• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabyr

Smash Cadet
How about this. Super Smash Bros. 4 should have an 8-player versus battle royal.
Not so sure on this. I mean, with the Wii U controller and four Wiimotes, I was thinking maybe five-player action..but eight? At the same time? Personally, I think that would just get too crazy and crowded. Unless they make the stages like twice as big...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We need something to interject some actual discussion. Too bad we don't have any more random Japanse board and blog information. Even worse, we don't have any news. :\

Actually I prefer Melee since it's fast paced, plus I ended up playing Melee in-depth the most, Brawl is good in it's own way but tripping is what killed it IMO.
lol I see no reason why tripping is such a big deal to people. Yes, it is a very stupid mechanic that makes no sense. But I still rarely see it happen in matches where it really matters all that much, so I cannot fathom why people seem to act like it messes them up all the time when it's really only a minor setback.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
lol I see no reason why tripping is such a big deal to people. Yes, it is a very stupid mechanic that makes no sense. But I still rarely see it happen in matches where it really matters all that much, so I cannot fathom why people seem to act like it messes them up all the time when it's really only a minor setback.
Hardcore gamers just don't like it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
We need something to interject some actual discussion. Too bad we don't have any more random Japanse board and blog information. Even worse, we don't have any news. :\
I can't wait to see how this board will looking during the Fall, Winter, and most worst, the spring. 0.0 E3 2012 should b e here before we know it, and then we'll have a lot of news.

Hardcore gamers just don't like it.
Hardcore games are also known to rage around when losing matches too ;D They seem a bit too uptight about stuff.

Anyway, has there been much discussion on 1-player? Subspace was a flop honestly. Cool that you can unlock characters quickly, but a flop non the less.

Actually, for some reason it happens to me all the time in matches then I mess up. Lol. I don't like tripping but I don't extremely despise the mechanic. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's annoying.

I still want it to be removed. It really didn't do much and it's useless.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
How about this. Super Smash Bros. 4 should have an 8-player versus battle royal.
If they do the online proper this is tottally possible.

Okay Krystal character design is on my blog. (I fixed the Fire Blaster misconception and added details about her outfit and color changes).

Now I'm going to work on Samurai Goroh. This will be very difficult trying to make a unique sword fighter from Link, Marth, Ike, etc...

army man

Smash Ace
If they do the online proper this is tottally possible.

Okay Krystal character design is on my blog. (I fixed the Fire Blaster misconception and added details about her outfit and color changes).

Now I'm going to work on Samurai Goroh. This will be very difficult trying to make a unique sword fighter from Link, Marth, Ike, etc...
where's a link to your blog, i want to check it out.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Meh..that's one of the reasons why I hate it so much, I simply don't like the fact that at any given moment I'll be defenseless and punished by a move simply because of such a stupid mechanics being so random, besides it's too floaty and slow for my tastes, that's why I always end up playing Brawl+ or Project M, and it's ridiculous that I have to resort to it.

:phone:

Hardcore games are also known to rage around when losing matches too ;D They seem a bit too uptight about stuff.

Anyway, has there been much discussion on 1-player? Subspace was a flop honestly. Cool that you can unlock characters quickly, but a flop non the less.
That's what I liked about Subspace. I don't have to play like 50 matches all over again just to unlock this character.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can't wait to see how this board will looking during the Fall, Winter, and most worst, the spring. 0.0 E3 2012 should b e here before we know it, and then we'll have a lot of news.
At least during the Winter new games will drop which will affect our speculation. Plus I'm going to be busy with school and dealing with the holiday craze at work. I'll be busy. At least by the time E3 rolls around I'll be out of class and taking E3 off. So that way if I see in the inevitable Smash Bros 4 trailer even an inkling of Megaman and Slime or Chocobo I can post this: http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs

@Star Where's Chrono,SSBF, or Toise when we need them?
Probably hiding. Which is what I'd do if I were a more sensible man.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I see him as a more BRAWLER type swordsman. Doesn't give the feeling of a very disciplined or trained swordsman, y'know? Mixes punches and kicks with his slices. It should be noted that Captain Falcon is a total "Japanese superhero" in Smash, so if you can figure out a way to work that theme into Goroh...

I don't suppose you saw my post about Slime & Chocobo's reveal trailer, Star? 8D

It was pretty dumb. Don't want to miss it.

D

Deleted member

ChronoBound said something about the roster likely not being finalized until late 2012(3?). If this is true and if Mellotta/Genesect get a movie in 2012/2013, then due to Zoroark being more obsolete and Victini is Mew-like, then I feel as neither candidates are as likely as we think. Keep this in mind.

@Starphoenix Music idea: I absolutely love your ideas in regards to it. It also makes me wish Brawl would expand on this limit.

@CalvinWars: I don't care if Link has his Skyward Swords or Twilight Princess outfit.

For newcomer reveals, what do people think of it focusing on new franchises? Something like this:

Starfy
Little Mac
Saki Amamiya
Takamaru
Mega Man
JavaCroc said:
The amount of crap posts piling onto one big pile of crap posts in this devolving thread since I've been gone is crappy.
Tell me about it. It's what has been turning me off this thread.
JavaCroc said:
Having read Chronobound's essay on clones, it brings up an interesting point; suppose Sakurai added more clones and semi-clones into SSB4's roster to beef up the roster in a limited time.ChronoBound's essay is here; I recommend reading it before answering.

If you were in the same situation as Sakurai and you had to include clones in SSB4's roster in a last-minute attempt to increase the size of the roster, who would you add?
I would just add Black Shadow to take Ganondorf's move set and call it a day.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
that would be SO LEGIT unless there were two people were trying to have a 1v1
Yeah that's the only part of Brawl's online I hate.

How am I supposed to practice competively when there are 2 other people attacking me at the same time? This is why I just join in Taunt matches or Team matches online. :p

I'm quite surprised Brawl didn't have a player option to begin with. It would have helped reduce lag and make waiting for other players way shorter.

That's what I liked about Subspace. I don't have to play like 50 matches all over again just to unlock this character.
Yep. I think the fastest I unlocked was about 5 hours.
besides it's too floaty and slow for my tastes, that's why I always end up playing Brawl+ or Project M, and it's ridiculous that I have to resort to it.
Well, I don't think I have to say that there is a game already that you like that doesn't need to be hacked lol

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Yeah pretty much every enemy in the Subspace Emissary was original. Very few classic enemies were involved.

The next Adventure Mode can be a Subspace Emissary sequel, but it would focus a lot more on classic enemies and bosses, instead of being original.

How lol? U need to be dead on to hit a rest. Well, not DEAD on. But you get what I'm sayin

:phone:
Well, Rest is quite risky to use, since you are left wide open to attacks. Nerfing it will keep people from abusing the move.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I see him as a more BRAWLER type swordsman. Doesn't give the feeling of a very disciplined or trained swordsman, y'know? Mixes punches and kicks with his slices. It should be noted that Captain Falcon is a total "Japanese superhero" in Smash, so if you can figure out a way to work that theme into Goroh...

I don't suppose you saw my post about Slime & Chocobo's reveal trailer, Star? 8D

I saw it, I had my own idea about a reveal actually. lol

Oh, what if all characters received voice acting for dialogue in 1 player :D
Oh, but that would ruin the 20 year mute look that link has been working.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, Rest is quite risky to use, since you are left wide open to attacks. Nerfing it will keep people from abusing the move.
Isn't that sort of a twisted concept? "This move is hard to use, so lets make it not worth using"

At least during the Winter new games will drop which will affect our speculation. Plus I'm going to be busy with school and dealing with the holiday craze at work. I'll be busy. At least by the time E3 rolls around I'll be out of class and taking E3 off. So that way if I see in the inevitable Smash Bros 4 trailer even an inkling of Megaman and Slime or Chocobo I can post this: http://youtu.be/P3ALwKeSEYs
Seriously though. I'm glad to have school be my next hobby. This one will definitely prove more fruitful.

What?

I don't see the point of hiding. Nothing stupid is happening.
You're just used to the insane speed and lack of true topic.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

Yeah I agree. Sakurai mentioned that in both his AT profile and Lyn's in DOJO. I don't know the whole "Japanese Superhero" archetype. Is that like power rangers?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to post this again.
berserker01 said:
What?

I don't see the point of hiding. Nothing stupid is happening.
I can tolerate stupidity more easily then most people, but even I have my limit. The amount of derping that went on was absolutely terrible and so massively off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom