• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I responded to you earlier, Croc. :p

Anyway, liking the ideas. As for Tabuu playable... I'd prefer only to have characters from other games as directly playable from other series.

The thing is, while Giga Bowser did become playable, it's only because he was based upon Bowser. Now, if they wanted to make Marx playable with a Tabuu set of costumes, I'd totally be for that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not really. They're not restricted to Classic mode by any means. Technically Master Hand was a character in the SSE - you just never fought him.

I don't think Nightmare's a bad choice for a final boss, but I just think if anyone should be the final boss that an all-star team of characters takes down, it's the one who "created" them, or the one who's been there with the oldest veterans (the original SSB64 12). Master Hand has pretty much become the face of bosses in the Smash Bros. series, so IMO, he deserves the title.

If you give the final boss to any other Nintendo franchise, it feels a little like bias showing. Although I'd admit that Sakurai is biased and so a Kirby or even Kid Icarus final boss could happen.
Don't forget that the Subspace Emissary is strongly based on the Kirby series; the doors, the stamina, the co-op feature, etc..

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love the designs of the new trio, especially Zekrom :cool:

FIND THAT LINK, btw.
http://pokebeach.com/2011/12/new-forme-for-kyurem-officially-hinted-at

New Forme for Kyurem Officially Hinted At?

The bimonthly issue of CoroCoro magazine, Bessatsu CoroCoro, was just released in Japan has unveiled a new advertisement for the 15th movie which contains two eyebrow-raising captions: “What mystery is hidden in Kyurem?” and “Kyurem’s unseen power will be revealed!” If the statements are referring to anything, it’s obviously a new forme for Kyurem that will debut in the movie (like Giratina in Shaymin). Click the thumbnail below for a larger scan.

By extension, this means we’ll probably get our “Pokemon Gray” this next year and then the Ruby and Sapphire remakes in 2013. Still no word yet on when Keldeo will be revealed, but going by previous patterns, we will probably see it by February, then Kyurem’s new forme, and then the announcement for “Pokemon Gray” in April or May (all of this assuming that Pokemon is going to stick to the same patterns and that it’s not going to throw us a curve ball).

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
We were talking about adventure mode theme ideas. Here are a couple I come up with off the top of my head.

Saki Amamiya
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Little Mac
Roy
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong

Solid Snake
Slime (Technically it is called Adventure)
I think each character deserves their own credit theme. Yes, that has been done before, but I mean really - a theme composed specifically for the credits. Each inolved composer could do an individual song for each character based on that character's personality or moves using a theme associated with that character. After the credits, you unlock the theme for use in Vs. mode stages, which would be an appropriate reward.

As an example, Yoshi would have an orchestrated take of the orginal Yoshi's Island credits music (or alternatively, since this theme is more commonly associated with Yoshi in Smash Bros., The Yoshi's Story ending).

Dang, now I want to hear a proper orchestral and acoustic fusing of those two credit themes together. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, I was looking at the CoroCoro scan, which is here:

And I noticed that Ash is staring at something... I think it might be the "God Stone" which is an item in B&W, but isn't optainable.

Also, in two years, PKMN will be 20 years old. Yay!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was absolutely giddy when I saw Ridley flying in the background to the Planet Zebes stage for the first time. It was that and Ridley being in the Melee unveil intro that I thought Ridley had a really good shot at getting in Melee (in addition to the Metroid series getting two new games as well).
And here I am flaunting how big of a hard-on Ridley in Smash gives me, and yet I can't even say I knew who Ridley was when I saw him in the background of Planet Zebes or in the Melee intro. ...I didn't even know who Samus was in Smash 64. GAAAH I'm terrible. I just saw some big purple dragon in Melee's intro and thought he looked cool and was hoping I could play as him.

Starphoenix posting Little Mac's theme THING reminds me that, while some here don't like the idea of Mac since he's sort of BORING, I'm absolutely in love with the sort of atmosphere his series would provide.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think each character deserves their own credit theme. Yes, that has been done before, but I mean really - a theme composed specifically for the credits. Each inolved composer could do an individual song for each character based on that character's personality or moves using a theme associated with that character. After the credits, you unlock the theme for use in Vs. mode stages, which would be an appropriate reward.

As an example, Yoshi would have an orchestrated take of the orginal Yoshi's Island credits music (or alternatively, since this theme is more commonly associated with Yoshi in Smash Bros., The Yoshi's Story ending).

Dang, now I want to hear a proper orchestral and acoustic fusing of those two credit themes together. :p
A heartrending moment of love and epicness, dedicated for each character SSB4... man, that would be so lovely indeed.
(-lωl-)

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakura: "LOL, Ridley being playable? That's pretty stupid, haha"

*realizes the interviewers are serious*

"Oh, uhhh.... he... might.. be a tad slow?... heh he..."

*fangasms*

I still think this is the first Smash Ridley is going to SERIOUSLY be considered for a playable spot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We were talking about adventure mode theme ideas. Here are a couple I come up with off the top of my head.

Saki Amamiya
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Little Mac
Roy
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong

Solid Snake
Dixie's theme is oh yes! it really needs to be in! There's no excuse, that song -and music from DKC in general- is really good, and reminds me of my childhood a lot actually.

That Mewtwo theme is also beyond awesome. Reminded it from the Mewtwo battle in Stadium.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I am probably one of the few people here that actually bought EarthBound back in the day, and immediately recognized Ness in Smash 64.
I will admit that I had to look up who Ness was when I first heard about him. On the bright side though, I happen to own a mint complete boxed copy of Earthbound. Feel free to guess how much that is worth. :p
Sorry, it's the rarest game in my collection, I need to brag.

Also, in two years, PKMN will be 20 years old. Yay!
I believe it's actually 3 years, but either way I feel pretty old now. :p

EDIT: Character themes sound like fun, I'll have to post some of my own ideas for that later.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
F-Zero GX had character themes for all 41 racers, so I can't see why Smash 4 can't do it.
Better than that Brawl almost had individual themes for every character. Since Sakurai tends to like revisiting cut concepts I wonder if he will revisit this one as well?

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Better than that Brawl almost had individual themes for every character. Since Sakurai tends to like revisiting cut concepts I wonder if he will revisit this one as well?
Hopefully it's not just unique victory themes for each character, but unique credits themes for each character composed with no other object in mind than that character. I'm imagining some right now.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Damn, how long have you been following Smash Chrono????
Since the beginning. I would say early January 1999, just before Smash 64's Japanese release date. I did not become involved in roster speculation though until Melee's E3 2001 unveil though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who where your character predictions back in those days?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I remember the original website for Smash 64, IIRC, it had a funny animated gif with Link hiding in a treasure chest, with Donkey Kong subsequently finding him and punching him in the face, lol.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Chroooooonooooooo...

(-=[ ]=-);;

/My first vision of Smash was just when I was little. I used to watch this program which reviewed games, and Melee was one of them, right back reviewed when it was 2001./

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hopefully it's not just unique victory themes for each character, but unique credits themes for each character composed with no other object in mind than that character. I'm imagining some right now.
Credit themes... HMMM.

What if the credits had you running (to the right) along a stage styled after your respective character's series, and all the people involved in Smash ran (to the left) past you AS MII'S. If you knocked one out (probably less health than a Primid) then you'd get more information on them. It would, of course, keep track of how many you knocked out. Actually, something similar to this would make a fun mini-game anyhow. Only it would use your own Mii's.

The sheer amount of people involved with Smash is what makes this UNFEASIBLE, lol.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Credit themes... HMMM.

What if the credits had you running (to the right) along a stage styled after your respective character's series, and all the people involved in Smash ran (to the left) past you AS MII'S. If you knocked one out (probably less health than a Primid) then you'd get more information on them. It would, of course, keep track of how many you knocked out. Actually, something similar to this would make a fun mini-game anyhow. Only it would use your own Mii's.

The sheer amount of people involved with Smash is what makes this UNFEASIBLE, lol.
I quite like that idea. It makes use of Smash's normal fighting mechanics for the credits minigame, and it'd be humorous to see the faces of the developers as Mii's.

Too bad there'd be TOO MANY people involved.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Pokemon started in 1996, not 1994. It started in late 1998 in North America (I think either September or October). I remember getting a promo tape of it from Nintendo Power, and kept re-watching the tape all during August of that year.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Saki Amamiya
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Little Mac
Roy
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong

Solid Snake
Dat Little Mac theme! So good. I completely agree that his vibe would be an awesome addition for Smash. As for Dixie's theme, as much as I love Snakey Chantey, I think it doesn't really fit her well. It's more of a Kremling song. I think Forest Interlude would be perfect for Dixie, if maybe a little too slow.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Pokemon started THAT long ago? In 1996? WOW, I really feel old now... :/
Pokemon started in 1996 IN JAPAN. It started in late 1998 in North America (I think either September or October). I remember getting a promo tape of it from Nintendo Power, and kept re-watching the tape all during August of that year. Pokemon became really popular almost instantly. I remember KFC had a promotion of Pokemon early on and they had plushies of Vuplix, Dratini, Zubat, and Seel. They also had some toys too, one of them was a toy of Ivysaur that squirted.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Wow... I vaguely remember those KFC commercials. And someone brought their Vulpix plushie to school for show-and-tell or something. I think that's how I got into Pokemon, actually. Someone brought a guide to school and I skipped to the end to look at all the monsters. Gosh, this was third grade for me.

WHY WOULD IVYSAUR SQUIRT.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ That's a good question lol.

So it was '98 in NA? Ah, I see, my mistake... but I actually don't remember the KFC stuff for Pokemon. The only fast food restaurant I remember having Pokemon toys was Wendy's and I think Burger King, lol.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My big sister got me and my brother into Pokemon. I was a kindergardener and my brother was probably like three or four. Pokemon is my childhood.

Here are my Dixie and K. Rool movesets, still under construction and up for changes if yu have any ideas.

Dixie Kong:

^B Hair-copter: On the ground it works similar to Ice Climber’s spin attack, only lasts a little longer, and moves quicker. It is however, slightly weaker as well. In air the move is a useful gliding tool.

B Chewing Gum: Hold down B, and Dixie will begin to blow a bubble. The longer you hold it, the bigger the bubble gets, but if you hold it too long it will EXPLODE in your face and cause you damage. When you release it it slowly floats across the stage, acting as a moving bomb, one touch and BOOM! You can use it’s slow moving properties to your advantage and aim to knock your opponent into it, if you’re cool.

B> Hair Grab: Dixie whips her Ponytail forward for an extra long reaching grab. If the opponent is too close to you however, it will simply act as a normal attack, and just hit them. So it can be used as a hair slap, or a hair grab. YOU DECIDE!

VB Barrel throw: Dixie puts her long blonde ponytail to work, and throws a barrel forward. Depending on how long you charge B, you could get a wooden barrel (Just rolls normally) a metal barrel (Bounces, but moves slower), or a TNT Barrel (Explodes when it comes in contact with something/someone, but moves the slowest)

King K. Rool:

B Crown Toss: This is supposedly his most iconic move? Go figure he would rip it from Sailor Moon. Anyways, K. Rool Tosses his crow forward swiftly, acting as a boomerang.

>B K. Rool Crusher: K. Rool rushes forward and tackles the opponent. This move sort of acts like a further moving version of Wario’s shoulder ram move. It also ends with him diving to the ground, unlike Wario’s shoulder ram.

^B Kombo: Hailing from DK64, K. Rool ‘s up B is a chargable uppercut. The longer you charge, the stronger and higher he will lung upwards.

VB Belly Bounce: This move acts as a counter, as well as a reflector. K. Rool puffs his chest quickly. If attacked, he releases and his belly smacks the opponent. If a projectile is aimed at him, his stomach will bounce it back at the opponent.

For K. Rool, I went with a more, physical moveset, instead of weapony.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
^ That's a good question lol.

So it was '98 in NA? Ah, I see, my mistake... but I actually don't remember the KFC stuff for Pokemon. The only fast food restaurant I remember having Pokemon toys was Wendy's and I think Burger King, lol.
I don't remember anything with Wendy's, but Burger King had an absolutely HUGE Pokemon promotion when the first movie came out in theaters. There was probably like over 50 toys for the promotion, and they came in Pokeballs.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dat Little Mac theme! So good. I completely agree that his vibe would be an awesome addition for Smash. As for Dixie's theme, as much as I love Snakey Chantey, I think it doesn't really fit her well. It's more of a Kremling song. I think Forest Interlude would be perfect for Dixie, if maybe a little too slow.

Remember a lot of these will probably be arranged. My thought process was the whimsical nature of the song fit Dixie Kong. Just me though.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh yeah, what was it, Wednesday nights were Pokemon nights at Burger King? I remember people gathering to play the game/cards together there. Some jerk beat me with his Venomoth.

Hate Venomoth.

Wasn't there some story of a kid sticking one of those Pokeball things over his face and he suffocated TO DEATH.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
VenomothissupposedtoevolvefromMetapodandButterfreefromVenonat.

[COLLAPSE="HERE"]
[/COLLAPSE]

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I honestly don't remember how I got into Pokemon. I think my brother got Pokemon Blue and a GameBoy and I played that and liked it. Pokemon, as well as Wario Land, was a video game franchise of my childhood. Didn't play much games back then other than those two; didn't own a console gaming system until Christmas of 2004 or 2005, when I got a GameCube with a Mario Party 7 bundle. Mario Party 7, interestingly, was what got me into real Nintendo gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom