• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Being Sakurai's creation plus having popularity was good enough for him to be adde to the game.

Also, notice that Jr. only got 2.8!? Lots of people were only neutral with him
By lots. lets remember its probably 10 - 15 people.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Didn't King Dedede get in solely because his popularity in Japan?
It was mostly Sakurai again, he did voice him in Brawl. :awesome:

Not that any of it really matters, Sakurai once said D3 was going to be on the 64 roster, but was cut. So it was only a matter of time before he got in, plus he is deserving anyway and also had a fare fanbase overseas.

Yeah I forgot, only a few people go to SSBF's thread.

However, I didn't see Jr. even in the Game FAQ's rate their chance thread while I saw Toad and Paper Mario up there. There were like over 150 people who voted in that thread.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
DidMan, I wish I still had a scanner and PTS. I would upload some of my kirby hats and make them perty. I have this "Cloaked Zelda" I'm in love with.

It is based off this outfit she wears in Twilight Princess:

I love this idea, I totally support clocked people, so awesome! :cool:

:phone:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah I forgot, only a few people go to SSBF's thread.

However, I didn't see Jr. even in the Game FAQ's rate their chance thread while I saw Toad and Paper Mario up there. There were like over 150 people who voted in that thread.
I'd say it has died down once the more popular possible newcomers were rated. But either way, unlike other hype threads on other sites, SWF is much smaller. But at least this thread isn't out of control 24/7 and is much more realistic. Until next E3 of course...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I love this idea, I totally support clocked people, so awesome! :cool:
I recall seeing "Cloaked Zelda" on one of the many fake Brawl rosters and that's where I got the idea for a CZelda Kirby. I've also done a good Geno, Krystal, Victini, Meowth, Vaati, Medusa, and I did an okay Black Knight. It wasn't anything worth bragging about though.

When I buy my personal laptop for school, I'll download Paint Tool Sai or Photoshop again and I'll fix my scanner so I can upload all my hats. I'll color them too, why not practice?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Because we can't predict which character will get in? It's actually a yes and a no. Yes because it's fun and no because it gets annoying once you over do it.
I just get sick of arguing through the "evidence" and whatnot of why some characters are more and less likely. I'm more interested in the all-encompassing, like story, art style, stuff like that.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
"Evidence"? It's too arbitrary for us to decide which will most likely get in.

At least I don't know much about Pokemon :awesome:

OmegaXXII

I just get sick of arguing through the "evidence" and whatnot of why some characters are more and less likely. I'm more interested in the all-encompassing, like story, art style, stuff like that.
Yea, I know what you mean, like other others pointed out Pokemon seems to be one of the most controversial topics here, it's fun discussing sometimes.

I also would like to discuss more stage based or character mechanics or even modes for that matter.

Since pokemon usually has the most number of characters I guess.

How about characters that can bring something new to the table?

@Soviet: Good luck dawg.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Debates only get bad when someone refuses to let their fanboy guard down.
Very true, but I wonder about who you're talking about... lol

Either way, character hype is a natural process to any fighting game; heck in some cases you can get you favorite character in as well, Ex. Sonic in Brawl. Although it can back fire, Ex. Mega Man in MvC3 XP.

OmegaXXII

I recall seeing "Cloaked Zelda" on one of the many fake Brawl rosters and that's where I got the idea for a CZelda Kirby. I've also done a good Geno, Krystal, Victini, Meowth, Vaati, Medusa, and I did an okay Black Knight. It wasn't anything worth bragging about though.

When I buy my personal laptop for school, I'll download Paint Tool Sai or Photoshop again and I'll fix my scanner so I can upload all my hats. I'll color them too, why not practice?
Wow, a Black Knight version as well, hmm.. Even if it's not all that great I'd still like to take a ganther at it, it might actually catch somebody's eye as well.

This idea reminded me of Rikku from Kingdom Hearts who btw inspired me to play it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Very true, but I wonder about who you're talking about... lol

Either way, character hype is a natural process to any fighting game; heck in some cases you can get you favorite character in as well, Ex. Sonic in Brawl. Although it can back fire, Ex. Mega Man in MvC3 XP.
But it's clear Megaman has some problems going on right now. However unfortunate that may be for some people. It's a blessing in disguise for the Jill Valentine fan in me :awesome:

Wow, a Black Knight version as well, hmm.. Even if it's not all that great I'd still like to take a ganther at it, it might actually catch somebody's eye as well.
Meh. Okay. As soon as I can post the rough sketches I will.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well if you wanna keep following my blog, I'll probably never discuss roster, so it can be a break from this sorta discussion. =P

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
@beserker- I know your against the idea of my poll but it wont hurt to try not like it will take to long to make. I am also not trying to be hostel toward you in any way I know it might seem that way to you and maybe ssbf, Just friendly debate lol

But it's clear Megaman has some problems going on right now. However unfortunate that may be for some people. It's a blessing in disguise for the Jill Valentine fan in me :awesome:
Not for me. I support Chris but I feel bad for what Mega Man is going through.

OmegaXXII

Chris really doesn't really stand a chance, not as big as Megaman but again he might have a chance depending if he meets the said requirements said out by Sakurai.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@beserker- I know your against the idea of my poll but it wont hurt to try not like it will take to long to make. I am also not trying to be hostel toward you in any way I know it might seem that way to you and maybe ssbf, Just friendly debate lol
Who cares if someone is against you making a poll? I had people tell me not to make my poll I have, and now look at it. I have over four hundred votes. Although I still think that many votes is sketch.

ArcadeNik was a major help with my poll. Too bad he left after this thread replaced the original SSB4 thread.

@soviet: It's not that. This place is gonna get overrun by a lot of people or only a few people will vote. They have a negative effect. Being overrun means you'll have to browse a lot of pages and this place will become a thread full of spam or something. Few people voting means that your poll will be useless since not much will vote. Just saying

You should put it somewhere else. Not in this thread. A blog or that mister polls website
Chris really doesn't really stand a chance, not as big as Megaman but again he might have a chance depending if he meets the said requirements said out by Sakurai.

You realize the part where in I don't think he's likely? I said that a lot of times when I post my support for Chris

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
shortie: yeah I going to do it anyway :D
berserker: was already planning on doing it on another site, I got a facebook page set up and everything, it may not get but a few voters but it's no skin off my back.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But it's clear Megaman has some problems going on right now. However unfortunate that may be for some people.
Meanwhile at Capcom's Headquarters in Japan... :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Meanwhile at the Capcom's Headquarters in Japan... :cool:

Seriously though, I'm happy about this little mishap. I mean, Megaman isn't going anywhere, he just might take a break for a while, so this actually leaves Jill as one of the best candidates from Capcom.

Every once in a while a character will come along, and I'll fall in love with the idea of them in smash. Like, if that character gets in, I'll freak out. For me, Krystal, Jill Valentine, any Soul caliber character, Geno, Gardevior and Deoxys are those characters. I'm just a big fanboy. :awesome:

Although, I try to keep that mindset out of any debates, because it makes you look foolish. And I don't need to look any crazier than I already seem.

soviet prince

NNID
7066-9708-9591
anyway what u think of this format

1. it's franchise that's getting representation gets a poll question and people can vote one 1 that they most want to see

2. should I add a no representation option. I thought about adding it because there are some franchises that has few important reps like wario ware and metroid

3. franchises like pikiman I am thinking to leave out since there really no characters to add

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Get used to that a lot here. People always seem to come up with asinine, arbitrary reasoning for why or why not character x,y, and z will/won't be playable..

I'm not being pessimistic about it. The thing is he does not have much support.
Want to talk about pessimism, look at some of the characters I would support?

Pokey
Orbulon
Slime and Chocobo (heck, either of them)
Will
Richard
Tom Nook
Cranky Kong
Earthworm Jim

In my minds all of these characters would be interesting combatants, but do I think they are likely? Heck no. Although Slime is a little different of a story... Still, at the end of the day I'm a realist despite my own preferences.

Also, SSBF. What do you think of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom