• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I am going to guess Ghirahim over Tingle.

Of course, Midna did not get in. Perhaps, Sakurai realizes Ghirahim is a one-timer. But because of his flavor and moveset potential I will stick by him.
Tingle has Flavor. he has moveset pontential. And, he is actually a recurring character, with his own spinoffs. IMO, Tingle is the obvious choice.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I'm not crazy about Waluigi, but I will pitch in for this argument in particular:

It doesn't matter what your background is as long as your actions and overall demeanor can rise above them. There's no one standard for how a character can become unique. Waluigi I'd say has a pretty defined personality despite his spin-off origins. Unoriginal origins are not always the greatest flaws of a character...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai hasn't really said anything too exciting about tingle, esp considering his AT attack isn't even violent.

A strange little man easily spotted by his trademark green bodysuit, bright nose, and pointy beard. Tingle has frequently appeared around Hyrule and always lets those he meets know that he's a fairy and selling homemade maps. In a recent adventure, Tingle escapes a sad and dreary life to embark on a magical adventure in the delightful, dreamlike paradise of Rupeeland.
Doesn't say too much good things for him. Still, I would rather see Tingle than Ghirahim. Although Ghirahim is nice too.

For fun:

Dixie
Diddy Kong's cutie of a girlfriend with an adorable blond ponytail. That ponytail is hardly for show--it helps propel her through the air for extended hang time and is indispensable for spin-attacking enemies and lifting barrels. Watch out--Dixie packs more power than you might imagine!
K. Rool
The supreme commander of the Kremling Krew. King K. Rool steals bananas from Donkey Kong and ends up kidnapping Diddy Kong. He is so good at playing dead that sometimes the credits even roll as he lies there, feigning defeat. His brother, Kaptain K. Rool, made an appearance in the game Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.
Midna
A mysterious masked being. Midna was a princess in the Twilight Realm who was transformed into an imp by Zant. Midna's personality is characterized by a sharp tongue and a tendency to act on whims. Midna pairs with Link to save the world. She also possesses powerful magic skills, such as the ability to warp through space
Ridley
The leader of the Space Pirates. He looks like a pterosaur but has high intelligence and a brutal nature. He plans to steal the baby Metroid from Samus for his own use. Ridley utilizes wings for a full range of flight and attacks with fireballs from his mouth and whips of his tail. As the culprit behind the murder of Samus's parents, the connections with Samus run deep

D

Deleted member

asage, calm the Hell down. It's clear that you hate Waluigi. That's understandable.

But don't rage just because someone wants him in.

Hell, I support Waluigi. He has SOME chance due to being an Assist in Brawl, but Toad just plain has higher chances. I wouldn't mind Waluigi, but I don't really expect him.

Not while Toad and Dr. Mario (yes, even though he's a clone) exist.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not crazy about Waluigi, but I will pitch in for this argument in particular:

It doesn't matter what your background is as long as your actions and overall demeanor can rise above them. Waluigi I'd say has a pretty defined personality despite his spin-off origins. Unoriginal origins are not always the greatest flaws of a character...
He isn't original because he's has too much of a mix. Once again, I COULD see him come, but I'd be surprised if he did. I think Sakurai will see the debate for the Mario series as a hassle, and not add anyone. He hasn't in Brawl, who says he will in Sm4sh? It won't hurt anything, either. It obviously hasn't for Brawl. He didn't come in as a playable character, but as an AT. So what does that hint at, people!?

I don't know why you guys are telling me to cool it. You don't have the authority, first off, because I'm fine. It's not like I called Hyper a moron or anything. I respect *some* of his posts, actually. Him too. I guess no one saw my apology post -_-

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Even though ghirahim is a one timer, he has become incredibly popular, has great moveset potential, and has his own personality and fighting style. Screw Impa, toon Zelda, tetra, toon sheik and vaati. Ghirahim and tingle are the best choices.

Mario series, here is what I see the order of likeliness to be-

1 Toad
2 Bowser Jr
3 Dr Mario
4 Paper Mario
5 Fawful
6 Waluigi
7 Geno

All other choices seem unlikely (ex. Daisy, rosalina, etc)
:phone:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I am pro Waluigi. I am a big fan of his, and he is a very unique character. This is in the Twilight zone of opinion or fact. It is difficult to effectively deny Waluigi is unique.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Im gunna just ignore I even saw Unique and Waluigi in the same sentence.

I gtg, but before I do, I've been hearing a rumor about an SSB4 trailer comfirmed for Febuary. Is this true? I wanna make sure before I deny it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Im gunna just ignore I even saw Unique and Waluigi in the same sentence.
Trolly statements like this kill your side in a debate. Just like that person in the View walking out on Bill O'Reilly.

D

Deleted member

Ghirahim is too FABULOUS to leave out.

If he is, then we should all be FURIOUS...OUTRAGED...SICK WITH ANGER!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Brawl offers a lot less "Oh duh, cut him" characters. I mean... the only ones I can think of would be Toon Link, a Pokemon, and.... Lucas?...
Roy was very popular in Japan though, and extremely popular among casual Smash Bros. fans worldwide. It if were not for the lies that Sakurai originally had Sigurd planned and that Intelligent Systems told Sakurai to put Roy in, then Roy would have much more support in returning pre-Brawl. However, the Japanese reaction to Roy being cut was as bitter as the Western reaction was to Mewtwo being cut (ask Toise).

In regards to characters that Sakurai would be "duh" in regards to cuts, the only ones I can think of are Lucario and Ike (especially if Chrome really is Ike 2.0 like he appears so far). Toon Link if he gets cut, will be swapped back with Young Link. Remember, Sakurai has said that he considers a younger version of Link to be important in regards to representing the Zelda series.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Trolly statements like this kill your side in a debate. Just like that person in the View walking out on Bill O'Reilly.
Define trolly, because it wasn't. It's called ignoring, just like it says. I don't even have to defend myself. Waluigi... Meh, nevermind.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Even though ghirahim is a one timer, he has become incredibly popular, has great moveset potential, and has his own personality and fighting style. Screw Impa, toon Zelda, tetra, toon sheik and vaati. Ghirahim and tingle are the best choices.

Mario series, here is what I see the order of likeliness to be-

1 Toad
2 Bowser Jr
3 Paper Mario
4 Waluigi/Fawful
5 Dr. Mario
6 Geno

All other choices seem unlikely (ex. Daisy, rosalina, etc)
Hereis a corrected version.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Paper Mario is pretty damn important, though. He has his entire series to represent. He's probably more important than at least Bowser Jr.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't even have to answer this. Dude, your responses were wrong and trollish. BTW there's nothing to report, because I didn't call U obnoxious, nor did I say anything bad TO YOU. Did I rage? VERY minorly. But I know you more than this, you're alot smarter than what you posted, bro. Waluigi is not even a ****. In fact, he's nothing special out of anyone of the Mario series. It's cool you like him, but don't make things up about him, like your comparisons. He's truely a copy of Wario mix Luigi, all and all.
All of my stuff was completely correct. No, you completely called me ******** for no good reason. And yeah, you actually did.

You need to realize that he is indeed unique, popular, and already had a better chance of being playable in Brawl before Toad. Want to know why? He could actually move, which means he can jump, and attack. Just going by logic, Toad has done nothing but be a shield in Smash. Waluigi has already done more just alone. The fact that he attacks characters and jumps means he already has more going for him in Smash.

Get over it. Toad was even said by Sakurai that he didn't see how he could play. Clearly, anyone as an Assist Trophy with more than a single thing(like Lakitu or the Tanks) could be made playable. Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Kat & Ana. They all do stuff in gameplay, and isn't just... a part of another person's moveset. The AT thing is kind of a big deal. Characters that made it into there are ones that were possible playable choices, but didn't make the cut. A good chunk of them would be easy to make movesets for. If Toad was an AT, I'd totally believe he had better chances. But he's not. Apparently being a single move seems to be good enough for him, which is too bad, since I do think he deserves more in general, but eh.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Paper Mario is pretty damn important, though. He has his entire series to represent. He's probably more important than at least Bowser Jr.

He's definitely more important than bowser jr. REps his own series, more demanded and would have a more unique moveset.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@metal
They are they just don't inspire hate/bad attitudes in their fans.
Toad fans are mad because they're over looked
Walugi fans are mad because they're belittled and patronized.
Bowser jr and paper Mario fans are sitting back toasting cold beers to good feelings.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I've personally always thought of Waluigi as an irritating, unoriginal knockoff of Wario\Luigi. He's pretty much an exaggerated version of Luigi's tallness\skinniness combined with Wario's personality and an irritating voice actor. I wouldn't boycott the game over his inclusion or anything like that, but I'd much rather have Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, or Toad.

As far as Ghirahim goes, I would like to see His Fabulousness in the game, but I think he'll end up being another Midna unfortunately.

D

Deleted member

All of my stuff was completely correct. No, you completely called me ******** for no good reason. And yeah, you actually did.

You need to realize that he is indeed unique, popular, and already had a better chance of being playable in Brawl before Toad. Want to know why? He could actually move, which means he can jump, and attack. Just going by logic, Toad has done nothing but be a shield in Smash. Waluigi has already done more just alone. The fact that he attacks characters and jumps means he already has more going for him in Smash.

Get over it. Toad was even said by Sakurai that he didn't see how he could play. Clearly, anyone as an Assist Trophy with more than a single thing(like Lakitu or the Tanks) could be made playable. Samurai Goroh, Lyn, Kat & Ana. They all do stuff in gameplay, and isn't just... a part of another person's moveset. The AT thing is kind of a big deal. Characters that made it into there are ones that were possible playable choices, but didn't make the cut. A good chunk of them would be easy to make movesets for. If Toad was an AT, I'd totally believe he had better chances. But he's not. Apparently being a single move seems to be good enough for him, which is too bad, since I do think he deserves more in general, but eh.

When the Hell was this said?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@metal
They are they just don't inspire hate/bad attitudes in their fans.
Toad fans are mad because they're over looked
Walugi fans are mad because they're belittled and patronized.
Bowser jr and paper Mario fans are sitting back toasting cold beers to good feelings.

Post of the day IMO.

pikmingrapeandrape

Smash Cadet
I think all playable arguments for the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask are officially done. Ghriahim (however you spell it) has taken his place as a one time show, unique, and beloved Zelda villian.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
If Paper Mario reps his own series, that'd be pretty cool.. but honestly, when you think about it, it's kind of silly for two Marios to rep two different series.

And as for Bowser Jr., I know with the paintbrush he'd be unique and all, but I really don't see what purpose he would serve that Bowser himself doesn't already serve.

D

Deleted member

If we have another Mario, I want it to be Doc. That is all. I want my Melee main back.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I'm getting sick of this REAL fast, dude. You need to step off right now. First off, the ********, which was said, was directed to your comment, not you. Also, I'm not protecting Toad. I'm saying he has better odds. But hey, you wanna just MAKE assumptions, do what you wanna do. Whatever floats the boat, bro. Before I really rage, I'm just going to leave now, because ONCE AGAIN, your ending was wrong. This isn't even a debate I should even complete. Beserker or other Toad finatics can handle this. I still vote of no reps.

Are we clear, bro? THANK YOU. I'm through, good night T_T

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, Kid Icarus Production is finished so if the e3 is in June,( it's in June, right?) then I think we can expect maybe a trailer between march and June,if not then definitely at e3 2012.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
And as for Bowser Jr., I know with the paintbrush he'd be unique and all, but I really don't see what purpose he would serve that Bowser himself doesn't already serve.
Well you just stated that he'd have a different moveset due to the paintbrush, and he'd also likely be a small, light-medium weight character as opposed to Bowser who is extremely tall and heavy.

Also, I don't know why people are saying that Sakurai said Toad would never be playable. I read the interview that people are referring to and the characters he stated were Mach Rider, Balloon Fighter, and Sukapon. Plus, even if that statement is true and it's just in another interview, it is possible that Sakurai could change his mind given enough incentive. I mean that's pretty much what all Ridley supporters are riding on.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@pichu
Aren't they still finishing uprising up?

Poppy has good taste. Just saying
Shy guy chain gang

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Well you just stated that he'd have a different moveset due to the paintbrush, and he'd also likely be a small, light-medium weight character as opposed to Bowser who is extremely tall and heavy.
I don't know much about Bowser Jr, but I just think it would be strange to have a Mario roster that goes like this:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he wouldn't fulfill any specific niche if he got in. We have the main character, the main female character, the villain, the deuteragonist/best friend, or relative of the main character. But what would Jr be if he got in? Another villain? Maybe I'm just talking out of my *** again :laugh:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Paper Mario reps his own series, that'd be pretty cool.. but honestly, when you think about it, it's kind of silly for two Marios to rep two different series.

But if you think about it, it makes sense. He's not playable in any of the games that regular Mario is in, spinoff or otherwise. Every other potential candidate is. So it would actually be BEST if he repped his own series seperately.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If we have another Mario, I want it to be Doc. That is all. I want my Melee main back.
Unfortunately, Dr. Mario's only chance of ever coming back is likely as a costume (and pre-Melee, Sakurai knocked down the idea of Dr. Mario being a Mario costume, since he said "Dr. Mario does not throw fire balls.").

Personally, If I were given the choice between Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Waluigi, I would choose Dr. Mario, even if he was as cloney as he was in Melee.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Uprising releases in Japan this month. It's most likely finished, the only thing they might still be working on is English translation. This might mean that they are working on ssb4 while we speak! Though maybe just in the planning stage currently. I do expect a trailer at e3 2012 or before.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Then I'm going to be completly honest myself:
That's pretty f***ing obnoxious.

First off, Ganondorf wants to take over the world at any means. He'll kill just to get what he wants. He's crowned as the lord of evil. Waluigi has shown NOTHING to even COMPARE to him. Secondly, Waluigi STOLE that phrase from WARIO, except he changed it to Waluigi instead of Wario. He's a copy theif, and shouldn't progress as a fighter. If he does, I will s*** myself, and maybe even puke.

I sense this as either a troll or seriously ********. No, Waluigi is NOT anything serious.
Waluigi sucks balls. He's really something, isn't he? He's weak, seriously. Didn't his trophies in Melee and Brawl say he spent years training to be strong enough to FINALLY show up in Mario Tennis? I guess he was weak during the 1990's and thus didn't deserve to be in a Mario spin-off game yet. And now he's strong enough to be in countless Mario spin-off games but not strong enough to be in a Mario main game. But oh noes!!! He's not in Mario Kart 7, that means he's weak again... he's weaker than Toad. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Before melee came out. A very long time.
But as of now, Toad has a LOT more to work with, doesn't he?

And I would rather see a source. At least I try to give sources when I make a statement.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Uprising releases in Japan this month. It's most likely finished, the only thing they might still be working on is English translation. This might mean that they are working on ssb4 while we speak! Though maybe just in the planning stage currently. I do expect a trailer at e3 2012 or before.

Kid Icarus Uprising is not being released until late March in Japan, the same time as its being released in North America.

Sakurai though will likely be able to devote his time toward Smash Bros. starting in February.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

It drops 3/22 in Japan

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much about Bowser Jr, but I just think it would be strange to have a Mario roster that goes like this:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he wouldn't fulfill any specific niche if he got in. We have the main character, the villain, the deuteragonist/best friend or relative of the main character. But what would Jr be if he got in? Another villain? Maybe I'm just talking out of my *** again :laugh:
While that is true, just because it doesn't fit into some preconceived pattern doesn't mean he can't be in. Plus, he fills the role of kind of being a villainous Luigi (as in he assists the main villain rather than the main hero). Plus, I personally think we'll have 2 new Mario reps this time since there were none in Brawl and it is Nintendo's biggest series.

But if you think about it, it makes sense. He's not playable in any of the games that regular Mario is in, spinoff or otherwise. Every other potential candidate is. So it would actually be BEST if he repped his own series seperately.

Also true, but Paper Mario is just a subseries of Mario that simply stars Mario in a different style than usual, unlike Yoshi, DK, and Wario, which all starred former Mario supporting characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom