• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I love the social thread idea,

I wish I could post in the Falco bakery social. :/

@Iblis: quit yapping boy, I've been improving ever since last time so there!

:phone:

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
its weird how the brawl community share irrelevant ideas.........
so what if the next smash isn't brawl?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No one will care because we already know it isn't getting ready to be brawl. LOL

Kuma wants more competitive talk

@Above: That is the worst pic ever...LOL

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a brief overview of "The Arena", which I stated on my last post...

The Arena is basically an improved Boss Battles game mode. It'll not only contain Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and every boss fought in Adventure Mode, but it'll also include enemy ambush fights. Let's use my boss thoughts as examples...

------------------------
Matches 1-14

Master Hand
Crazy Hand
King Boo
Tiki Tong
Stallord
Metroid Prime
Galacta Knight
Kyurem
Porky
Twinbellows
Egg Viper
Bahamut
Enemy Ambush 1: Enemy Assault
Enemy Ambush 2: Mini-Boss Bonanza
------------------------
Match 15

Nightmare
------------------------

Enemy Ambush 1 basically has the player facing off against every basic Adventure Mode enemy that has appeared. These enemies aren't restricted to ambush areas, and up to 5 will appear at a time. Bob-ombs do pop up so that players can prevent Dry Bones and Stalfos from regenerating.

Enemy Ambush 2 has the player facing every mini-boss that has appeared in Adventure Mode. Mini-bosses only appear in ambush areas, and may include enemies such as Darknut, Pirate Commander, and Bugzzy. Only one mini-boss appears at a time.

The first 14 matches pit the player against a random boss. Match 15's boss is always the same.

Master Hand and Crazy Hand are not paired up in The Arena, so you only face one hand per match. They are paired up in an Event Match that I've mentioned several post back.

The player is given up to 5 recovery hearts. However, it's game over if the player gets KO'd; the player can't continue if that happens.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I cover all options son.

Wait what, I don't look at Kuma as a sensei just a person to go to for advice. I always wanted to know what it was like from other fighting communites perspective.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Zen-oSo, you've been in and out of the discussion, what comes to mind? other than trolling and loling of course.
With all these discussions? I feel that a lot of the discussions, especially on characters, are outright biased and filled with remote logic that does not have a lot of backing other than typical conjecture. Then there's the whole thing about rating character chances. I'm sorry, SSBF, but this has got to be the biggest waste of time I've seen here as it's just people throwing out arbitrary numbers. I could say Kumatora is 30% likely for no real reason.

IMO, the discussions are lacking in, in my opinion, proper priority. You could have your dream roster, but that doesn't mean squat if the game is a slow, shallow, camp-friendly, random tripping game.

And on that name, I haven't been all zenny as of late. I need to get back into doing my taichi again - that **** not only keeps my walking balanced, but it gives me a nice workout. Also, I'm wondering if I should change my name to something else. I took an animal personality test, and the entries for the Wolf and the Penguin matched me a lot. Maybe I should change my name to OkamiPinguino - I'd be so *puts on glasses* OP.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ugggg. If there is a DK boss, does it have to be Tiki Tong? I'd rather it be Krow, Kutlass, or maybe Klubba. Something awesome.

OmegaXXII

Also, Omega if you have time, what are your thoughts on the Apple tab usage? I'm sure that watering your vegetrollbles aint easy.
If you are talking about the iPhone it's alright, I've gotten quite used to it for SWF use, though linking and multi-quoting can be such a hastle. :/

Hopefully the Wii-U will have a better browsing experience than the Wii.

D

Deleted member

Depends on if he's wearing his sunglasses or not.
He doesn't wear sunglasses.

Also, what are the common arguments made against Victini's inclusion? I'm writing an essay and I want to cover all the arguments as much as possible.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
He doesn't wear sunglasses.

Also, what are the common arguments made against Victini's inclusion? I'm writing an essay and I want to cover all the arguments as much as possible.
Well most people support Victini only because they don't want to support Zoroark. Can't really blame them.

Victini hasn't really set itself apart from its counterparts: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. Sure, when Brawl starts development it will be the star of the newest movie, but so was Manaphy and look what happened.

There's not really MUCH you can say against it. Pokemon is a ***** to predict for. Zoroark is just pretty much made for Sm4sh FOR BETTER OR WORSE.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Exactly, we're right there with you on your assessment. And OkamiPenguin sounds legit man, I should get Star in here to make you a Profile pic of that.
I was also thinking of RaccoonMonkey for some reason the other day.

OmegaXXII

@Omega: the Wii U tablet thing that Iblis and I brought up. Have you any thoughts on that? By the by I just think it would be cool to browse the internet and game simultaneously. That way I can txt Iblis while whippin his *** on SSB4 (BETTER BE NO LAG! LOL).
Yea, that feature would be the best thing from any system ever made.

Yea the mic talk idea would be nice, I'm thinking the Wii-U could utilize it's built in screen for chatting while at the same time playing Smash or any other game on-screen, it would be such a nice feature to have, it makes alot of sense since the Wii-U is after all; is the dawn of the next generation.

D

Deleted member

Oasis_S said:
Victini hasn't really set itself apart from its counterparts: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and Manaphy. Sure, when Brawl starts development it will be the star of the newest movie, but so was Manaphy and look what happened.

There's not really MUCH you can say against it. Pokemon is a ***** to predict for. Zoroark is just pretty much made for Sm4sh FOR BETTER OR WORSE.
This is false. Brawl's development started on October, 2005 and Manaphy's movie was on July 15, 2006. Lucario's movie was on July 16, 2005 and Lucario got in Brawl. When Brawl's development started, he was the latest star. Because Victini right now is the latest star, I would not be shocked if Victini got in over Zoroark.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Let's come up with a checklist of things to talk about guys!

1-player modes

Classic mode
Adventure mode
All-star mode
Training mode
Stadium modes (boss battles, break the targets board the platforms, multi-man)
Event matches
Subspace?

Multi-player modes
Free-for-all battles
Special mode
Co-op modes
Tourney mode
Rotation mode

Items
Final Smashes
Item list
Assist Trophies
Stickers, Trophies, and C.D's
Coins and what to do with them

Vault
Stage builder
Replays
Snapshots
Other extras?

Characters
Roster size
Returning veterans
Newcomers
Third-parties
Useless arguments

Advertising
Revealed characters
Trailers
Smash Bros DOJO?
Length of production

Stuff I Missed
lol
ponies
megan fox
dogs
random melee scrubs
lol
Thank you for making this checklist. Everyone should refer to this when making topics or posts in this thread.

However, you're missing one important item: Music.

Here's a brief overview of the main menu setup that I have on my mind...

Solo

Classic
All-Star
Adventure: Name TBD
-New
-Continue
Event Match
Stadium
-Target Smash
-Platform Jump
-Home-Run Contest
-Multi-Man Battle
-The Arena
Training

Note 1: The Arena is basically Boss Battles, but it also includes ambush matches against mini-bosses and basic enemies.

Note 2: Platform Jump is SSB64's Board the Platforms.

Group

Standard Battle
Special Battle
Tourney
-Free-for-All Tourney
-Team Tourney
Rotation
-Free-for-All Rotation
-Team Rotation
VS Options
Name Entry

Vault

Collection
-Trophy List
-Trophy Photoshoot
-Sticker List
-Sticker Photoshoot
-Coin Launcher
Stage Builder
Album
Replay Data
Checklist
Chronicle

Options

Screen Resolution
Screen Flicker
Rumble
Sound
Name Entry
My Music
Erase Data
-Challengers
-Stages
-Solo Records
-Group Records
-Vault Data
-All

Data

Videos
Records
-Solo Records
-Group Records
-Notices
-Misc. Data
Sound Test
This list is almost perfect. I'd make the following changes:
  • If the Arena mode involves fighting basically, I think you can throw Multi-Man Melee in there, considering that it involves fighting waves of enemies similarly to the ideas you had for Arena.
  • I'd replace the Collection mode with my Library mode detailed below (I admit that Collection is probably a better name than Library, though)
    Also, regarding trophies, stickers, and the Chronicle, how about combining them?

There would be a Library mode. Here, you can scroll through the names of Nintendo games or franchises, similar to Chronicle. However, instead of just a generic list, it shows you "shelves" and cases as in a library.

For each franchise or game - let's use Mario here - you see a set of shelves. Part of the shelves consist of trophy cases, where if press there, you can view trophies from that game or franchise. There could be some books as well - a "scrapbook" where all stickers related to that game/franchise are stored and a "novel" for the game or each game in a franchise that gives you general information and a description of the game.

By pressing the Z or whatever button on a trophy or Sticker, you can select them to load up when you start Trophy Hoard or Sticker Photoshoot mode. The two photoshoot modes here would be a click away, and any trophies or stickers you selected automatically appear. Of course, you can just select them from a list in Trophy Hoard or Sticker Photoshoot mode if you want still - the option is there.
  • And a question to all:What do people prefer Target Tests be designed like this time? Individual targets tests for each character like in Melee? Target tests for particular groups of characters (a Mario series target test, a retro character target test, etc.)? Or Brawl's five set levels at varying difficulties?

Well, Stryks argued against him because his "Legendary" status is comparable to Mew's and similar Pokemon which only became Pokeball summons, so that's an argument you can disprove.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You are just making your own unique AvatartheLastAirbender type Pokemon there aren't you?

That never crossed my mind lol. For whatever reason, I like going with animal motifs. If I had special moves, I'd name them after animals, potentially in different languages like Kuma Claw, Monkey Roll, Lobo Chop (a chop at the neck), and Rhino Elbow.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
This is false. Brawl's development started on October, 2005 and Manaphy's movie was on July 15, 2006. Lucario's movie was on July 16, 2005 and Lucario got in Brawl. When Brawl's development started, he was the latest star. Because Victini right now is the latest star, I would not be shocked if Victini got in over Zoroark.
WHOOPS.

Also, looks like Victini's movie is showing this Saturday. Victini's support will probably begin to increase. LET'S HOPE.

@Kuma: How about the Sponge Lunge... Oh that was awful.

OmegaXXII

.[*]And a question to all:What do people prefer Target Tests be designed like this time? Individual targets tests for each character like in Melee? Target tests for particular groups of characters (a Mario series target test, a retro character target test, etc.)? Or Brawl's five set levels at varying difficulties?[/LIST].
I agree with the music part as well, we definetly need an option such as Custom Music.

As for your question, I'd like Target Test mode to be like it was in Melee, it was unique to each character, plus it had a theme which represented each individual character such as the Ice Climbers for example.

Brawl Target Test IMO was a bit repetitive and boring, it wasn't even unique, it only changed with difficultness but it wasn't a significant one, so yea Melee style Break the Targets should come back.

Also break the platforms and race to the finish should be brought back for classic mode, I miss those since I've pretty much played through them since SSB64.

shadowbind

Smash Rookie
The next Smash Brothers for the Wii U should be something way different from all the other smash games. I wonder how it'll look and how the game will be played :O

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This list is almost perfect. I'd make the following changes:
  • If the Arena mode involves fighting basically, I think you can throw Multi-Man Melee in there, considering that it involves fighting waves of enemies similarly to the ideas you had for Arena.
  • I'd replace the Collection mode with my Library mode detailed below (I admit that Collection is probably a better name than Library, though)
Multi-Man Battle and The Arena do not even operate in the same way.

Multi-Man Battle would utilize 6 different modes of play, just like with its predecessors. Also, the only opponents would be the Fighting Alloys (or its successors), along with random playables; none of which appear in The Arena, since they're classified as fighters.

10-Man Battle
100-Man Battle
3-minute Battle
15-minute Battle
Endless Battle
Cruel Battle

The Arena utilizes the same mechanics as Boss Battles.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I found that funny too nLiM8d

I think they should raise the shield stun a little so speed characters can have some shield pressure games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@M&Sguy: What incentives to you propose for people to be interested in those modes?
Smash Bros. can't just be limited to Group Mode. There has to be Solo game modes as well, even if people aren't interested in them.

Besides, you need Solo game modes to expand the list of unlockables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom