• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mother 2 a bright influence on life? What the heck are you smoking John? Have you PLAYED the game? It is a freaking acid trip dipped in speed. Not only is it non-sensical. It is pretty dark too. Case and point, Giygas...
Haha, Is Earthbound really that good?

:phone:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Awesome Nascour theme.. :)
It really is. Not only is the music itself great, I just love how the entire colosseum is cheering on Nascour as he's about to battle Wes, it gives that impression of surmounting odds upon the player.

That's how I feel the Master Hand (and Crazy Hand) battle should be in Smash. I think he should have a stadium of followers cheering him on during the battle, would make the fight feel a lot more authentic...

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What game are those these from? I like it. :)

Pokemon Colosseum. It's for the GameCube. :)

Only bummer I'd say is that there are no encountering wild Pokemon in it (GCN wasn't capable of it, I assume). Personally, I love it even more than its sequel, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness (where Shadow Lugia came from). It was the game that got me back into Pokemon...

OmegaXXII

Oh, I see, I always suggested a colosseum type of stage, at least one with an actual crowd, not like Pokemon Stadium though.

I've always wanted to ask, do the battles feel like their gameboy counterparts?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh, I see, I always suggested a colosseum type of stage, at least one with an actual crowd, not like Pokemon Stadium though.

I've always wanted to ask, do the battles feel like their gameboy counterparts?

I thoroughly enjoyed the battles in Colosseum, but I haven't played Emerald in so long, so I can't really say much, but from what I remember, it feels pretty similar to the battles of the handheld aside from its main way of capturing Pokemon (snagging them from other trainers).

Colosseum is a 3rd gen game, it's basically the console counterpart to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, I've always seen them as similar, Ill probably end up snagging the original one, I'm definetly up for some new themes, mainly ones like The Gym battles, Lance/Blue theme, and various other classic ones from Gold/Silver without them
being remixed.

Also, Goldenrod City or Tin Tower would be awesome aside from Saffron City.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Haha, Is Earthbound really that good?

If it wasn't why would I be decked out in Earthbound attire? On top of that it has some of the best music on the SNES. Some of the real life sampling aside...

EarthBound - Onett (The REAL song)
EarthBound - You've Come Far (Coffee Break)
EarthBound - Boy Meets Girl (Twoson)
EarthBound - Kraken of the Sea
EarthBound - Battle Against a Machine
EarthBound - Snowman
EarthBound - Otherworldly Foe
EarthBound - Summers, Eternal Tourist Trap
EarthBound - Welcome Home, Magicant
EarthBound - Belch's Factory
EarthBound - The Tenda's Cave
EarthBound - Pink Cloud Cave
EarthBound - The Lost Underworld

of course

EarthBound - New Age Retro Hippie
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business!

Yes I love Earthbound...

OmegaXXII

If it wasn't why would I be decked out in Earthbound attire? On top of that it has some of the best music on the SNES. Some of the real life sampling aside...

EarthBound - Onett (The REAL song)
EarthBound - You've Come Far (Coffee Break)
EarthBound - Boy Meets Girl (Twoson)
EarthBound - Kraken of the Sea
EarthBound - Snowman
EarthBound - Otherworldly Foe
EarthBound - Summers, Eternal Tourist Trap
EarthBound - Welcome Home, Magicant
EarthBound - Belch's Factory
EarthBound - The Tenda's Cave
EarthBound - Pink Cloud Cave
EarthBound - The Lost Underworld

of course

EarthBound - New Age Retro Hippie
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business!

Yes I love Earthbound...
Hence why you got Starman, awesome.

The SNES version of that definetly has some appealing music by the look of things, now I'm just wondering what kind of stage we would actually get as far as EarthBound goes.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Lol. This would be such an interesting month of character selection, or however long it would take. All three of us just have, very, VERY different ways of coming about how we pick our characters. Needless to say, the choices would be good, I think. Having three people is a good idea because I know on a few subjects, me and SSBF just don't see eye to eye, so a third person would be a great choice.
Yeah, we tend to disagree on third-party characters and cuts. :bee: That said, if that was the team, perhaps we and others on the team could be the Founding Fathers.
Roy-Kun: said:
Why the sudden bash, hate, whatever for Capcom? Man, this isn't a thread to do that.
Simple; it's because of what has happened to Mega Man lately. I see where they're coming from, but I don't really see Capcom as this evil overlord who's on a mission to kill Mega Man. If you want to talk about "evil overlords", Activision fits the description better.
--- said:
But how would people like Red to use Charizard, Mewtwo, and Deoxys like he does in the manga?
Now that is how you be awesome. Three deserving Pokemons, all under one roof.
--- said:
Also I just looked and Victini's movie will be shown in theaters for the 1st time since the Pokemon Heroes; 9 movies ago. So this will definitely get SSBF excited.
Its a limited release in about 300 theaters for two days. Still, I have lots of hopes for Victini inclusion.
Oasis_S said:
At first I thought Victini's theme sounded like gay bar music. STRONG BEAT. But then it becomes Mortal Kombat. Whatever it is I like it.

Vs. Victini for My Music.

'MER'CA!
That was a great song. One of my favorite legendary themes.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hence why you got Starman, awesome.

The SNES version of that definetly has some appealing music by the look of things, now I'm just wondering what kind of stage we would actually get as far as EarthBound goes.

I wish I could just come into this thread and this music would start playing.

"You confront the Starphoenix"

Oh how I wish I could make that my title... Stupid premium users... :(

OmegaXXII

I wish I could just come into this thread and this music would start playing.

"You confront the Starphoenix"

Oh how I wish I could make that my title... Stupid premium users... :(
Hey hey, it can be done, maybe that Phoenix Wright avi you had would do?

I wonder which songs would even get in Smash, from Earthbound 3? I like that machine theme by the way.

Steam

Smash Hero
Mewtwo just got arrested on a DUI so he's never getting into smash

also Lucario was found dead in his living room

and zoroark has gone missing

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I kind of want six Pokemon reps that way we can have this

Pikachu
PT
Jiggz
Mewtwo
Lucario
Zoroark/Victini

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
i think mewtwo is going to get in; to be blunt. sucks lucario died. i know you're here calvinwars :awesome:
Ya I know. Still lurking. To be honest, I don't think i've posted for over 300 pages (in default viewing)

EDIT: Just checked. Last post was page 1990. Almost 600 pages. Damn.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
...well, can't be helped. Anyway...

Here's a feature they should add to their Stage Builder menu: the option to upload your own music to use as the background music for your created stage.

Wouldn't that be cool?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We are never going to get a second Trainer, ever. Like a second rep for Sonic, there's not even a glimmer of hope this will happen. It's not a smart way to add reps, because it's still three characters that must be developed, which would bring Pokemon up to a whopping nine characters.

...did I even have to explain this?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
We are never going to get a second Trainer, ever. Like a second rep for Sonic, there's not even a glimmer of hope this will happen. It's not a smart way to add reps, because it's still three characters that must be developed, which would bring Pokemon up to a whopping nine characters.

...did I even have to explain this?
But why would they pass up the chance to use a guy like Giovanni who could use relatively unknown Pokemon like Nidoking and Persian? :awesome:

OmegaXXII

Because he would be soo cool to play as, not to mention he's an antagonist as well, though I wouldn't mind if it was Trainer N instead.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh hush. You just want Giovanni to justify Mewtwo returning (in armor no less).

Or maybe the other way around.

Either way you're silly.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
My guess if we got another PT that it would be N. He's a 5th Gen rep, has many popular 5th Gen Pokemon on his team such as Zoroark, and he fills a sort of an Anti-Hero roll which would be good for the Pokemon series since no one is truly evil (except in the manga).

Quick question:

With Pit gaining all those new weapons in Uprising does anyone else think we may see changes in his moveset? While the Sacred Treasures are instead used for Palutena and Medusa movesets?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We are still debating another Pokémon Trainer? Listen, the PT is Red, and Red is Ash. Ask a random old lady who it is. She'll say that he's that kid from Pokémon who has that cute Pikachu.

Now who in the hell who doesn't play the games knows who Giovanni, N, Cynthia, or *insert character here* is=??? Exactly. Plus, what other dang Pokémon would be anywhere near as well-known, original, or well-liked, and on top of that, a legitimate team with different weaknesses each=???

You guys are going way too crazy with the extra Pokémon Trainer idea. This is smash bros, not Pokémon Smash Battle.

Also, the EarthBound series needs MROE MUSICS! I'm going to go out on a limb, and say EarthBound is probably the most memorable RPG I've ever played, or will ever play.

The theme from 4:10 on is so awesome (this is EarthBound's end credits).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No no, his Auravision would go all haywire and he would mistake everyone as aura. He would then shout "THE AURA IS MINE" and grab the nearest opponent. This would slow them down and be really annoying.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's a lot of great Kid Icarus items that could work great in Smash Bros.

I would love to see various weapons and weapon upgrades from Zelda and Metroid.

Seriously, a bomb bag item, and a bow and arrow with different types of arrow (regular, fire arrows that burn foes, ice that free foes, and light arrows that do massive damage), a ball and chain, a ALTTP hammer, an ice beam, a super screw attack (like in Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion), and a Dark World teleporter (where you got to the Dark World and eff people up in the real world like in ALTTP) would be awesome.

Also, the shoe from Super Mario Bros. 3. That shoe was my best friend as a kid! :laugh:

Edit: Lucario's weight class is about where it should be. He could use a bit more weight in the next smash. He only weighs around 170 pounds. Mewtwo, on the other hand, weighs 270 pounds, despite weighing about as much as Peach in Melee! /fail :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom