doesn't really switch sides.

He's either being possessed/controlled, helping out (sometimes what he does is mistaken as being evil, though), being a greedy glutton, or competing in friendly competition.

Dedede isn't really evil. When he does evil things though, like stealing all the food in Dream Land, it's because he's greedy and a glutton.

EDIT: Brawl is a perfect example. When he was knocking out Luigi and stealing Peach's/Zelda's and Ness' Trophies from Wario, you assumed he was being evil.

When he placed the brooches on their Trophies, you assumed he was being greedy by claiming his "property".

Then when it was revealed that the brooches revive characters through a timer, you knew he was helping out.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Is it weird that after seeing this picture I'd like to see a Krokorok with sunglasses playable in Smash? I know it's not going to happen I'm just joking

I kind of wish that the characters had their own stories in Adventure Mode it would probably be hard for Sakurai to do but if he made Adventure Mode short like in Melee I think it could be done.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, and I hate to crap all over the Roy remake idea, but it isn't anything new:

TTK:
Oh, and the possibility of a remake of Roy's game as Toise posted up.
The rumor has been around since AT LEAST '09. Doesn't mean it isn't happening (See Kirby's Return to DreamLand) but it feels a little less credible if it's been around this long.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its not a rumor. Its what's a higher-up at Intelligent Systems actually said (he was asked whether he would prefer to make an all-new Fire Emblem or a remake of another game in the series, and said while he would prefer a new game, that if he did a remake it would be of FE6).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know a neat way to introduce Mewtwo in story mode? Have him in some kind of test tube. Would really recall his history rather nicely.

How creepy would it be, what with this being a side-scroller and what not, that as you run along in some direction, you pass a bunch of TUBES full of "failed experiments." At the end of the line, you find Mewtwo seemingly in some sort of STASIS in one of those tubes. UNTIL he opens his eyes and breaks the glass with his psychic powers. Boss fight!

I really want branching paths, so perhaps trying to stop Mewtwo's creation would be one of the big "forks" in the storyline (Eat it, Tryphen). You stop his creation, and that's one bad guy you don't have to worry about (though at the same time I guess that means you don't unlock him? Sound like punishment, lol). You DON'T, and he becomes a powerful enemy you'll have to face again later in the story, and he'd probably take out one of your allies just to really make it hurt.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Y'know a neat way to introduce Mewtwo in story mode? Have him in some kind of test tube. Would really recall his history rather nicely.

How creepy would it be, what with this being a side-scroller and what not, that as you run along in some direction, you pass a bunch of TUBES full of "failed experiments." At the end of the line, you find Mewtwo seemingly in some sort of STASIS in one of those tubes. UNTIL he opens his eyes and breaks the glass with his psychic powers. Boss fight!

I really want branching paths, so perhaps trying to stop Mewtwo's creation would be one of the big "forks" in the storyline (Eat it, Tryphen). You stop his creation, and that's one bad guy you don't have to worry about (though at the same time I guess that means you don't unlock him? Sound like punishment, lol). You DON'T, and he becomes a powerful enemy you'll have to face again later in the story, and he'd probably take out one of your allies just to really make it hurt.
Have you seen my adventure idea? It's in the SSB4 group.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Heyyyy, I knoow!!!!!

SSB4's Adventure Mode's should be called SSB4: Return Of Taboo!

It would seem first as an ordinary revenge comebacl story where Taboo comes back as an antagonist, but later he's revealed to be heroic, and being even playable! :D
...No. I disliked the whole SSE concept.

Hextupleydoot wrote an excellent article on how SSB4's story should be handled. I take a lot of inspiration from his ideas.

On the topic of trophies and stickers, how many should SSB4 have as opposed to Brawl's 545 for each? Should they have Melee's lottery or Brawl's Coin Laumcher in this one?
More trophies is always better as long as it doesn't take away development time and resources from other parts of the game. TBH, I think they should just spread trophies more equally among each franchise instead of add a deluge more. 650 sounds like a nice number.

And I support the return of Coin Launcher, preferably with some modifications such as a more Nintendo feel and less generic feel to the game.

They could TOTALLY DO THAT again with Sm4sh too, but I'm hoping they don't. Hopefully the WiiU version has better quality models, and if the 3DS version were to use trophies in a special way, that might cut down the amount by a bit. I want there to be a return to the way Melee's trophies were handled.
The good thing about the Wii U is it will force the developers to update or even re-imagine the looks of all characters and items for the new HD environment they will play in, so I think we'll see much more hand-crafted trophies and less model-theft trophies.

BTW, Opelucid, Krokorok does look good with shades. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Text is a good idea to also make the story clearer. I understood most of what was going on in SSE, but others had trouble deciphering what the heck was happening.
The story wasn't hard to get. Just the actual characterization, which kind of matters. This is a game about characters, who are the main focus, after all. Likewise, only Lucas showed ANY kind of character development.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I really want branching paths, so perhaps trying to stop Mewtwo's creation would be one of the big "forks" in the storyline (Eat it, Tryphen)..
His spoon can turn into a fork at will, I regret nothing except that I'm hungery right now and am getting dinner in a few minutes. :p

@Roy: Game or not (probably not since it was Marth's games that got remade), this at least shows that Roy has support within IS, combined with public support... (you can see where I'm going with this)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Dedede doesn't really switch sides.

He's either being possessed/controlled, helping out (sometimes what he does is mistaken as being evil, though), being a greedy glutton, or competing in friendly competition.

Dedede isn't really evil. When he does evil things though, like stealing all the food in Dream Land, it's because he's greedy and a glutton.

EDIT: Brawl is a perfect example. When he was knocking out Luigi and stealing Peach's/Zelda's and Ness' Trophies from Wario, you assumed he was being evil.

When he placed the brooches on their Trophies, you assumed he was being greedy by claiming his "property".

Then when it was revealed that the brooches revive characters through a timer, you knew he was helping out.
Dedede doesn't switch sides in the sense of he's good then evil then good but in the sense that he'll commit acts considered immoral in his world then he'll do something like help out and "redeem" himself

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
The story wasn't hard to get. Just the actual characterization, which kind of matters. This is a game about characters, who are the main focus, after all. Likewise, only Lucas showed ANY kind of character development.
True. Character development would help a great deal with the story, and the developers could just look at the movesets of the characters for basic inspiration behind a character's personality (as well as the characters' games themselves, but they haven't really taken that into much account in previous games). At the very least, character actions should have a clearer motivation.

BTW, off-topic, they kind of blew the chance to give Lucas's character development a good conclusion when they didn't include a cutscene of him reuniting with Ness. It was a disappointing omission.

EDIT: Oasis made the point that R.O.B. also was one of few characters in SSE who showed any sort of character development.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Kirby's Return to Dream Land has been doing really well in Japan. To date it has sold over 500K in Japan alone, and its still hanging out in the weekly Top 10 (though it will probably be dropping soon).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wouldn't a better villain from the Kirby series be Zero? I mean there are certainly a lot of allusions throughout the series that he is still at work (see Magolor). Zero is almost on the same caliber as Giygas, but just not as powerful I would think.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hey now. R.O.B. was the best character in the SSE.

...Has Giygas made any sort of appearance in Smash AT ALL?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
True. Character development would help a great deal with the story, and the developers could just look at the movesets of the characters for basic inspiration behind a character's personality (as well as the characters' games themselves, but they haven't really taken that into much account in previous games). At the very least, character actions should have a clearer motivation.
To note, I don't expect a major version of it, since it's not Sakurai's forte. But it would be nice. It doesn't have to be much, though.

BTW, off-topic, they kind of blew the chance to give Lucas's character development a good conclusion when they didn't include a cutscene of him reuniting with Ness. It was a disappointing omission.
Well, it IS the Kirby's characters' show... yeah. Lame.

EDIT: Oasis made the point that R.O.B. also was one of few characters in SSE who showed any sort of character development.
True. Although I can't think of many. Lucas, um... arguably DDD, maybe a slight bit with any villain turning good. R.O.B., clearly. In fact, he's the only one that other than Lucas that shows anything worthwhile. IMO.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wouldn't a better villain from the Kirby series be Zero? I mean there are certainly a lot of allusions throughout the series that he is still at work (see Magolor). Zero is almost on the same caliber as Giygas, but just not as powerful I would think.
Magolor is a less disturbing sight than Zero though, considering that Zero's history has been a rather graphical one.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@oasis
But Marth had the best entrance in subspace. (Diddy and Ike tied for second) And entrance>>> over all character developement.

Seriously though, it is really possible to decently develope 39 characters in a single player story mode which isn't even the main attraction.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Nope. Not even his music. I am still bitter we did not get more tracks from Earthbound. Not Mother or Mother 3, but Earthbound.

Magolor is a less disturbing sight than Zero though, considering that Zero's history has been a rather graphical one.
Take it you have not looked at the Master Crown or Magolor Soul EX yet.

D

Deleted member

Is it weird that after seeing this picture I'd like to see a Krokorok with sunglasses playable in Smash? I know it's not going to happen I'm just joking

I kind of wish that the characters had their own stories in Adventure Mode it would probably be hard for Sakurai to do but if he made Adventure Mode short like in Melee I think it could be done.

That image just spoiled a crapton for me....

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Nope, don't think so.

Personally, I think the final boss should just be Master Hand. They can buff him up for Adventure Mode if they must. Plus, since the Hands are the only recurring Smash-original characters in the Smash series, it would be fitting for them to be the bosses.

I'd love Giygas to be a boss, though, and fittingly one of the last bosses you fight since he's got a lot of potential to be a unique boss fight.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

No, but hey, neither has Zero. Hmmm... What if they teamed up? The ruler of Dark Matter teaming up with the ultimate evils from certain franchises... Zero, Giygas, Majora, etc.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am probably one of the few people here that actually bought EarthBound back in the day, and immediately recognized Ness in Smash 64.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am probably one of the few people here that actually bought EarthBound back in the day, and immediately recognized Ness in Smash 64.
No, you weren't. I did as well, and needless to say my reaction was childish shock and excitement. Ironically for a long time I did not know who Samus was until my father told me. lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, I think the final boss should just be Master Hand. They can buff him up for Adventure Mode if they must. Plus, since the Hands are the only recurring Smash-original characters in the Smash series, it would be fitting for them to be the bosses.

I'd love Giygas to be a boss, though, and fittingly one of the last bosses you fight since he's got a lot of potential to be a unique boss fight.
Master Hand and Crazy Hand are pretty much Classic Mode exclusive bosses.

Anyway, I feel like the next Adventure Mode should focus more on the classic enemies and bosses, and way less on originals; the Subspace Emissary had way too many original characters. That's one of the reasons why I've been inputting Nightmare as the main antagonist; he's a classic villain, and he fits the final boss role quite well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What about Daroach? I don't know much about the Kirby game he is from, but he LOOKS pretty cool.

Would be a cool semi boss.

I want to TRY and get back to my SSB4 story mode idea, but I think I will need some help in the extra characters department. ESP for FE.

Who are some boss/semi boss characters I could use? What about secondary, less important than Marth/Ike/Roy characters?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No, you weren't. I did as well, and needless to say my reaction was childish shock and excitement. Ironically for a long time I did not know who Samus was until my father told me. lol
The whole reason why I even got Smash Bros. in the first place was that Samus was in it. I learned of Smash 64 before its release from a Metroid fansite. Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY excited (especially considering that it was increasingly looking like Metroid would not come to the Nintendo 64).

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind Daroach playable.
He DOES appear in Mass Attack....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Goodness Chrono. No wonder you've wanted Ridley for so long. You are TOTALLY the Grandpappy of Ridley supporters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Shortiecanbrawl: For some mid-boss ideas, examples may include Colonel Pluck, Darknut, Pirate Commander, and even Bonkers.

[collapse=Images]

[/collapse]

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Goodness Chrono. No wonder you've wanted Ridley for so long. You are TOTALLY the Grandpappy of Ridley supporters.
I was absolutely giddy when I saw Ridley flying in the background to the Planet Zebes stage for the first time. It was that and Ridley being in the Melee unveil intro that I thought Ridley had a really good shot at getting in Melee (in addition to the Metroid series getting two new games as well).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Master Hand and Crazy Hand are pretty much Classic Mode exclusive bosses.

Anyway, I feel like the next Adventure Mode should focus more on the classic enemies and bosses, and way less on originals; the Subspace Emissary had way too many original characters. That's one of the reasons why I've been inputting Nightmare as the main antagonist; he's a classic villain, and he fits the final boss role quite well.
Not really. They're not restricted to Classic mode by any means. Technically Master Hand was a character in the SSE - you just never fought him.

I don't think Nightmare's a bad choice for a final boss, but I just think if anyone should be the final boss that an all-star team of characters takes down, it's the one who "created" them, or the one who's been there with the oldest veterans (the original SSB64 12). Master Hand has pretty much become the face of bosses in the Smash Bros. series, so IMO, he deserves the title.

If you give the final boss to any other Nintendo franchise, it feels a little like bias showing. Although I'd admit that Sakurai is biased and so a Kirby or even Kid Icarus final boss could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom