• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hmmm... The Pokemon Stadium stage as a concept shouldn't go anywhere. It represents a major aspect of the series.

Erm, sort of. . . but not really. . at all.

A stage based on a place designated for battle is a major aspect of the series (Places like the Elite four, gyms, Battle frotier, Pokemon Stadium, ect) are major aspects, but the Pokemon Stadium series is not.

I wouldn't mind seeing an "Elite Four" stage take Stadiums place. Especially since Black and Whites have killer elite four rooms.

vicgur

Smash Ace
It is, but it is a superior opinion, imo. Skyward Sword looks hideous (literally, the design is ugly), and Ghirahim is easily the worst thing about it. Zant wasn't particularly well-conceived either, but at least the rest of TP looked great.
Okay, now I know you're trolling.
TP visuals > SS visuals!?!? In what parallel reality!?

Opinions, opinions...

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
It is, but it is a superior opinion, imo. Skyward Sword looks hideous (literally, the design is ugly), and Ghirahim is easily the worst thing about it. Zant wasn't particularly well-conceived either, but at least the rest of TP looked great.
What? Well I'll be a monkeys uncle I think the design looks find I suppose everyones entitled to their opinions though. I hope Mario gets a moveset revamp the Rocket Nozzle for his Up Special Move and the Star Spin for his Side Special Move.

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Cadea/Shiida

Attributes:
Caeda is a lightweight character similar to Fox (33th). Both her size and ground speed are both very close to Z.S. Samus (4-5th in both) due to her FE stats and light weaponry; while her ability to move around mid-air is high and close to Zelda's (13th).

Playstyle:
I see her as good overall on the ground but a nightmare in the air. Her attacks are quick and not very laggy, elegant in motion like Marth’s attacks, but are not very damaging or have very high knockback with either of her weapons. Therefore it would result in much of her gameplay centering on switching her weapons back and forth in order to fit the situation. In order to back her up in order to make kills she would have a very good recovery: 3 jumps, a glide, and limited flight with her U-Special. Unfortunately for her all of these aerial abilities come at a cost of being light weight and floaty.

Lance – Amazing range (slightly longer then Z.S. Samus’s whip), but terrible knockback, although the best knockback is sweet spotted at the tip of the lance,
Sword – Under average range (about Toon Link’s sword), but has better knockback then the lance,

Entrance - Flys in on her Pegasus, jumps off onto the stage as her Pegasus then flys into the background,

Neutral Special - Javelin/Sonic Sword - throws her lance a short distance, you charge it up like Link's Bow in order to gain distance and speed, but it makes her a sitting target, / slashes her sword to create a magic air slash, can't charge, little lag but lower priority than Javelin. Each does 6%,

Side Special - Pegasus Charge - dashes forward a short distance (3/5th the distance of the SF Side-S) and at the end slashes with her weapon, when she slashes it can be a Meteor Smash, think Wolf Flash but horizontal, does 3% during the dash, 10% on the weapon hit,

Up Special - Mount - mounts onto her Pegasus and is able to fly for a short period, same as Wings of Icarus,

Down Special - Weapon Change - Changes her weapon, from lance to sword and vice versa, lance is default.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack - launches opponent into the air and middle of the stage like Great Aether, the Pegasus Sisters (Palla, Catria, Est) appear from the background on their Pegasus's and do their signature Triangle Attack, 12% on the 1st hit, then 15% on each hit done by the Sisters, has an overall good knockback,

AAA - starts a rapid stabbing motion similar to Link's jab with her weapon, it may be held down, does 3% per hit,
Forward Tilt - leans forward and stabs opponent's with her weapon, think Ike’s F-Tilt. 8-10%
Up Tilt - a basic vertical slash, think Marth’s U-Tilt. 7-9%
Down Tilt – swipes once at the ground with her weapon, think Ike’s D-Tilt. 6-8%
Dash Attack – does a slide similar to Mario’s dash, it has a very laggy end. 7-8%

Neutral Air – spins her weapon in a horizontal position, 10-12%
Forward Air - same as F-Tilt but in the air, it has much less lag in comparison, 7-9%
Up Air - spins her weapon similar to Ike's U-Air, 10-12%
Down Air - thrusts her weapon downwards in a stabbing motion, can Meteor Smash (with the lance it may be the best in the game), 10-12%
Back Air - same as F-Air but backwards, has better knockback then it making it one of her few kill moves, 8-9%

Forward Smash – jumps slightly forward and slashes both of her weapons , sword 1st then the lance, it’s one of her few kill moves, has a good amount of lag in between weapons, Sword does 19-21%, Lance does 17-19%,
Up Smash - thrusts her equipped weapon up in the air in a motion similar to Marth’s U-Smash, has very little lag but has a low knockback (due to stabbing), 17-20%
Down Smash – slashes her weapon once forward then backwards in a similar to Marth’s D-Smash, 11-13%

Pummel – holds her weapon in one hand, the opponent in the other then, hits opponent with her knee, 2%
Forward Throw – bats the opponent forward with her weapon, it can Chain Grab, 5%
Up Throw - throws opponent up above her similar to Marth’s U-Throw, 3%
Down Throw - throws opponent down, jumps up and stabs them in the back with her weapon, it launches them upwards, does a great amount of damage, 10%
Back Throw – moves in front of the opponent, quickly turns around and bats them away with her weapon, has slightly more knockback then her F-Throw, 5%

Other:
3rd Jump – Summons her Pegasus briefly
Gliding - Summons her Pegasus
Glide Attack – jousts her weapon out for a quick sweep, as strong as Pit’s but has better range, is one of her killing moves, 12%

Taunts:
1. Playfully spins her lance/slashes her sword
2. Pets her Pegasus
3. Holds her weapon out, Says "I won't lose here!", if fighting Marth she says "Please stop my love..."

Costumes:
Green - Palla
Blue - Catria
Pink - Est
Orange - Elinca
White - Wedding Gown?

Kirby Hat: Gains her long blue hair, when copying her, he alternates between both her weapons,

Pros:
Fast
Amazing Range with her lance
Amazing Air game (next Jigglypuff?)
Best edgeguarder in the game (thanks to her Meteor Smash)
Can Chain Grab with her F-Throw
Great Recovery

Cons:
Poor Projectile
Low damage output
Very few kill moves
Light weight
Floaty

Well it took me a while to do, but here's my 1st edited moveset. So are there any thoughts or questions?

Next I will edit my buffed Mewtwo moveset, so please look forward to that. ;)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Regarding Poke Floats, I just thought of something, wouldn't the newer Pokemon be represented by floats instead of the 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon we got in Melee?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I don't understand why people think this is a Bowser Jr. vs Toad vs Paper Mario debate.

It's not. Paper Mario can join along with either of those two.

D

Deleted member

Arcadenik said:
Crying over the cutting of Jigglypuff, Lucario, 1st gen Pokemon Trainer, Ike, Snake
To be fair, Ike getting cut would be highly unjustified. Ike should not be cut just because he's "irrelevant".
Arcadenik said:
complaining about how Matthew and Isa got in over Isaac and Saki,
Not a smart idea to put them in just because they're "relevant", but I'd be okay with this.
Arcadenik said:
complaining about how Ridley looks ugly in his Other M appearance, complaining about how Diddy Kong is ruined by being teamed with Dixie Kong, blaming Tingle and Duck Hunt Dog for taking up slots that could have gone to their favorite characters, blaming Meowth and 5th gen Pokemon Trainer for taking up Jigglypuff and 1st gen Pokemon Trainer's slots,
There will be lulz and it will be hilarious.
Arcadneik said:
NOT blaming Mewtwo but blaming Zoroark for taking up Lucario's slot,
Wouldn't have a problem with this, but as for Zoroark, that's what you get for being flavor-of-the-month; blame on you.
Arcadenik said:
blaming Caeda for taking up Ike's slot,
As said before, Ike should not be cut.
Arcadenik said:
NOT blaming Mega Man but blaming Slime for taking up Geno and Snake's slots,
I'll second Slime just to spit on their face. It's too bad that Slime isn't popular in the West.
Arcadenik said:
blaming Toad for taking up Bowser Jr.'s slot,
...even thought Toad is more deserving.
Arcadneik said:
complaining about how the 1st gen is under-repped and the 5th gen is over-repped, complaining over the lack of females even though they got four new females, complaining over the lack of villains even though they got three new villains, crying for their favorite characters not being playable, coming up with SSB5 rosters, and accusing Sakurai of trolling.
More Internet lulz.

The only thing that would upset me is Ike's cutting.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'd punch somebody in the face, if that happened.
The idea of Goku in Smash just isn't stupider than Naruto in Smash...
At least Goku's well known :awesome:

Paper Mario should represent his pen series seriously I don't see why he's being compared to Toast or Bowser Jr.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Erm, sort of. . . but not really. . at all.

A stage based on a place designated for battle is a major aspect of the series (Places like the Elite four, gyms, Battle frotier, Pokemon Stadium, ect) are major aspects, but the Pokemon Stadium series is not.

I wouldn't mind seeing an "Elite Four" stage take Stadiums place. Especially since Black and Whites have killer elite four rooms.
I used "aspect" for a reason. :V

Notable gym/league/location layouts could be implemented in the idea.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
D

Deleted member

If there's going to be any anime characters in Smash (which won't happen), Goku should be in as Kid Goku. Would fit into Smash better. Naruto is all-around awful choice.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Exactly, I'm saying Paper Mario would have his own franchise, so he wouldn't interfere at all.

100% agreed there.

Ike should NEVER be cut, period!!!!

See above. Ness and Falco shouldn't be cut, either.

I love Goku, too! But he's a godamn anime character. NO ANIME CHARACTERS IN MY SMASH BROS.
This, along with generic space marines and meathead soldiers. ;)

If there's going to be any anime characters in Smash (which won't happen), Goku should be in as Kid Goku. Would fit into Smash better. Naruto is all-around awful choice.
Marry me. :)

vicgur

Smash Ace
Trust me, dude, Goku would be a THOUSAND times better than Naruto in Smash...
Yeah, you're right.
But no anime characters, tho. Third-party is the limit. NOTHING BEYOND THAT IN SMASH.

just buff him a little and he'll be fine
Buff Ike!?
GOD, PLEASE DON'T!
You may be tier players, but as a regular player I have some bad times playing against a friend that main this blue-haired son of a b****!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would like to see 3rd gen representation though.
Well we could have this:

Pokemon Stadium (Pikachu/Jiggs)
Elite Four Unova (Zoroark)
Meteor Falls (Doexys)
Cerulean City/Cave/Bill's house? (Mewtwo)

Phostopheles

Smash Journeyman
lets not troll ok? an opinion is an opinion, nothing more.
This is a forum, all we do is post opinions. At least I'm posting something new instead of wasting dataspace stating the obvious.

I hate Toon Link. I think he could be cut.
I love Ike. I think he could be cut.
I'm indifferent about Ness/Lucas. I think one of them could be cut.

It's not that hard to separate my emotions from overwhelming probability. I don't see why everyone else is taking it so personally. The only ad hom I've posted was concerning Ghirahim, and it's true...if you see appeal in the character, I don't think we'll ever meet eye to eye.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If you love Ike why would you want hI'm cut? I'm not familiar with FE but isn't he one of the more popular characters?

Anyway I'm tired see you guys tomorrow

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ooooh, definitely looking forward to that!
Well at least someone looked at my post. :p

Anyway back onto the the many flame debates going on:

1. No Anime characters

2. Chances are Ike won't be cut

3. I don't care about which Mario character gets in, until we get some real info/ see support in Japan for a character then it's just as much of a stalemate of a debate as a Pokemon one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom