• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Swayne
You're kidding right?

@Berserker
Reminds me of the first time I used Chris lol
The other video with KrsJin (sp?) was much more appealing. Made Chris look like a pro :)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@ beserker: Twilight Princess again? But isn't Brawl ganon based off that? I'm thinking since OOT3DS is more recent maybe Miyamoto would want to " display" it somehow.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Swayne
Haven't they been changing Zelda characters to match their most recent game? Just because they're cel shaded in SS doesn't mean Toon Link is automatically cut T_T
The "Toon" series have more representation than just a graphical one

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Swayne
Haven't they been changing Zelda characters to match their most recent game? Just because they're cel shaded in SS doesn't mean Toon Link is automatically cut T_T
The "Toon" series have more representation than just a graphical one
Yeah, I know. Guess I was just paranoid, no biggie. Although I'd prefer their "Twilight Princess" designs. They were, by far, the best designs I've seen.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Swayne
I like brunettes more than blondes, so I hope Zelda will still have her TP design as a costume :p Her bangs look kinda cute in SS tho.
I'd still like to see Toon Link have a Y.Link costume, with Deku Shield and Kokiri Sword and all...then my avi and/or sig would be perfect haha

OmegaXXII

Yes.

Actually TP Ganondorf is OoT Ganondorf sooo...... Technically, the design is the same
Actually, this is what I always thought.

Melee Ganon = OOT64
Brawl Ganon = Twilight Princess
SSB4 Ganon = OOT3DS/Redesign?

Seeing as well, Link and Zelda had there apperances from Twilight Princess in Brawl, didn't ganon as well? Also since Sheik got an exclusive redesign despite not having a TP appearance wouldn't that apply to Ganon if the Zelda models are based on Skyward Sword? Unless it's mix and match like Star mentioned.

mentholcase

Smash Cadet
mentholcase said:
Thanks, I liked the moveset! :) Although I think 2 moves using her bubblegum may be a bit much. Really detailed and well thought-out, good work!
Aww shucks, thank you !!

Oh, and I just wanted to try something different than a lot of other Dixie movesets where basically all of them were having her helicopter spin giving her vertical lift, which was non-existent in any of her games with helicopter spinning.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
The mix and match is what I hope for. Sheiks design was awesome (despite being sh** compared to Melee).
OoT3D is just a remake with updated graphics, I don't think there is a redesign.

Are you serious? I'm asking simple questions pertaining to the Zelda topic off-hand, I don't see nothing random about that. <_<

Look at your question...

You just said toon link will remain the same (Which is obvious) but out of no where, you say "I guess if Y.Link took his spot."

So you're saying that Toon Link would not have the same design if Young Link replaces him. My thoughts though but I am still in a state of confusion

OmegaXXII

The mix and match is what I hope for. Sheiks design was awesome (despite being sh** compared to Melee).
OoT3D is just a remake with updated graphics, I don't think there is a redesign.
Yeah, seeng that, Ganon might just get his old Melee look back if he gets represented from OOT3DS, I prefer a totally new exclusive redesign, it might be better actually.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
You know, since we're on Zelda, how would you guys feel if Toon Zelda/Tetra was playable?

OmegaXXII

Look at your question...

You just said toon link will remain the same (Which is obvious) but out of no where, you say "I guess if Y.Link took his spot."

So you're saying that Toon Link would not have the same design if Young Link replaces him. My thoughts though but I am still in a state of confusion
Which wouldn't happen if Y.Link got in anyway right? Why worry about it, don't fret over such an idiotic question that I happen to have asked, no big deal dude.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I really doubt they'd let Link have his Skyward Sword design, Zelda/Sheik her OoT design, Ganondorf his OoT/TP design, and Toon Link be Toon Link.

It's not good design choice. They lose a sense of identity, y'know? ...Toon Link is an exception sense it's the design itself that differentiates him. Link and Zelda will get their SS designs, and Sheik and Ganondorf will either get new designs, or altered ones to match up with the other two.

OmegaXXII

You know, since we're on Zelda, how would you guys feel if Toon Zelda/Tetra was playable?
Well, I always found her as a suggested character back during the Brawl hype, I'm not sure but "Tetra" isn't the same as Toon Zelda am I right?? I believe she was also planned for Brawl's development as well.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
OoT3D is just a remake though, they already used OoT designs in Melee. Ganon's TP design was really cool anyway, but I'd like to see his WW design mixed in with that since SS is cel shaded.
That said, Zelda might actually have a chance at having a Tetra costume :) I wonder how that would work for Sheik. Pirate ninja Sheik design? haha

OmegaXXII

OoT3D is just a remake though, they already used OoT designs in Melee. Ganon's TP design was really cool anyway, but I'd like to see his WW design mixed in with that since SS is cel shaded.
That said, Zelda might actually have a chance at having a Tetra costume :) I wonder how that would work for Sheik. Pirate ninja Sheik design? haha
Better yet, why not a redesign? Ganon should receive the Sheik treatment from Brawl, I'm really not sure how the Tetra style looks, I thought it was similar to Toon.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really doubt they'd let Link have his Skyward Sword design, Zelda/Sheik her OoT design, Ganondorf his OoT/TP design, and Toon Link be Toon Link.

It's not good design choice. They lose a sense of identity, y'know? ...Toon Link is an exception sense it's the design itself that differentiates him. Link and Zelda will get their SS designs, and Sheik and Ganondorf will either get new designs, or altered ones to match up with the other two.
Everything will probably loosely reemble SS. I mean, really it's not going to be too difficult for Sakurai to get his hands on some Ganon/Sheik SS designs. HE DOES work for Nintendo.

If anything, they'll just alter a TP Ganondorf too look more SS.

UGH I am so SICK of this topic.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Everything will probably loosely reemble SS. I mean, really it's not going to be too difficult for Sakurai to get his hands on some Ganon/Sheik SS designs. HE DOES work for Nintendo.

If anything, they'll just alter a TP Ganondorf too look more SS.

UGH I am so SICK of this topic.
Indeed. Sheik in Brawl already answers the question of what they do in this situation. "Didn't get a new design in the most recent game? Oh well, make a new one!"

But yes, this is much too boring. So how 'bout that Mach Rider?

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Well, TP and WW Ganon mixed is a kind of redesign.
Tetra is from Wind Waker, so yea she's toon. She's a pirate captain that has a big role with Link and Zelda having a costume of her would be cool.

You guys have been here since the start of the thread and there is BARELY any news of SSB4 as of now, of course you're hearing the same sh** some people haven't :p

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
Well, I always found her as a suggested character back during the Brawl hype, I'm not sure but "Tetra" isn't the same as Toon Zelda am I right?? I believe she was also planned for Brawl's development as well.
Tetra IS Princess Zelda; it says that on her Brawl trophy.

Toon Zelda was one of the "Forbidden 7" for Brawl. I'm not sure if Tetra was, though. Back then, people assumed TZ would transform into a "Toon Sheik." Of couse, there's no such character.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
@Swayne
You didn't need to spoil for him, he's never played Zelda. I was trying to word it in a way that shes just important.
Just reflecting how I felt when Midna was spoiled for me here back in the Brawl hype before I even got to finish the game T_T

@Mach rider stuff
I recently learned that chains and bikers were an 80s trope, but can't Mach Rider have a moveset without having to resort to stereotypes? Ghost Rider already plays the biker with a chain in fighting games :(

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Resident evil?
Jill Valentine vs. Leon Kennedy

Discuss who would you rather see, and why. OR, discuss anything RE related in terms of Smash.

Playable character: Jill Valentine
Assist Trophy: Albert Wesker
Boss Battle: Nemisis

Trophies:

Rebecca Chambers
Sheva
Claire Redfeild
Chris Redfeild
Leon Kennedy
Zombie Dogs
Licker B

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
@Swayne
You didn't need to spoil for him, he's never played Zelda. I was trying to word it in a way that shes just important.
Just reflecting how I felt when Midna was spoiled for me here back in the Brawl hype before I even got to finish the game T_T
Oops. Sorry. Didn't know that.

Jill Valentine vs. Leon Kennedy

Discuss who would you rather see, and why. OR, discuss anything RE related in terms of Smash.

Playable character: Jill Valentine
Assist Trophy: Albert Wesker
Boss Battle: Nemisis

Trophies:

Rebecca Chambers
Sheva
Claire Redfeild
Chris Redfeild
Leon Kennedy
Zombie Dogs
Licker B
Leon. I got nothing against Jill but I want Leon.

And I want the Tyrant as a trophy or assist trophy

I want the Tyrant as an AT.

I mean.... He'd be as large as Bowser and he'll claw everyone off stage...

OmegaXXII

Tetra IS Princess Zelda; it says that on her Brawl trophy.

Toon Zelda was one of the "Forbidden 7" for Brawl. I'm not sure if Tetra was, though. Back then, people assumed TZ would transform into a "Toon Sheik." Of couse, there's no such character.
Yeah, pretty much what I thought as well, Toon Zelda transforming? Which apparently isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom