• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Yeah, Samurai Warriors is the reason why people suggest Takamaru fo' be in Smash 4 in the first place, it seemed strange that alot of folks here would request a Japan-exclusive character??

:phone:
If Takamaru appears in Smash 4, I'd like for his Dashing Normal attack to be some sort of attack like we see in games such as Sengoku Basara (lots of slashes). And what's wrong with asking for a Japan-exclusive?

Well he is not in the top of their lists and TBH there alot of Fire Emblem characters that deserve Roy's presumable spot e.g,Lyn from FE 7 she can be perfect where she will be the fast FE character and Marth will be in the middle while Ike or chrome will become the powerhouse and it will be just perfect.
Are you kidding? Lyn is not exactly liked in Japan, neither in the U.S. Hector is way more popular in both sides regarding FE7's Lords. And besides, Marth is already fast enough to be considered a balanced character. Roy on the other hand in Melee, he feels like he can be the balanced one in the Fire Emblem trio (if there is any).

At this rate, I'd rather see only Marth and Chromie as the Fire Emblem reps.

Thino

Smash Master
Voice chat is possible on the Wii U.
Voice chat omg o:
lets hope its not like CoD I:
Yup, it will be possble to do so according to the e3 trailer, I hope it gets implemented in Smash as Sakurai really wanted voice chat for Brawl but couldn't due to the Wii's inferior infrastructure.

nah its just that they made Brawl's online *** , Wiispeak on Animal Crossing and CoD are mad fun with friend

keyword : with friends.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If Takamaru appears in Smash 4, I'd like for his Dashing Normal attack to be some sort of attack like we see in games such as Sengoku Basara (lots of slashes). And what's wrong with asking for a Japan-exclusive?
Wow Roy-Kun not wanting Roy completely? :O

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with any character being Japanese exclusive, I was only questioning if Takamaru was solely exclusive to Japan or not, not his actual chances based on it.

As for his playstyle, yeah he'll most likely use his Katana and kind of agile I think, I don't know if both Takamaru would be similar to Samurai Goroh. (if he gets in)

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Wow Roy-Kun not wanting Roy completely? :O

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with any character being Japanese exclusive, I was only questioning if Takamaru was solely exclusive to Japan or not, not his actual chances based on it.

As for his playstyle, yeah he'll most likely use his Katana and kind of agile I think, I don't know if both Takamaru would be similar to Samurai Goroh. (if he gets in)

Don't get me wrong, I like Roy. He's still my favorite Fire Emblem character. But well, how things are turning out...
I just wrote it without thinking.

I want Lip from Panel de Pon too, that counts? She would be really interesting.

I... have a feeling that Takamaru would be a much better "Samurai" than Goroh. Hah, get it?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Takamaru could also have his shuriken attacks from his own game. He has a nice variety of projectile attacks. 3-way, 4-directional shuriken, flaming shuriken, etc.

He MUST have his invisibility move. It could work like the cloaking device from Melee (minus the invincibility glitch), which wears off the moment you attack. (You can still somehow see him if you pay close attention).

D

Deleted member

I concur with Roy-Kun in that Takamaru would be better then Samurai Goroh.

OmegaXXII

Don't get me wrong, I like Roy. He's still my favorite Fire Emblem character. But well, how things are turning out...
I just wrote it without thinking.

I want Lip from Panel de Pon too, that counts? She would be really interesting.

I... have a feeling that Takamaru would be a much better "Samurai" than Goroh. Hah, get it?
Oh!! I totally agree with you, Lip would make an intesresting character indeed, using blocks and such, even some added themes would be nice, so..Takamaru seems better than Goroh? Hmm..I wonder how Goroh would play then. XD

As for Roy, there is hope since the Japanese seem to value him and support him alot, so much that he is the most demanded character to be in Smash aside from Mewtwo, according to ChronoBound.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
New Pkmn trainer that's actually good -_-'
Whaddya mean by 'good'? He was a cool insertion, and most of people would prefer the 1st Generation rather than the others.

Oh!! I totally agree with you, Lip would make an intesresting character indeed, using blocks and such, even some added themes would be nice, so..Takamaru seems better than Goroh? Hmm..I wonder how Goroh would play then. XD

As for Roy, there is hope since the Japanese seem to value him and support him alot, so much that he is the most demanded character to be in Smash aside from Mewtwo, according to ChronoBound.

My reason is that because Takamaru really gives off that "Samurai" impression. And... C. Falcon is good enough to be the only F-Zero rep. That, and the F-Zero series hasn't been very active by now.

Roy is popular in Japan, and many people went on an outrage when it was known that he was planned for Brawl, but then scrapped, like Mewtwo. Yeah, he has his chances, but you never know when it comes to Smash. I hope Sakurai decides to listen to the fans this time, not like Sonic's case in Brawl.

OmegaXXII

New Pkmn trainer that's actually good -_-'
Well, to be frank, I wouldn't mind if Pokemon Trainer got replaced by either N or Giovanni seeing as they are antagonist, of course I also would mind a female trainer like Cynthia, perhaps she could have 2nd or 3rd gen starters like Pokemon Trainer did, it would be nice to see..

Chikorita
Typhlosion
Croconaw

or

Treeko
Blazakin
Swampert

just some starter ideas.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Are you kidding? Lyn is not exactly liked in Japan, neither in the U.S. Hector is way more popular in both sides regarding FE7's Lords. And besides, Marth is already fast enough to be considered a balanced character. Roy on the other hand in Melee, he feels like he can be the balanced one in the Fire Emblem trio (if there is any).

At this rate, I'd rather see only Marth and Chromie as the Fire Emblem reps.
I didn't see Hector as an assist trophy in brawl and she is better for SSB anyways ,don't want more girls ? and you can't find a better girl she is even a sword master/Lord type of character which might give her a spot since Sakurai most loved character is Nabarl.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I didn't see Hector as an assist trophy in brawl and she is better for SSB anyways ,don't want more girls ? and you can't find a better girl she is even a sword master/Lord type of character which might give her a spot since Sakurai most loved character is Nabarl.
I see Hector way more fitting than Lyn in a Smash game. He has the muscle, and an axe. Hurray for variations!

If that's the case, bring in Micaiah. Another spell-user aside of Zelda would actually be cool, hmm?

And Fire Emblem shouldn't just be limited to Sword-Users IMO

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Pokemon Trainer (Red) replaced?

BLASPHEMY!

He's the only Nintendo character inclusion I really liked in Brawl, alongside Pit. The rest were most uninteresting to me.

OmegaXXII

If any 3rd gen character gets in, it should be Deoxys, IMO. Blaziken, Swampert or Sceptile would be cool, though.

Haha, what is it with Deoxys lol..? :laugh:

I still do want to see Pokemon Trainer from 1st, I'm just expecting a possible successor, however I would not mind a second trainer though it seems pretty unlikely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
TBH I fail to see how Olimar was uninteresting. He was probably one of (if not THE) most unique characters in Smash.

Anyway, any new developments happen last night?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Haha, what is it with Deoxys lol..? :laugh:

I still do want to see Pokemon Trainer from 1st, I'm just expecting a possible successor, however I would not mind a second trainer though it seems pretty unlikely.

Red will probably stay as he is the most popular, same for his Pokemon. We could get an all-encompassing middling gen Pokemon Trainer, though (2nd-4th gens) in addition to Red...

As for Deoxys... he has 4 forms, dude, that's epic! He looks cool, too, reminds me of something off of a sci-fi horror movie lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
TBH I fail to see how Olimar was uninteresting. He was probably one of (if not THE) most unique characters in Smash.

Anyway, any new developments happen last night?
I'll be honest, I'm just starting to find him interesting lately. And I didn't oppose his inclusion, I just didn't care about him, but I'm glad he got in anyway.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I see Hector way more fitting than Lyn in a Smash game. He has the muscle, and an axe. Hurray for variations!

If that's the case, bring in Micaiah. Another spell-user aside of Zelda would actually be cool, hmm?

And Fire Emblem shouldn't just be limited to Sword-Users IMO
Well I don't believe the weaponary is the case here mate, quit thinking in a Fire Emblem mentality it's just how fitting the character is ,Lyndis here have the upper hand even over Roy for being assist trophy and she's actually just like Roy she wasn't lucky against Ike maybe she was planned but was cut after for time constrains which made them make Marth from the balanced guy to the fast guy and that why are we seeing Marth is quite broken in gameplay department.They actually could've planned some DLC for smash but was canceled and Roy might have been planned as a costume for Marth with slight move change and voice set and the same goes for Mewtwo/Lucario and Dr.Mario/Mario...but now with Chrome in the field Ike chances are dropping, but you know I won't feel bad about it if Chrome played in a similar matter.

Note : BTW Marth maximum stats at level 30 =Promoted units are

Might (power) = 25 Speed =25

while Ike in Path of Radiance where he was brought from in Brawl had :

Might (power) = 26 Speed = 28

Look how Ike is crazily fast and he is actually stronger and faster than Marth

and Roy stats are a mockery to say the least but in these departments he is like Marth...

Lyn stats :

Might (power) = 24 Speed = 30

now my friend if you want Fire Emblem gamer mentality there you go which makes nonsense where Ike should be faster not just stronger than Marth....

Edit: missing punctuation.

OmegaXXII

Pokemon Trainer (Red) replaced?

BLASPHEMY!

He's the only Nintendo character inclusion I really liked in Brawl, alongside Pit. The rest were most uninteresting to me.
Yeah, I liked him as a character however the stamina that was placed on the Pokemon is what made me not main him, I liked him though since Squirtle and Charizard are cool and iconic to the series as well.

OmegaXXII

Red will probably stay as he is the most popular, same for his Pokemon. We could get an all-encompassing middling gen Pokemon Trainer, though (2nd-4th gens) in addition to Red...

As for Deoxys... he has 4 forms, dude, that's epic! He looks cool, too, reminds me of something off of a sci-fi horror movie lol.

I hope a second trainer would happen, I'm just not sure if (Red) is guaranteed to make a comeback, either way I honestly don't care who it turns out to be.

As for Deoxys, 4 forms you say?? Well then, he better prepare himself in some serious bouts with Mewtwo then. :laugh:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Looks like you can add another Dragon Quest title to Nintendo's repertoire. Dragon Quest Monsters, the original title fit the GBC, is being remade for the 3DS. I know a couple guys liked the game. Here is the link.

gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=161664&sid=186f95e258c5c50bc0f0eacbcd03db79

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hope a second trainer would happen, I'm just not sure if (Red) is guaranteed to make a comeback, either way I honestly don't care who it turns out to be.

As for Deoxys, 4 forms you say?? Well then, he better prepare himself in some serious bouts with Mewtwo then. :laugh:

It'd be a shame to flush all the effort put into Pokemon Trainer (3 in 1) down the drain, especially if they're basing SSB4 on Brawl. :(

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well I don't believe the weaponary is the case here mate, quit thinking in a Fire Emblem mentality it's just how fitting the character is ,Lyndis here have the upper hand even over Roy for being assist trophy and she's actually just like Roy she wasn't lucky against Ike maybe she was planned but was cut after for time constrains which made them make Marth from the balanced guy to the fast guy and that why are we seeing Marth is quite broken in gameplay department.They actually could've planned some DLC for smash but was canceled and Roy might have been planned as a costume for Marth with slight move change and voice set and the same goes for Mewtwo/Lucario and Dr.Mario/Mario...but now with Chrome in the field Ike chances are dropping, but you know I won't feel bad about it if Chrome played in a similar matter.

Note : BTW Marth maximum stats at level 30 =Promoted units are

Str = 25 Speed =25

while Ike in Path of Radiance where he was brought from in Brawl had :

Str = 26 Speed = 28

Look how Ike is crazily fast and he is actually stronger and faster than Marth

and Roy stats are a mockery to say the least....

Lyn stats :

Ste = 24 Speed = 30

now my friend if you want Fire Emblem gamer mentality there you go which makes nonesense where Ike should faster and stronger than Marth....

Edit: missing punctuation.
So... what's the point of this? Fire Emblem logic in Smash? Comparing an apple with an orange?

I still raise my point: Lyn is not really liked in Japan, since she didn't really bring anything interesting to her storyline aside for a tutorial for the worlwide users. Hector is still far more deserving than Lyn, and is an axe-user, and Micaiah would be more unique than another sword-user: a spell-user, another one rather than Zelda. Smash is also known for bringing unique characters.

And 'Roy/Mewtwo could have been an alternate costume'? Both of them were planned as fighters.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Personally, I wanted Charizard to be playable on his own. :urg:

Ah, well, anything to have him playable, at least.

I've always wanted to see Mewtwo and Deoxys fight lol especially against his Attack and Speed Formes.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I guess Roy is quite popular which is good, I'd take him over Chrome anyday. At least until we find out more about Chrome however, but I still see his chances equal to how Micaiah's were in Brawl.

Also I'm putting this links in the Backroom Info Thread.

Don't worry Chrono I"ll be sure to give you credit.

OmegaXXII

Looks like you can add another Dragon Quest title to Nintendo's repertoire. Dragon Quest Monsters, the original title fit the GBC, is being remade for the 3DS. I know a couple guys liked the game. Here is the link.

gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=161664&sid=186f95e258c5c50bc0f0eacbcd03db79
Whoa!! Is this for real??!!! Do you know if it's good!!!??

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
So... what's the point of this? Fire Emblem logic in Smash? Comparing an apple with an orange?

I still raise my point: Lyn is not really liked in Japan, since she didn't really bring anything interesting to her storyline aside for a tutorial for the worlwide users. Hector is still far more deserving than Lyn, and is an axe-user, and Micaiah would be more unique than another sword-user: a spell-user, another one rather than Zelda. Smash is also known for bringing unique characters.

Well Weaponry thinking = Fire Emblem Logic if what ever you said is taken seriously than Ike would be the faster guy and what I'm seeing is a freaking slow guy.

And 'Roy/Mewtwo could have been an alternate costume'? Both of them were planned as fighters.

Give me a reliable source because I believe it was an estimation by someone I don't remember his name but he thought of it for being in files and all of the characters = eligible clones which could've meant DLC files to be completed later on....
^^^^^^^^^ there is your answer..

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I still don't understand why a lot of people say Mewtwo and Lucario share the same moves.

Other than "B" are there more than.. say 5 moves they share? Because I have a tough time trying to think of at least 2 similar moves, 1 being Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball.
Even if there are more than 2 moves they share, they play nothing alike at all.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
^ Ikesama: Mewtwo wasn't an alt of Lucario. Had his own scrapped victory theme, scrapped Wiimote file and Final Smash. Also, SSBF proved a while back that Mewtwo had roughly enough data to be playable.

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
An interesting question has just come to mind, and I'd like to see how everyone would answer:

Let's assume that, like Brawl, they will add only six new characters from unrepresented franchises, third parties included.

Looking at the primary Nintendo candidates, we have:

Tingle (Balloon Fighter)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
Ray (Custom Robo)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo)

Those are all very deserving characters, each with the potential for very interesting movesets.

So the question I put to you is:

If having no third parties meant the developers had the resources to add all 9 characters, would you be okay with no Sonic/Megaman/Whoever? What if they still could only add 6 characters, but all 6 would be from that list instead of 2 slots going toward third party reps, would your answer change?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
^^^^^^^^^ there is your answer..
You just don't understand, right? Relax, take your time, and think.

Axe =/= Sword. Magic =/= Sword. Unique. Hector. Micaiah. Unique. Screw the Fire Emblem stats.

The Forbidden 7. Dr. Mario was in too. And now that I see the current DLC capacities of the Wii, comparing it to the PS3/360, the Wii really couldn't have handled DLC characters.

I guess Roy is quite popular which is good, I'd take him over Chrome anyday. At least until we find out more about Chrome however, but I still see his chances equal to how Micaiah's were in Brawl.

Also I'm putting this links in the Backroom Info Thread.

Don't worry Chrono I"ll be sure to give you credit.

Huh, well who knew? Nice find Chrono.

OmegaXXII

Mewtwo isn't a Lucario clone, if anything they play differently, the only move they shared was Shadow Ball, also Sakurai had both of them planned for Brawl, why else would he include both in the same game if Lucario was "meant" to replace?? Not really.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I just wanna let you know that I agree with Roy-Kun, Hector is better than Lyn, much more unique as well.

Gosh....Lyn would solve 2 problems if she was included...

1. More females

2. 3 Fire Emblem representative that are in a perfect harmony.

What would Hector or Roy solve ?

they will actually cause more problems than solutions.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Gosh....Lyn would solve 2 problems if she was included...

1. More females

2. 3 Fire Emblem representative that are in a perfect harmony.

What would Hector or Roy solve ?

they will actually cause more problems than solutions.
Micaiah instead of Lyn.

End of story.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Mewtwo isn't a Lucario clone, if anything they play differently, the only move they shared was Shadow Ball, also Sakurai had both of them planned for Brawl, why else would he include both in the same game if Lucario was "meant" to replace?? Not really.

Where did you get the replacing mumbo jumbo ? there was no official statement that any character in Brawl was replacing a character it was just an assumption....

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
An interesting question has just come to mind, and I'd like to see how everyone would answer:

Let's assume that, like Brawl, they will add only six new characters from unrepresented franchises, third parties included.

Looking at the primary Nintendo candidates, we have:

Tingle (Balloon Fighter)
Little Mac (Punch Out)
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
Ray (Custom Robo)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasame-jo)

Those are all very deserving characters, each with the potential for very interesting movesets.

So the question I put to you is:

If having no third parties meant the developers had the resources to add all 9 characters, would you be okay with no Sonic/Megaman/Whoever? What if they still could only add 6 characters, but all 6 would be from that list instead of 2 slots going toward third party reps, would your answer change?

This is a tough one, but if you mean if all of these characters could be included but we get no Megaman or Sonic?

Well... my answer, albeit complicated, would be the following.

I would take all of those characters over Megaman, I think. (But that was a really hard decision. I'm only thinking long term, and this is a Nintendo game first and foremost...)

I would only drop Sonic if they add the main character from StarTropics I & II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom