• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm.. Yes I see, I also learned not to get to heated up and let my emotions take over when it comes go debating and such, that's why I've learned to not take everything so seriously, Sakurai hasn't even started development so any of the stuff we are speculating might not even come to pass.

:phone:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I think if you made radical additions to Smash is played, then some people will be happy, and some people will be very upset. For instance, making it a 360º arena rather than a planar arena would make the people happy who think Smash Bros is stagnant, but it would alienate all the players who love smash for what it is.

Just throwing that out there

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
@ ssbf yes I am debating on wheather to keep it since I got 71 submissions so far or start over to make it fair to other people

Also
1. do you think one pick for each franchise is good?

Also we may need to consider some support for ridley guys, I know he is likly to be added but Sakurai can be stubborn and might still leave him out. I think we need to maybe have a article on why he can fit in brawl, I would do it but I am prob not able to keep the petion active

the link

http://booroo.com/app/rendersurvey.asp?sid=dwi2hgezamk0ynk13709

Actually, Sakurai likes Ridley. Why do you think he made him a boss instead of him not appearing at all. (Someone has a similiar case to you know)

D

Deleted member

@soviet prince: For your question, one pick for each franchise is not that great of an idea. Many people will want more then one characters from each franchise. If they want each and every single character you put on the poll, let them do so. That will give you a more accurate result. With that, I would recommend restarting it.

Finally, we have a ton of support going on for Ridley already. Almost no one that isn't a troll is against his inclusion and support for him will only go up. However, if a Ridley alliance from a dedicated person is made, providing they want to be part of PCAM, I will add Ridley to the list.

That? Oh, how the hell are we suppose to know that?

He took Sakurai's interest plus he is unique. One more thing, he has the popularity. He has everything.

D

Deleted member

This. Ridley along with Little Mac are the only two characters I would be shocked if they were not made playable. Only Sakurai's bias can keep them out now.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually, Sakurai likes Ridley. Why do you think he made him a boss instead of him not appearing at all. (Someone has a similiar case to you know)
I know this was brought up before but, in a post-Brawl interview with Nintendo Power, he did talk about Ridley and admited his popularity, but that it would take sometime to come up with a possible moveset and various other factors.

I'd quote the article, but I'm at my Grandparents so the issue isn't with me.

But for the moment gotta go, back in 30.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
That? Oh, how the hell are we suppose to know that?

He took Sakurai's interest plus he is unique. One more thing, he has the popularity. He has everything.
I am aware of that but in a Nintendo power interview he did say it was imposable and he be really slow. I also am aware of the fact that he said if they devoted there time to it they could make him playable. Things that worry me is why did they not devote there time to make him playable in brawl, and why did he thank he would be imposable?

First of all, it's think not thank.

Second, source? I don't think they said that. In fact, it's quite the opposite from what I heard

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@star I really think it's better to keep it the perspective smash is at now, if you change it to much then it's not smash anymore.
I think if you made radical additions to Smash is played, then some people will be happy, and some people will be very upset. For instance, making it a 360º arena rather than a planar arena would make the people happy who think Smash Bros is stagnant, but it would alienate all the players who love smash for what it is.

Just throwing that out there
I went ahead and dropped that part of my mini-essay. It was one of those things that sounds like a good idea at the time, but when you begin thinking about it it isn't so enticing anymore... Even I had concern with it, so it is best to just focus on my other points, which were what the essay was primarily meant for.

Still, I had this weird feeling Smashchu was going to respond... The same weird feeling that told me Chronobound would be here today...

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
First of all, it's think not thank.

Second, source? I don't think they said that. In fact, it's quite the opposite from what I heard
did you really have to point that out :p

would be interested in what you think you heard since I am pretty sure that's what he said.

D

Deleted member

I am aware of that but in a Nintendo power interview he did say it was imposable and he be really slow. I also am aware of the fact that he said if they devoted there time to it they could make him playable. Things that worry me is why did they not devote there time to make him playable in brawl, and why did he thank he would be imposable?
Sakurai said that if they put in more effort, they might get Ridley in as a playable character, albeit a little slow. The only reason why they said it was impossible at the time is because Ridley was never consider as a playable character. Since being confronted, Ridley will definitely be considered as a playable character and because of his insane popularity, him being relevant to Metroid, and his importance to the franchise, he will almost certainly make the cut. So you don't have much to worry about.

D

Deleted member

Sent a letter to CrimsonFeint and Young Horsetail in regards to PCAM. Hopefully, they respond soon.

Also going to make a blog entry on PCAM introducing Knights of Elibe to the group since ChronoBound requested his group to be part of it.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'm sure you guys have all answered this question from other people in the past, but I'm just curious... what's your guess at how large the roster will be?

Will we finally break the 50-character mark?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Has there been any more interviews from Masahiro about the game recently? I heard that he's going to start making the Smash Brothers game in October if thats true.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm sure you guys have all answered this question from other people in the past, but I'm just curious... what's your guess at how large the roster will be?

I'm personally expecting a roster of 42, 44, or 45. With the possibility of 48-51 character's.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is the exact quote

Nintendo Power: There was a rumor at one point about Ridley being playable. Was that ever a consideration?

Sakurai: I think that would probably be pretty impossible. [Laughs] If we had put our best efforts into it, we may have been able to do it. But he might have been a little slow. Would that be all right? [Laughs]

to me it seems like he thanks it's imposable to put him in, and he even jokes that if he was in he be real slow which means he thanks he would not be very useable as a playable player

How can star be N?

If he was N then N should be supporting Slime.

@Soviet: My response....
Sakurai said that if they put in more effort, they might get Ridley in as a playable character, albeit a little slow. The only reason why they said it was impossible at the time is because Ridley was never consider as a playable character. Since being confronted, Ridley will definitely be considered as a playable character and because of his insane popularity, him being relevant to Metroid, and his importance to the franchise, he will almost certainly make the cut. So you don't have much to worry about.

OmegaXXII

Similar font color, avi looks similar.

@Soviet: I have the link of that article, I've posted that in the past, it's nothing new I'm afraid. :/

D

Deleted member

That depends on if we get universal roster or not.

If we do get universal roster, my expectations in regards to how many characters we get are very low; just thirty-seven slots. However, if Sakurai has a brain and recognize how stupid this idea is, I'm expecting forty-four slots.

So I very much doubt we'll break the 50-character mark until SSB5. With universal roster, I predict thirty-seven slots. While it can handle up to 50 slots, the developers will very likely sacrifice the characters for [insert story mode/single-player mode] on both versions. However, I am of the opinion that a smaller roster isn't a bad thing as long as the characters choices are good, so I'm not entirely pessimistic about universal roster despite me heavily disapproving of the idea. Without a universal roster, I predict 44 slots. Up to forty-nine slots is possible and there's the off-chance it goes up to fifty-four slots.

Either way, I'm prepared well enough but crappy character choices like Rosalina and Daisy, which should never be excused.
I'm personally expecting a roster of 42, 44, or 45. With the possibility of 48-51 character's.
Is that with transformation included?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meep. I had to go to a water park. It sucked. Anyways, what was discussed today?

OmegaXXII

Does this include character transformations as well?

Personally i'd like to see at least 50+ characters but the problem is, is that Sakurai might not want that many characters to begin with, all Im expecting is about 48 with transformatins included, maybe even less since I'm not trying to be optimistic about it, why? Because I'd rather get surprised expecting less than expecting more and get dissapointed and shattered at the end, Sakurai tends to do that y'know.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For a second there I thought Star was N. O_o

I guess my avatar can look like N if you aren't paying attention. But actually it is Elza from The Last Story.

Does this include character transformations as well?

Personally i'd like to see at least 50+ characters but the problem is, is that Sakurai might not want that many characters to begin with, all Im expecting is about 48 with transformatins included, maybe even less since I'm not trying to be optimistic about it, why? Because I'd rather get surprised expecting less than expecting more and get dissapointed and shattered at the end, Sakurai tends to do that y'know.

Yes it does which is why I said 42-45 on the roster (slots) with the possibility of 48-52 characters.

D

Deleted member

Meep. I had to go to a water park. It sucked. Anyways, what was discussed today?
People don't like going to a water park? Honestly, I would have loved to go to one, providing of course it didn't suck.
Star's stage concept, stage inclusion, PCAM, aside from that it was really slow today, really.

Basically this and Starphoenix's mechanical ideas. Knights of Elibe, an alliance made by ChronoBound, will be joining us withe my approval and I'm setting out to make a post.

I also updated Project Unova with the announcement of PCAM and PM'd CrimsonFeint and Young Horsetail if they want to work with us. Hopefully, they will.

Another thing to note is that Starphoenix is trying to find someone to take the Ruffian Forever group off of him so he can focus on Slime & Chocobo's inclusion. I'm not sure who to look at., although shinhed-echi is a possible person who could lead it if interested.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
My idea was in asking myself, "how could the Smash series expand while delivering something creative"? My first point was something I even pointed out was unlikely, but would be better suited for a mode if anything. It was simply an idea.

Point 2 was more in line with scrolling stages. Castle Siege, while technically dynamic, isn't exatcly what I was referring to. It is my fault for leaving such an ambiguous term as "dynamic" everywhere, but I'd hoped it'd have been understood by the stages I pointed out. So my bad.

As for the last point the items don't have to be "bunch of dumb ones now" and "only the cool one's later". There is a way to do it where it could be functional and add a little bit of depth to the whole item experience. If I had had spent more time refining my idea maybe I could have at least made it a little more palatable to you. There can be a way for it to be accomplished with Smash Bros' creativity behind it. Sometimes part of the fun is finding an idea and running with it. Not to absurd degrees or with stupid things that make little sense, but potential changes.

Aren't you at least going to give me props for not picking Street Fighter?
How you described #2, I don't see much difference between that and what many stages already do.

I think something to remember is that it works best when it is simple. The "forge items," is very long and drawn out. At the same time, it's not very Smash like. People don't buy Smash to make items.

Probably gonna give you more props for you avatar. Good to see someone like Elza.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Universal rosters and Ridley being impossible or not.
Psh. Let's be real.

Universal roster, is going to happen. I would be willing to bet on it.

As for Ridley, why don't non-believers refer to the Melee intro?

WOOHOO! If these two snores topics were the biggest topics, that's a boring day.

People don't like going to a water park? Honestly, I would have loved to go to one, providing of course it didn't suck.
Well, I was forced, and I'm not a fan of that particular park. I've been there too much.

@SSBF: Too bad shin pretty inactive.

@Shortie: The non believer ironically is a Ridley supporter. I really wouldn't give a **** if it's universal or not. As long as there are more than 45 characters then I'm fine with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom