• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
If only Mach Rider was cool :(
Hes got the potential to be.

He seems really similar to captain falcon. Hes like a silent, yet still manly and badass version of C.falcon. Or atleast had can be turned into that. I mean C.falcon became like 10x more badass after showing the smashbros series HIS MOOOVES!

and I mean, the dudes a heavily armored motorcycle rider in the apocalyptic alien infested future. Thats like, just oozing badassness!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What in the word does dubstep mean?
It's cool sounding music (I like small doses mixed into a song, not too much) that has one of the most annoying fanbases ever. They're like the Sonic fanboys of music.

Again, it's cool music, but it isn't the best thing to ever grace the planet. (Same goes for you Sonic)

Hes got the potential to be.

He seems really similar to captain falcon. Hes like a silent, yet still manly and badass version of C.falcon. Or atleast had can be turned into that. I mean C.falcon became like 10x more badass after showing the smashbros series HIS MOOOVES!

and I mean, the dudes a heavily armored motorcycle rider in the apocalyptic alien infested future. Thats like, just oozing badassness!
Wellll, his outfit has to be revamped. It's hideous. I'm all for red white and blue and whatnot, but that's just gross. Tone it down, and make him more of a gritty biker "Who's seen a lot in his time" over this ugly BMX forth of july disaster. His Melee design is nice. I like it a lot more. LOT.

wolf is not cloned
The day he drops that blaster, reflector, weird fire kick thing, and teleport, everyone will be happy. Until then, he's some sort of Fox/Falco copy.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm afraid i'm nowhere near as acquainted with Gold and Silver as i am with first gen. Perhaps SSB fan might be able to help you in that area?
I can help you there.

Pokémon Gold/Silver - Violet City
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Route 27
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Radio - Lucky Channel
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Azalea Town
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Kanto Gym Leader
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Lance Battle
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Burned Tower
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Victory Road
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Route 30
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Route 46
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Ho-oh Battle
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Lugia Battle

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I beat gold and silver in 1 day, staying up literally 24 hours to beat the elite 4

Also, Thunder Punch Typhlosion FTW! ...except in this new generation since it's a physical attack now

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I can help you there.

Pokémon Gold/Silver - Violet City
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Route 27
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Radio - Lucky Channel
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Azalea Town
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Kanto Gym Leader
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Lance Battle
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Burned Tower
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Victory Road
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Route 30
Pokémon Gold/Silver - Route 46
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Ho-oh Battle
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Lugia Battle
Cool selection there, I'm adding these as well, I love that Kanto Gym Leader and Azelea Town themes, so many memories. :grin:

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
My favorite theme was and has been Violet City. That song pretty much captures my entire childhood in one, minute long 8-bit melody.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My favorite theme was akways Violet City. That song pretty much captures my entire childhood in one, minute long 8-bit melody.
Lavender Town / Pokemon Tower. My favorite Pokemon tune(s) of all time. Love the creepypasta crap. Love everything about it.

Mach Rider..

Neutral B - Mach elbow!
Down B - Mach rapid kick!
Forward B - Mach speed!
Upward B - Mach dive....

OmegaXXII

Lavender Town / Pokemon Tower. My favorite Pokemon tune(s) of all time. Love the creepypasta crap. Love everything about it.
I've always wanted to listen to the 3rd gen music from Ruby/Sapphire games, better yet play them, but I don't even know where go start, I want to play HeartGold/Soul Silver though.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want a new generation to come out.

Generation V just wasn't as good as generation IV for me. Something about it feels, lackluster

Edit: I played Generation IV constantly for months

I played generation V for a month

OmegaXXII

♥ Generation IV is Diamond/Pearl I assume? Yeah, I think those are also compatible with the 3DS no?

Lol at Mach Rider's obvious moveset.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want a new generation to come out.

Generation V just wasn't as good as generation IV for me. Something about it feels, lackluster

Edit: I played Generation IV constantly for months

I played generation V for a month
I find the problem with Gen V is the lack of old Pokemon, but that's an easy fix. I prefer Gen V's story, it has a lot nice places to train once you beat the game. There are a LOT of hard trainers you can battle.

I've honestly never had a problem with any of the Generations. I find them all to have merits and downfalls. Gen V's downfall for me is. . . the LAME legendaries. The musketeers, and Genies are STUPID. Plus Kyruum or whatever his name is. . . has an ugly design.

I have a lot less of a problem with Meloetta, Victini, Zoroark, and Genesect. They're cool cats.

As for my LEAST favorite game. . . It would be HeartGold/SoulSilver. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. :/ Still good though. Plus, they have those awesome Pokeballs!

Generation IV is Diamond/Pearl I assume? Yeah, I think those are also compatible with the 3DS no?
All DS games are.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Uhh, as well as platinum. It has some nice music as well(i think i put up Amity square a few posts ago).

I have to admit i really liked gen IV. V i found extremely confusing (although if i'd had enough time with it i think i would've mastered it over time), however IV i found confusing in some aspects(such as how you cook poffin ingredients: Be aware i'm not extremely far in the game and i've only just got the poffin box((plus its not so muchmy game than it is my friend's and while he's around i get to play it)) )

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think my problem is I started with a grass starter, and his movepool was so shallow I ended up not using him.

I just started with the wrong pokemon

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Everyone knows that if you pick Charmander as a starter in Red you're going to get completely pwned versing Brock and Misty. Even so i always choose Charmander (i love him), and i always get creamed with Starmie.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think my problem is I started with a grass starter, and his movepool was so shallow I ended up not using him.

I just started with the wrong pokemon
I know what you mean. I feel like I did myself a disservice. I had two ghost types on my team. (The Lanturn, and Golem) This new generation plays so much on the Psychic - Ghost - Dark - Fighting aspects that I kind of got screwed over. Meh, my team is in it's 70's now. I'm excited to be THIS close from retiring them! (I've never fully retired any of my teams. I've leveled up four of my five guys from my platinum team to 100, but not all of them yet)

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I got an awesome idea. What if besides the characters u optain in-game, how about something like "Event" characters? Maybe at places like Toys-R-Us and GameStop, they'll give out a free character? Like, you give them your SSB4 # and they'll transfer it to u as long as u have Wi-Fi?
God no. God no. God no. God no. God no.

Event characters are the WORST idea. They wouldn't be allowed in tourneys as not everyone will have them meaning not every Smash set-up would have them. DLC is fine because you can download it any time, but limited-time events are the worst thing they could bring into Smash 4 or any competitive game really.

The only DLC that I'd really love is alternate costumes, not palette swaps, costumes. Peach as Rosaline, Sonic as Metal Sonic, just general model swaps that keep the exact same bone structure.

OmegaXXII

Event ideas are bad in general, making it like so would be distracting.

DLC stuff I want as alternates are...

Mr.L
Dr.Mario
Armored Mewtwo
Peach (strikers uniform)
Ridley (Meta)
Ike (Hero Ike)

D

Deleted member

I personally started to lose interest in Pokemon after the 3rd gen. 4th gen never had that special feeling to me that the first three gen did and by the time 5th gen rolled in, I had all but lost interest in it. The only reason why I care about the 5th gen is how it relates to Smash.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
The next WarioWare stage has so much potential.

On the subject of mains, I main Peach because I just love her. SSB64 is a different story with Pikachu. I love Pikachu's playstyle. The tier lists have no influence on me. xP
I would like a Wario Land stage more, it's classic, also a stage from Mach Rider would be cool.

OmegaXXII

I would like a Wario Land stage more, it's classic, also a stage from Mach Rider would be cool.
Hmm...I think we are most likely to get another different stage from Wario Ware, a Wario Land stage however seems like a nice idea, I think it's likely to happen only if we get another game based of it, but so far no such game has been announced.

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
I personally started to lose interest in Pokemon after the 3rd gen. 4th gen never had that special feeling to me that the first three gen did and by the time 5th gen rolled in, I had all but lost interest in it. The only reason why I care about the 5th gen is how it relates to Smash.
Yea dude, i never liked any of the newer ones good.

Also, why do people root for Victini? he's just a rodent like Mew, Zoroark is WAY better.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
ChronoBound is correct on that one. The little known factoid around the Smash community is that Intelligent System has not really dictated what lords can or cannot be in Super Smash Bros. Most of the Fire Emblem content is due to Sakurai's own preference for the series. Which is why we almost wound up with three Fire Emblem characters in Brawl. Ike was added because Sakurai went to Intelligent Systems to ask for a suggestion on a new character. Which in turn IS pointed Sakurai towards Ike. This tells me that Intelligent Systems is not overly demanding over what characters get in. Unfortunately people seem to forget there are other ways to represent games and series apart from a playable character. This is even more true thanks to Assist Trophies, stickers, trophies, and music.

@Oasis:

Sakurai requested Roy specifically. Why? Who knows besides himself. The only other character he possibly did this with was Captain Falcon.
If Sakurai himself requested Roy to be in Melee, that's pretty a huge advantage in his favor, especially if C. Falcon, whom I heard was his favorite, was the only person he specifically requested. No guarantees, of course, but hey, what really is when it comes to Sakurai?

:o I found interesting news.

According to Serebii, the event Mewtwo knows Psystrike, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, and a move that it can't normally learn: Electro Ball.

Any thoughts on this regarding a revamped moveset?
I like that I feel like I broke potentially important news...
Electro Ball? That'd be badass...

If everyone followed the "new=playable" mantra than Ghirahim should be a lock. Just saying... Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Precisely. Wolf over Krystal, Red over 4th gen and 3rd gen Trainers... Sakurai knows what's up. He knows that more recent doesn't exactly mean more liked or more wanted.

I think what likely happened while Sakurai was getting suggestions on Marth's moveset from IS, he got a peak at FE6. Sakurai probably thought Roy looked cool and thought he would be a character that people would want to play as despite not knowing who he is. He also probably thought that people would want to not only want to explore Roy's future game but also the series in general, which Sakurai is a big fan of. And what do you know, IT WORKED.
Roy is pretty much the only I really care about FE-wise so I say Sakurai made a great decision. :)

Is Chrome not in the same boat Ike was six years ago though? Ike used to be the new guy, and people didn't want to give up on their precious redhead.

Ike turned out to be one of the more requested characters for Brawl in the end. This will probably happen with Chrome too. YOU'RE NOT DISCOUNTING THAT POSSIBILITY ARE YOU...? I know he just seems like this new douchebag taking away your characters right now, but he's probably going to grow on a lot of people.

...But with Fire Emblem there are just so many possibilities that IT IS JUST THE WORST and I guess I don't care much either way. u3u
People could also hate Chrome's guts.

If anything, for the last FE slot, it's all up to who ever wins between Roy and Chrome.
Or, Sakurai, like the baws he is, decides to put in both Roy and Chrome, Takashi Iikuza-style. :cool:

I lost most of my interest in Pokemon after Arceus was introduced...

OmegaXXII

Yea dude, i never liked any of the newer ones good.

Also, why do people root for Victini? he's just a rodent like Mew, Zoroark is WAY better.
Because he's had a movie and is popular in the west, also he could very much work and move like Pikachu or Ivysaur does, personally I do prefer Victini more, but if Zoroark gets in I would be fine, just as long as I get my Mewtwo is all. :rolleyes:

OmegaXXII

Hmm...yea, I've always wanted Mewtwo more myself, heck even the Japanese want him alot, I don't think you need to worry so much, I'm sure he'll be fine, Team Rocket however with Meowth would be so epic, they are iconic and would provide lots of lulz as well. :grin:

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Pyrokinesis maybe?

I never got the Mew comparisons. Come on now, he's a Fire-type and looks more like Vulpix...
No, cuz I think he's stupid, he should just stick in a Pokeball with guaranteeing you the matcn, wouldn't that be much better?

Also, Megaman should NEVER be in, just give us Geno or Cloud.

OmegaXXII

Well, if Zoroark does make it as playable status then it would be fine having Victini as part of an item, however I prefer to have them both since DLC will probably be in Smash 4, they could offer the one that didn't make the cut at a later date if fans demanded it, also as much as Cloud is cool and all; I don't think he has any good chance whatsoever, they seem minimal to none at best, I still would like Megaman but if we got a Square rep like Slime then that would be just fine, although Sephiroth** or Dragon Quest Hero would be great. :awesome :

**doesn't stand a chance. :(

Lord Hokage

Smash Apprentice
Well, if Zoroark does make it as playable status then it would be fine having Victini as part of an item, however I prefer to have them both since DLC will probably be in Smash 4, they could offer the one that didn't make the cut at a later date if fans demanded it, also as much as Cloud is cool and all; I don't think he has any good chance whatsoever, they seem minimal to none at best, I still would like Megaman but if we got a Square rep like Slime then that would be just fine, although Sephiroth** or Dragon Quest Hero would be great. :awesome :

**doesn't stand a chance. :(

Sephiroth would be way cool, i also want Roy so bad, too bad FE13 came out. :(

OmegaXXII

Sephiroth would be way cool, i also want Roy so bad, too bad FE13 came out. :(
Yep, I imagine him to be one of the better swordsman, as for Roy, don't give your hopes up just yet, he is very wanted in Japan and seems to be favored by Sakurai himself, considering he was going to be in Brawl because of him, I want Chrome however since he wouldn't necessarly be an exact clone to Ike, unless Roy finally got his own moveset.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I've been into Pokemon since it first started... I remember when I got a Gameboy Color for Christmas one year I finally got my first Pokemon game Gold Version. Anywa yhow would Shulk play if he got in?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
No, cuz I think he's stupid, he should just stick in a Pokeball with guaranteeing you the matcn, wouldn't that be much better?

Also, Megaman should NEVER be in, just give us Geno or Cloud.
Lol no, why would I want to be "guaranteed a match"? Defeats the whole purpose of actually playing the game. :laugh:

The only I could see that being fun is if there was an event revolved around it or something, like Event 37 in Melee with the Legendary Pokemon and Jiggs.

Personally, I want Genesect more.

Victini has by far better chances, though, so I'm rooting for it.

I don't mind if Zoroark gets in, but I don't like Illusion powers at all.

The only character I really liked that had similar metamorphing powers and crap like that was T-1000 from Terminator 2.

Just my 1,000,000 cents is all.

Now as for third-party joes...

I am to Viewtiful Joe what berserker is to Phoenix Wright. ;)

Hmm...yea, I've always wanted Mewtwo more myself, heck even the Japanese want him alot, I don't think you need to worry so much, I'm sure he'll be fine, Team Rocket however with Meowth would be so epic, they are iconic and would provide lots of lulz as well. :grin:

Smash needs more lulz in general.

I can't tell you how much of a big-turn off the SSE and the supposed epic Latin chanting and stuffz were.

They kinda took away the fun-spirited tones of 64 and even Melee to an extent.

That's why I want PINGAS Robotnik to team up with Wily or Bowser as an Adventure Mode boss.

One I always loved about Robotnik were his hissy fits, especially in Colors. :laugh:

OmegaXXII

I've been into Pokemon since it first started... I remember when I got a Gameboy Color for Christmas one year I finally got my first Pokemon game Gold Version. Anywa yhow would Shulk play if he got in?
Yup, that was pretty much me as well, I played lots of Gold as well. :)

As for Shulk, hmm...This guy made a moveset already, I'll look for it, he would use a sword though.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
...Hey wait a minute. I WONDER. Maybe Mach Rider was meant to be the clone of Captain Falcon in Melee? But he ended up having to go with Ganondorf if only because of his immense popularity.

I mean, you could almost say F-Zero is the spiritual successor to Mach Rider. :awesome:

Not like that gets us anywhere...
And exactly why did this post get ignored? This is a pretty damn good theory, I never thought of that before...

That's just what I was thinking. Perhaps this Mewtwo will have something to do with the next movie...? Staring Kyurem maybe. And then those who got the event Mewtwo can transfer it onto POKEMON GREY, and get something special...

WILD IDEAS...
That would be epic. :)

OmegaXXII

Because The Mach Rider game that was rumored got deconfirmed. :awesome:

I honestly don't see what's so appealing about him, if he's gonna be a clone, why even have him in? Ganondorf seemed better but now it's time for him to get his dark magic/sword based moveset and better balanced.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
True. Ah well.

I gots a crazy idea that I think would be cool.

How about everyone having a scouter as an alt costume?

Yes, everyone. Fox, Falco, Wolf, Mario, Mewtwo, Pikachu, Saki, Isaac, Game and Watch, R.O.B, C. Falcon, Link, Jiggz, Ness, Mega Man, K. Rool, Kirby, Ike, Victini, Ridley, Toad, hell, even Dedede... you name it.

They'd be novelty costumes that you'd unlock by completing Challenges.

That's another thing I'd love in Smash 4. Novelty alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom