• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I was thinking of some stage concepts from the old NES games that would be really interesting in Smash. NES and SNES is really unique in the fact that a lot of stages are already 2D which makes it easy transfer.

This is the idea I have so far.

Duck Hunt

Excite Bike

Urban Champion

Balloon Fight

Wrecking Crew

Gyromite

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hopefully they keep Ike in the next Smash, seeing as likely he isn't returning in a new Fire Emblem game, and Chrome / Krom could easily replace him, same as how Ike replaced Roy before. I wouldn't mind 3 FE characters at all, but if they all fight with swords I feel it's not the best way to represent the series as a whole. Still, I see not many other options available.

Thino

Smash Master
Because it usually takes like forever for you guys to get news that actually matters:
http://andriasang.com/comya5/

"I'm currently concentrating on one title, Kid Icarus. Until this wraps up, Smash Bros. will not progress. Of course, characters have not been decided at all." - Mr. S

Also this is where I brag, because that's the kind of person I am.
wasnt it already semi-confirmed that development for this game would stat in October at the earliest?

well prolly 2012 now since Kid Icarus itself got delayed

oh god delays..

remember when Brawl was gonna be released on Dec 3rd 2007?

D

Deleted member

Hopefully they keep Ike in the next Smash, seeing as likely he isn't returning in a new Fire Emblem game, and Chrome / Krom could easily replace him, same as how Ike replaced Roy before. I wouldn't mind 3 FE characters at all, but if they all fight with swords I feel it's not the best way to represent the series as a whole. Still, I see not many other options available.
I wouldn't worry about Ike much if I were you. Ike has more things going for his return and I do think we'll get three FE rep. Also, Roy was planned for Brawl, but got dropped.

:phone:

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
wasnt it already semi-confirmed that development for this game would stat in October at the earliest?

well prolly 2012 now since Kid Icarus itself got delayed

oh god delays..

remember when Brawl was gonna be released on Dec 3rd 2007?
My friend gave me an issue for Nintendo Power because it had a Brawl 2007 calendar in it and I highlighted that date :(
Hopefully the only delays happen for the 3DS version if there are any.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hah delays. Oh well.

I've been waiting for another KI game for years now, even if Smash 4 is delayed due to it, while it does suck, I can wait.

This is even more so for the Japanese since they haven't had a KI game since 86.

Happy 25th Birthday Pit. :)

Anyway it's nice to see Toise popping in and out. I for one think it's funny to have a critic around.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
So will Pit still be counted as a classic character or no?

Also, since Pit had a new weapon for Brawl and it appeared in his new game, does anyone think Samus will have that whip in some future Metroid game?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So will Pit still be counted as a classic character or no?

Also, since Pit had a new weapon for Brawl and it appeared in his new game, does anyone think Samus will have that whip in some future Metroid game?
I'd say that due to already having 2 games and another one coming out, that he's semi-modern in the West.

But due to only 1 game in Japan, he's classic there.

As for Samus's whip, I think that's a much better idea then most of the entirety of Other M.

Too bad it didn't happen in Prime 3, with the motion control, I think it could have been a really fun concept.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Future installments might be influenced with Other M having melee attacks. As far as I know, there is no Zero/Jumpsuit gameplay (although being able to switch from 3rd to 1st person sounds interesting) which would've been interesting to see her use the stun gun and whip, and Team Ninja helped so it would've looked intense. There's always Haloid to see her in action tho :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't worry about Ike much if I were you. Ike has more things going for his return and I do think we'll get three FE rep. Also, Roy was planned for Brawl, but got dropped.

I am still pretty worried though. Yes, Roy would return initially, but so would Dr.Mario. And I don't think he's returning either. Mewtwo might also not return even.

Anyways, the point with Ike is, he's not going to be used anymore, and doesn't earn his place as much as Marth, being the classic Lord and all (and having appeared in more games, though they're most Japanese, and remakes).

Also, Chrome / Krom fights pretty similar as Ike in FE 3DS from what I've seen. And by the time Smash 4 comes out, another FE could already be in the making. Possibly starring a new Lord, who could be the game's 'Roy' (and hopefully isn't fighting with swords). That way we'd still have 3 FE Lords. But without Ike, or Roy.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
That's why we have Palutena with a staff xD

You're right tho, if Lyn can't make it due to her popularity being "outdated" the same may go for Ike. I've been hearing talk about Chrome/Krom and it looks like he'd be the new Ike. If anything there's always costumes :D
But if Mewtwo returns (derp) I have high hopes for Ike returning too.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
We already saw those leaks yesterday, we even translated them, they are phonny according to everyone, it stated we would get no tripping though, would be nice.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If it's titles, definatly "Super Smash Bros. Revolution".
What are you talking about? So I guess we won't get any information for awhile this really sucks, if we don't get anything at E3 I'm going to cry

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The most important development we have gotten regarding Smash Bros. 4 is that its still not in development and that he won't think about characters until he if finished with Uprising.

I think its possible that he might begin work on Smash 4 this year, though it would probably be early December at the earliest. I am not doubting that we are going to get any meaningful revelations about Smash 4 at E3 2012. We will likely get the official name and maybe a few details about how the 3DS and Wii U versions connect, but that is about it. If we do get newcomers, it will be no more than three.

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
The most important development we have gotten regarding Smash Bros. 4 is that its still not in development and that he won't think about characters until he if finished with Uprising.

I think its possible that he might begin work on Smash 4 this year, though it would probably be early December at the earliest. I am not doubting that we are going to get any meaningful revelations about Smash 4 at E3 2012. We will likely get the official name and maybe a few details about how the 3DS and Wii U versions connect, but that is about it. If we do get newcomers, it will be no more than three.
I'm pretty sure characters and SSB are in the back of his mind at the least. Team Sora is probably already brainstorming some things as well. It's been said here that development would start this October.
Pit, MetaK, ZSS, Wario come to mind when introducing newcomers, but no one can really say that there's a pattern. Around 3 does sound good tho, and putting a 3rd party (Megaman :D) might be pushing it too far but we can only hope.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would love if Nintendo would do character trailers not just for third parties, but for every character they announce.

OmegaXXII

Snake Eater sex should return

FFX thing: wish they'd do it for 9 but it's not as popular as 7, 8 or 10
It got announced at the Tokyo Game Show last week, people were estatic about a FFVII remake, too bad it would be too expensive, I still can't wait for X though.

Melée HD should happen with online. :D

y.toonlink

Smash Ace
Why the accent :O

but yea, that's what I've been saying lol

Who said a 7 remake would be too expensive? I thought they'd do it considering all the Cloud and Sephi fans

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I guess it shouldn't be so difficult considering it was on the GNC already, just with improved online is all.

Also MGS Love theme would be phenomenal.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I would love if Nintendo would do character trailers not just for third parties, but for every character they announce.
...That would be pretty AWESOME.

But don't you know they'll want to PROLONG the updates by showing you a character, wait one month, show you one of their specials, and then a couple months later show you their Final Smash. >8OOO

"Giga Bowser Jr."

OmegaXXII

Who said a 7 remake would be too expensive? I thought they'd do it considering all the Cloud and Sephi fans
Well, the game looks crappy as is, they would literally have to rebuild the whole game from scratch, as opposed to X which wouldn't require so much effort because it isn't as bad (in appearance) as FFVII is, this is cosmetical issues however, but still I am hopeful for such a game to be announced, only when....

Also Kingdom Hearts 3DS was announced as well, Sora Hype!! :D

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Personally I despise third parties and I would love it if they remove Snake and Sonic. I know it will never happen but hey I can dream can't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom