• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ghirahim is an upcoming main antagonist of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Swords. He's the only newcomers that wouldn't end up sucking or be a clone.
We don't really know if he is the main antagonist or not. He might just be a supportive antagonist for someone more sinister. Obviously, Ganondorf isn't in the story, since it takes place before he was even born.

Anyway, an Assist Trophy may work, but I don't see Ghirahim as being playable at all.

Thino

Smash Master
People just don't like Brawl's mechanics. They don't like the tripping, and being able to KO stuff at less than 100% damage is almost impossible with a 1.0 damage ratio.
Tbh as a competitve melee and Brawl player.

Melee gave more to the competitive community and casuals could enjoy the game too, while being fast paced.

I love brawl, but people dislike the lack of a combo system/hitstun system, and slowness and floatiness of it.

Generally speaking.
there's still a chance that Sora adjust SOME of the technical aspects the competitive scene dislikes about Brawl , but from Brawl

I think the chances that they adjust with Melee as model are low

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
The thing is that Melee is generally regarded as the best game of SSB- a perfect storm of things that appealed to both the hardcore and the casual, the Nintendo historian and the newcomers to the big N. Brawl, while certainly still an undoubtedly awesome game, did not have quite that great of a mix.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Here are some links to some kirby hats made by HEXTUPLEYOODOT some guy from another fourm when brawl came out. Here is the picture of all of them, here are the individual close ups.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
why do people want SSB4 to be Melee's successor and not Brawl's so bad? :awesome:

Sora could make it like , a better Brawl or something
Not really, in terms of competative, Melee was far superior, but casualty wise Brawl was great, both games have their strong sides.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=049AylhY7SA
I've made 2 hypothetical SSB4 rosters, 1 for the 3DS, and 1 for the Wii U.
Also, how can I get one of these neat wishlist Bannners? If I request them, I would request Paper Mario, Toad, Geno, Ray 01, Mewtwo, Waluigi(He's in my roster as a mario spinoff representing mario sports/party/kart), and Starfy. But the 3 biggest are Paper Mario, Toad and Ray 01.
As much as I have a problem withcharacters like Waluigi, Scizor, and Skull Kid along with the removal of Marty and Ness, your picks for third party characters are exactly the same as mine so that's awesome. Plus you have K Rool so that's win.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here are some links to some kirby hats made by HEXTUPLEYOODOT some guy from another fourm when brawl came out. Here is the picture of all of them, here are the individual close ups.
Ahhh, I remember those. I was one of those guys who tried imitating his work. Although mine never turned out as well as his.

Those were SOOOOO long ago. Wow.

OmegaXXII

Here are some links to some kirby hats made by HEXTUPLEYOODOT some guy from another fourm when brawl came out. Here is the picture of all of them, here are the individual closeups.
Yes! I remember these, those were quite good looking.

Can't wait too see how the newcomers will turn out as Kirby hats.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to go with: Geno, K. Rool, Ridley, Mega Man, Sukapon, Dixie, and Tom Nook

Can't think of anyone else I'd really go for right now. Except the return of Mewtwo

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I, personally, would rather see Giovanni as the enemy pokemon trainer. With Nidoking, Persian, and Mewtwo as his pokemon

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What I like about the roster:
-Ninten
-Krystal
-Little Mac
-Team Rocket (technically it shouldn't be the TV show version, but who cares)

What I didn't like:
-Battle Network Megaman
-Mathew over Isaac. :p

OmegaXXII

I, personally, would rather see Giovanni as the enemy pokemon trainer. With Nidoking, Persian, and Mewtwo as his pokemon
Exactly what I suggested, he would definetly be the Pokemon antagonist, plus what better way to bring back Mewtwo with two others.

Armored Mewtwo FTW!!!

D

Deleted member

Hoots said:
Why do people like Waluigi so goddamn much?
I have to agree. Waluigi's chances are small at best and I highly doubt they're going to pick a spin-off character over a mainstream character like Bowser Jr. or Toad.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I do think Waluigi will be one of those "Meh... we really didn't need him" characters that will get in, everybody will moan at first and then people won't want him to leave.

I have nothing for nor against Waluigi, I really don't care about him (to be honest, any other Mario rep is the same to me. The important ones have already been covered) butI'm pretty sure he's getting in this time.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I do think Waluigi will be one of those "Meh... we really didn't need him" characters that will get in, everybody will moan at first and then people won't want him to leave.

I have nothing for nor against Waluigi, I really don't care about him (to be honest, any other Mario rep is the same to me. The important ones have already been covered) butI'm pretty sure he's getting in this time.
What form of madness would posses Sakurai to put in Waluigi. I stress... Waluigi... was invented... SO WARIO COULD PLAY DOUBLES TENNIS!!!!!!!!! How in God's name could a character with such a genesis ever merit inclusion???? I don't even like Bowser Jr. but he is WAYYYYY more deserving than Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

shinhed-echi said:

Being an Assist Trophy is the only reason why he even has a silver of a chance. When it comes to Assist Trophy, they won't just upgrade everyone with move set potentials to playable characters, just deserving ones {Isaac, Little Mac, Ray MK III, Saki Amamiya, Starfy to name a few}. Waluigi does not deserve to be playable and due to being exclusively a spin-off character, is far less important then Toad or Bowser Jr, who have mainstream appearances.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
What form of madness would posses Sakurai to put in Waluigi. I stress... Waluigi... was invented... SO WARIO COULD PLAY DOUBLES TENNIS!!!!!!!!! How in God's name could a character with such a genesis ever merit inclusion???? I don't even like Bowser Jr. but he is WAYYYYY more deserving than Waluigi.
Well, Sakurai has proven to be a bit insane in the past (and recently).

It's funny that you mention Tennis because I just now (dang I'm slow) made the connection that Waluigi uses a tennis racket to attack in Brawl, with the fact that his first appearance was as a partner for Wario in Mario Tennis. -.-

I know there are more deserving Mario characters out there, but I bet Waluigi will be one of those kid-favorites, if you know what I mean. If I HAD to settle for another Mario character... I guess Bowser Jr. or Toad could do.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Why do people like Waluigi so goddamn much?
Why do people like Megaman so goddamn much?

Seriously, maybe Waluigi is not likely to be in roster, but it's people's business who they like and who they don't like.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people like Megaman so goddamn much?

Seriously, maybe Waluigi is not likely to be in roster, but it's people's business who they like and who they don't like.
Megaman is legendary. It isn't a comparison

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Being an Assist Trophy is the only reason why he even has a silver of a chance. When it comes to Assist Trophy, they won't just upgrade everyone with move set potentials to playable characters, just deserving ones {Isaac, Little Mac, Ray MK III, Saki Amamiya, Starfy to name a few}. Waluigi does not deserve to be playable and due to being exclusively a spin-off character, is far less important then Toad or Bowser Jr, who have mainstream appearances.
I agree with almost everything, except that Waluigi is unworthy. Even being a spin-off it loads a legion of fans.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Well, Sakurai has proven to be a bit insane in the past (and recently).

It's funny that you mention Tennis because I just now (dang I'm slow) made the connection that Waluigi uses a tennis racket to attack in Brawl, with the fact that his first appearance was as a partner for Wario in Mario Tennis. -.-

I know there are more deserving Mario characters out there, but I bet Waluigi will be one of those kid-favorites, if you know what I mean. If I HAD to settle for another Mario character... I guess Bowser Jr. or Toad could do.
100% correct!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm not so sure Sakurai will shut off his doors to spinoff franchises. I mean.. we got a Mario Kart stage, didn't we?
Some of Peach's moves are sports titles moves.

And maybe I'm wrong but... isn't Warioware a spinoff series? I'm not supporting Waluigi, I'm just pointing out that his inclusion really isn't too farfetched.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Waluigi isn't worthy because HE HASN'T BEEN IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MARIO SPINOFF SIDE-SERIES. Nothing, he hasn't even gotten a cameo in any Wario games.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure Sakurai will shut off his doors to spinoff franchises. I mean.. we got a Mario Kart stage, didn't we?
Some of Peach's moves are sports titles moves.

And maybe I'm wrong but... isn't Warioware a spinoff series? I'm not supporting Waluigi, I'm just pointing out that his inclusion really isn't too farfetched.
No doubt! We have a champion in arguments!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Waluigi isn't worthy because HE HASN'T BEEN IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE MARIO SPINOFF SIDE-SERIES. Nothing, he hasn't even gotten a cameo in any Wario games.
Actually....

Ugh.. Ok, enough about Waluigi from me. Time to talk about something else I REALLY care about.

Alice from Balloon Kid?

with an optional Alternate costume.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I agree with almost everything, except that Waluigi is unworthy. Even being a spin-off it loads a legion of fans.
Im not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I'll take a stab and assume you mean that Waluigi has legions of fans? Not true just because a few people with unrealistic expectations slap him in their roster, it doesn't mean he has legions of fans. Geno has legions of fans. Anyone who owned a SNES will say "Oh man! Geno! I love that guy! He was so cool!" Most people who think of Waluigi will be like... "Oh... Waluigi? That guy from Mario Party whose name is just Luigi with a wa slapped on? God he's annoying."

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
Im not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I'll take a stab and assume you mean that Waluigi has legions of fans? Not true just because a few people with unrealistic expectations slap him in their roster, it doesn't mean he has legions of fans. Geno has legions of fans. Anyone who owned a SNES will say "Oh man! Geno! I love that guy! He was so cool!" Most people who think of Waluigi will be like... "Oh... Waluigi? That guy from Mario Party whose name is just Luigi with a wa slapped on? God he's annoying."
Many think that, being almost nothing but an analogous malignant Luigi in the same way that Wario is to Mario, his name is an unfortunate attempt to fit the concept of "W" in front of the mirror name, originally used with Wario . However, what few know is that the name "Waluigi" in Japanese refers to a complex etymology, with a wave of meanings that can refer to the personality hidden skinny. In Japanese, the letters "R" and "L" produce the same sound, allowing Luigi can be pronounced in Japanese as "Ruiji" and Waluigi can be pronounced as "Waruiji." "Waruiji", in turn, is a portmanteau word originates from the junction of "warui," which in Japanese means "evil" or "evil", and "Ruiji," making his name in a literal translation of "evil Luigi."

And there's more: as published in Volume # 135 of Nintendo Power magazine, warui can also be used to describe a condescending apology instead of a polite apology, it reflects the arrogance of Waluigi. If nothing else, "Waruiji" is also considered an anagram of the Japanese word "ijiwaru", which translates to "someone who is evil" or "someone in bad faith."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually....

Ugh.. Ok, enough about Waluigi from me. Time to talk about something else I REALLY care about.
A cameo? That is not a big deal. Waluigi being a new WarioWare employee would be a big deal. Waluigi being playable in a new Wario Land game would be a big deal. Waluigi being playable in a New Super Mario Bros. game would be a big deal. Oh, wait... they decided to go with Toad and Mii instead of Waluigi. Must be because even Nintendo knows that Waluigi's only purpose is to be Wario's partner and Luigi's rival in those sports spin-off games, which is why Waluigi was created in the first place. All Waluigi does is prop Wario and Luigi.

OmegaXXII

@Sonic Poke: I got to say I give you props when it comes to defending Waluigi.

But still, you have to look at it realistically, just lime everybody mentioned, he's a spin character before anything, he simply isn't significant enough to fit the Smash roster, but that's not to say he doesn't stand a chance, the fact is he has a slim chance, and by slim I mean like the way he is, buy ai doubt Sakurai would even bother, someone like Wart IMO would be much better than a silly spin-off character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd want Waluigi if and only if it's this Waluigi:

[COLLAPSE="Big Pic"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom