• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalvinWars

Smash Apprentice
Totally off the AT discussion, but as unlikely as it is, I would love to be able to play as Goemon. His Final Smash would totally be Impact. He would jump into Impact, you'd see the first person view from inside the cockpit, and you'd punch up the stage faster than Kirby's Vulcan Jab and then give the bottom of the stage a nice kick at the end, sending anybody on the ground flying upwards.

XP Memories....

Anybody else have characters in mind that they would love, but know don't have a chance?
Waluigi :troll:

Now, seriously, I think Roy might just fit this... :(

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh GOD GOEMON! He'd be awesome! He'd better have his kiseru pipe and coin throwing... I also wish for Ebisumaru, Sasuke and Yae...

I personally wish for Twinbee. He'd use Rocket Punch, his miniature "shotgun" pistol, bells, use of his jet pack... Man, it would be awesome to play as him.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Let's just start spouting out character who we think would make good Assist trophies.

And if somebody names a character you think should be playable, just leave it alone. >_>
Good idea.

Skull Kid- He floats in the air, and laughs at the characters. Then he tenses up and lets out a scream. The Termina moon looms in and slams into the stage. Does damage to EVERYONE, it also covers a lot of the stage, so dodging is a must. One of the more powerful AT's.

Doopliss- Doopliss runs at an enemy and scans them. They fall to the ground and wake up a shadow version of themselves. Doopliss meanwhile takes on the characters form. As the character, Doopliss will flee from the other characters. While a shadow, the player does 1/2 damage. KOIng Doopliss restores your normal form.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Good idea.

Skull Kid- He floats in the air, and laughs at the characters. Then he tenses up and lets out a scream. The Termina moon looms in and slams into the stage. Does damage to EVERYONE, it also covers a lot of the stage, so dodging is a must. One of the more powerful AT's.

Doopliss- Doopliss runs at an enemy and scans them. They fall to the ground and wake up a shadow version of themselves. Doopliss meanwhile takes on the characters form. As the character, Doopliss will flee from the other characters. While a shadow, the player does 1/2 damage. KOIng Doopliss restores your normal form.
That brings up an interesting point... More Pokemon and/or Assist Trophies should be, like Final Smash deadly. And more rare, of course.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Assist trophies huh? You know, I really don't like thinking up Assist Trophys. :goomba:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
My turn!

Prince Sable: Quite powerful and long-last Assist Trophy. He lunges right at the opponent with his Snake Killer-sword and starts to attack them very rapidly. You can escape the attack, and actually hit him. It takes some time to beat him,as he has lots of HP.

After longtime slashing, he finishes either by jumping very high and strikes with his sword down (like Link's Down Aerial) or he hits the character with very longrange slash, which sends them flying. (okay, sounds like Knuckle Joe)

If you throw a projectile or try to attack him from the front mostly, he'll raise his Mirror Shield to protect himself.

Now how to implement the fact that he can turn into a frog??
Maybe ya find him first as a frog, and try to get a Joy Fruit for him? Meantime he'll jump and latch into enemies to damage them.

I'm not good at doing Assist Trophies...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ahhh, now that is a good question. Who would I like but know doesn't have a chance? :goomba:

Well, I would say it would have to be Richard. :goomba:

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I always thought Skull Kid would be legit.
As either a player or a AT. I'd vote for either really.
Loved that game.
Yeah, he would be a fantastic character. He does have a lot more going for him than other Zelda characters.
- A lead character in Majora's Mask, the second most popular Zelda game of all time.
- Appears in OoT, MM, TP, arguably four of the bigger titles.
- Also could star in a Majora's Mask remake, that could be in development during Smash 4's

I hope, but don't count on it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While the roster topic will be back, I might as well join in.

Eggplant Wizard - Turns opponents into helpless eggplants

Duck Hunt Dog - lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Richard from where?
This Richard. :goomba:

For The Frogs the Bells Toll.

I would LOVE to hear his music in Smash.

For the Frog the Bell Tolls - Overworld

It is because of his game we got Link's Awakening. Oh how'd love to see him transform into a frog and utilize his sword! This game needs to be released on the 3DS' Virtual Console!
http://youtu.be/dXze5A-TtBM

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Another unlikely that I would love: Rayman. I have fond memories of playing Rayman as a kid...

D

Deleted member

Read the entire thread and making a response.

I see that we have a "fake" leaked roster.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
HOOYYYYY THAT RICHARD.
I've played the fan translated rom through, but I'm so wishing the game gets a 3DS VC release...

Hm, if that's that I'm supporting Sabure/Sable, and you're supporting Richard... ya know, if they both made it in, let's have a match using them, okay? (-lw<-)b

I'm wanting Sable for quite same reasons as you want Richard. He'd use Snake Killer and Mirror Shield, would turn into a frog too, and maybe ring the Spring Bell as his Final Smash. Also he'd drink bottled wineas one of his taunts. Awesome.

Btw, you're also wishing for that music to be in SSB4? Gimme five!!!! I'm also longing for reorchestration-
maybe sounding something like this. ( Much MORE REORCHESTRATED)

Huzzah! For The Frog The Bell Tolls's main guys for SSB4!!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
HOOYYYYY THAT RICHARD.
I've played the fan translated rom through, but I'm so wishing the game gets a 3DS VC release...

Hm, if that's that I'm supporting Sable, and you're spporting Richard... ya know, of they made it in, let's have a match using them, okay? (-lw<-)b

I'm wanting Sable for quite same reasons as you want Richard. He'd use Snake Killer and Mirror Shield, would turn into a frog too, and maybe ring the Spring Bell as his Final Smash.

Btw, you're also wishing for that music to be in SSB4? Gimme five!!!! I'm also longing for reorchestration- maybe sounding something like this. ( Much MORE REORCHESTRATED)

For The Frog The Bell Tolls's main guys for SSB4!!!
That is so epic. Yes either character from For The Frog The Bells Toll is on my list. Forget every other shock character, give me Richard or Sable!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is there a legit thread for all wanted characters in SSB4?
Nothing certain, just a wishlist thread.
The thread would not be for the game, just the characters, so this one doesn't count.
Right now we're only allowed to discuss Smash 4 for the Wii U here.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Would it be possible to create a hub social group for SSB4? Like, a place that features the various alliances and hosts discussions. I'd be glad to host something like that. I'm in the mood to host something. XP

D

Deleted member

Would it be possible to create a hub social group for SSB4? Like, a place that features the various alliances and hosts discussions. I'd be glad to host something like that. I'm in the mood to host something. XP
There's already a few out there. Sadly, the best one you have to be invited to.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
That is so epic. Yes either character from For The Frog The Bells Toll is on my list. Forget every other shock character, give me Richard or Sable!
Give me both! Or preferably Sable. But I want Richard too- he's the legimate rival for Sable!!!

Aww man. So hard to choose. Richard alone would be having the same issue of not having Sable there with him. (-l,l-)

(Fun thought- if Lip was also in SSB4 with Sable, I'd be so expecting fans to pair both to no end.)

Oh- Hello SSBFan!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
There are probably a fair few that are decent that you don't have to be invited to. Why don't one of you just make a social group? That's what I would do. I would make it invite-only though. To keep a few people from ruining it. You know?

The one that I'm a part of has a creator who hasn't been on for, idk three months? So, we can't invite anyone 0.0

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well, hopefully we can get a social group going soon before the flammers and trolls come around next E3.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The way you put it sounds kinda funny. We're making a Safety Capsule...
Sorry, but what I mean is I don't want this thread to end up like other SSB4 hype sites.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For a new assist trophy, Dr. Kawashima (not sure on spelling) from Brain Age could fly around the stage as a floating head and ram people. Maybe by yelling, "This exercise helps train your prefrontal cortex," or whatever he says.

Just for fun xD

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hey' guy's i just found some new info on the wii u:)

Nintendo Wii U: Nintendo Rep Says Wii U Can Support More Than One Wii U Controller

http://mynintendonews.com/
That's some interesting news there. Though it does make you wonder how it'll be possible to implement more than one Wii U controller onto one system.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow, that's nice to here. I wonder how much additional Wii U controllers will cost...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Very old news.

@Chu: Actually, I'd say the most pronounced difference was the lack of Mario character discussion. Everyone here treats it as an inevitability, everybody there figures that series is set. The biggest similarities were Pokemon and DK though.

@Shorts: They actually talked about Capcom quite a bit, just not as much as Square-Enix and not always about Mega Man (some Monster Hunter stuff, I was pleased).

@Star: Well technically your essays will always be in vain, but I know I wouldn't care if I were in your shoes. Also I saw some mentions of Chocobo, but I'm not sure if it was for ChocoSlime.

Wasn't somebody a big Banjo-Kazooie fan here? A lot of them talked about that too, forgot to mention. I was a little bummed because only one guy said anything about Castlevania (a Simon moveset with changing subweapons, oh yeah).

Might dig in some more sometime soon again, it's always a blast.
Some more of the Japanese site stuff for the few actually interested.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That's some interesting news there. Though it does make you wonder how it'll be possible to implement more than one Wii U controller onto one system.
I don't believe it will be something that will be utilized often unless the game is well established as supporting that feature. For instance; let's say Nintendo develops a brand new Four Swords adventure (The Legend of Zelda: Mirror of Darkness) for the Wii U utilizing up to four tablets. :goomba:

The player knows this is a game specifically tailored for that feature, it isn't forced, but it is built around it. :goomba:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom