• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
People are suggesting that Rosalina would be a copy of Peach, but I was thinking her moveset would be completely different. After all, she does have a wand, and she could have moves related to star-bits.
That's what i was thinking to she could have her own move's shes got her wond and star bit's.

I can't think of any other femmale's right now tho.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Thinking up a moveset for Ridley is tough since he has so many options available for him. It all comes down to how you think he would be depicted. I think he should be a fast, highly mobile character with erratic movements and mauler type attacks. I wonder what could be done with him to make him truly unique though. Perhaps a moveset entirely about aerial dominance? Could maybe have an aerial grab (If it could somehow be not totally broken) and the ability to shoot fireballs while gliding. Ground attacks would focus on sending the opponent upward... Man, I really dunno.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If NA/EU got to chime in on the inevitable SSBWiiU/3DS Poll. I'm curious who you would vote for?

OR, if Sakurai decides to do the personal blog where her reads fan requests,and comments on them. What short note would you write to him?

I would personally vote for either Medusa or Geno. I can't decide between wasting my vote on Geno, or actually getting my voice heard.

As for the small note, I would probably comment on how much I loved the massive amount of beautiful music in brawl, and how I want it to come back. I would probably comment on the idea of a more unique Pokemon and Starfox stage. As well as maybe bringing in Tom Nook, and looking at adding more "slots" to both new series and already existing ones. Lastly I would plead for "Beware of the forest mushrooms" and if he couldn't add it, plead him to tell us why! Then Thank him :)

ANDDDD, Ghirahim is cool, get over it.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I was thinking banjo has been in a few games for the gba there was banjo pilot

banjo kazooie gruntys revenge.

Could he have a chance in the 3ds?

And there's a rumor there could be a new bango kazooie comeing to 3ds!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was thinking banjo has been in a few games for the gba there was banjo pilot

banjo kazooie gruntys revenge.

Could he have a chance in the 3ds?

And there's a rumer there could be a new bango kazooie comeing to 3ds!
I do believe Microsoft owns Banjo now. So game over on that.

@Ghirahim I think he looks like that sword from Majora's mask. Do you think that's just coincidence?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I know hes ownd by microsoft hes all so a 3rd party and has had a few game's for gba.
Well you wouldn't expect Master Cheif in Smash, or God of War would you? He's in the same boat. Mario will never be on a Microsft System, and Banjo will never (Again) be on a Nintendo system.

He was on those games before Microsoft bought him.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I know hes ownd by microsoft hes all so a 3rd party and has had a few game's for gba.
You mean "also"? Banjo is a Microsoft exclusive character or at least on the home console space. His only chance would be for the 3DS version but even then his chances are very slim.

D

Deleted member

God **** it, my blog won't post. Putting it in LiveJournal now.

I would be okay with Ghirahim as a character. Wouldn't be a clone of anyone and is really the only good Zelda choice left. It's too bad he probably won't make it in.
shortiecanbrawl said:
If NA/EU got to chime in on the inevitable SSBWiiU/3DS Poll. I'm curious who you would vote for?
I would vote for Mega Man. My most wanted character and the most likely third-party, even if not the most deserving.

shortiecanbrawl said:
OR, if Sakurai decides to do the personal blog where her reads fan requests,and comments on them. What short note would you write to him?
"I don't care what you do with the 3DS and Wii-U version as long as the result is great; but whatever you do, do not make the rosters exactly the same. Keep the 3DS roster at 25-35 and the Wii-U version at 44 or more characters. I don't want the roster to feel like a huge letdown, even for someone only expecting 44 good characters including 9/10 worthy newcomers and others who aren't dumb enough to suggest the rosters be the same will agree with me."

I may write other stuffs, but that's the one thing I will write to him.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Banjo isn't going to be SSB4. Period. Not unless Nintendo buys the rights back, which is highly unlikely, or Nintendo straight up buys Rare back, which is even less likely. He's more likely than Master Chief... but still probably something like 0.000000000000000001%, tops.

(for those curious, Master Chief's odds are 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, and it is only that high because the universe is a chaotic place and sometimes really, really, weird things happen)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
If it was confirmed that not only that there would be no new third-party characters, but also that Snake and Sonic would not be coming back, who would you replace them with in SSB4?
I'm kind of shocked you would even say such a thing seeing you're a megaman fan and all,
no just kidding

I read your other post, as far as replacements go well..I'd say a retro character such as Medusa, another kid Icarus rep and probably Ray MKI.

My choices would be King K. Rool,Saki Amamiya, and Ray 01/MK III.
Agreed, although I don't think Saki would be.

:phone:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I'm positive that Banjo & Kazooie won't be in (even though it would be great), but I want to point out that even though they're owned by Microsoft, those two had some games on the GBA because Microsoft was not in the handheld market, so Rare was able to still make games on Nintendo's handheld. It sucks that the closest thing to SSB that Banjo & Kazooie were in is Sonic & Sega Allstars Racing. A fighting game (you all know which) would've been better. Oh well.

Anyway, here's some alt costume ideas that I have in mind. I've left out the obvious alt colors because they will be in the game. I've mainly suggested special costumes, so even though I didn't include the "red, blue, green variants of a characters main outfit, its still intended to be there. Here they are:

Alt Costumes Ideas
Mario:
Doctor Mario
Red Star Mario from Galaxy
Mr. M ( a Mario version of Mr. L but with red as its focus)

Luigi:
Mr. L (and alt colors)
"Red" Star Luigi from Galaxy

Peach:
A dress with Rosalina's color, and Rosalina's hair color. That's it. No "different character for alt colors" ideas here.

Bowser:
Dry Bowser color scheme
Dark Bowser (Bowser's Inside Story) color scheme
Super Mario World color scheme

Toad:
Goomba color scheme
1-Up Mushroom Color Scheme
Golden Mushroom (Mario Kart) color scheme

Bowser Jr.
Shadow Bowser Jr. (Mario Sunshine: Mecha Bowser Appears)
Morton Koopa color scheme
Dark Bowser Jr. (a JR. version of Dark Bowser)

Donkey Kong
Golden DK (banana juice potion from DKCR)
Funky Kong's shades, muscle shirt and blue shorts (no bandanna due to my "No 'different character for alt colors'" reason)

Diddy Kong
Golden Diddy Kong (banana juice potion from DKCR)
Super Diddy Kong (DKCR's Super Guide; basically a Yeti version of Diddy)
Cranky Kong's shirt

King K. Rool
Pirate Captain outfit (alt colors)
Egyptian outfit from Mario Super Sluggers (alt colors)
Red skin w/green cape, Dark Grey skin w/yellow cape
Golden skin with a fleshy stomach

Dixie Kong
Diddy Kong's color scheme, similar to Diddy's Dixie color scheme

Metaknight
Galacta Knight color scheme

Yoshi
Yoob from Partners in Time (alt colors; the color of Yoob Yoshi's stomach, cheeks and boots change; but the main skin remains Hot Pink)

Fox McCloud
James's shades

That's all my costume changes. I'm not hoping for all of these to make it in--its completely hypothetical, and this is not a good representation of my roster.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Banjo isn't going to be SSB4. Period. Not unless Nintendo buys the rights back, which is highly unlikely, or Nintendo straight up buys Rare back, which is even less likely. He's more likely than Master Chief... but still probably something like 0.000000000000000001%, tops.

(for those curious, Master Chief's odds are 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, and it is only that high because the universe is a chaotic place and sometimes really, really, weird things happen)
Yeah I agree with this ltes stop discussing non Nintendo characters who have almost zero percent chance of getting in.

D

Deleted member

@Gamingboy: I don't think we'll ever see Banjo-Kazooie either, but he does fulfill all four requirements, so he's not impossible. Chances are very slim, that's for certain, but not impossible. I would put his chances at 12.5% because there's always that small chance if fan demands are so overwhelming that Nintendo and Microsoft will break down and let Banjo-Kazooie in.

Also, you should have put Master Cheif's chance at 0% since he will never be on a Nintendo's consoles.
OmegaXVII said:
I'm kind of shocked you would even say such a thing seeing you're a megaman fan and all
As much as I want Mega Man in, I would gladly trade him, Sonic, and Snake to get three characters I want in the game that I'm worried may not make it. Nintendo characters are more important then third-party characters.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of shocked you would even say such a thing seeing you're a megaman fan and all,
no just kidding

I read your other post, as far as replacements go well..I'd say a retro character such as Medusa, another kid Icarus rep and probably Ray MKI.

Agreed, although I don't think Saki would be.

Medusa is a Kid Icarus rep.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. Fan, I'd just like to point out that your signature should say (Most of use don't want a <40 roster) instead of (Most of here don't want a >40 roster) because right now you're signature says that most of us don't want more than 40 characters.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Birthnote

I'm a big fan of costumes and I like your ideas. Some of your ideas seem more like alternate coloring, not really alternate costumes though. Hopefully they be smart and bring in "Shiny" Pokemon colors and actually make the PT have Male, Female and possibly rival alternate costumes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The best alternate costume would be Luigi wearing Peach's dress from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Fan, I'd just like to point out that your signature should say (Most of use don't want a <40 roster) instead of (Most of here don't want a >40 roster) because right now you're signature says that most of us don't want more than 40 characters.
Okay thanks. Changed it accordingly. Why the < and > symbol confuse me like this I'll never know.

D

Deleted member

@BirthNote: You have a great idea going, although I don't think we need that many alternative costumes. Some characters like Mega Man and Mario could use them while others like Meta Knight don't exactly need them. Still, it's something that they should consider.

OmegaXXII

Medusa is a Kid Icarus rep.
Yes I'm well aware of that, I stated that because Sakurai is working on the Kid Icarus project and knowing him, he most likely include two new reps to further promote his latest creation and what better way than to do it in the upcoming SSB4.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yes I'm well aware of that, I stated that because Sakurai is working on the Kid Icarus project and knowing him, he most likely include two new reps to further promote his latest creation and what better way than to do it in the upcoming SSB4.

In all honesty, he delayed adding King Dedede for two games. He was originally intended to be in SSB64(along with Peach, Bowser Mewtwo, and rumored but NOT confirmed Meowth and Pit), yet he ran out of time and didn't want to "over represent" himself. So, we could possibly see no new Kid Icarus characters. Which would be a shame really.

D

Deleted member

Just want to say that I finally got my opinion on why I think we need different characters rosters done. Posted it here. and I will be putting it up on GameFAQs, IGN, and this Wii-U forum. Granted, it probably won't change much of the roster planning, but this is just me getting my thoughts out their.

Next installment will be on the ten most likely characters in which I will post my opinion of it and that I will allow others to get their opinion in.

(Note: You don't have to read any of these, I'm just going to be doing this to expand my opinion on SSB4.)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll ever see Banjo-Kazooie either, but he does fulfill all four requirements, so he's not impossible. Chances are very slim, that's for certain, but not impossible. I would put his chances at 12.5% because there's always that small chance if fan demands are so overwhelming that Nintendo and Microsoft will break down and let Banjo-Kazooie in.

Also, you should have put Master Cheif's chance at 0% since he will never be on a Nintendo's consoles.
I basically did put Master Chief at 0. I was just joking with the huge 0.0000(....)00001%, because, y'know, theoretically everybody could get drunk at the next E3 and wake up the next day to find Master Chief in SSB4. In other words, I said it was a 0% chance, but decided to jokingly make it as if there was super-miniscule chance (when there isn't).

OmegaXXII

Just want to say that I finally got my opinion on why I think we need different characters rosters done. Posted it here. and I will be putting it up on GameFAQs, IGN, and this Wii-U forum. Granted, it probably won't change much of the roster planning, but this is just me getting my thoughts out their.

Next installment will be on the ten most likely characters in which I will post my opinion of it and that I will allow others to get their opinion in.

(Note: You don't have to read any of these, I'm just going to be doing this to expand my opinion on SSB4.)
I'm guessing you already have a blog over this everywhere right lol..?

I'm gonna have to start doing this myself one of these days.

But yea No Master Chief or Banjo Kazooie, as cool as they are it's just not going to happen unless we see a "BIG"demand and outrage over them.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
We wouldn't see Master Chief even if there was BIG demand. Literally, the only way I could ever see such a thing happening is if in the distant future (certainly not anytime soon) the cost of developing systems becomes so expensive that Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and whatever other hardware players are in the market (you hear rumors of Samsung getting in on it every once and a while) just throw up their hands and decide to just make one system for everything and then proceed to run the global video game community as a single cartel.

In other words, never.

dengel

Smash Cadet
We wouldn't see Master Chief even if there was BIG demand. Literally, the only way I could ever see such a thing happening is if in the distant future (certainly not anytime soon) the cost of developing systems becomes so expensive that Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and whatever other hardware players are in the market (you hear rumors of Samsung getting in on it every once and a while) just throw up their hands and decide to just make one system for everything and then proceed to run the global video game community as a single cartel.

In other words, never.
But we might possibly maybe see Banjo-Kazooie if there was big enough demand (crosses fingers and toes).

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
But we might possibly maybe see Banjo-Kazooie if there was big enough demand (crosses fingers and toes).

Yes, it is a possibility, but I don't think such a demand would happen, given the glut of other characters fighting for demand.

refugee

Smash Journeyman

I don't see two more reps happening though, especially considering how hesitant he was with adding more Kirby characters, and how he has only worked on one Kid Icarus game.

Yes, it is a possibility, but I don't think such a demand would happen, given the glut of other characters fighting for demand.
That and consider how popular Geno was and he still didn't et in even though it was only SE Nintendo had to deal with. Imagine Microsoft now.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
What about Soul Calibur, on the gamecube Link was in Soul Calibur so mabe we could see some one from Namco Bandai Games America?

Oh its all so 3rd party.

D

Deleted member

What about Soul Calibur, on the gamecube Link was in Soul Calibur so mabe we could see some one from Namco Bandai Games America?

Oh its all so 3rd party.
Chances are very poor. There isn't enough support for other Namco Bandai characters and Pacman will probably not get in.

OmegaXXII

I don't see two more reps happening though, especially considering how hesitant he was with adding more Kirby characters, and how he has only worked on one Kid Icarus game.
True, but still given the take I can assure you that he won't be too hesistant to at least include and introduce one Kid Icarus rep. In some way or form in SSB4, hopefully though he'll include one as a playable character.

That and consider how popular Geno was and he still didn't et in even though it was only SE Nintendo had to deal with. Imagine Microsoft now.
Yea it's a bigger barrier to cross over and it's just not worth it.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Chances are very poor. There isn't enough support for other Namco Bandai characters and Pacman will probably not get in.

I thought so...

I was looking at all the Capcom Vs....And im like wow cose what if ssb had a vs with Capcom?
We all ready no that there is talk about some of cap's charecters crossing over that would be very interestng!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@Birthnote

I'm a big fan of costumes and I like your ideas. Some of your ideas seem more like alternate coloring, not really alternate costumes though. Hopefully they be smart and bring in "Shiny" Pokemon colors and actually make the PT have Male, Female and possibly rival alternate costumes.
Thanks.

The best alternate costume would be Luigi wearing Peach's dress from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.
LOL, I think that Luigi in Peach's dress thing came from a Super Mario World Comic series, and Peach was even wearing Luigi's outfit. It would be funny if those both were seen.

@BirthNote: You have a great idea going, although I don't think we need that many alternative costumes. Some characters like Mega Man and Mario could use them while others like Meta Knight don't exactly need them. Still, it's something that they should consider.
Yeah, I didn't know which ones to choose, but I thought it would be great to list as many ideas as I can. Its a little overwhelming, but luckily I don't expect them all to be in. I hope that some of them do make it though.

Thanks for the feedback.

OmegaXXII

I thought so...

I was looking at all the Capcom Vs....And im like wow cose what if ssb had a vs with Capcom?
We all ready no that there is talk about some of cap's charecters crossing over
that would be very interestng!
IMO, that would be the worst idea ever!!

Sure we want characters like Ryu and Megaman, but a whole series of them in Smash? Just doesn't seem right, given the dynamics and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom