• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well not exactly, see Brawl had 39 characters including transformations, and according to THIS Sakurai doesn't want to double the roster or stages, so if that indicates anything I'd say a good number would be 48/49 characters with transformations included.

Of course, he may not want it that way, and I fear Sakurai might not even add more than 40 characters? If low numbers like that were to be true, Smash 4 would be an upsetting game to alot of it's loyal fans, because of the mentality of wanting to see and have more characters.
Which is why I asked the question the other day. The question was whether you would rather have more newcomers if it meant cutting some veterans or less newcomers if it meant not cutting veterans due to limited availability of slots on the roster.

Few newcomers means SSB4 would feel more or less a rehashed version of Brawl... similarly to how we went from Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV, with only 10 new characters added. More newcomers means SSB4 would feel new... similarly to how we went from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, with lots of character cuts and lots of newcomers.

D

Deleted member

xIblisx said:
Found a perfect example of what I mean LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dupHQk5whio
What are those two songs? I remember the one during the battle that was also in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2. Also, very intense and I wish I could have battles like that.
Arcadenik said:
Which is why I asked the question the other day. The question was whether you would rather have more newcomers if it meant cutting some veterans or less newcomers if it meant not cutting veterans due to limited availability of slots on the roster.

Few newcomers means SSB4 would feel more or less a rehashed version of Brawl... similarly to how we went from Street Fighter IV to Super Street Fighter IV, with only 10 new characters added. More newcomers means SSB4 would feel new... similarly to how we went from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, with lots of character cuts and lots of newcomers.
I'd rather have just nine newcomers with all veterans staying in then lots of cuts and lots of newcomers, but that's just me.

Also, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds had an excuse not to put in as many characters as it's predecessor due to #2 having terrible balance and relying on sprites whereas #3 does neither. For SSB4, since it's on a more powerful hardware then the PS3/360 (The Wii-U version), I expect at least a mid 40s slots roster since balance for the most part was good on Brawl.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A little off-ropic, but does anyone want this avatar? I just whipped it up for fun.

Here is an alternate version where the lighting is more contrasted.

Whomever is a Genesect fan or just wants a new avatar period is welcome to take it. All I wanted to do was test out my new brushes. So, I haven't played Black or White, what can Genesect do compared to the other "hardcore" legendaries like Mewtwo, Deoxys, or Darkrai? Is he/she/it as powerful as they are? What is its' story? This bug has me intrigued...

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
No cuts and few newcomers is better because it feels like we're progressing albeit slowly.

Removing a big chunk of old to make room for new opens a can of worms. Why him? Will he ever be back? Wouldn't it have been possible to keep him? Look at how messy MvC2 was yet how much complaining not bringing back Cyclops, Cable, Gambit, Venom, Megaman etc. caused

I don't really care about losing Pichu because he was so much of an oddball even back then. But now it feels either everyone in current roster is too important Nintendo name or they have cemented their part in SSB (Jigglypuff)

Of course if you ask me would I cut Lucas to make room for K Krool that would be tough. But if I really had the choice I think the half of the roster would be different.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
No cuts and few newcomers is better because it feels like we're progressing albeit slowly.

Removing a big chunk of old to make room for new opens a can of worms. Why him? Will he ever be back? Wouldn't it have been possible to keep him? Look at how messy MvC2 was yet how much complaining not bringing back Cyclops, Cable, Gambit, Venom, Megaman etc. caused

I don't really care about losing Pichu because he was so much of an oddball even back then. But now it feels either everyone in current roster is too important Nintendo name or they have cemented their part in SSB (Jigglypuff)

Of course if you ask me would I cut Lucas to make room for K Krool that would be tough. But if I really had the choice I think the half of the roster would be different.
It's King K Rool. Not Krool. Just a friendly tip! :) Anyways, if we HAD to have cuts, I would axe Wolf, Lucario, Toon Link, and Lucas, but I'm very against any cuts at all. I'd prefer that they just get decloned besides Lucario. To be honest, to have a perfect roster, there would need to be 55 slots, but that isn't realistic so I'm hoping for 50 slots which is needed have a deserving roster with no shafts.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What are those two songs? I remember the one during the battle that was also in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2. Also, very intense and I wish I could have battles like that.
The Replay Menu Music was Station Square from Sonic Adventure. The DBZ: Budokai 2 song was from the Plains. Thanks, that's my training partner. Our matches don't usually end up like that, they are a lot closer and goes back and forth with who wins. I just saw more patterns he did that match and capitalized on them.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yes, yes I would but as a Menu music option, or online training stage. I couldn't really fight to that and I would feel the nostalgia and lose concentration of the match. I'd also probably find the nearest copy of SA and start playing it LOL. Oh yeah, thanks SSBF now I'm going to get some more DBZ music on my Battlefield. I'm going to have to get rid of Kunckles's Theme: SA2 Remix though. Hmmm I don't want to get rid of the SA version of Knuckles's Theme and I don't want to get rid of Escape from the city...I hate making hard decision on music when there are so many good songs to choose from.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Omega:
Tetris Block for Brawl all the way! :awesome: (That smilie has become too associated with Chris for me that I don't think I can ever use it again)

@Berserker:
Thanks for posting up links to all the movesets so far. That Dark Samus moveset makes mine look like trash. I also enjoyed seeing a Bowser Jr. moveset not featuring Shadow Mario as a transformation.

@StarPhoenix:
Although I have not played a Dragon Quest game, the stage sounded pretty good. I like how you included the alternate Dark World version.

Also, for a GIF suggestion, could you make one for Tetris Block please? :)

Peach Kong

Smash Rookie
A little off-ropic, but does anyone want this avatar? I just whipped it up for fun.

Here is an alternate version where the lighting is more contrasted.

Whomever is a Genesect fan or just wants a new avatar period is welcome to take it. All I wanted to do was test out my new brushes. So, I haven't played Black or White, what can Genesect do compared to the other "hardcore" legendaries like Mewtwo, Deoxys, or Darkrai? Is he/she/it as powerful as they are? What is its' story? This bug has me intrigued...
Genesect is a really old bug. But Genesect was eventually modified by Team Plasma, Black and White's version of Team Rocket, giving it a giant gun on its back.
It's one of those event legendaries, so I'd compare it to Deoxys.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Java don't let my boy Willis scare you off a smilie. Mad people have been using it before he got here LOL. Oh yeah good luck to all of you, I have to go to my "mommy's" birthday party today and I won't be back until really late. I hate to see what stupidity Willis is going to bring.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Java don't let my boy Willis scare you off a smilie. Mad people have been using it before he got here LOL. Oh yeah good luck to all of you, I have to go to my "mommy's" birthday party today and I won't be back until really late. I hate see what stupidity Willis is going to bring.
Well, go enjoy yourself there.

Anyways, on topic, how would people feel about Professor Layton as a playable character? His franchise has been growing each year and he definitely has moveset potential.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL, may smoke choke the hell out of him. I don't think any of you guys in here are stupid, bar my son Willis, I just point out things I see that are wrong. I do come across harsh, but that's just how I am. You get used to it :p

EDIT: I think Sonic Adventure had the best soundtrack. SA2 had the best running animations though (out of any sonic game), and it has my favorite character in it, Shadow. I still think SA>SA2 though. The story and gameplay variety in SA just beats SA2 to me.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Genesect has the offensive stats to be a mixed sweeper, but not the movepool. It has few physical moves that are competitively used, and more special-oriented moves such as Ice Beam and Flamethrower if I remember correctly. It's also the first official Bug-type legendary, and has its own signature move in "Techno Blast", which can change type depending on the "Drive" it holds. There are four Drives. One for Fire, one for Electric, one for Ice, and one for Water.

Its speed stat is average, sitting at 99, which would put it near Pikachu's speed approximately. It certainly would be an interesting choice for a Pokemon rep if it was chosen. It'd give him a try and possibly use him often provided I liked how he played.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...Believe in the heart of the cards :awesome: but forreal I couldn't get into even if I tried, I can only get into games competitively I enjoy, such as Smash.

HOLD THE **** UP I JUST REALIZED THAT WE DONT HAVE COMPETITIVE SONIC ADVENTURE 2, WTF I WOULD **** *****S IN THAT GAME. I REMEMBER LAST SMASH TOURNAMENT I WENT TO THERE WAS A SONIC ADVENTURE 2 BATTLE SET UP AND I WAS BEATING THE HELL OUT OF PEOPLE, EVEN THE PEOPLE I CANT BEAT IN SMASH. NONE OF YALL *****S CAN TOUCH MY SHADOW.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I wish I understood competitive Pokemon ._.
Good God, no you don't

Its as if he was speaking in tongues or something, but really, the fellas take their pokemon very seriously. Too serious for the likes of us.
I did want to learn, and spent hours looking over competitive battle logs and whatnot. I don't have the mental power to do it at all. XD I just know enough to state small facts of the like. I've honestly never been able to play a single game competitive-styled.

But anyway, slightly more on-topic: If they were introduce a new character just for laughs, who would you want in?
I personally want to see Mach Rider for some reason. I'm trying to think of how he'd fight. Perhaps he'd have a motorcycle moves like Wario for his Side-B, and have a style of fighting that resembles an officer's hand-to-hand fighting style, as he is an officer in his game if I remember correctly. His chances are slim I believe, but he'd be a good laugh for a character slot.

Of course, there's more deserving characters, but it'd be funny to have the likes of Mach Rider in the game.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I did want to learn, and spent hours looking over competitive battle logs and whatnot. I don't have the mental power to do it at all. XD I just know enough to state small facts of the like.
Wut. Battle Logs? Are those like Match-ups between various pokemon? That's crazy to try and memorize. If you actually main only one character in Brawl you have to know about (throwing out a random number because idk the actual Brawl roster number) 39 match-ups, that includes character dittos. If you have a secondary that's, 78 match-ups to remember. Now in pokemon you have 6 pokemon, and then there are infinite sky blue amounts of pokemon. How the hell do people keep up with all those MUs? How people even get the time write out how the MU plays out

Hoots

Can Be Combative
HOOTS! Have I ever told you how awesome your posts are?
Well thank you, my good man. I do try.

@Javacroc: Don't even get me started about Layton because I will totally go on for pages and pages about how awesome and deserving he is. Seriously, I will be legit upset if Layton isn't in the game. He is ridiclously popular in Japan, the US and the UK, he is the most well liked and unique characters invented in the past 10 years that has been on a Nintendo console. PLUS, he is a total badass and a true ****ing gentleman. Not to mention it wouldnt be hard to make a moveset for him. No one can mess with my boy Hershel. ****... I did just get started about Professor Layton. Oh well, I can't suppress the inner fanboy.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How the hell do people keep up with all those MUs? How people even get the time write out how the MU plays out
It's kind of funny. At this point, I'm pretty sure there is no way 6 Pokemon can counter everything out there. They can counter most things, maybe, but you just have to hope that you don't run into someone that exploits one weakness to completely destroy you. There are just so many possibilities out there... Essentially it's all just random luck. Of course I don't know much about competitive Pokemon so :V

Anyway that isn't Smash. THAT ISN'T SMASH AT ALL.

Ridley and Sukapon for Sm4sh~

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
...on that note from the post above me I could go on about Shadow but as of recently I've come to accept he won't likely make it, even if he is the 2nd most popular Sonic character. I'm also going to eventually get to that Ridley moveset.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
But anyway, slightly more on-topic: If they were introduce a new character just for laughs, who would you want in?
I personally want to see Mach Rider for some reason. I'm trying to think of how he'd fight. Perhaps he'd have a motorcycle moves like Wario for his Side-B, and have a style of fighting that resembles an officer's hand-to-hand fighting style, as he is an officer in his game if I remember correctly. His chances are slim I believe, but he'd be a good laugh for a character slot.

Of course, there's more deserving characters, but it'd be funny to have the likes of Mach Rider in the game.
Mach Rider would be a good choice for a retro character; he's got demands for his appearance, previous appearances in Smash Bros., and good moveset potential.

If I were to put a character in for laughs, though, I'd want to put Waluigi in and watch people react in disgust to his appearance. ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did notice the signature images regarding Genesect, but last I've checked, it wasn't officially revealed by Nintendo.

Basically, where did that image come from?

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Mach Rider would be a good choice for a retro character; he's got demands for his appearance, previous appearances in Smash Bros., and good moveset potential.

If I were to put a character in for laughs, though, I'd want to put Waluigi in and watch people react in disgust to his appearance. ;)
I knew about the second one and a bit pf the first, but I was rather unaware of the third. What kinds of moveset potential does he actually have besides riding a bike and hand-to-hand fighting?

I'm probably in the minority when I say I'd LOVE to play as Waluigi. He's among my favorite Mario series characters, with others like Luigi, Boo, a couple of the Koopalings, Dry Bones and Dry Bowser.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord

I would really like to see Mach Rider appear. His movesets can be based off his bike (Gun, missles, etc). He could have a side B like Wario's bike as well. Actually a home made version of smash called Smash Crusade has him playable.

http://crusade.wikia.com/wiki/Mach_Rider

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I can't take it! I stopped at: "Yeah ***** I like pokemon and WHAT?!"

I needed to breathe

Thats about as hilarious as that preacher video I saw not to long ago about pokemon dismantling the minds of our youth.
Yooooooooooo, give me the link to that video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom