• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^ mmmmmaybe Metal Sonic or Amyif they had to rep CD too, but other than that, no Shadow, no Blaze the Cat, no Silver, no Rouge the bat, etc.

D

Deleted member

I really don't see any of them beyond Sonic, and even then, he's probably the fifth most likely character to be removed (after Lucario, Wolf, Ike, and Snake).

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Agreed, so many people suggest all the other newer ones. But the original Sonic games were definitely better.
I tended to have a good time with Sonic Adventure 2, and the Sonic Advance games on the Gameboy Advance. Sonic Battle on the GBA was pretty cool too.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I tended to have a good time with Sonic Adventure 2, and the Sonic Advance games on the Gameboy Advance. Sonic Battle on the GBA was pretty cool too.
I definitely liked the Sonic games for the Sega Genesis (I think??) I liked Sonic Adventure battle or whatever as well. But the original side scrollers were sweet. I heard Sonic Colours was good though.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I definitely liked the Sonic games for the Sega Genesis (I think??) I liked Sonic Adventure battle or whatever as well. But the original side scrollers were sweet. I heard Sonic Colours was good though.
Yeah, I heard that too. The thing is, they game play for the originals and the newer 3D ones are complete different styles. I dunno, it appeals to some and not to others. I'm pretty equal with them, I like them both. I can play them with equal enjoyment. This however, did NOT work with the Megaman X series. Those games were meant to be side scrollers, not this 3D nonsense >_>.

MarioFan81

Smash Rookie
Like bring everyone back, Brawl and the 5 from Melee, more characters and 3rd Party. Also bring back all stages(Yes including SSB and Melee), all songs(Add more), Better Trophies and Stage Builder. Camera Mode and Replays both be in this new game.If connected to Wi-Fi, has a button to send to an Address. Young Link gets a new look to look like his Updated Ocarina of Time 3D look. More stuff like Stock or HP added to Online Play. All add more to my opinion later...

TBone06

Smash Ace
Maybe I'm just that og but I disliked Colours.

It was miles above most others tho
Yeah I heard it was way better than the ones before it (from after Sega Genesis to before Colours) But that's certainly telling, I still don't see Sonic getting another rep though, but that is just my personal opinion.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah I heard it was way better than the ones before it (from after Sega Genesis to before Colours) But that's certainly telling, I still don't see Sonic getting another rep though, but that is just my personal opinion.

YeH Sonic and MGS arent getting anymore reps and I doubt anyone seriously considers more likely

Watch as Sakurai replaces Solid Snake with MGS 3 era Big Boss

D

Deleted member

For Sonic rep, Sonic should be on his own and we don't need a second Sonic rep. There are more deserving series that should get in.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Something intriguing that I'm curious about is whether they are going to make another big addition like they did with the Final Smash or the Assist Trophies. I felt those two things were two big game changers that made the game very interesting (although gave the player a huge advantage) I'm interested to see what they do. I personally can't think of anything but I wonder what others think about it.

D

Deleted member

Something intriguing that I'm curious about is whether they are going to make another big addition like they did with the Final Smash or the Assist Trophies. I felt those two things were two big game changers that made the game very interesting (although gave the player a huge advantage) I'm interested to see what they do. I personally can't think of anything but I wonder what others think about it.
augustoflores did suggest if you fully charge your Smash that it turns into a move. That was early back in the thread, thought, so you might want to check her in search to find it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
YeH Sonic and MGS arent getting anymore reps and I doubt anyone seriously considers more likely

Watch as Sakurai replaces Solid Snake with MGS 3 era Big Boss
Ugh! I rather see Sakurai replace Solid Snake with Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series.

TBone06

Smash Ace
augustoflores did suggest if you fully charge your Smash that it turns into a move. That was early back in the thread, thought, so you might want to check her in search to find it.
Yeah it's tough because there is only so much they can do. Like Melee added a fourth special, Brawl brought the ATs and final smashes. It'll be interested to see if they can make another big change. I'll take a look for that.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yea Sonic Colors is probably the best came he's had in nearly 10 years, last one being SA2, of course I'm looking forward to the upcoming Sonic Genarations game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF3mlIZZYCw

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Geno was in only one Mario game that was developed by Square Enix. This does not make Geno the best representative of the whole Square Enix company nor the whole Mario franchise.
No one is arguing this.

Geno is not the mascot of Square Enix. Geno is not in any Final Fantasy games. Geno is not in any Dragon Quest games. Geno is not in any Kingdom Hearts games. Geno is not in any Chrono games. Geno is not in any Mana games. Geno is not in any Star Ocean games. Geno does not even have his own game series.
No one is arguing this.

Geno is not a recurring Mario character. Geno is not in any Super Mario games. Geno is not in any Paper Mario games. Geno is not in any Mario Kart games. Geno is not in any Mario Tennis games. Geno is not in any Mario Golf games. Geno is not in any Mario Party games. Geno is not in any Mario Baseball games. Geno is not in any Mario Strikers games. Geno is not even important in the first Mario & Luigi game, let alone the whole series.
And once more, trying to argue this is stupid.

Geno is not a mascot at all. He is a footnote. Only the Geno fanboys think he's the most important character in all of Square Enix history and all of Mario history. Square Enix and Nintendo obviously don't think Geno is that important to play basketball with Mario and Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops 3-on-3. If both Square Enix and Nintendo don't think Geno is important enough to be playable in a Mario spin-off game with Mario and Final Fantasy characters, he's obviously not important enough to be playable in a Smash game.
Lastly, no one thinks that Geno is the most important character ever. You forget that no one here is a die hard Geno fan. Heck, I'm probably the closest thing to that and you don't see me acting stupid.

Geno IS:
A character that is made by Nintendo and Square enix, he is a symbol of teamwork and the peak of Nintendo and Square Enix's relationship. Geno also has an obviously massive cult following, so long as he is being requested (which will be a long time IMO) he will always make it onto Sakurai's polls, and he will always be an option. He was one of the most mentioned characters on Sakurai's blog. He hasn't faded away in that sense. His fanbase makes NiGHTS look like Magical Vacations fanbase in comparison. He had more votes in the Melee polls than wolf, Megaman, Sonic, Ice Climbers, and even Balloon Fighter. His fanbase is most likely larger, and will continue to grow. His game was rereleased so hopefully that points to him not being in Video Game Limbo. Currency and Popularity isn't a massive issue because heck, we have Marth, who's last debut game was like eight years before Melee, and we have R.O.B who, last time I checked had a very small fanbase. Even Waluigi, Krystal and Tingle made it into the game somehow.

He's feasable, popular, and a video game character, and when it comes down to it, that is really matters. I'm not expecting him, but I won't stop rooting for him.

The bold is how every Geno fan should feel. Oh, and he isn't considered a third party by Sakurai.

Ugh! I rather see Sakurai replace Solid Snake with Bomberman from the Bomberman series.
fixed :)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
If Sonic gets back, I hope he is chooseable from THE START in the new Adventure Mode (or at least, once he's unlocked in VS modes or other single player modes).

No 3rd party company deserves another rep. Though I would love to see Simon Belmont, I could do with just Snake, Sonic, and Megaman.

There are just too many Nintendo characters being left out to fill the whole place with outsiders. :p This might be just me, though.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
For Sonic rep, Sonic should be on his own and we don't need a second Sonic rep. There are more deserving series that should get in.
Agreed, not to say that another rep isn't likely, but IMO another Sonic just isn't deserving enough.

Other choices include:

Slime
Megaman
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Ryu H.

And maybe even Simon Belmont like Arcadenik mentioned, but certaintly not a second Sonic rep, this isn't the olympic games, this is smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At least Marth, R.O.B., Waluigi, Krystal, Tingle, etc. are 100% Nintendo, not 50% Nintendo and 50% third-party. And Geno would not be a good rep for the Mario series nor the Square Enix company. He doesn't even have his own series like Sonic and Snake does.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Maybe I'm just that og but I disliked Colours.

It was miles above most others tho
I don't care what people say about the 4Kids voice actors right now, because at the moment, Sonic's new voice actor is much worse than what Jason Griffith has done. It's too bad that Sonic can't be like Mario, when it comes to voice acting; Charles Martinet has played Mario's voice since 1996, last I've checked.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
No one is arguing this.

No one is arguing this.

And once more, trying to argue this is stupid.

Lastly, no one thinks that Geno is the most important character ever. You forget that no one here is a die hard Geno fan. Heck, I'm probably the closest thing to that and you don't see me acting stupid.

Geno IS:
A character that is made by Nintendo and Square enix, he is a symbol of teamwork and the peak of Nintendo and Square Enix's relationship. Geno also has an obviously massive cult following, so long as he is being requested (which will be a long time IMO) he will always make it onto Sakurai's polls, and he will always be an option. He was one of the most mentioned characters on Sakurai's blog. He hasn't faded away in that sense. His fanbase makes NiGHTS look like Magical Vacations fanbase in comparison. He had more votes in the Melee polls than wolf, Megaman, Sonic, Ice Climbers, and even Balloon Fighter. His fanbase is most likely larger, and will continue to grow. His game was rereleased so hopefully that points to him not being in Video Game Limbo. Currency and Popularity isn't a massive issue because heck, we have Marth, who's last debut game was like eight years before Melee, and we have R.O.B who, last time I checked had a very small fanbase. Even Waluigi, Krystal and Tingle made it into the game somehow.

He's feasable, popular, and a video game character, and when it comes down to it, that is really matters. I'm not expecting him, but I won't stop rooting for him.

The bold is how every Geno fan should feel. Oh, and he isn't considered a third party by Sakurai.

fixed :)
I love you right now.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Agreed, not to say that another rep isn't likely, but IMO another Sonic just isn't deserving enough.

Other choices include:

Slime
Megaman
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Ryu H.

And maybe even Simon Belmont like Arcadenik mentioned, but certaintly not a second Sonic rep, this isn't the olympic games, this is smash.
Ryu(street fighter) now that would be awsome! I think the donkey kong as well as star fox series could add in one more character each.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
At least Marth, R.O.B., Waluigi, Krystal, Tingle, etc. are 100% Nintendo, not 50% Nintendo and 50% third-party. And Geno would not be a good rep for the Mario series nor the Square Enix company. He doesn't even have his own series like Sonic and Snake does.
At this point, we have everyone who is important, the character who is added to the Mario series will get there via: Minor Importance, but more so Popularity. Characters don't go anywhere without it. Remember Wart? Yeah me neither.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ugh! I rather see Sakurai replace Solid Snake with Simon Belmont from the Castlevania series.
Personally, I'd like to see Solid Snake hit the hay, and let another company take Konami's place. I did state Square Enix, but whenever that company gets mentioned, Geno riots are sure to come by.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if they sound dumb.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
You sir, just got Gannon-Banned; a term that people use when you misspell Ganondorf's name.

Anyway, there isn't too much you can do to make Toon Link even less semi-clone-ish. I guess you could swap the Hookshot for the Grappling Hook, but Link has the Clawshot now, which operates differently from the Hookshot.
Oh well it happens, people still live. lol
Then there's no real point to have him if he can't be uncloned :/

That would be as hard as trying to implement Deoxys's four forms into one moveset.
Why? It'd just be like PT. Use vB to change form. It'd just be one more person than PT. And Young Link's already a clone of Link anyway, so they'd just be making three other movesets.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
While I'm not expecting her to become little Mac in a dress, i was more or less just hoping the Oot influences might be dropped, or at least mixed with something else. I love OoT and MM, they're two of my favorite games from a great Loz era. With that being said, I would like Zelda to have a chance at hightening herself on the tier list. A tweak on her moveset could make her more feasable in that sense. I guess a comboing system wouldn't hurt either. :awesome:
To make Zelda better, you wouldn't necessarily have to add any new moves. Look at Zelda in Project M. The biggest change for her is that she can zone with Din's Fire. With the right execution, you could place up to three Din's Fire waiting to explode leaving your opponent stuck.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh well it happens, people still live. lol
Then there's no real point to have him if he can't be uncloned :/
I did mention transferring Ganondorf's old moveset to Black Shadow, but there is some uncertainty with him, due to the lack of F-Zero titles lately.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I did mention transferring Ganondorf's old moveset to Black Shadow, but there is some uncertainty with him, due to the lack of F-Zero titles lately.
Oh I was talking about Toon Link.
But I agree with that, espically cause Ganondorf is nowhere near to being close to his real potential moveset, and if they did Black shadow they could hardcore declone him with G's old moveset

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
To make Zelda better, you wouldn't necessarily have to add any new moves. Look at Zelda in Project M. The biggest change for her is that she can zone with Din's Fire. With the right execution, you could place up to three Din's Fire waiting to explode leaving your opponent stuck.
You can PLACE din's fire in project M? That's a really awesome idea. That makes her a lot better. I would still like to see a few moves updated at least, just for the sake of her not getting stale.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, even if they sound dumb.
I don't think I sound dumb. Just because I don't conform the the opinions of everyone around me, doesn't make me dumb. I stated Geno's case the best way I've seen it done.

Why?

TBone06

Smash Ace
I've always been a huge fan in F Zero, but I've never thought Black Shadow was all that significant for the series. Like I get he's the villain of the series, I just don't see the hype. Not to say I don't welcome him, I just don't know where it all came about. But yes with the lack of F Zero titles does make it tricky.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was talking about the ideas that people may implement. I wasn't referring to the people, in general.
By that logic, every fan of every character ever sounds dumb, because someone may "implement" a stupid idea about any character.

Dropping this here btw.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Maybe changing some of her normals then? Of course, she and the others don't necessarily need new stuff, they just need to be solid.

Here's the info on Zelda in Project M.
http://projectm.dantarion.com/characters.php?character=zelda
Project M is always interesting. I agree that no one needs new things, but I like how characters get a slight change up. Kirby and Mario for example. They've had their specials change a lot in the series. I wouldn't mind the hammer being replaced with something else, even if it functioned similar to the hammer. Dedede is Mr. Hammer, and I would rather see Kirby use something like rapid sword swing or something. I'm not a big fan of FLUDD either, I wouldn't mind seeing another move take it's place. I just think tweaking characters slightly throughout the series is a good way to keep the series from being repetitive,

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Project M is always interesting. I agree that no one needs new things, but I like how characters get a slight change up. Kirby and Mario for example. They've had their specials change a lot in the series. I wouldn't mind the hammer being replaced with something else, even if it functioned similar to the hammer. Dedede is Mr. Hammer, and I would rather see Kirby use something like rapid sword swing or something. I'm not a big fan of FLUDD either, I wouldn't mind seeing another move take it's place. I just think tweaking characters slightly throughout the series is a good way to keep the series from being repetitive,
IMO, you shouldn't need to change moves in and out to keep a game from being repetitive. Refining the series should be what keeps the series fresh.

Also, as you should know, a move shouldn't be in just for the sake of being a shout out, but it should be in to either compliment a character's playstyle or to save the character from a single glaring weakness that could make them suck.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I've always been a huge fan in F Zero, but I've never thought Black Shadow was all that significant for the series. Like I get he's the villain of the series, I just don't see the hype. Not to say I don't welcome him, I just don't know where it all came about. But yes with the lack of F Zero titles does make it tricky.
While I may not have really played an F-Zero game to its full extent (I've only played the Wii's N64 version so I'm not up-to-date with the franchise's games) I have liked the characters from the series.

Out of the blue I decided to look up the pilots from the game. And, in my opinion, there's a few I'd want to see, even if their relevance or popularity is low at all. here's only a few I'd want to see.
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Black Shadow
  • Pico
  • Jody Summer
  • Phoenix
  • Spade
As I've said, some may be unlikely by any standards, and I wouldn't even know what they'd do with the movesets seeing as they all just kinda drive racers on a track. Some do have facts behind them, such as Samurai Goroh, Pico, and Spade.

Goroh's an ex-Internova Police Force member and wields a katana. Pico is a former assassin for the Poripoto Army, and apparently a fairly good one as he took on a multitude of dangerous missions. Spade, on the other hand, is a circus performer and a highly-skilled magician of sorts.

While I know that we'll probably not have another F-Zero character show up in the next Smash, I'd like them to add at LEAST one, as to not leave Falcon on his own to represent his series.

While I'm at it, I'm hoping they make a new F-Zero. I enjoyed the one for the N64, even though I was absolutely terrible at it. The first racing game I heavily enjoyed for my N64 was Star Wars: Racer, due to its "high-end" look, when compared to my other favorite racer of the time for the N64, Diddy Kong Racing. May have also helped I LOVE Star Wars, but hated the prequels save for a few select parts.

if they make a new F-Zero game, I'll be curious as to how it'll turn out. I mean, without a game for I don't know how many years, you'd think Falcon would get another chance on the Wii U, or even the 3DS.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
IMO, you shouldn't need to change moves in and out to keep a game from being repetitive. Refining the series should be what keeps the series fresh.

Also, as you should know, a move shouldn't be in just for the sake of being a shout out, but it should be in to either compliment a character's playstyle or to save the character from a single glaring weakness that could make them suck.
I knowww, I just don't particularly see the use of FLUDD.(Then again I haven't avidly mained Brawl Mario for a longggg time) I do see the use of Kirby's Hammer though. I guess I'm more oriented towards taking the offense and I've never tried to use the move in a serious match. Which of course is never a good idea.

Can someone tell me what "Juggling" is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom