• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
@omega: yh I know but I had to post it because it is cruical to where I am getting my info from, also how you getting that big a sig it wont let me get any bigger then what I got now? Also is there a option in the cp to change your front automatically?

As for ridley I do want him playable as along with king k rool, it's just the word imposable really bugs me and how sakurai seems like if they made him playable he be real slow, which probably would make him not so good of a character.

Sakurai can't escape. Ridley was requested since melee. There's no way he'll say no for the 3rd time.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
WOOHOO! If these two snores topics were the biggest topics, that's a boring day.
These weren't even close to big topics. PCAM was considerably more important today along with other things before universal roster/Ridley came along today.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
People don't like going to a water park? Honestly, I would have loved to go to one, providing of course it didn't suck.Basically this and Starphoenix's mechanical ideas. Knights of Elibe, an alliance made by ChronoBound, will be joining us withe my approval and I'm setting out to make a post.

I also updated Project Unova with the announcement of PCAM and PM'd CrimsonFeint and Young Horsetail if they want to work with us. Hopefully, they will.

Another thing to note is that Starphoenix is trying to find someone to take the Ruffian Forever group off of him so he can focus on Slime & Chocobo's inclusion. I'm not sure who to look at., although shinhed-echi is a possible person who could lead it if interested.

Cool so ChronoBound will be Kooning PCAM? Yes!! :cool:

I would take over Saki's ruffian alliance but it seems I have my hands full with both the Black Knight Discussion group and Project Begnion website at the moment, I'll see if I can find someone willing to support Saki.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

@omega: yh I know but I had to post it because it is cruical to where I am getting my info from, also how you getting that big a sig it wont let me get any bigger then what I got now? Also is there a option in the cp to change your front automatically.
Your signature has a limit on size, I think it's 200 and such, ask Star he knows more.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm personally expecting a roster of 42, 44, or 45. With the possibility of 48-51 character's.
I'm back,

As for a roster that sounds about right,

This is my opinion, refering back to my trying to be un-biased roster, but I'd say 45 would be about right, with each system having 3 exclusive characters that would become DLC/ free link up DLC for the other making a total of 48.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
@berserker: again I do think it's very possible for ridley to be playable but does sakurai see that is what I am getting at, Look at megaman and how fans demanded him and he still is not in mvc3. Also if I am not mistaken ridley was demanded in brawl

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Another thing to note is that Starphoenix is trying to find someone to take the Ruffian Forever group off of him so he can focus on Slime & Chocobo's inclusion. I'm not sure who to look at., although shinhed-echi is a possible person who could lead it if interested.
Yes I am, though if I was a more intelligent man I'd go with the alliance with the more likely chance of success. But I'm a high stakes roller, big win or big loss. That's how I roll. :cool:

Silliness aside if anyone want's to just PM me and we can discuss it. I'll still support it with resources every now and then, but once my classes begin it will be a nightmare just trying to stay active in one group, let alone three.

How you described #2, I don't see much difference between that and what many stages already do.

I think something to remember is that it works best when it is simple. The "forge items," is very long and drawn out. At the same time, it's not very Smash like. People don't buy Smash to make items.

Probably gonna give you more props for you avatar. Good to see someone like Elza.
Fair enough. I understand where you are coming from. I agree with that, as stated my only goal is in coming up with ideas in which Smash Bros can be made more fun while delivering more depth. This was only one of them. But I do understand what you are saying.

gracias rata.

________

Also, I've noticed a lot of people are having problems with their signature's being cut off. That is my fault for creating them with such large parameters. Anyone having issues with their signatures PM me and I will resize them or redo them. Let me know.

One final note, just more of an offhand comment to those interested. I'm now posting my stage concepts over at Nsider. Why this may be interesting to some of you is that I'll be revising most of my concepts. Meaning I may add some more details, fix some grammatical errors, change tracks and some other small things. So check my older posts every now and then.

@Soviet: Might as well wait. Anything unexpected can happen. Like Daisy or Birdo joining the fray (Noooo).

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@berserker: again I do think it's very possible for ridley to be playable but does sakurai see that is what I am getting at, Look at megaman and how fans demanded him and he still is not in mvc3. Also if I am not mistaken ridley was demanded in brawl
I don't think you should be comparing Ridley to Megaman, as Mega Man is more in a situation like Mewtwo.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
@Soviet: Might as well wait. Anything unexpected can happen. Like Daisy or Birdo joining the fray (Noooo).
or even the child molester elf(tingle) :c

I have a strange felling we will get waluigi whether we want him or not.

OmegaXXII

Sakurai can't escape. Ridley was requested since melee. There's no way he'll say no for the 3rd time.
True BUT there's always that slim possibility of it happening and backlashing on fans, I'd say if Ridley doesn't get in, the biggest outrage will happen, especially here, I wouldn't want to imagine all to nOObs complaining lol..:awesome:

just in case he doesn't include him there's always the possibility of offereing it through DLC and such, but I doubt it since I'm confident he'll make it in, but again there's always that chance that he might not make it, NO GUARANTEE!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think you should be comparing Ridley to Megaman, as Mega Man is more in a situation like Mewtwo.
Megaman is in time out. Capcom isn't going to let him come out and play for a while. Ridley isn't really comparable to Megaman in the terms of accessibility.

or even the child molester elf(tingle)
Hey. That's Waluigi's job.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Mega Man's situation can be compared to Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a super popular Legendary Pokemon with two movies, but Mega Man is the main protagonist of a very famous franchise. Comparing the two removals, I found Mewtwo's removal to be disappointing but understandable as Pokemon Trainer and Lucario got in as newcomers, both of which were good choices. I found Mega Man's removal in MvC3 and especially UMvC3 to be repulsive and shocking. That's like removing Mario or Samus from Smash, you just don't do it.

I think his situation is unique to himself. A (unofficial) mascot put out of a game he should be a shoe-in whereas Mewtwo chances weren't nearly as high in Brawl and are even lower in SSB4.

OmegaXXII

or even the child molester elf(tingle) :c

I have a strange felling we will get waluigi whether we want him or not.
I as well, like I stated in the past, everybody has a chance to be considered, regardless, unless the contions set by Sakurai isn't met by the character.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
with megaman I was just using him as an example on sometimes fan demand is not enough sometimes the creator get's in the way.

With this game being so far away the let down is going to be a lot greater then it was in the prebrawl days, Nintendo should have waited for the trailer to announce it so it wont seem like such a huge wait.

Also is it any way possable the trailer can debate before e3?

@omega: how is your sig so huge :p also is there a option in the cp that lets use change the default color of your post I heard it mentioned somewhere in this thread?

OmegaXXII

I don't think Mega Man's situation can be compared to Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a super popular Legendary Pokemon with two movies, but Mega Man is the main protagonist of a very famous franchise. Comparing the two removals, I found Mewtwo's removal to be disappointing but understandable as Pokemon Trainer and Lucario got in as newcomers, both of which were good choices. I found Mega Man's removal in MvC3 and especially UMvC3 to be repulsive and shocking. That's like removing Mario or Samus from Smash, you just don't do it.
Yup, pretty much this, I agree entirely.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't think Mega Man's situation can be compared to Mewtwo. Mewtwo is a super popular Legendary Pokemon with two movies, but Mega Man is the main protagonist of a very famous franchise. Comparing the two removals, I found Mewtwo's removal to be disappointing but understandable as Pokemon Trainer and Lucario got in as newcomers, both of which were good choices. I found Mega Man's removal in MvC3 and especially UMvC3 to be repulsive and shocking.
I know but they had similar things happen to them.

Both were popular and unique veterans
Both had bad movesets
Both had a lot of fan support
Both had and still have requests for a buffed moveset
When they were left out of their games (Brawl/MvC3) and there was a lot of fan outrage
There was no real reason for their exclusion
etc.

Please vote:
Who is more likely to get into SSB?
A.Daisy
B.Rosalina
None of them are getting in.

But Daisy is more likely I guess

But none of them are getting in

@---: Nintendo isn't doing anything to Ridley. Unlike Capcom who's giving Megaman a time out. Ridley still appears in all metroid games. Seriously, they may have the same case but nintendo is different from Capcom no matter how much facts you put

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141

Can you please not say that about my favorite characters, How would you like it if I said Toad wasn't getting in because he is used as peach's special?

OmegaXXII

Please vote:
A.Daisy
B.Rosalina
None!!!

Eh..Rosalina I guess, but neither stand a chance against Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Toad, or even Geno for that matter, they are too insignificant to be included, as AT'S yes I do.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Mega Man not in MvC 3 Shocking? Maybe at first, but later we found out that Classic and Volnutt found spiritual successors who were better and more received than they ever were so it's not like they were completely ignored, not to mention Inafune wanted Zero and Tron in. But Repulsive? Come on, you are just over reacting and trying to make it sound worse than it really is.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
None!!!

Eh..Rosalina I guess, but neither stand a chance against Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Toad, or even Geno for that matter, they are too insignificant to be included, as AT'S yes I do.

Who wants paper mario to be in ssb? It might seem nice, but if you actually think about it, you would realized that he would be a clone.

Can you please not say that about my favorite characters, How would you like it if I said Toad wasn't getting in because he is used as peach's special?
I said my answer already.

If you use that usual excuse, sorry but that does not negate his (ARBITRARY) chances anymore.

Paper Mario being a clone? You serious? That's ******** in many levels. His limbs are too small. It's nearly impossible. Paper Mario is completely different from Mario in terms of abilities. Well, the jumping ability remains

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've heard the Rosalina was an AT, but got cut at some point. (I've heard she was even an AT during on hands demos where fans were allowed to play the game) It's all hear say though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mega Man not in MvC 3 Shocking? Maybe at first, but later we found out that Classic and Volnutt found spiritual successors who were better and more received than they ever were so it's not like they were completely ignored, not to mention Inafune wanted Zero and Tron in. But Repulsive? Come on, you are just over reacting and trying to make it sound worse than it really is.
C'mon, you know this has been a publicity stunt. If you need proof just look at everything Nitsuma has been saying lately in regards to Megaman. I'm telling you and I will say it again, they have intentionally left him off until they are positive they have their final version so they can entice people to purchase another upgrade.

I'm not saying it was this way from the start but it certainly is now.

OmegaXXII

Who wants paper mario to be in ssb? It might seem nice, but if you actually think about it, you would realized that he would be a clone.
Explain how Paper Mario would be a clone? Are you dead serious that NOBODY wants him??

You need to play his games before making such assumptions about P.Mario, he is unique and would have his own fighting styple from Mario's he would NOT be a clone.

I created a moveset to prove it as well.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
FLUCKING CHARACTER IDEAS!

Hmmmm.......*gets trollioli idea*

Who's has the lowest chances of getting in?
A.Mario
B.Link
C.Donkey Kong
D.Toad
:troll:
(inbe4sum1saysGoku:awesome:)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
C'mon, you know this has been a publicity stunt. If you need proof just look at everything Nitsuma has been saying lately in regards to Megaman. I'm telling you and I will say it again, they have intentionally left him off until they are positive they have their final version so they can entice people to purchase another upgrade.

I'm not saying it was this way from the start but it certainly is now.
Well I hope the trainwreck that is Marvel's roster is just a "publicity stunt" as well. I am not a fan of many of their picks.

Paper Mario's limbs are too small. Making him a clone is a stupid idea. I can't even picture it

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
There is no technical way Paper Mario can be a clone. Period. Paper Mario is a 2D character, Mario is 3D. Want proof, Paper Mario can't do Mario's Tornado Spin. Most of all the spins and twirls Mario does Paper Mario cannot as his model is dramatically different then Mario's.

Paper Mario has more of a possibility of being a clone of Game and Watch than Mario.

Well I hope the trainwreck that is Marvel's roster is just a "publicity stunt" as well. I am not a fan of many of their picks.
Sad thing is it isn't...

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

@---: Nintendo isn't doing anything to Ridley. Unlike Capcom who's giving Megaman a time out. Ridley still appears in all metroid games. Seriously, they may have the same case but nintendo is different from Capcom no matter how much facts you put
?

I was taking about Mewtwo and Mega Man having some similar cases to their hype and exclusion, I already stated that Ridley wasn't like Mega Man.

OmegaXXII

soviet prince said:
@omega: how is your sig so huge :p also is there a option in the cp that lets use change the default color of your post I heard it mentioned somewhere in this thread?
Well there us such an option:

Go to User CP
You'll see on the left side that says "Edit profile"
Then scroll down until you see the option to put a color for your posts, it automatically colors ever post for you, I use Magenta.

As for the sig ask Starphoenix, he made my sig.

D

Deleted member

Please vote:
A.Daisy
B.Rosalina
I would say Daisy. That said, both are very unlikely and I am against either getting in. Heck I would prefer Waluigi to those two, at least he has move set potentials and would represent the spin-off Mario games the best even though I don't think purely spin-off characters should be playable.
I know but they had similar things happen to them.

Both were popular and unique veterans
Both had bad movesets
Both had a lot of fan support
Both had and still have requests for a buffed moveset
When they were left out of their games (Brawl/MvC) and there was a lot of fan outrage
There was no real reason for their exclusion
etc.
Slight difference in the first example. Both were popular and unique, but Mega Man had been in two games from the start while Mewtwo was a hard-to-unlock character in Melee, so Mega Man was more involved in the Vs. game whereas Mewtwo was just an unlockable character in one game.

Agree with Mega Man, but I don't think Mewtwo's removal was completely without reason. Had he not gotten remove, one of these three would have happened:

- Jigglypuff would have gotten the axe.
- Pokemon Trainer would not have been in Brawl.
- Lucario would not have made the cut.

Basically, since Jigglypuff was chosen, they had no choice but to kick off Mewtwo (Which of course probably contributed to the unfair hate on Jigglypuff), so I at least understood they weren't being stupid when deciding which unique Pokemon character they had to remove. Hopefully Pokemon gets five slots so that Mewtwo might make his return. Mewtwo's removal merely disappointed a ton of people. What Mega Man's removal from UMvC3 did was brought up a huge storm on the Internet and many people lost faith in Capcom due to this event.

However, the bolded has me worried about two things. One is if Capcom will put Mega Man in Smash (Which is questionable, although perhaps the better question to ask is if and when Capcom will revive the series) and even worse, if Sakurai is planning on replacing Lucario with Zoroark and without intentions of solidifying either Mewtwo, Lucario, Deoxys, or Meowth in the game, the latter of which has me extremely worried about the future of Pokemon in Smash and if it will stagnate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom